[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Paul to Trump?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 107
Thread images: 10
File: paul.jpg (9 KB, 300x192) Image search: [Google]
paul.jpg
9 KB, 300x192
I dont understand /pol/'s logic at all. /pol/ went from supporting Ron Paul, a free market, civil liberty, anti war candidate, to trump. Trump doesnt believe in the free market or in personal liberty. While he is not racist he is a statist cuck.
How did pol change in under 5 years?
>>
>>76554783

It's Obama's fault
>>
>>76554783
Both have the same attitude towards illegals and the border.

Ron Paul is a classical libertarian, the kind that's against open borders, as opposed to modern libertarians.

Almost nothing else meshes between them but keeping millions of brown people out of the country is what this board is focused on, and what they're fundamentally both for
>>
>>76554783
As a hard core Ron Paul supporter I think it has something to do with his antiestablishment stance, but I would honestly vote for Sanders over Trump if given the option.. doesn't sound exactly Libertarian, but that's how I feel

I know /pol/ wouldn't agree, but they're mostly newfags so I couldn't give a shit
>>
Definitely Obama
>>
If Paul had won, we wouldn't need Trump.
>>
Trump supports free market plenty between the states.
He's only against a free labour market (because that's the one that matters in the end). All the sanctions he suggests are in response to companies dicking over the workers.
Trump is anti-war. This is known. War isn't typically beneficial, so no war unless it is.
Personal liberty... yeah. That's the big difference.
>>
Libertarians will naturally progress to more authoritarian world views when they take a look at the world and realise people suck and need guidance. See: le not an argument man.
>>
File: 1453428377143.jpg (56 KB, 556x841) Image search: [Google]
1453428377143.jpg
56 KB, 556x841
desperate times call for desperate measures
>>
>>76554783
Trump is being supported for cultural reasons, not based on policy. Culture dictates policy, and if we lose there, we lose everything.
>>
>>76554783
Trump is what we need not what we want.
>>
>>76554783
I liked Ron Paul, I still like Ron Paul. I wouldn't like him as president though. Libertarianism is a self destructive ideology.
>>
File: image.png (186 KB, 449x380) Image search: [Google]
image.png
186 KB, 449x380
Because he was there, who else could we have gone for? Bernie Sanders?
>>
>claims he'll bring back manufacturing to the US
>claims he'll get rid of illegal immigrants
>will cut my low-to-no skilled ass's taxes to zero
>not a biblethumper

Good enough for me. Fuck Ron Paul he ain't even running anyway.
>>
>>76555407
>but that's how I feel
>how I feel
>feel

And that is the problem.
>>
>>76554783
The level of political correctness in the West has increased dramatically in recent years and is now at unbearable levels. Trump has identified this, and shown that he alone knows how to destroy it before it destroys us. It turns out that the power of the Trumpening is a necessary first step toward any Great Uncuckening of the white race. The fact that we did not realize this only shows how much Trump is needed at this point in time.
>>
>>76557004
this.
>>
>>76554783
How isn't Trump a free-market supporter?
>>
>>76554783
trump is about the only candidate that will cause a shift on putting pressure on Universities to instill intellectual diversity.

Liberals are turning them into indoctrination centers. Where conservative students are literally undergoing rehabilitation and reeducation for wrong think.

The future health of our country is dependent on Universities staying academic. Not ideological focused.
>>
>>76555902
Bingo.

Most of us grew out of libertarianism.
It's essentially anarchy for rich people.
>>
>>76554783
the lolbertarians here grew up
>>
>>76554783
When /pol/ was a free market of ideas, we supported Ron.

Now that it has enforced opinions like every other board, we support the meme candidate.

Its really that simple.
>>
Only libertarians cucks liked paul.
>>
>>76554783
First and foremost, we are anti establishment. Everything else comes second.
>>
File: 1445720629196.png (619 KB, 504x864) Image search: [Google]
1445720629196.png
619 KB, 504x864
>>76554783
I was never a lolbertarian. I have never subscribed to the idea that government enables the rich and powerful to be corrupt, because I know that whether it be through government or though PMCs it would be the same in the end.
>>
>>76554783

/pol are a bunch of circle jerking anti-establishment neckbeards. They don't know anything about economics, policy, world events, and they don't need to. They just react to the world as they see it in the moment. Stimulus - Reaction

Also, most of them have a cuck fetish because it's the only time they'd see a woman naked IRL.
>>
>>76554783
Most of the Trump supporters are refugees from Reddit when Chairman Pao started cracking down on the edgier subreddits last year.
>>
>>76559438
Nice proxy fag, why exactly should I not believe that you posted both of these?
>>76559381
>>
>>76556483
he fell for the "muh self destructive ideology" meme
>>
>>76559564
Because who the hell would want a proxy based out of Bermuda?
>>
>>76559764
For the (you)'s, of course.
>>
>>76554783
/pol/ consists mainly of retards who actually have no real opinions on anything. Their political ideology scores in centrist authoritarian range. The libertarians still exist on here. They're just drowned out by the hitlerfaggots
>>
>>76559764
why the fuck wouldn't they?
>>
Trump is an authoritarian populist, and that's the most accurate way to describe it.
>>
>>76559849
libertarian/minarchist here
>>
>>76555407
>Ron Paul supporter
>voting for a self confessed socalist
Nice bait
>>
>>76559849
http://www.ontheissues.org/TX/Ron_Paul_Immigration.htm we're not hypocrites Ron was a nationalist candidate.
>>
>>76559835
Nah then you'd have to go after the ? flag.
>>
>>76560092
This is exactly my point. These retards literally don't know what they believe in. It's rather sad
>>
>>76559564

No, I'm actually in Bermuda. It's a rainy night so not ideal to go to the beach.

You just hate that I can afford a $700 a night hotel room and think you're an ignorant idiot to be supporting Trump when in reality it's impossible to support Trump if you have even the foggiest concept of the greater world outside what you read on your little corner of the Internet.
>>
File: chewy.png (1 MB, 1266x530) Image search: [Google]
chewy.png
1 MB, 1266x530
>>76555902
He's right. Plus the world, particularly America and her problems, have changed a great deal in the last 4 years. Immigration was practically a non-issue last election cycle and this year it's a huge deal. Why? Because people are seeing their communities change rapidly. Minorities, crime, violence, and drugs are becoming major problems in middle-class, historically white suburbs.

Libertarianism as a vehicle for delivering the people's political will, has NO realistic solutions for any of these problems. Immigration? Let everyone in, you should be able to compete against them and win, right? Drugs? Let companies sell heroine and high schoolers will die less.

Most people see libertarianism as a good response to the overgrowth of government, which was a very hot topic 4 years ago. Now people have other things to worry about.
>>
About a year or two ago, /pol/ was kill... For the second time. When it came back, reddit flooded the board and made this cesspool that is 2015-2016 /pol/. Also brought a lot of summer fags

Tl;dr what's dead needs to stay dead
>>
>>76560247
Many right-leaning libertarians, myself included, believe we have to maintain borders. Doesn't necessarily make one whatever brand of nationalism you're trying to push here
>>
>>76560542
yea but what do you think we should do? Vote for an open borders Libertarian like Johnson? Trump is obviously our best option even though I do still love Ron Paul.
>>
File: 1455362368459.jpg (484 KB, 800x1019) Image search: [Google]
1455362368459.jpg
484 KB, 800x1019
>>76554783
>I dont understand /pol/'s logic at all.
well don't let the door hit you on the way out faggot kike/shabbas goy cuck

and don't come back
>>
>>76560353
>thinks I support trump because I called him out on his proxy fagging

Please refrain from diluting the quality of discussion on this board.
>>
File: 1455454738139.jpg (88 KB, 720x757) Image search: [Google]
1455454738139.jpg
88 KB, 720x757
>>76559945
>populist
wow, doing what the people want is bad now

kek, what a fucking retarded faggot
>>
>>76554783
Freedom is gay. Fuck muriniggers.
>>
>>76560767
Yes, vote johnson even if you're in a swing state. I'm confident trump will win by a large margin, which is great, but the masses need to be exposed to the ideology. In my opinion, that's more important
>>
>>76560519
We were against the Iraq war because fucking everyone knew it would create a giant clusterfuck and it was an enormous waste of American lives and treasure. Trump likewise is against pointless interventionism.

Also the moment I lost respect for Ron Paul was when a veteran got murdered and he tweeted "live by the sword, die by the sword." What a smug piece of shit. Can't endorse Trump, but happily endorsed Romney.
>>
>>76555711

>caring about civil/personal liberty

Sure is reddit in here.
>>
>>76560991
>populist
do you even realize what populist means?
its a GOOD thing
I dont hate him
>>
>>76554783
It was because romney was an establishment cuck you stupid bitch
>>
>>76561144
then we appear to be on the same page and I withdraw my insult good sir

it's just that populist is usually used as an insult
>>
>>76556646
Rand
>>
>>76554783
Pol gave up
>>
>>76561488
My man. I wish more agreed with us, but like my earlier statement, /pol/ doesn't really know wtf they want.
>>
>>76561014
what no I live in PA and almost every girl I know if voting for Hillary. She cannot become president.
>>
>>76559999
UNDERRATED
>>
>>76561660
I promise you it won't happen. All this worry about Hillary needs to stop. She couldn't have run a shittier campaign if she tried. Watch PA turn red this year, and I am predicting this will happen
>>
>>76561833
Ey, I see you m8. Keep fighting the good fight
>>
>>76554783
>did /pol/ change?

How is it possible to remain a newfag for five years?
>>
>>76554783
Trump enforces tariffs to make the American people build factories again. Because once Paul's happening comes and the dollar will lose all it's value, it will be hard to bounce back without any production.
It's similar to the minimum wage paradox. Everyone knows that a minimum wage destroys low paying jobs and hurts the poor since not everyone's work is worth the minimum wage. But, the businesses can't fire their employees at once and restructure their business by managing or outsourcing. It takes time to come up with a new plan of how to manage a store with 3 instead of 4 workers and it takes time to build a factory. The businesses have to lose some money in order to keep their brand or name established until they can find a way to safe money. And the people now getting paid higher will buy things really fast, leading to a high velocity. People think the economy benefited. It didn't. Prices will go up after 2 or 3 months. In a year or maybe 18 months the businesses will have their new plan and enforce it, now people will lose their jobs and have to start all over again. Prices go down slowly, since the businesses want to make the money they had to invest previously. Effectively a minimum wage hurts the poor long term, but works short term. McDonalds won't have their automatic system ready the first moment Bernie enters the office, but in a matter of 2 years McDonalds would go from 420k employees to 200k.

Trump is expecting the Crash in the next few years. China is already buying up the gold reserves because they know their keynesian policies will fuck them pretty soon, so they will make a new currency based on gold.
>>
I still remember the good ol' days when we all were supporting Rand "the man with a plan to free the land" Paul
>>
>>76562154
He quit the race exceedingly early. I literally got my lifelong, card-carrying liberal mother (known woman) to register republican in anticipation of voting for him in our blue state.

I can only think he was bribed or blackmailed out of the race, but either way it makes him an illegitimate candidate going forward. Really sad too, if he had the balls of his father he would have stood a chance.
>>
>>76562154
Rand is literally the best politician we have. But sadly the "manlet xd" memes are more important to /pol/
>>
>>76561066
>not caring about the like 3rd most important thing.
Authoritaticunt
>>
>>76555902
So let them die. Then only children who dont need direction will thrive.
>>
>>76562353
He's trying a different, more pandering approach than the one his father took. It's necessary if you actually want to influence change and push libertarian ideals
>>
>>76562572
But the problem is that they won't due. They will continue to be a drag and a stain on civilisation, ending with it's destruction.
>>
>>76557004
>cutting low skilled taxes to near zero.
[citation needed]
>>
>>76563023
I'm assuming he's talking about tax brackets and low skill being low earning would put them in the lowest bracket.
>>
File: trump_constitution.jpg (369 KB, 620x412) Image search: [Google]
trump_constitution.jpg
369 KB, 620x412
>>76554783
Because they're jackbooted facsists willing to burn the constituion if it lets Trump fuck over the jew run media, drive out the browns, and keep out the muslimes.

Trump constantly says he'll take actions that will shit on the constitional limits of government, executive power, and especially the first amendment

/pol/ never cared about constitutional freedom, it always was just about the hate, and if you thought otherwise, then the "Ironic joke" was on you all these years.
>>
>>76562598
I don't think he'll do better than his father if he drops out of races lmao. Also pandering is not the correct decision in this political climate. If people think you are willing to compromise on ideals they will just assume you are an Obama/Bush 2.0 depending on their political alignment and choose the candidate with the most radical position on policies they agree with.

Like I said, I sold my blue-pilled mom on Rand and she has voted democrat every election of her life since turning 18. It was a mistake for him to drop out.

I don't know that we were even given a proper excuse either? Is there any information on what possessed him to give up before the elections had really even begun?
>>
>>76554783
Trump has balls Paul got walked all over. hopefully Big boss puts him to work
>>
>>76563560
He lost Iowa badly, a state his father actually won (look it up) last time around. A state he was expected to do very well in. He had no path after that.
>>
ron paul hates queers and loves raw milk. /pol/ loves queers (milo) and hates pasteurization. Not sure why they ever liked him.
>>
>>76564530
>he had no path after that

Baseless claim if I ever heard one. Why the fuck would anybody treat Iowa as important when it is consistently not predictive of success in the primaries?

I personally don't buy it, and I think he got out for other reasons. If it was money I can understand, but at the very least he should have said so rather than pretending he really put effort into this race.
>>
>>76563301
the constitution doesnt guarantee any one who isnt a citizen shit

did you know up until last year people who were not citizens couldnt buy guns in america. the second amendment didnt extend to non citizens. some beaner supreme court judge pulled a "muh pepls" faggot speech and they now allow people who cannot be given a proper back ground check fire arms.

illegals typically use a assumed name they could have a record in mexico. that would be a red flag. did you know the shooters in cali got guns from a beaner neighbor? now you do

deporting people as per federal law dictates illegals should be isn't anti constitution also
>>
>>76564816
>Why the fuck would anybody treat Iowa as important when it is consistently not predictive of success in the primaries?

Typically you're right, except when it comes to the Pauls. That was his father's strongest state by far, and it should (and would) have been Rand's as well. Maybe he could have done better in Kentucky. But when the candidates lose big in states they should win, they drop out. Jeb dropped out after getting crushed in South Carolina. Rubio dropped out after getting beaten in Florida. etc.
>>
File: bullshit.jpg (22 KB, 276x320) Image search: [Google]
bullshit.jpg
22 KB, 276x320
>>76563301
Name one thing he wants to do that is unconstitutional.
>>
>>76565102

The First Amendment prohibits the government from establishing a preference for religion, for or against one.

Donald Trump wants to use the government to ban an entire religion from entering the country.

If you don't see the conflict, you are as shitty at knowing the Constitution as Donny is.
>>
>>76565102
>We hold these truths to be self-evident: that all men are created equal; that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights; that among these are life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.

Cmon breh.

>>76565306
Perhaps, just saying that he was acting on bad advice if he quit over the easily gameable Iowa, and it diminishes his chance of capturing voters who are currently jumping the fence from their traditional affiliations. I would have liked to see a Paul stand a chance, but since he goofed his first outing this badly I expect him to become a niche meme candidate like his father was made to be.
>>
>>76563560
Kek. Very wrong. Think long term young fag. Ron ran as an old fuck. Rand is going to be in politics for a while. Get ready for him to run every election cycle until death
>>
>>76565311
He wants to fuck up the constitional freedoms of the press via gutting NYT v Sullivan so that the government can more easily sue to silence journalists via "opening up the libel laws"
>>
>>76556483
This. Ramzpaul even said that in theory libertarianism is a good ideology. However, in reality it will fail mainly because not everybody will follow the Non-Aggressive principle. Also, a lot of Libertarians support open boarders and have no problems with immigration from 3rd world shithole nations. These non-white immigrants will most of the time vote in a hard leftwing government that gives them free shit. This is a main reason why I ditched the Libertarian movement. It enables the left. They have no concept of how ethnicity identity is what makes a nation strong.
>>
>>76556483
Being this new
>>
>>76565588
Yeah that's my point. He needed to slug out this election cycle regardless of whether he was going to win it or not. If people think their time and energy will be wasted on a guy who is willing to capitulate early they will not invest either in future candidacies.

The one thing Ron did right was never give up, and it allowed him to accrue support over time. Rand could have benefited from that if he maintained the same follow-through, building off the support his father gathered. Now he is at square 1.
>>
>>76554783
Things were a lot different then in politics

So are we
>>
>>76565527
>easily gameable Iowa
That's the truth. I can't stand the Iowa caucus. Starts everything out so shadily. Every 4 years we're all reminded how corrupt and stupid our electoral system is by Iowa.

But Rand was probably acting on knowledge that applied to more... traditional election cycles. The rule of thumb is that there are "3 tickets out of Iowa". Rand came in 5th so in a typical election the rest drop out. This time there were 7 or 8 tickets out of Iowa because everyone was in denial about Trump's popularity. They were waiting for his support to crash so that they could be the next guy up. That's kind of how the 2012 republican primary went.
>>
File: Gary-Ron-2012.jpg (27 KB, 390x285) Image search: [Google]
Gary-Ron-2012.jpg
27 KB, 390x285
>>76554783
The RNC played dirty last time. Trump is their karma. Do not worry, padawan, The revolution is coming.
>>
>>76565616
Name one good journalist and I'll show you a lie they published as truth

You're wrong too, btw.
>>
>all these replies
>not a single coherent point
>mostly memes and shitposts
I guess you got your answer, OP.
>>
>>76566237
>he didn't read the thread
You aren't helping your case
>>
>>76566488
Point out a single valid point in the thread or return to redit with the rest of your shitposting Trump pals, nigger.
>>
>>76554783

Fascism is the natural consequence of Libertarianism. See what happened after the 1920 depression was allowed to happen, Mussolini's march on rome.
>>
>>76566224
Hunter S. Thompson

:^)
>>
>>76555902
This happened to me. I still stick with some aspects of libertarianism but do see the need for authority.
>>
>>76554783
Well this place is not what it was 5 years ago.
Userbase is likely much younger, trump is the meme president. After that pepe tweet, this place didnt have a chance.
>>
>>76555595
I was a big Paul fan and still am. But I support Trump out of spite for how the GOPe and media treated Paul when he ran.
>>
>>76567966
This 100%. Like on a local level I feel like democracy is viable, because if your rep isn't doing his job, you can go down and express your dis-pleasures face to face. But on a high level, there needs to be a strong power that concerns itself with the security and glory of the nation.
>>
>>76554783
>WE WUZ LIBERTARIANS
>>
>>76554783
MAGA
>>
>>76558530
http://www.businessinsider.com/donald-trump-45-tariff-chinese-imports-china-2016-1
>>
>>76560247
i agree on immigration he just doesnt support free market or personal liberty.
>>
>people can't grow up
Come on now.
>>
>>76556189
This. It's hard for many people to understand, but the people who are voting for Trump aren't voting FOR Trump. They're voting for the culture that Trump wants to preserve, and reinvigorate. There's a culture war in the US right now, and it comes down to paleoconservativism vs globalism (or probably more precisely neoglobalism). And, unlike much of Europe, the US is very, very proud of itself and its accomplishments, and many schools still have a nationalist stance to teaching. Starting each morning with a pledge to the country, whitewashing anything that could be perceived as wrongdoing by the US, etc.. etc... So it comes down to two groups. The "we love America, fuck you guys!" group and the "everything should be the same across the entire world" group.

I know which side I'm on.
Thread replies: 107
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.