[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
PROPAGANDA GENERAL #1: GENERAL ELECTION KICK-OFF
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 14
File: bernayspropaganda.jpg (185 KB, 748x1154) Image search: [Google]
bernayspropaganda.jpg
185 KB, 748x1154
I would like to announce a new general. We have had a few of these in the past, but they were never continuous. I would like this to be an ongoing project on /pol/.

I was initially going to wait until a few days to post this, but the fact that Hillary has managed to amass over 100k+ retweets and favorites in thirty minutes is making me livid (not to mention, the equal ratio of retweets to favorites makes it likely it's being pushed by bots).

I have been brainstorming the past few weeks over tactics to use to undermine the Clinton campaign, not through direct rhetoric, but through black propaganda, at least for the first step. Look up the term, I'm not going to explain it here, but yes, we need to start engaging in psyops. We already have on some level because of what seeps out of this board into the mainstream, but it's time to further our efforts. There are three steps to this program as I envision it, and I will lay them out here briefly but each step will be discussed in detail in the upcoming days depending on the reception here. The three steps of this phase are:

>RECUPERATE
>UNDERMINE
>INFILTRATE

The strategy is simple. For this thread, I will focus on recuperation, so I will get to the nitty-gritty details of that in a moment, but let me give you a synopsis of this strategy.

>Step One: Recuperate

To insert radical language and radical politics into pro-Hillary memes and disseminate them to left-liberal circles to enrage them and further alienate them from Hillary.

>Step Two: Undermine

Target particular groups and spread information aimed at undermining Hillary's supposed "base": Latinos, women, blacks, and even Bernie supporters. This is arguably the most important.

>Step Three: Infiltrate

Millennials love irony, but irony is two steps away from actual support. /pol/ should know this by now. Make it "hip" to like Trump, etc. All that jazz.

I hope that gives you a general idea of the plan as I see it now. Please share your thoughts.
>>
File: dg.jpg (75 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
dg.jpg
75 KB, 960x960
>RECUPERATION

In sociology and media culture, recuperation is the taking of radical slogans and decoupling them from their original meaning, leaving only their form, to be easily digested for mainstream (bourgeois) society. This became especially evident during the 60s and 70s during which it became popular for socialites, celebrities, and their ilk to adopt or be seen with radical politics to advance their social standing. The particular term for this is "radical chic" and it was popularized in 1970 by journalist Tom Wolfe.

Recently, I got this idea by seeing [pic related] making the rounds on Facebook. I am a part of a few leftist groups, so I see this kind of shit posted all the time. Lefties were pissed at a rich white woman appropriating other women's struggles into her campaign. What really triggers a certain segment of the liberal wing of the Democratic party is opportunistic cultural appropriation.

There have been other instances when this was a problem. I remember two very specifically, and the result was a lot of twitter backlash.

First was, Hillary's article on her site insisting that she was just like "your abuela" in an effort to pander to the Latino vote.

>http://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/24/us/politics/hillary-clinton-is-not-my-abuela-critics-say.html

Twitter and facebook users were very angry at this and took offense because it was outright pandering. The hastag #notmyabuela was trending for days and Hillary was hit with a lot of bad publicity from the press and the Latino community.

Second example happened on Kwanza, when Hillary Clinton's twitter, in celebration of the made-up holiday, changed her logo to the Kwanza colors in an effort to appeal to more blacks. She was widely ridiculed for this.

>http://www.adweek.com/prnewser/it-seems-twitter-believes-hillary-clinton-has-a-pandering-logo/120313
>>
File: 1465499642956.jpg (44 KB, 466x487) Image search: [Google]
1465499642956.jpg
44 KB, 466x487
>>76651749
One of the best arguments against Hillary Clinton for liberals is one of identity: that she is a ruthless opportunist, who will use cultures and peoples for political gain and then discard them the moment she no longer needs their service. We can gain from this perception.
>>
Top thread op, keep doing this.
>>
File: hillary_war_women_2016.jpg (279 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
hillary_war_women_2016.jpg
279 KB, 1280x720
>>76651594
I was making these a few months ago. Can't find them all, but you get the gist.
>>
I'm going to try to dig up previous propaganda generals on /pol/ and see if there is anything there we can use. I remember reading those months ago and it was really thought provoking.
>>
>>76651862
There are so many examples of this.
>switched from opposing to supporting gay marriage when it became politically beneficial to her
>switched from being anti-illegal to pro-illegal when hispanics became a larger minority than blacks
>hired a fucking mariachi band to play at her rally in east los angeles
>visits black neighborhoods and goes to chicken and waffle houses and talks about how she carries hot sauce everywhere
>that whole "superpredator" thing

this part is going to be easy.
>>
>>76652732
this is my favorite

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uXJ1mgkyF0
>>
>>76652562
Does she really have a large arrow plowing through the WTC as logo?
>>
File: 9.11.png (114 KB, 600x335) Image search: [Google]
9.11.png
114 KB, 600x335
>>76653338
Yes, it is a bit surprising how easily co-opted this symbol is. Just look at it. Some people already beat us to the punch, but this is still exploitable.
>>
How delusional do you need to be to think that a few shitposters on /pol/ can make a detectable amount of difference in the real world?
>>
File: b4f.jpg (24 KB, 600x451) Image search: [Google]
b4f.jpg
24 KB, 600x451
>>76653853
Ah, I knew this point would be brought up but I thought some of you already read the spiel so I didn't want to repeat myself. 4chan according to "official" estimates has over 28 million users per month. Moot, however, has said that this number is "bullshit" and that the visibility is much higher. Consider the fact that FOX, which is the most popular news channel, only averages 1.7 million at prime time and is one five days a week. /pol/ makes up about a third of 4chan and is growing exponentially. Therefore, believe it or not, this board has as much effective internet power as most major media, except we are more insidious.
>>
File: image_26.jpg (115 KB, 600x1037) Image search: [Google]
image_26.jpg
115 KB, 600x1037
Keep posting these threads. Step 2 is most important. Trump can appeal to blacks. We need to infiltrate blackpeopletwitter with memes exposing Hillary as a pandering racist who puts blacks in jail and calls them super predators.

She has said very racist things towards blacks already.
>POC time with Mayor Deblasio
>Carries hot sauce with her everywhere
>>
File: airstrike.jpg (917 KB, 1610x4557) Image search: [Google]
airstrike.jpg
917 KB, 1610x4557
>>76653853
>How delusional do you need to be to think that a few shitposters on /pol/ can make a detectable amount of difference in the real world?
Pic related, that time pol determined the gps co-ordinates for an airstrike on terrorist training kebab camp outpost
>>
bumping for relevance and importance. pls somebody bring something to the table here
>>
>>76655158

And? This is about numbers, not detective work.

15 committed teenagers (and I'm being generous with that guess) won't fry the brains of millions with memes.
>>
File: 1463050022877.png (368 KB, 582x747) Image search: [Google]
1463050022877.png
368 KB, 582x747
>>76653853
What is meme magick?
>>
File: 1464999607039.png (94 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1464999607039.png
94 KB, 300x300
>>76652732
>hired a fucking mariachi band to play at her rally in east los angeles

Holy shit! How did I not see this? I found a video of it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpwFNFjL8SQ

I honestly can't believe how dumb her team is. I would suggest somebody please download this video and cut it up a little, and repost it on youtube. I'll share it then and we all can. It needs a better title because as it stands now, it's too linked to Donald through the "Crooked Hillary" bit which makes it easily disregarded by liberals.

I could really see this going viral. It was barely written about when it happened.
>>
>>76654829
Bretty gonvincing actually.

>>76655923
You only need a tiny minority to effect change. Same with revolutions, US Independence and Russia in 1917 didn't happen with 80% of the population being part of the rebels, they happened because a tiny, well-trained group got shit done.

Memetics is the same. Liberals have little momentum, we have a lot. A tiny minority can have an influence on the mainstream discourse, but you'd have to be a great persuader to be effective at that. Reading Scott Adams' Persuasion Reading List would be a prerequisite.
>>
I also forgot when she did this and twitter got really angry. This was for the anniversary of Rosa Parks.
>>
I am currently uploading a compilation video of Hillary pandering to different groups. It's not mine, it's actually from VidMax.com (???) and I can't get the watermark off, but it's very good and has little to no visibility on Youtube. I'll post it here when I upload it.
>>
File: 1453322112248.jpg (52 KB, 816x812) Image search: [Google]
1453322112248.jpg
52 KB, 816x812
Here it is, please share: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57_VOOWsXyc

And also bump. Please don't let this thread slide. REEEEEEEEE
>>
File: slavetime.jpg (40 KB, 529x312) Image search: [Google]
slavetime.jpg
40 KB, 529x312
>>76657262
Wow. There's so much material to work with.
>>
>>76654829
>4chan according to "official" estimates has over 28 million users per month. Moot, however, has said that this number is "bullshit" and that the visibility is much higher.

>Consider the fact that FOX, which is the most popular news channel, only averages 1.7 million at prime time and is one five days a week

Your stupidity hurts.

28 million monthly users is less than 1 million daily.

Reddit has over 3 million active users a day who are counted as ~250mil uniques per month and with those numbers the top posts very rarely exceed 10000 points(votes), maybe once a month or even rarer. With comments it's easier to hit 10-15k per post, but it's usually users talking and each commenting 5-20 times.

And they influence jackshit, Sanders campaign case in point.
>>
>>76660112
Sanders campaign had a lot of unprecedented success all things considered. If Reddit's influence got him that far, that's pretty remarkable.

Also, 4chan literally birthed internet culture even though it's apparently "so insignificant." I don't know why you're being this stupid. Probably because you're a newfag.
>>
>>76657262
Why's she gotta sit at the back of the H?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (338 KB, 2994x1655) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
338 KB, 2994x1655
Good year bump
>>
Bump up
>>
>>76660441
kek
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.