[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Opinion piece on censorship
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 8
File: image.jpg (218 KB, 2048x1221) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
218 KB, 2048x1221
http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2016/06/01/facebook-twitter-google-microsoft-vow-to-fight-online-hate-in-europe-why-stop-there.html

>First the good news. The European Commission and EU member states together with Facebook, Twitter, Google/YouTube and Microsoft unveiled a code of conduct this week that includes a series of commitments to combat the spread of illegal hate speech online in Europe.

>This is a welcome, if not long overdue development. The Charlie Hebdo assassinations and continuing spate of terrorist mass murders in France and Belgium may have outraged the civilized world, but terror groups use Twitter and other Social Media to portray the Islamist killers as heroes to young Muslims in Europe and beyond. It is estimated that last fall ISIS was sending out 200,000 tweets a day!

>Yet, beyond terrorism is the distressing mainstreaming of hate and anti-Semitism in Europe.

What does /pol/ think of this?
>>
(((Rabbi Abraham Cooper)))
>>
File: images (3).jpg (3 KB, 190x176) Image search: [Google]
images (3).jpg
3 KB, 190x176
>illegal hate speech

read this 10 times.

do it
>>
>>>???///{{{(((RABBI)))}}}///???<<<

They're not even trying anymore are they? They must feel that victory is already assured.
>>
>>76671190
>distressing mainstreaming of hate and anti-Semitism in Europe.

the nose knows
(((RABBI)))
(
(
R
A
B
B
I
)
)
)
>>
>>76671190
>rabbi
>illegal hate speech
>why stop there
>>
File: antifrench rap.png (247 KB, 1896x2586) Image search: [Google]
antifrench rap.png
247 KB, 1896x2586
What I think is the same as everyone who isn't a leftard : the EU is using the fight on terror as an excuse to ban guns and restrict freedom of speech (and both were seriously restricted already).
Nothing is going to change, shitskins will still be able to preach their islamist bullshit and anti-white ideas everywhere, and it'll be considered "freedom of speech", while whites will be shut down as soon as they say something politically uncorrect, just like it has been going for the last decade. The only difference is that they'll be able to send us to jail even more easily for "hate speech".
>>
>>76671190
I welcome it :)

>>76671465
Reported

see here: https://www.coe.int/t/dghl/monitoring/ecri/default_en.asp
>>
>>76671311
fpbp
>>
>>76671190
>200 Gorillion tweets! Shut it down!
>>
>>76671687
tottenham fan detected.
>>
>>76671611
this is the point in time when all is lost

we need heroes willing to sacrifice themselves again
>>
>>76671589
It's fucking happening.
>>
How will they fight those people that say they hate certain types of hate speech or a different political view or hate people who just generally disagree with what others have to say?

Hate speech can literally be anything, as long as you HATE it.

Is that not what hate speech is, speech that is hateful against something?

>I hate Trump, literal racist
>This isn't hate speech
>>
File: 1446394844436.jpg (48 KB, 508x343) Image search: [Google]
1446394844436.jpg
48 KB, 508x343
>Rabbi Abraham Cooper
>>
I'll just leave this here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFxFRqNmXKg
>>
File: 1455678236533.jpg (13 KB, 200x273) Image search: [Google]
1455678236533.jpg
13 KB, 200x273
>Rabbi
>>
>>76671190
Its counterproductive. You don't get rid of bad ideas by just shushing them up, you get rid of them by engaging with them. Every weird racist harasser they ban is just going to find some other outlet likely one less safe.
>>
>>76672083
Remember Tay?

Remember how you had taught her talking like proper trump supporter?

that's how
>>
Let's dispense with the lie that we can preserve free speech and restrict hate speech. Free speech IS hate speech. The concept of "free speech", like all other "negative liberties", is a false consciousness created by dead white bourgeoise men to help preserve their oppressive system.

When all are equally free to speak under the law, those who already have the most power are able to speak the loudest. Instead, we should directly condemn "free speech" in favor of a progressive speech policy that elevates the marginalized persons in our society.

Say NO to free speech!!!
>>
File: king.jpg (1 MB, 2109x3310) Image search: [Google]
king.jpg
1 MB, 2109x3310
>(((Rabbi Abraham Cooper)))

Wew.
>>
File: 1465209614623.png (2 MB, 895x3747) Image search: [Google]
1465209614623.png
2 MB, 895x3747
>>76672284
>Its counterproductive. You don't get rid of bad ideas by just shushing them up, you get rid of them by engaging with them. Every weird racist harasser they ban is just going to find some other outlet likely one less safe.
poor amerifart feeling safe in his delusions

if you want to get rid of an idea censorship and punishment is the way to go - you just smash all the ideas not in line with the decree of the Party
people may notice that someone was hanged for thought crime, but they wont know what his thoughts were

if you engage in a discussion you risk of contamination of wrongthink spreading and we wouldn't want that, would we?
>>
>>76671190
I have mixed feelings about the USA. What if they go Soviet Union on countries that are its "allies"?
>>
>>76673051
>that pic
is it from Al Jazeera or something?
>>
>>76674144
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtA21eiSmT8

gaze upon it and despair
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.