[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
9th Circuit Cout of Appeals says 2nd Amendment Does Not Guarantee
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5
File: Circuit 9th.jpg (73 KB, 603x615) Image search: [Google]
Circuit 9th.jpg
73 KB, 603x615
'A federal appeals court in San Francisco ruled Thursday that the Second Amendment of the Constitution does not guarantee the right of gun owners to carry concealed weapons in public, upholding a California law that imposes stringent conditions on who may be granted a concealed-carry permit.

The 7-to-4 ruling by the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, in San Francisco, overturned a decision by a three-judge panel of the same court and was a setback for gun advocates. The California law requires applicants to demonstrate “good cause” for carrying a weapon, like working in a job with a security threat — a restriction sharply attacked by gun advocates as violating the Second Amendment right to bear arms.

“Based on the overwhelming consensus of historical sources, we conclude that the protection of the Second Amendment — whatever the scope of that protection may be — simply does not extend to the carrying of concealed firearms in public by members of the general public,” the court said in a ruling written by Judge William A. Fletcher.'

https://archive.is/DlYpV ( http://www.nytimes.com/2016/06/10/us/second-amendment-concealed-carry.html ) (also many other sources in the news now, naturally)

This ruling applies immediately to the following jurisdictions:
Alaska
Arizona
California
Guam
Hawaii
Idaho
Montana
Nevada
Northern Mariana Islands
Oregon
Washington

Previous thread >>76661266
>>
File: bill clinton 6 9 2016.png (915 KB, 634x819) Image search: [Google]
bill clinton 6 9 2016.png
915 KB, 634x819
if they ruled that OP isnt a fag would it be true?
>>
It's happening
>>
>>76697571

so national open carry of a loaded firearm should be ok with them

>I jest, but this is mafw
>>
So then it goes to the SCOTUS where the ruling is vacated, after Trump is elected.
>>
>>76697571
The 9th Circuit is the most overturned court in the nation, this will goto the Supreme Court and get overturned as usual.
>>
>>76698907
How long till, and will this affect a charge of concealed carry without a license to carry?
>>
File: download.jpg (10 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
10 KB, 259x194
Y'all er' a buncha' cucks. I carry my 45 S&M on my waist, never know when a trained civilian can step in the line and do his or her duty to society.
>>
>San Francisco
surprise
>>
>>76698907
It has a ~80% rate of overturn, right?
>>
>>76701223
SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED
>>
>>76697571
>protection of the Second Amendment — whatever the scope of that protection may be — simply does not extend to the carrying of concealed firearms in public by members of the general public
>general public
as opposed to who? I thought all people were equal?
>>
>san francisco

figures
>>
>>76697571
>This ruling applies immediately to the following jurisdictions:
kek, no. nobody is touching my guns.
>>
>>76697571
also
not sure why they would take this case now, it only emboldens people to vote republican
>>
>>76701223
It certainly does, there have been years when the 9th Circuit is overturned nearly 100% of the time and they rarely dip below 75%. It's pretty much the retard Circuit as far as they go because it's like they can't produce a single ruling without shitting their pants. If we end up with Trump the SCOTUS will likely take one look at the 9th's decision on this and tell them to cram it up their ass. If it's Hilary we may very well just have to worry about some sort of horrible open conflict and I'll be to busy worrying about securing my guzzoline and a supply of chaps and hockey masks to really care what the courts did.
>>
As a washingtonian, I don't stand by any court ruling outside of my state. Plus I already have my CC permit. So fuck you 9th circuit court.

Suckkkk my dickkkkk.
>>
This will surely stop gun crimes, right guys?
>>
>>76697571
good luck trying to push this on arizona residents
>>
>>76702397
that's by design though. They don't rule that way because they think it's a good judgement. They know the only way they can force progressive ideas onto people is nationally and without the consent of the people.

they're throwing shit at the feds to see what sticks
>>
>>76702023
>>76703316
Specifically it ruled on the legality of CA's law; it doesn't impose that law on the other states, it just makes it legal for them to pass similar laws
>>
File: IMG_0770.jpg (181 KB, 999x1300) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0770.jpg
181 KB, 999x1300
>>76703010
WA bro: mine doesn't expire for 4 more years. think they'll let us renew?
perhaps it depends who's president...
>>
>>76697571
doesn't guarantee, is a bit different from we are banning it

although it does seem to be a step on the way
>>
Fucking hell, I'm definitely a

#ShillForHill

now
>>
>>76697571
Well gee, I suppose it also doesn't guarantee the right of someone to bear arms without the obligatory dick in one's mouth. I guess since the 2nd didn't say anything about bullets, they can ban those too.

SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED
>>
>>76698756
The best part is open carry in cali was totally legal

Until the black panthers started neighborhood patrols to keep their homes safe and then Reagan and the NRA and the racists flipped the fuck out and passed laws banning it.
>>
>>76705854
I wonder if open and concealed carry being illegal in CA now will make the case get to SCOTUS faster
>>
>>76698907
Not without our newly deceased judge :^)
>>
>>76697571
this does not affect az, most pro gun state in union... at all...
>>
>>76698907

Won't be overturned for a year at least with the court split 4/4.

And if Hilldawg gets elected, it'll go nationwide.
>>
>>76709062

Good. Maybe when white men start having their little toys taken from them they'll get off their FAT stupid asses and start coming up with real solutions to unfuck this mess, rather than white for eternity.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.