[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thoughts on Jon Stewart?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 7
What do you think of Jon Stewart /pol/?
>>
When the time is right, I would love to personally shove him in the oven myself.
>>
Objectively inferior to Colbert.
>>
>>76555784
>le ebin satire kike
>>
>>76555784

Was funny once but he broke over time. He used to hit the liberals as well. He hit it big with the bush years.

The gone now though way too much muh feels.
>>
>>76555784
((()))
>>
File: 1463503849500.gif (996 KB, 500x400) Image search: [Google]
1463503849500.gif
996 KB, 500x400
First one in the oven.
>>
>>76555784
Passionate, but ideologically blinded to his own prejudices. He helped create the atmosphere of partisanship and hostility we see in the youth.
>>
>>76556977
Yeah..

Jon Stewart used to be hilarious.

But every political pundit (ignoring Steve Carrell) to come out of his show since has been a disaster, and Trevar Noah singlehandedly killed a good show.
>>
He's nothing short of a genius
>>
>>76557067
He was a good debater and actually made arguments, unlike Oliver, Bee, Wilmore, and all the other assholes that came out of there.
>>
>>76555784

Cuck, just below Louis CK and Michael Moore on the celebrity cuck hierachy
>>
wow lol... all the racists saying Trevor Noah killed TDS just because hes black... just wow lol
>>
A shit talking faggot who pretends to be a political commentator.

He makes dumb jokes to attack people he doesn't like without any facts or logic.
When he is attacked he does the same to defend himself.

He has a team of 50 people all writing for him to make him seem more clever than his opponents when they are standing alone with their own facts and opinions.

A typical jewish coward and liar.
>>
>>76555784
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6eNjw62a14

Vid related shows how Stewart's entire show was completely devoid of wit and substance, and basically relied not on arguments, but groupthink that Stewart himself would suggest to his audience.

> People said this thing
> That thing elicits disgust in Stewart
> Audience reacts with disgust
> Homeviewer would internalize what the target said as bad
> Liberals talk about the latest Daily Show the next day over the proverbial water cooler
> Wash, rinse, repeat

On top of that he deceptively edited most correspondent interviews in order to make interviewees seem stupid, which they usually were hand picked by the production team to be for a given opposing argument.

He always made it out to be like he was showing up cable news by "speaking truth to power," but he ended up being worse than them, because at least CNN crossfire had to fair representations of both sides.
>>
Just a guy whos popular because he makes liberals feel smug superior and good about themselves compared to conservatives. He def has talent though because that nigger Noah doesn't even come close to replicating Stewart.
>>
File: 1434867000271.jpg (22 KB, 285x271) Image search: [Google]
1434867000271.jpg
22 KB, 285x271
REALLY makes me think especially his comedic commentary on unscrupulous sensationalist media. Something you cannot figure out with common sense
>>
>>76557995
god damn I fucking hate Jews
>>
>>76557140
Eh stewart wasn't funny, George Bush was.
>>
File: 1445628588087.jpg (2 MB, 2993x4122) Image search: [Google]
1445628588087.jpg
2 MB, 2993x4122
>>76557439
Can you not even right now?
>>
>>76558350
Isn't that the guy who's only joke in his routine is "hurr durr white people are evil"
>>
File: ackchyually.jpg (60 KB, 640x649) Image search: [Google]
ackchyually.jpg
60 KB, 640x649
>>76555784
/pol/ would call him a filthy liberal, I'd say he's more of a centrist. I've always had a lot of respect for him, because although I disagree with him a lot I'm pretty sure he was operating in good faith. I'm of the opinion that as long as people keep the betterment of the country in their minds over partisan politics, we'll come out all right.

He hit conservatives a lot harder than liberals toward the end, but he's got a history of going after both, and honestly the Republican party these days is a lot easier to make fun of. (But that's another discussion.)

Whatever you may think of him I think he blows any of his correspondents with spinoffs out of the water. John Oliver doesn't even try to hide that he's a liberal crusader. That black guy in Colbert's old spot is terrible. Trevor Noah threw any pretense of centrism out of the Daily Show, and watching a foreigner make fun of our politics doesn't sit well with me. (present company on this board excepted)

Anyway that's my two cents. I liked him.
>>
>>76557140
Started watching him at 12. Steve Carell, Colbert, Ed Helms, Rob Cordry.... legends. Hilarious, biting humor, made fun of GW Bush and Fox News in a non-arrogant, genuinely funny way.

Then the SJWs took over. First Sam Bee, then a token muslim, and token black. The writers clearly became overtaken too with SJW's and non-funny leftists.

Show went to shit. Went from not missing an episode to not tuning in once the last 3 years he was on. Didnt bother watching his last show.
>>
>>76555784
He wasn't even funny

Do any of you remember watching the Daily Show and not even laughing?

Do liberals have the worst sense of humor of all people?
>>
>>76555784

Globalist manipulative Jew that hitler warned you about
>>
(((Leibowitz)))
>>
Right I'm feeling somewhat disappointed in so far as I was expecting "half serious political conversation". As of yet the group has either been far less serious than that, or actually more closely adhears to juvenille tribalistic philosophies than my ability to detect sarcasm would lead me to believe.
>>
>>76555784
Why are there so many liberal sjw jews on "comedy" talk shows? Also why are there so many unfunny jews in "comedy" in general?
>>
>>76555784

Respectable and honest newscaster/comedian.
>>
>>76555784

Standard smug liberal hypocrite worshipped by smug hypocrite liberal millenials. Will occasionally read something faintly amusing that's been written for him by more talented people who are too ugly to put in front of a camera.
>>
>>76558837

Every comedian now a days
>>
>>76559391

Blue pilled

He's a fucking Jew who changed his name to whitey name and gunned Christians all day and manipulated interviews and data for leftist agenda

When he changed his name he had no idea of the Internet and how it would eventually get out that he's a fucking kike in disguise
>>
>>76555784
filthy kike. liberal peon.
>>
File: 1465175322654.jpg (32 KB, 326x351) Image search: [Google]
1465175322654.jpg
32 KB, 326x351
>>76555784

I don't know who this "John Stewart" is you refer too.

The guy in the pic, John LabinoWitz is a rat jew propagandist though
>>
>>76555784
> "republicans are so stupid xD"
That's literally all he's ever done
>>
His show was great for a long time but started to decline in the 2010s. During his last years the show really tanked.
>>
>>76555784
John Leibowitz?

Should be gassed.
>>
>>76555784
His hearts in a good place but his liberal values boil down to " I don't want bad things to happen so anything that allows bad things to happen is bad "

Not the most freedom loving person in the world, but he does seem to care
>>
>>76559391
Totally agree with this anon. Trevor Noah is too blatantly liberal while Stewart was much more subtle about it.
>>
>>76559546
mostly this. The show was a powerhouse in its day, and produced many other greats.
It's good that in the aftermath, even though there's no central house with as much talent, at least there isn't as much backlash against political satire (outside of twitter and colleges I guess).
Agreed that Oliver and Wilmore are too SJW, though they still have their moments.
>>
MAKE JOHN LIEBOWITZ AGAIN!!!
>>
>>76560512
Go back to stormfront. This man attacked the most ridiculous elements of the Republican Party, and if you think that reflects on your views it's your own fault.

Without him caricaturing the GOP, I'd probably have never tried to find logical conservatism, and I'd probably be a smug liberal right now.
>>
>>76555784
Is there anything less moral than someone who steps over a dead baby in the road so that he can cry about his pet cat losing a toy?
The selective morality of leftists is truly psychopathic, and Leibowitz (whose greatest interview was crucifying Jim Cramer, so that people would not associate Jews with just one side of the Wall Street craziness ... and whose brother runs Wall Street) thrived on that selective outrage.
>>
>>76555784
>Stewart
You mean Leibowitz?
>>
>>76562328
Doesn't change the fact he failed to mention his brother during the occupy wallstreet coverage, or whenever he railed on about wall street. I agree he's funny but a hypocrite for sure.
>>
>>76555784

who is this elder statesman
>>
>>76555784
oven ready
>>
File: image.jpg (42 KB, 255x255) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
42 KB, 255x255
>>76555784

I remember watching him years ago, back in highschool, and thinking he was funny while making fun of politicians or other happenings at the time. Fast forward to a few months before he quit, I tune in to see a screeching old man railing about politics replace my former favorite satirist. Yes, he's always been an unabashed lefty jew, but somehow he lost his mojo over the years while Colbert actually improved on his. It's honestly a shame, I kinda miss the old Daily Show and Colbert Report.
>>
>>76557250
You're partly right. He is certainly short.
>>
>>76556870
>Objectively inferior to Colbert.

except interviews and in general- serious topics (but Colbert wasn't really covering them) . Colbert was interrupting a lot and trying to be a clown without a reason. I want their guests to speak. Jon's interviews were GREAT.

Miss ya Jon!
>>
>>76555784
Has-been
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.