[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are Americans so afraid if asbestos anyway? I lived in a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 182
Thread images: 19
File: bestasbestos.jpg (81 KB, 1360x768) Image search: [Google]
bestasbestos.jpg
81 KB, 1360x768
Why are Americans so afraid if asbestos anyway?

I lived in a house with an asbestos roof and I'm ok.
>>
>>76612619

>Portugal

I don't believe you.
>>
Just don't eat it and you'll be fine. You wouldn't eat a table either.
>>
>>76612679
Are you being sarcastic?
>>
>>76612619
Living in a building with asbestos isn't really all that dangerous installing it is slightly more dangerous and of course having a bunch of stupid goyim hire you to sue other goyim on their behalf is very profitable so there's a whole industry built around suing companies that installed asbestos
>>
>>76612774
Actually ya fkn moose rooting cunt u can eat it and be a fit to fuck a kanga. Its breathing it that fucks u up
>>
>>76612619
Its another leftie union shill like climate change and smoking...Just another guilt trip anon.
>>
Are you retarded? There was a shitstorm here recently because the national library had a section built on asbestos and some public servant died of cancer
That shit is highly radioactive and its been proven that living around it is the same as being a heavy smoker
>>
>>76612619

My granddad used to work in the post office when he was a pretty young.

Problem is, they used to have something to do with asbestos in the post, I don't know the details exactly of what they were doing with the stuff in the post itself, but all I do know is that it was enough of a dose to cause asbestosis.

Died before I met him, but apparently the lung cancer was pretty gruesome shit.
>don't give me sympathy shit, we're heartless bastards here, and I wouldn't have it any other way

Just so long as you don't disturb the asbestos you should be alright, otherwise, prepare for a horrific death.
>>
It causes cancer and got banned in germary around 1993.

Its also banned in the EU since 2005 if I am not mistaking.
>>
>>76612619
Oh boy, it's my time to shine, my life's work has culminated in this moment.

I am an asbestos project manager, I got this shit on lockdown.

Asbestos is only dangerous when it gets in your lungs or you ingest it. Asbestos roofing, siding, pipes, tiles, glues, and shit like that will never pose a meaningful risk to anyone.

For what it was used for asbestos is still the best thing out there, except for maybe weird experimental composites or something. The main problem comes from the companies who produced and used asbestos actively hiding and suppressing the fact that it was dangerous, and from that lots of people being affected by quite horrible asbestos related diseases. If the dangers were acknowledged and mitigated, we'd still be using it, and it would still be better than any equivalent products on the market today.
>>
>>76613781
>>76613615
Its all fake it was not asbestos that caused their cancer.
>>
>Why are Americans so afraid if asbestos anyway?

It's only natural to be afrad of something that can kill you, silly green-red flag man
>>
Fixed asbestos is harmless. But once you start working with it, and particulates get freed, is when it gets dangerous. Don't bore holes in a wall insulated with asbestos!
>>
File: like-anuda-shoah.jpg (30 KB, 183x232) Image search: [Google]
like-anuda-shoah.jpg
30 KB, 183x232
>>76614105

W-what are you talking about goy

you aren't denying that 6 million died by asbestos poisoning are you?

thats antisemetic hatespeech you know

it's like anudda asbestoshoah
>>
>>76613522
>radioactive
You mean carcinogenic? It's a fucking mineral with no radioactive properties.
>>
>>76612619
I know two people who died of asbestos related mesothelioma. One worked with the shit all his life. The other had seemingly no contact with it. Fucking dreadful stuff even if you keep it wet or undisturbed or whatever.
>>
>>76614036

Riddle me this if you aren't supposed to consume asbestos, the why would you want it in your pipes does that make it no better than lead?
>>
>>76613259
Eating it's a bad idea, you can get stomach cancer or mesothelioma in the lining of the stomach as well as the lungs.

>>76613615
Asbestosis isn't cancer, that's mesothelioma. Asbestosis is the scarring of the lung tissue by asbestos fibers.

>>76613522
It's not radioactive.

>>76614324
In a pipe the asbestos is bound in a solid matrix and there's no real potential for it to get into the water.
>>
>>76614269
Naaah Its a UNION shill to get money from the asbestos companies the first prototype of legal warfare on industry same with the war on tobacco companies now coal etc etc
>>
>>76614421

O shit, I've been living my entire life thinking asbestosis was the cancer
>>
>>76614461
Well tobacco is garbage and you shouldn't be smoking that shit.

Inb4 chemical addiction apologists
>>
>>76614643
More people die from cancer for NO known reason than from asbestos or smoking
>>
>>76614324
>>76614421

Curious what pipes are made of asbestos (e.g. pipes for infrastructure and drinking water etc etc..) Whats stopping the pipe from leeching similarly to BPA plastic products, genuinely curious at this point as I've never heard of asbestos pipes (but iv'e heard of asbestos insulated pipes where it fits around them).
>>
File: bortion.gif (2 MB, 350x300) Image search: [Google]
bortion.gif
2 MB, 350x300
>>76614643

>he actually believes the addiction meme

there's no such thing, it's just will power and laziness.

like 'chocaholics' and that shit, it's all just 'feels good so I won't stop'

no willpower is a mental illness, don't blame the drug
>>
>>76612619
Only a dumb sand nigger like you would think it's okay to have a roof (do you mean insulation, you dumb shit?) made out of that shit.

Asbestos is fine...until it's agitated. Having it as a roof (again, you are retarded if it actually is your roof) it would get agitated by rain, hail, wind, etc.

But then again, Portugal is a dump and full of gypsies and sand niggers.
>>
>>76614704
I mean cancer with NO known attributing factor like smoking or asbestos...
>>
>>76612619
>>76614765
Asbestos is the BEST insulator thats why it was used extensivly until the leftwing radicals banned it thru scare campaigns.
>>
>>76612619
>Why are Americans so afraid if asbestos

Because you can't wrap asbestos in bacon and deep-fry it.
>>
>>76612619
Leftwing radicals will conjure up all sorts of statistics to take down anything they think will destroy the economy.
>>
It's only bad when it breaks down and gets airborn. Even then it takes exposure over time. Walking through a room full of crazy people sanding asbestos tiles wouldn't hurt you once or twice but every day for a year and you'll get all the bad stuff.
>>
>>76612619
OP when i worked as a registered agent we would get asbestos lawsuits literally every day.
If you're breathing in the fibers they are going to get you very sick.

That being said it is a very useful material just not safe for humans at all and all the suppression they did in the damage it does to people is really sad.
>>
>>76614775
There is a significant change in the brain which occurs only with addictive substances and behavior.

Addiction literally rewires your brain to where compulsion completely overtakes willpower.
>>
>>76614704
Yeah, that's always my point, the numbers of people who actually die because of asbestos exposure are negligible in the grand scheme of any metric.

>>76614765
They're asbestos cement pipes. Most of the siding and roofing with asbestos is the same thing, I've only seen the pipes in really old industrial buildings, and they weren't in use at those times, but the old maintenance guys told me they were just drain pipes.

>>76614923
That is 100% true

>>76614822
Asbestos cement roofing and siding was really common for a long time. Asbestos is very resilient actually, so it was perfect for it. I've seen 80 year old asbestos roofs still effectively pristine.
>>
>>76615140
>literally rewires your brain

/pol/ science lmao
>>
>>76614255
Yup, most people are so retarded when it comes to asbestos, they seem to think having it anywhere near them is deadly or something. Shit is only dangerous when it's aggravated and the fibers become airborne
>>
>>76612619
Asbestos fibers can be inhaled into your lungs where they stay. The problem is that they dont break down and cause small amounts of long term damage to your lungs by physically penetrating the tissues.

This draws inflammatory cells to the lungs where their action over time increases the risk of cancer.
>>
>>76615233
>Asbestos fibers can be inhaled into your lungs

As opposed to being inhaled into your vagina?
>>
>>76614765
Asbestos isnt chemically dangerous. It physically damages tissues. Drinking it might be fine. Iv only ever heard of it causing damage to lungs but you can find out and let me know.
>>
>>76615140

>rewires brain
>overtakes willpower

oh I see, it's like"""'brainwashing""""

sure mate, whatever you say.
>>
>>76615276
As opposed to being inhaled into other parts of your vascular system or being inhaled and then swallowed.

Iv noticed Germans are getting dumber and dumber. Are you a turk?
>>
File: 1457126940970.jpg (182 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
1457126940970.jpg
182 KB, 1024x1024
>>76614775
chemical dependency doesn't exist
>>
>>76615224
Go welcome some refugees, you neutered kraut faggot.

>>76615226
People are retarded. I don't trust most people with something like that because they'll do something stupid.

>>76614775
You're retarded. Addiction is not just will power. Of course some dumb shit nanny stater has a lot of room to talk. You can't even buy butterknives without a background check and licensing. Then you have a full 300 pound safe that secures your super dangerous silverware.
>>
>>76615385
>inhaled and then swallowed.

"i have an esophagus in my lungs! HALP"

lmao
>>
>>76615397
People drop dead from alcohol withdrawal. Happened to me a few times.
>>
>>76615401
>62% white
>mad af

Pick two :^)
>>
>>76615337
I guess school's out for the UK as well, huh? Welp, I'm gonna get off 4chan for a couple months until school starts up and the kids are back wasting my tax dollars doing nothing and emulating niggers.
>>
>>76615466
Quiet down retard. You dont sound sharp. You sound ignorant.
>>
>>76615311
Yeah, asbestos is chemically inert. It's very rare, but you can get mesothelioma in the lining of the stomach as well as the lungs.
>>
>>76615397
>>76615401
>>76615530

>'addicted' smokering alcoholics detected

"i-i-it's not my fault, it's society :(("

You lazy fucks will never commit to anything
>>
>>76615542
>You sound ignorant.

...says the potatonigger who thinks the stomach is located in the lungs

lmao
>>
>>76615503
Your leader welcomes in rapists and dirty shitskin muzzies and you think I'm mad or jealous? I laugh at your faggotry. They bring any of those animals into my area here in Texas and we'll unleash the pigs on them and then take potshots for fun.
>>
Asbestos is only dangerous when it's getting made,cut or prepared.
I think it's only carcinogenic when it's inhaled as dust.
>>
File: black on white rape.png (42 KB, 622x208) Image search: [Google]
black on white rape.png
42 KB, 622x208
>>76615651
>rapists

Rape indeed. Triggered? :^)
>>
>>76615711
>Asbestos is only dangerous when it's getting made,cut or prepared.

That makes asbestos safer to eat than British cuisine :^)
>>
>>76615581
Funny, recovering alcoholic right here. Haven't had a drink in 5 years. It's not just willpower, dumb ass. Once you understand how an addictive personality/brain works you can take the right steps to prevent it.

You're literally the modern day equivalent of people who thought taking a vaccine would turn them into cows. By that I mean you're retarded. Now go report to the usual refugee welcoming party and welcome all those savages into your country so they can destroy it.
>>
Why dont we start construction company in Germany and start constructing houses for migrants with lot of faulty asbestos.

We get to profit and kill some rapefugees while we outjew the jews
>>
>>76615780

>recovering alcoholic here

you mean the person who actually believes in the 'addiction' meme was 'addicted'?

shocking, who could have seen that one coming
>>
>>76615780
>Haven't had a drink in 5 years.

low-test lmao
>>
>>76612619
Enjoy your carcinoma and mesothelioma.
>>
"Hey guise, I haven't had a drink in 5 years but I'm still fun at parties even though I never get invited to one! Rock on, you guise!!"

lmao
>>
>>76615957
Enjoy being shot
>>
>>76615959
I am convinced you are a poo skin. You havnt said anything funny in about 20 posts.
>>
Two honest questions:
Asbestos is only dangerous when its dust gets to the lungs. How would you demolish a building made of asbestos safely? What happens if the building gets damaged in any way?
>>
>>76616048
>I am convinced

Oh look he's convinced!

Stand back, everyone, conviction coming through!

lmao
>>
File: germanamericanengineering.jpg (1 MB, 2000x848) Image search: [Google]
germanamericanengineering.jpg
1 MB, 2000x848
>>76616063
>How would you demolish a building made of asbestos safely?

Ask Americans, they have prior experience :^)
>>
>>76616063
You demolish the building slowly and hose it with water during the process to minimize dust. Adjacent buildings cover their windows with plastic sheeting.

The risk can only be minimized.
>>
>>76616166
That was exactly what I was thinking of. :^)
>>
>>76612619
Pro tip son , you are not Ok . Go get them lungs checked .
>>
>>76616179
>with water

lmao how fucking beta is that, why don't you hose it down with warm milk and serve cookies while you're at it

lmao
>>
>>76615904
I know we killed off all the tough germans and took all your scientists so I'll slowly explain this to you, refugee lover.

Booze actually hurts testosterone production. Alcohol is literally a poison. If you drink moderately (1 a day for woman, 2 for man) then it can be alright. But most people who drink go beyond that level.

>>76615888
Uh, are you retarded or is independent thinking illegal in the UK like everything else? Are you also an anti-vaxxer or a homeopathy believer? You seem that retarded. Let me guess, you don't believe in a link between smoking and lung cancer either.
>>
>>76616166
Kek
What if that was the reason for 9/11?
>>
>>76612619
t asbestos internet defence force
>>
>>76613259
This abbo knows what's up . By the way , who let an ape get access to a pc ?
>>
>>76616063
The asbestos is removed before the building is demolished. In the US there are a set of laws dictating how asbestos has to removed from schools at a federal level, and then states have their own regulations for industrial, commercial, and residential.

It generally involves what's called a containment, which is plastic sheeting built around what's being removed and negative air machines, which pull air through the containment and filter it during removal. A lot of water is used during removal to limit the asbestos that gets in the air. The waste is disposed of in sealed containers.
>>
>>76616322
>we killed off all the tough germans
>Alcohol is literally a poison

The cognitive dissonance is REAL!!!!

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>76616322

benzopyrene from cigarettes binds to p53 preventing the cell DNA from being checked for errors, hence significantly increasing risk of mutagenic interactions causing cancer

the MMR vaccine can cause regressive autism post-natally in some young children, it's been proven

>american education
>>
>>76615959
You know you can still enjoy yourself without drinking because there's things like oh I don't know...weed? I enjoy shit more because I can remember it and the night doesn't end with me getting into a fight or some retarded shit. You sound like a kid who thinks the only way to party is getting shitfaced. Enjoy it while you can, when the muzzies take over and impose Sharia law in Germany, no more alcohol for you.

>>76616166
Funny, you're the faggots welcoming them in with open arms. We launched two wars and killed a fuckload of those shit skin monkeys.

>>76616104
He's right, you have yet to be funny. I know Germans are unfunny shits but damn, you are making this really sad. Now be quiet before I report you to the local gestapo office where the cultural marxists that run your country will take you to not be aggressive and if that doesn't work they'll castrate you.

Meanwhile, I'm going to enjoy a nice steak, shoot a few guns at the range, and burn a koran.

You mad, refugee lover?
>>
>>76616179
>>76616413
Sounds like a pain in the ass that could be avoided if you ask me.
I'd rather fund research into materials with similar properties that aren't as dangerous and avoid using it for the time being. Or are the dangers inherent to the properties we want from Asbestos?
>>
>>76616737
>You know you can still enjoy yourself without drinking

holy crap he sounds just like my mom!!!

lmao
>>
File: Jack Nicholson Laugh.gif (2 MB, 415x323) Image search: [Google]
Jack Nicholson Laugh.gif
2 MB, 415x323
>>76615479
>>
I was expecting a Mexican flag
>>
>>76616767
No one builds with asbestos anymore. They thought it was safe because it was chemically inert but it is its physical properties that are dangerous to humans.
>>
>>76616654
Oh boy, we have a retard here. Every study done on vaccines shows the autism rate is the same for vaccinated and non-vaccinated children. You get a hold of some old Lancet issues or something?

>>76616610
It is a literal poison, retard. How do you think you get drunk? It's an acute poisoning that your liver works to remove. I'm not saying no one should drink. I just can't do it because I'm wired to abuse it. Like Dirty Harry said, "A good man knows his limitations."

You sound like you're 12 at most. Any idiot can drink booze. I probably would have drank your skinny ass under the table and then proceed to drink enough beer to kill a moose. It's not a really hard thing to do. It's just really really stupid when you get to that level.

Maybe one day when you actually have a drink you'll see it's really not a big deal. Or hopefully you're retarded and you drink wood alcohol and do the world a favor and die.
>>
>>76616774
Well I know German women are very manly but she also told you to clean your room. Just because it's summer doesn't mean you can't keep it spotless. What happens when your nana comes over with cookies and tells you how handsome you are? She'll be disappointed if your room isn't clean, junior!
>>
>>76615479
I've seen people have seizures from going cold turkey. Luckily I wasn't a physical addict. Those people with DT's and seizures are scary as fuck. Heroin withdrawal can't kill you but alcohol withdrawal can. Hence why at hospitals when detoxing hardcore alcoholics they slowly wean them off booze by controlling the amount they get.
>>
>>76616848
I know, but I was wondering if it's really as bad as people make it to be. They make it sound worse than sleeping with a rod of radioactive uranium under your pillow every night.
It seems like living in an asbestos building would be mostly fine if you're cautious to not damage it, which is not exactly good, but it isn't as bad as they say either.

The question still stands though, is any asbestos-like material (for the purposes it was being used) going to be similarly dangerous?
>>
>>76617064

>every study done

autism is a somewhat sizeable in the population, and vaccine induced autism is small compared to all autism

it would be invisible within the margin of error for these false studies
>>
ill assume u live in a shitskin country where you have been instructed that lead pipes are super safe,asbestos is good for you and ddt is acceptable to use in your garden.You use banned chems us companies sell u cuz ur not smart enough to have laws against carcinogens or threats to human life.
asbestos is semi safe when embedded in sibstrates like shingles or siding slates.the problem is old pipe wraps and insulation but asbestos was used in insulation materials up until 1992 so even modern houses have it.Problem with asbestos is when it is disturbed and loose.It floats into the air and is inhaled creating scar tissue in your lungs when the long crystals embed in the tissue.cancer ensues shortly after.So friable asbestos bad.embedded asbestos not so bad,just dont remove it yourself or drill it.
Biggest issue is old houses being renovated the entire floors and attic are demolished with absolutely no cautionary precautions.since demo is now done by illegal immigrants with no haz mat remediation training ,they are putting entire neighborhoods at risk.asbestos can be carried for miles by wind -dust with wings.
another reason to hate illegal immigrants.
>>
>>76613522
the cancer is caused by the microshards in asbestos, itll fuck up your lungs but it is NOT radioactive

Nigger you do realize all cancer isnt just caused by radioactive isotopes
>>
>>76612619
Once its down its fine, its been banned here in the UK because too many people were getting asbestosis when it came to redeveloping properties with asbestos in them. When disturbing it without proper equipment, builders were getting deadly doses of asbestos particulates. So in the interest of preventing this, future developments using asbestos have been outlawed. It does the job but it is proper nasty stuff if you breathe it in.
>>
>>76617561
Even if your retarded assertion is true. It's better to have autism than the measles or rubella.

You realize that autism is more prevalent because we're better at diagnosing it, right?

Please cite a credible double-blind study that shows a link to Autism and vaccination. Because the one that kicked this nonsense off was refuted and the British doctor is now living here in Austin, Texas where a group of retards believes his nonsense.
>>
>>76617930

i never said i was against vaccines

I just think that people should make an informed choice when they get vaccinated

>typical pro-vaxxer argument
>>
>>76618051
Sure, they should see what happens when you don't get vaccinated. Like how you can be crippled, blind, or die. But at least they don't have the imaginary risk of autism, right?

Man I swear you europeans are getting dumber and dumber by the minute. You and the underage kraut (who finally left to go annoy his big brother or whatever 12 year olds do in that country) have said possibly the dumbest shit I've seen in a long time on /pol/.
>>
>>76612619
Asbestos is ok aslong as you don't move it around.

It doesn't fuck up the people living in it (unless you punch the shit out of your ceiling or something) but it does fuck up the workers who tear it down or replace it eventually.
>>
>>76617871
THIS
>>
>>76618362
the shit is mined from deep in the earth, the only way it can directly affect you is by breathing in its dust

this usually happens when extracting it from the earth, installing it, it going into disrepair or it being removed
>>
>>76618215

Are you even reading my posts?

I just said that people should get vaccinated, but be able to make an informed decision when they do, they should know the risks
>>
>>76617871
Also, the most danger with asbestos is when handling it. If asbestos breaks those micro-particles fly through the air and if you breath them in, they'll damage your lungs. Companies removing asbestos from buildings wet it first, so that the micro-particles dont get thrown into the air.
>>
>>76617182
Noice :^)
>>
>>76618308
I've built several houses with asbestos, never fucked with me
>>
>>76618822
>I've built several houses with asbestos

lmao Frankenswede
>>
>>76612619
In that case can you fix my damaged asbestos garage roof?
>>
>>76612619
Did you break the sheets and inhale
>>
>>76618572
Of what? Autism? Again, you have yet to cite a credible study that shows vaccines cause autism. The risks of not getting vaccinated are way worse than any of these imaginary risks you are bringing up. You should look up polio and small pox and other diseases and see what they do to people. Only in this day and age where we have it so good can someone like you spout off retarded shit about vaccines.

>>76618791
Isn't it past your bed time, kid? Oh wait, schools also out in Germany, huh?
>>
File: 1452917786775.jpg (46 KB, 451x392) Image search: [Google]
1452917786775.jpg
46 KB, 451x392
>>76612619

>Portuguese intellectuals
>>
>>76619039
lmao granny is maaaaaaad
>>
>>76619055
I know right? They try to pretend they're not in some third world shithole.
>>
>>76618822
Did you wear a good mask? I'm not talking one of those flimsy shitty cloth masks, I'm talking an actual mask.
Also, did you put them in whole without ever breaking anything apart?

If no to both you cut your lifespan in half
>>
>>76618822
" There is also a long latency period (the time taken between harmful contact and emergence of the actual resulting illness) of about 12 to 20 years, and potentially up to 40 years." - RIP Swedebro

>>76619039

This is the third time in a row, I swear you're not even reading my posts

Let me make it abundantly clear this time:
>I am not saying people should not get vaccinated
>I think people should get vaccinated
>I think people deserve to know the risks associated with not getting vaccinated, and with receiving the vaccine, as to make an informed decision

Also, you're the one stating that vaccines are completely safe, so the burden of proof is upon you.
>>
>>76612619

imagine tiny microscopic razors inside your lungs... they cut/scar your lungs and you have hardship in breathing, if taken extremea mount you just die because you cannot breath (actually you breath, but your lung cannot take oxygen anymore, you just suck air aimlessly). if low amount, it scars your lungs and increases cancer risk.

Highest risk is removing asbestos.
But in Russia asbestos is still produced and used widely.
>>
>>76619169
>implying they won't have mechanical lungs in the future
>>
>>76619421
there is mechanical lungs already.
you are like a dindu nuffin my friend...
>>
>>76612619
please die you fucking inbred retard
>>
>>76619421
Depending on how far back he built asbestos and how often he did it, it doesn't really matter what we'll have in the future for him

It also doesn't only fuck up your lungs, it sits in there and gives you turbocancer
>>
>>76618308
no if you have pipe wraps that are old and walk by it you can render it friable-airbourne-
if you have any questions on whether u have asbestos in your house do not touch or disturb it.let it be and call a licensed bonded and insured asbestos remediator.This shit is NOT something u can pay pedro 20$ to do.he will end up killing you your wige and kids in the process.
>>
Ban assault asbestos
>>
>>76619296
I have read it. What you are saying is retarded. Vaccines work if everyone is getting them. So when one retarded monkey refuses because another retarded monkey like you says "Durr, you could get da autism from it" then we have a problem.

You were clear several times. You just have asserted something so dumb and unnecessary that I vote you get gelded so we don't run the small risk of you reproducing. Congrats, you're a poster boy for eugenics.

I thought schools in England had a reputation of being very good. You bring great shame on them.

>>76619141
Because you didn't clean your room? You are going to get grounded. Quick Klaus, get it clean before your mom says you can't go and welcome the new batch of refugees with Merkel!
>>
>>76612619
hell be fine
>>
>>76619694
>I have read it. What you are saying is retarded. Vaccines work if everyone is getting them. So when one retarded monkey refuses because another retarded monkey like you says "Durr, you could get da autism from it" then we have a problem.

>what is herd immunity

dude you're the retard
>>
There are asbestos water pipes. Weird huh
>>
I live in a house with asbestos in the back foundation wall, am i fugged?
>>
criaste esta discussão depois de teres visto isto na fox há 3 horas?
>>
>>76612619
Its 9000% deadlier if you smoke tobacco.
>>
>Why are Americans so afraid if asbestos anyway?
Because it's highly carcinogenic ?
>>
>>76618822
>>76615189
You guys just made me realize that I've been fucking with asbestos the last three days. I found a stack behind our cabin covered by dirt and decided to remove it. I've been smashing them and stacking the broken pieces without mask. Has this been potentially dangerous? Or is it over long term exposure?
>>
>>76619402
>stating
figures.were not that much better we still use it in embedded products but has been banned in friable products since 1992.Cheap over human lives.there are plenty of non harmful alternatives but dont use them because asby is so cheap.
>>
>>76612779
>Roof
No.
>>
>>76619694

Why do we have a problem when someone doesn't want to risk getting autism?

If everyone else is vaccinated, then nobody else is going to get infected, are they?

Everyone who is vaccinated (assuming it's effective) will be safe, won't they?

What is your argument?
>>
>>76612619
It causes lung cancer. Personally don't think any Americans have an out right fear of it; just knowledge it can cause lung cancer.
>>
>>76620033
RIP you stupid idiot
>>
File: 1465375406855.png (238 KB, 400x350) Image search: [Google]
1465375406855.png
238 KB, 400x350
>>76619874
Lmao ya
>>
File: TypicalAussiePervert.jpg (22 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
TypicalAussiePervert.jpg
22 KB, 300x300
>>76619774
No no, I actually understand that wasting tax payers money telling people of a non-existent risk and scaring dumb people away from being vaccinated so we can avoid things like smallpox, polio, rubella, whooping cough, measles, and other shit that killed our ancestors in droves is a bad idea.

You just made me write a run-on sentence. I hope you're happy.

Now don't you have some sheep to bugger? I hear you fags use vegemite to lube that sweet lamb chop pussy.
>>
File: 1461952959111.jpg (134 KB, 899x1327) Image search: [Google]
1461952959111.jpg
134 KB, 899x1327
Seems like a lot of confusion in hurr.

Asbestos is a frangible substance used for fire retardation and insulation.

If it gets into a particle state and is inhaled, it stays in your lungs and cuts it to shreds causing mesothelioma and tons of other issues.

If you find asbestos, leave it alone.

You can safely remove asbestos in a negative pressure environment in a clean suit after wetting it down thoroughly.

Costs about $2000 to get a team out there to remove it.

Generally, just leave it alone, asbestos is safe as long as it stays intact.

What gets people sometimes is the asbestos floor tiles they made in the 1970s lol
>>
>>76620033
If it was asbestos cement, then you're fine. You'd literally have to grind those to dust mechanically to release fibers.
>>
>>76620198
You watched a report on it on Fox three hours ago?
>>
>>76620033
Yes it's dangerous, now you have abestos dust stuck in your lungs. Be careful not doing stupid shit like that.
>>
>>76620079
oh theres a general knowledge here that u dont fuck with it but average homeowner wouldnt know if it flew up into their lungs and game them silicosis/lung cancer.
most famous stories have been in canada of untrained demo workers that died within two years of their exposure.
>>
>>76620219

>No no, I actually understand [poorly constructed sentence explaining that you don't understand]
>>
>>76620033

>potentially dangerous

You should probably go to a hospital.

There's nothing they can do for you, except maybe give you a life expectancy if you're lucky

Prepare to die a horrific death of pneumonia due to fluid accumulating in your lungs due to cancer.

" There is also a long latency period (the time taken between harmful contact and emergence of the actual resulting illness) of about 12 to 20 years, and potentially up to 40 years."

you were exposed to a fuck-ton, so I'd probably guess the lower end of the 12 years.

If you're 18 now, then you'll die at 30.

Did you enjoy life?
I sure hope you made the most of it while it lasted.
>>
File: trump-autism_ez48zh (1).png (68 KB, 797x456) Image search: [Google]
trump-autism_ez48zh (1).png
68 KB, 797x456
>>76620219
>telling people of a non-existent risk and scaring dumb people away from being vaccinated

Why are you anti-Trump?
>>
>>76620060
kek
>>
File: super simple stuff.gif (138 KB, 537x732) Image search: [Google]
super simple stuff.gif
138 KB, 537x732
>>76620066
>>
>>76620219

Are you retarded?

just because you don't accept it doesn't make it untrue
>>
>>76620243
>>76620322

Looks just like these ones, from a hundred year old cabin. I dont need more shit in my lungs as I cut MDF almost daily and 3d print with ABS in a shitty ventilated room. I guess I deserve lung cancer.
>>
>>76620463

Thank you

at least a few people around here has some brains
>>
>>76620383
Man I know you Aussies are the descendants of British convicts and the Irish (don't know which is worst...probably Irish) but try to follow.

Vaccines work as a collective means. It doesn't make you impervious to said diseases, just highly resistant. When one retarded monkey (or Aussie since they're the same thing) decides not to get vaccinated, he puts the whole community at risk. They can still carry the disease even if they don't get ill. Ever heard of Typhoid Mary?

Now I know I might be going a little too fast for your primitive bogan mind but let me break it down for you. Don't sleep in the street, abbo.
>>
>>76620480
eh you'll probably get turbocancer in a decade or two
>>
>>76620234
yeah but the tiles are embedded fibers alot safer.
for old pipe wraps there are newer and cheaper ways like in place foaming to encapsulate it.mostly used with old pipe wraps but can work for insulation.
>>
>>76620555
>collective means.

lmao spoken like a commie cuck

"praise the collective!!!"
>>
>>76620407
Sorry kid, but I don't see an MD by Donald's name. While I do enjoy how he's trolling the republicans and insulting Hilary, the guy isn't a doctor. He's a joke here in the states. This whole election has been.

>>76620466
Says the retard who believes vaccines cause autism somehow. You have yet to cite a study that shows this link. Meanwhile the Danes did a study on 600k kids and found Autism rates were the same for both kids who were vaccinated and those who weren't.

I'm sorry you were dropped on head by your drunk nanny while she screeched at something like the way all British women do with those god awful teeth, but vaccines save lives.
>>
>>76620219
>non-existent risk
The autism thing is BS but allergies are a rare but significant risk.
>>
File: 1461047323575.jpg (31 KB, 386x232) Image search: [Google]
1461047323575.jpg
31 KB, 386x232
>>76620555

Again, showing your lack of understanding of herd immunity, which was what I called you out on

You're not doing yourself any favors
>>
>>76620770
>While I do enjoy how he's trolling the republicans and insulting Hilary, the guy isn't a doctor. He's a joke here in the state

What do you mean, you don't think he's gonna be president?
>>
>>76620480
use a mask for everything.everything.
the chems in wood like pt are insane and there are warnings in the us on all bags of grout,cement,thin set and basically anything that produces dust warning of silicosis.Its same thing coal miners got back in the day.black lung is silicosis.
>>
File: highfive.gif (3 MB, 483x272) Image search: [Google]
highfive.gif
3 MB, 483x272
>>76620622
>>
>>76620790
Alright that I can understand. The brit dipshit was talking about autism from being vaccinated. Allergies are a completely different beast but they have tests for those.

>>76620805
Again, showing that Aussies truly are the dumbest in the commonwealth of the british empire. Now go fuck a sheep, faggot.
>>
>>76620480
Sounds like you need to buy a fucking mask mate. Also were you smashing them up outside or inside? If outside and you weren't stood directly over it whilst smashing it up, then you're probably all right, don't do it again.

If it was indoors or a covered area, then you've probably lost a few years. In either instance, get to the doc's.
>>
>>76620836
He probably will, but he's still a joke. Bush was president and a joke too. But hey, at least we didn't have Gore or Kerry as president. That would have been worse.
>>
File: free shrugs.png (499 KB, 449x642) Image search: [Google]
free shrugs.png
499 KB, 449x642
>>76620961

You cited smallpox as an example which was wiped out via herd immunity not total immunity, you're basically retarded m8 but you've thrown enough ad hominem at me that I guess you win right?
>>
>>76620480
>>76620968
>>76620907
Asbestos wasn't used in construction 100 years ago.
>>
>>76621087
I win because I'm an American and we own you faggots. The last relevant thing you niggers have done is give us Mel Gibson. A drunk, violent, anti-semitic who has a boner for being tortured in his movies.

Thanks, we'll let you have Tom Cruise.
>>
>>76620968
Outside luckily. Most broke when I threw them over the fence. I have a gas mask I'll use the next time I move them. Not sure what I should do with them now. If I dig a deep hole and bury it, will the earth be contaminated somehow? I don't want to put them in my car and I live very far away from any recycling station.
>>
>>76612619
The type used for tiles is not dangerous. I know that much. Ask your local trade/contractor for confirmation you impractical faglet.
>>
>>76621100
The cabin is 100 years old, asbestos was probably added at a later point.
>>
>>76621247

m8 you've got 21 posts in this thread and given that the 4 or so posts you've made in response to me have all been basically you being completely wrong and "lololol australians r fags xD" I'd say you've lost more than this argument
>>
>>76613522
>shit is highly radioactive
Hahaha where do people make this up?
>>
>>76621285
And gutters and stuff. As long as you don't grind it to dust and snort it like coke you should be fine.
>>
>>76621381
Australians are fags. I saw Road Warrior. You guys ride around on bikes and have gay leather parties.
>>
>>76620480
is that eternit? pretty popular for roofing back in the day, I think it was used for the fire safety benefits and the fact that the fibers reinforce it similarly to reinforced concrete but I can't say for sure
>>
>>76621538
australians are the manliest of the anglos, haven't you even seen brokeback mountain?
>>
>>76621741
Yes, and I only jerked it 3 times while wathcing it. THat makes me the straightest man in America.
>>
>>76621255
If its a small amount then yes, just bury it somewhere out in the woods. If its a large pile though I would get someone to come pick it up.
You can't take it to normal landfill or recycling plants, it needs to be disposed of properly.

Whenever we found small amounts of it on site working on houses, we used to throw it into the footings then pour the concrete over it.
>>
I like penis too :^)
>>
>>76621639
Looks like it.

>>76621962
Thanks. I didn't know /pol/ was so /diy/
>>
>>76622009
Of course you do. Europeans are fag-fags.
>>
>>76622257
/pol/ is everything you need it to be: friend, lover, guide
>>
>>76622339
I'm not a fag, I just like penis :^)
>>
>>76613522

My country has gone to the dogs.

There was a popular roofing product that used asbestos, you should be safe as long as you don't eat the roof tiles or drink the water runoff from the roof.

However, you're at serious risk when removing the roof tiles themselves
>>
File: JIDF.jpg (455 KB, 900x993) Image search: [Google]
JIDF.jpg
455 KB, 900x993
>>76612619
This thread is evidence that JIDF and others successfully infiltrated this board.

FFS, when was the last time you saw a redpill thread?! When I started lurking /pol/ a couple of years ago, there were always at least ten different daily redpill threads helping the goyim learn about the Jews, the Synagogue of Satan, Zionism, globalists, White genocide, Frankfurt School, cultural Marxism, communism, black crime, race & IQ, etc.

/pol/ has been infiltrated and we're losing...this thread is one more example!
>>
Guys you really dont know that there is at least 2 types of "asbestos" one is highly dangerous other isnt so much
>>
File: 108.jpg (16 KB, 198x178) Image search: [Google]
108.jpg
16 KB, 198x178
>>76624313
An Abestos is an Abestos, it can't be just half-dangerous.
Thread replies: 182
Thread images: 19

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.