[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do you believe in God???
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 206
Thread images: 27
File: richarddawkins1.jpg (51 KB, 453x453) Image search: [Google]
richarddawkins1.jpg
51 KB, 453x453
Why do you believe in God???
>>
>>76520492
>"God" being used as a term for a single being

Japan please,
>>
>>76520492

Kek speaks to me.
>>
>>76520492
>Trying to make Dawkins out as a cuntbag atheist rather than a reasonable skeptic.

It's like you people don't even really understand the guy's point.
>>
>believing in magical being
>implying sorcery wouldn't be real if God is real
>>
>>76520492
I'm open to the possibility but Untill any evidence is brought forward I'm not going to waste my time going to church.

Plus, morality can be taught through logic
>>
>>76520492

I'ts the only way.

It's the only possible truth we can grasp. To have faith.

All other exercises of reason, logic and figuring things out are just proxies we use to deal with life.

Faith is the only way.
>>
>>76520492

when is your nigger ass getting shipped off base you drunk rape monkey?
>>
>>76520718
I love how the New Atheists are "cucks" according to /pol/ despite being some of the only mainstream critics of Islam, meanwhile the Pope is out licking Muslim feat and Churches everywhere are welcoming rapefugees with open arms.
>>
>>76520850
how do you get morality through logic?
>>
>>76520718
But Dawkins IS an asshole. Well, an apologetic one anyway, which also makes him a cuck. He's not the hero atheism deserves or needs.
Religious people deserve to be mocked and persecuted because stupidity isn't painful and they need to suffer.
>>
>>76520981
maybe you could try using your brains every now and then? Common sense?
>>
>>76520981
Nobody on /pol/ is going to give you a good answer on that, I suggest you go read some Philosophy.
>>
>>76520981
>punching myself in the face hurts
>punching someone else in the face would cause them to expierence the same pain
>>
File: False Reality.jpg (156 KB, 1096x729) Image search: [Google]
False Reality.jpg
156 KB, 1096x729
>>76520492
because reality and science are just depressing.
>>
>>76520889
>faith

might as well be an atheist, faggot. If you don't have the experience you're just as lost.
>>
>>76521156
So? Why is causing others pain bad?
>>
>>76521156
Who cares about other people?
>>
>>76520492
why not
>>
Because liberals dont
>>
>>76521064
Maybe you could try answering the question.

You could try and argue there's some baseline morality, but there isn't. Think murder is 'bad'? Okay, explain both why its bad from a purely logical standpoint and define murder in purely logical terms.

Other people will come after you? Not always, that's purely culture based, and your's is informed by Christian ethics that place value on all human life for divine reasons. Go to any hood, or even fucking China and they will watch you bleed out on the street if they don't personally know you. Your life means fucking nothing to them.

The mast majority of cultures throughout history are based on the idea that if you aren't kin, you aren't shit.
>>
>>76521064
>>76521156
not based on logic
>>
>>76521001
>They need to suffer.
>Mocked and persecuted.
That doesn't sound like the sort of thing a decent human being would say.
>>
File: 1411851766320.jpg (50 KB, 314x438) Image search: [Google]
1411851766320.jpg
50 KB, 314x438
>>76521414
tl;dr
>>
>>76521554
>He says on the board that regularly says that about Blacks, Gays, Jews and anyone who disagrees with them
>>
>>76521615
The fucktard wanting others to use their brain once in awhile can't read 4 lines?

I'm shocked.
>>
File: u8DlPAX.png (192 KB, 480x466) Image search: [Google]
u8DlPAX.png
192 KB, 480x466
>>76520981
Do negative things to people = more likely chance negative things will happen to you.

Do positive things to people = more likely chance positive things will happen to you.

Just continue the biological paradigm we are under and shut up.
>>
>>76521001
You sound really butthurt.
Are you trying to rebel against your religious daddy?
>>
>>76520492
yes I believe in God but I do not believe in religion. church and religion are a scams and 99% of the people who say they are religious and go to church dont follow their own religion's teachings anyway. go to church on Sunday sin Monday thru Saturday. I fucking hate these type of people.
>>
>>76521301
You wouldn't want someone to hit you in the face so why would you hit them?

I thought /pol/ read Ancient Greek and Roman philosophy
>>
>>76521340
Not being able to see the world through another person's perspective is the mark of a fucking moron
>>
>>76520492
Believing in god as something that created everything around us is completely acceptable.

Believing in some man-made book while denying the hundreds of others, without any proof whatsoever, based on feels,muh ancestry and muh environment is a pure brainwashed sheep tier.
>>
File: wave-9.jpg (346 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
wave-9.jpg
346 KB, 1920x1200
>>76520492

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yBhMNo50fNs
>>
>>76521807
That's still not based on logic. By "basing morality on logic" I mean basing morality on reasoning alone. You have not provided any reason why doing negative things to other people is inherently bad. Instead, you just said that by doing it, bad things will happen to me, so I'd be better of by not doing it. This means that if you were absolutely sure nothing bad would happen, it would be ok to kill, rape, rob, etc. Thus, by reading what you wrote I only know that you have preferences for certain outcomes over others to happen to you and you do realize that also applies to other people. None of this is based on reasoning alone.
>>
>>76521961
This
I have my own view on faith
I perceive anything beyond human that enables our existence as a benevolent form of god.
>>
>>76521634
Oh believe me, I understand the irony.

But trying to shout about atheists being some sort of ubermensch choice in life while behaving no better than the people you shout down isn't the best way to impress.
>>
>>76521807
>believes in karma
>does good for people in hopes good comes back to him

Literally scum. Fucking kill yourself you godless swill.
>>
>>76521807
I beat the shit out of everyone and demand they all give me what they own, and stamp out all chances of rebellion. I've just done a terrible thing and the chances of bad things happening to me has gone down drastically.

Your logic doesn't work and you have no moral absolutes, so "shut up" and pray for forgiveness.
>>
>>76522008
So I can get what I want from them, or better yet stamp out the possibility of them hitting me altogether.
The logical conclusion of using force to get what you want is animalistic, ingrained in us, and without divinely revealed morality it is not quelled. Look at criminal uneducated niggers for example, who chimpout in response to everything.
>>
File: 1456549330846.png (49 KB, 261x212) Image search: [Google]
1456549330846.png
49 KB, 261x212
>>76522946
>I beat the shit out of everyone and demand they all give me what they own, and stamp out all chances of rebellion. I've just done a terrible thing and the chances of bad things happening to me has gone down drastically.

[unsheathes katana]
[teleports behind]
*swish*
>psht nothin personnel kid
>>
>>76522638
You're telling us that anything we cant explain in this moment in time is an indication that it was constructed or made by God?

You realize for most of our existence we had no scientific foundation for essentially anything and acclaimed to God as you do now?

Over the centuries we've slowly chipped away at the mysteries of the natural world and filled in the gaps of the scientific log.

The conclusion being that theres a rational and scientific explanation for everything - even if we havnt determined it yet.
>>
File: Cinder_ProfilePic_Young.png (444 KB, 540x1080) Image search: [Google]
Cinder_ProfilePic_Young.png
444 KB, 540x1080
>>76520492
because i am god
>>
File: image.jpg (61 KB, 720x439) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
61 KB, 720x439
Is he redpilled?
>>
>>76523784
Agreeing with him on this point is not being red pilled but simply not being retarded
>>
>>76523360
Yeah, the Godless and immoral sure are edgy faggots

>>76523784
>Attacks Christianity borderline exclusively, the one important religion that won't retaliate
>Redpilled
Degenerate pussy.
>>
>>76520492
because God is real.
>>
>>76524416
Prove it.
>>
File: nice sun.gif (653 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
nice sun.gif
653 KB, 500x500
>>76523500
>You're telling us that anything we cant explain in this moment in time is an indication that it was constructed or made by God?
No, "God" is not an enity to me, it is a force we can not control, like the sun, or the universe, it enables us passively to exists and analyse

>You realize for most of our existence we had no scientific foundation for essentially anything and acclaimed to God as you do now?
Yes, I see the universe and for example the sun and eath as "Gods" for without it being there we did not exists, however it doesn't mean that we should start doing backwards shit, or make them manlike.

>Over the centuries we've slowly chipped away at the mysteries of the natural world and filled in the gaps of the scientific log.
Yes and this is good.

>The conclusion being that theres a rational and scientific explanation for everything - even if we havnt determined it yet.
Yes.

I see the universe as an reality enabler, which could be argued as god like to me.
>>
>>76524249

yet you continue to spout retarded shyte
>>
>>76520492
I don't
>believing in a jewish religion
>>
>>76523784
no he is edgy faggot
>>
>>76520492

Michio Kaku said there's an intelligence behind the universe, what that is I'm unsure of, but I believe that implies that hypothetically science may have found god, so, yay god. I just hope god is a really cool and nice whatever.
>>
>>76524524
>No, "God" is not an enity to me, it is a force we can not control, like the sun, or the universe, it enables us passively to exists and analyse

Alright, abit strange but I can see your angle, although Im not sure I could classify those forces as Gods.
>>
>>76520492
How can you have unalienable right if you your country does not believe in God?
>>
File: 326654960_6d5266124e.jpg (162 KB, 500x457) Image search: [Google]
326654960_6d5266124e.jpg
162 KB, 500x457
>>76524709
>>
>>76524740

define intelligence
>>
>>76524774
I'm an atheist, but this is actually a good point
>>
>>76520492
Because I acknowledge the fact that there are greater and more powerful forces in the universe than humans. Because I choose to believe.
>>
>>76524517
Only science requires proof even then its hypocritical.
>>
Because I believe in myself.
>>
>>76521001

>Fedorafags whine about muh persectution
>Want to persecute others

No matter the religion or lack there of, jews don't change do they?
>>
File: 1463011416885.jpg (21 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
1463011416885.jpg
21 KB, 320x320
>>76525318
What? Any claim requires proof. The only thing that's hypocritical is that you don't think its important for religious claims and is for scientific ones.

And before you go ranting off about faith, faith is a system of belief, not a method of verification.

>>76525459
Dirty solipsist detected.
>>
>>76520492
Which God are you asking about?
>>
>>76525698
Faith is required for science too. Score 1 for science hyperbole. I don't need to prove the existence of God, it simply is.
>>
>>76525698

The thing is do to the nature of religion you will hardly ever have arguments based on physical proof, do to nature but also the fact that religions are millennia old.

What is left is logic. One can also be pragmatic and simply say religion is superior to the lack of it do to the results it brings.

Though if you want to talk about psychical proof there are a few artifacts like the Shroud of Turin.

Which if I am not mistaken has been dated to roughly the time of Christ.
>>
>>76524753
I can understand the confusing part of the term usage of god, but then again we only interpretated said forces as humans to begin with, so I use it as to pay respect to our "gods"

I sill pray to "God" as in, that I refer to it as the Lord of Lords(Gods of Gods, that which enables the enablers etc.) And pray to it for guidance and and help, and better life through work and hardship.
I also mention jesus as Lord of men, but only because I believe if a all wise being would take form of the flesh of man, that it would be like Jesus.

Thus I disregard any evidence of his existence as reason to pray of him, more the possibility of man having such a benevolent force take human form and do good and teach the lesser men to better themselves.
>>
>>76526221

>Shroud of Turin

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hnXD6FRZtn0
>>
Where did all this "you need [insert religion here] for morality" nonsense come from? It is not, and never was about being a better person. At least not Chirstianty.
>>
File: images.jpg (10 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
10 KB, 275x183
>>76526221
Shroud of Turin is a proven fabrication. The only physical evidence is provides is that JC actually existed, which non of us actually doubt.

The question is whether he was divine or not. There is no physical evidence that suggests that, unless you count the bible of course...

>>76526485
You dont concern yourself with his existence or divinity - you just want to follow his ideals?

Admirable. Seems to me you had those ideals or could have had them even if you didnt hear about Jesus. Like other well adjusted people.

I get it, I honestly do. Religion can inspire you live a more harmonious life, but it doesnt base itself on truth.

And the truth is important.
>>
>>76526900

>Is a proven fabrication

Source please?

>there is no physical evidence that he was devine or not

Let's say he was devine, what would be left over from his miracles after 2 millennia?
>>
>>76524709
gtfo achmed
>>
>>76526900
Yes, I agree with you.

Faith in fact holds the definition is to believe in something without facts or proof, I understand that science has the definition of Finding truth through evidence.

I also don't tell people about what I believe in, I think others should be allowed to freely believe what they believe in, except when it's degenerate than I hate them, and wish for them to change, but I also pray in a manner that is more of requesting that my request might be heard and dealt with as the Lord so intends to, I also understand that nothing speaks to me back, but I do always get chills. I pray in a manner understanding that I can only asked to be heard, but not always get what I asked for, or the way I asked it.
>>
>>76527203
The cloth itself isnt a recent fabrication, just its claim that it covered JC.

Its carbon dating linked it to the 13th and 14th centuries, and no pope has even commented as to its authenticity.

>Let's say he was devine, what would be left over from his miracles after 2 millennia?

Thats actually a good question. Maybe he can show us himself? Or maybe we can compare it to other contemporary miracles caught on home video. Or have they just suddenly stopped happening?

>>76527537
>I also don't tell people about what I believe in, I think others should be allowed to freely believe what they believe in, except when it's degenerate

Ya, but what do you determine as degenerate? You might understand why that could be a point of contention? Especially with the rise of ISIS

>I pray in a manner understanding that I can only asked to be heard, but not always get what I asked for, or the way I asked it.

If it gives you comfort who am I to stop you. The problem is when you think your prayers actually matter. Thats when religion could start influencing your decisions.
>>
>>76520492
Yes. There is only one God and Christ Jesus is His Lamb.
>>
>>76528048
>The problem is when you think your prayers actually matter.
Of course they matter, they matter to me.
>Thats when religion could start influencing your decisions.
Religion does not influence me, my faith does, I only pray when I feel the need to, I may be subservant to that I refer to as god, but I also understand that I need not to sacrifice animals or pray daily to it. But as far as it goes it does lend itself more for comfort than understanding stuff like how science does.

>Ya, but what do you determine as degenerate? You might understand why that could be a point of contention? Especially with the rise of ISIS
Shit like Isis.

People who start enforicing their "Gods" unto other humans in order to be dominant over them.
>>
>>76528048

>Thats actually a good question. Maybe he can show us himself? Or maybe we can compare it to other contemporary miracles caught on home video. Or have they just suddenly stopped happening?

Well if he came back again, then there would be no point.

As for contemporary miracles and such. I don't really recall any major miracle ever happening in our times.

As for if they stopped happening, I would say miracles if they spawned the religion during the time of Christ, are no longer needed as they happened to prove that Christ was the son of god.

Not like it matters much to me, Christianity is ingrained in the culture of my people, without it it would certainly not exist, so for better or worse I must keep to the faith.
>>
File: image.png (750 KB, 650x900) Image search: [Google]
image.png
750 KB, 650x900
>>76520492
I don't
>>
>>76520954
See >>76528780
>>
>>76528256
[c.n.]

Moslems say the same thing about theirs.
>>
>>76524941
http://blog.godreports.com/2016/06/noted-physicist-says-string-theory-suggests-were-all-living-in-gods-matrix/
>>
>>76528780

>How atheists deal with muslims
>pic shows a Hind
>A Russian Attack Helo used by either Russian troops or some Kebab regime
>Whom are highly likely to be religious and in the Russian case christian

That's a shitty pic you leaf.
>>
>>76528780

How atheists actually deal with muslims.
>>
>>76529190
How do you know these are atheists?
>>
>>76529291

Western nations have a increasing atheist population.

It's quite likely some of the people there are atheist, or at the very least non religious.
>>
>>76529004
They were Soviets. They were probably atheist and even if they were not, they wouldn't have been killing kébabs if it wasn't for their atheist leaders
>>
>>76529291

well, no god loving human being would allow a bunch of child raping pedophile moon worshippers into their country willingly let alone welcome them, and if they are christians then they're not anymore by my declaration, as I am now the archpope because the pope cannot actually be the pope because he is a muslim kowtowing piece of shit.
>>
File: sweating karl.jpg (19 KB, 285x274) Image search: [Google]
sweating karl.jpg
19 KB, 285x274
>tfw wasn't raised religious so don't have all these weird hangups about disappointing your parents, policing every thought you have and feeling guilty about every little thing like every other human seems to have

phew
>>
>>76529539

>they were probably atheist
>Russia

You stupid or something?

People where still religious when Papa Stalin was detonating churches, by the 80's the government stopped giving shits.
>>
>>76529443
>Atheist and non religious are different
Huh?
>>
>>76529443
Google picture search says this picture is from Germany.

Germany is with over 60% still majority Christian, so it's quite likely that the majority of the people in this picture are Christians and not atheists like the jewish golem claimed.

Bearing false witness is a no-no, no?
>>
File: Kochsim.gif (4 KB, 200x100) Image search: [Google]
Kochsim.gif
4 KB, 200x100
>>76520492
Because the 2nd Law of Thermodynamics, Law of Causality, and Chaos Theory necessitate an infinite, omnipotent Cause and omnipresent Source of energy.
>>
>>76529629
>well, no god loving human being would allow a bunch of child raping pedophile moon worshippers into their country willingly

Why not? Forgive them, turn the other cheek and that whole "help the least of my brothers and sisters or go to fucking hell" thing in the goats and sheeps parabel speak a very clear language.
>>
>>76520492
I don't
>>
File: 1394555540728.jpg (2 KB, 105x126) Image search: [Google]
1394555540728.jpg
2 KB, 105x126
>>76520981
Empathy, compassion, justice, peace, golden rule, ethics

I mean, need I go on?
>>
>>76529852
>Because the 2nd Law of Thermodynamics

What does it say?
>>
>>76529852
Earth isnt a closed system so it doesnt apply you faggot
>>
>>76529754

>What is agonstic, and people saying they don't belive in anything specific

>>76529820

>60% Majority Christian

Factor in age, most Christians in Germany are older, and the nation has a quite high average age.

If you look at the young the percentage is very different.
>>
>>76520492
No senpai
>>
>>76522786
>godless swill
That's gotta be one of the weirdest insults I've ever seen.
>>
>>76529974
It says that all energy constantly and permanently converts to a lesser form, which makes perpetual motion impossible. Since all matter is energy, it would destruct and constantly degrade towards nothingness without a constant external Source of higher energy.
>>
>>76529852
lol

eventually entropy throughout the universe will cease and protons decay away
>>
>>76529969
Those are not based on logic. There's always something else behind them.
>>
File: 1200.jpg (81 KB, 1200x675) Image search: [Google]
1200.jpg
81 KB, 1200x675
>>76530073
The universe is a closed system faggot.
>>
>>76520492
Because not believing in God is retarded.
>>
>>76520492
Easier for a human brain to comprehend. Humans are flawed creatures that require a beginning middle and end to fully understand a situation. No God implying no beginning to the universe (universe being non intelligent and not alive leaves it devoid of motion and material unless a form of consciousness acts upon it. To this end we can either embrace our flaws and admit we mean nothing, or trust our limited brains and accept that we mean little more than one molecule in a pawn means to a master chess player. Nothing vs something. Your choice. (Or not)
>>
>>76530083
Good thing the majority of the people on this picture seem to be older, which even increases the chance of them being Christians instead of atheists.

The question should be, why do a white nu-male, an elderly shitskin, a young turk, his race traitor whore, a young shitskin and one neckbeard represent that group there - because those are the ones holding that thing.

Someone once said that marxists are just secularized Christians, any idea who that was?
>>
>>76530311
Go further back. Nihilism vs determinism are the only two appropriate answers. Forca Portugal!
>>
>>76529929

You know what else speaks a very clear language? Deuteronomy 13:6-11

6 If your very own brother, or your son or daughter, or the wife you love, or your closest friend secretly entices you, saying, “Let us go and worship other gods” (gods that neither you nor your ancestors have known, 7 gods of the peoples around you, whether near or far, from one end of the land to the other), 8 do not yield to them or listen to them. Show them no pity. Do not spare them or shield them. 9 You must certainly put them to death. Your hand must be the first in putting them to death, and then the hands of all the people. 10 Stone them to death, because they tried to turn you away from the Lord your God, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery. 11 Then all Israel will hear and be afraid, and no one among you will do such an evil thing again.
>>
>>76530733
Theism is more practical and more intellectually honest than nothingness. Atheism destroys society, and is all bu most certainly incorrect.
>>
>>76530733

They seem around 30.

Anyhow who said that?
>>
>>76530266
Doesn't another law of thermodynamics say that energy can't be created or destroyed? So how is that coherent?
>>
>>76530905

Well then how did all the energy appear?
>>
>>76530905
3rd Law states that no existing energy may cease to exist, merely that it breaks down (destructs). All matter is constantly destructing without outside sustenance.
>>
>>76530844
But "your very own brother, or your son or daughter, or the wife you love, or your closest friend" aren't telling you to worship other gods, what has that to do with what we're talking about?

>>76530849
>Theism is more practical and more intellectually honest than nothingness
Strawmen aren't intellectually honest.

> Atheism destroys society, and is all bu most certainly incorrect.
c.n.
>>
>>76530589

nice argument faggot
>>
>>76531241

Do you not think these muslims come to spread their faith among you? Do you honestly think that they aren't here to take your country and make it their own? You're retarded.
>>
>>76530849
You're correct.
Atheism is an evolutionary failure. It's like spiritual and cultural AIDS.
>>
>>76520492
Yes.
>>
>>76529190

+1 for Absolutely True
>>
>>76531241

>c.n.

Do you want me to use state imposed atheism or the religious degradation of Sweden?
>>
>>76529291

Because Atheism is secularism, which is the foundation of (((Bolshevism))) and (((Hedonism))). DOn't be a retard. It's obvious social justice warriors who keep using the muh crusades arguements to praise muslims and shit on Christians are typical left-wing atheist hypocritical shits.
>>
>>76531338
>Do you not think these muslims come to spread their faith among you?

Sure I think that, but these muslims are not my very own brother, or my kids, or my wife that I love or my closest friends.

>You're retarded.
I'm not the one posting bible verses that don't even substantiate my position.
>>
File: 123213.jpg (676 KB, 942x1180) Image search: [Google]
123213.jpg
676 KB, 942x1180
>>76530849
>more intellectually honest

Lol

Say what you will about a society's 'need to believe in a god'.... Just making up a story about the history of the universe is NOT intellectually honest.
>>
>>76531508

Here is the rest of the verse.

12 If you hear it said about one of the towns the Lord your God is giving you to live in 13 that troublemakers have arisen among you and have led the people of their town astray, saying, “Let us go and worship other gods” (gods you have not known), 14 then you must inquire, probe and investigate it thoroughly. And if it is true and it has been proved that this detestable thing has been done among you, 15 you must certainly put to the sword all who live in that town. You must destroy it completely,[b] both its people and its livestock. 16 You are to gather all the plunder of the town into the middle of the public square and completely burn the town and all its plunder as a whole burnt offering to the Lord your God. That town is to remain a ruin forever, never to be rebuilt, 17 and none of the condemned things[c] are to be found in your hands. Then the Lord will turn from his fierce anger, will show you mercy, and will have compassion on you. He will increase your numbers, as he promised on oath to your ancestors— 18 because you obey the Lord your God by keeping all his commands that I am giving you today and doing what is right in his eyes.
>>
>>76531427
Please, go ahead.

Sweden is, like Germany, still around 60% Christian by the way.

>>76531479
>Because Atheism is secularism, which is the foundation of (((Bolshevism))) and (((Hedonism))).

That's like saying your soil is bad because it grows poison mushrooms, when it could very well grow something edible.

>It's obvious social justice warriors who keep using the muh crusades arguements to praise muslims and shit on Christians are typical left-wing atheist hypocritical shits.
SJWs are SJWs, nothing new there.
>>
>>76531241
Atheism inevitably leads to nihilsm. There is no strawman.

M8 that's common knowledge, name one successful society based in atheism. You can't. The only major one was the Ussr which crushed the human spirit, even shit tier islamic countries will survive due to their religious unity. Humans need a goal atheism destroys the meaning of any goal. Atheism destroys humanity.
>>
>>76520723
God is the only wizard left
>>
>>76531687
>12 If you hear it said about one of the towns the Lord your God is giving you to live in

So it's not even something still applicable but just some commandments to the Israelis?

We're not Israelis, as much as you Christians like to LARP as them.
>>
>>76522417
Underrated post.

Religion is stupid
>>
>>76531278
Not an argument. A statement of fact.
Enjoy destroying our country you evolutionary failure.
>>
>>76531965

what was once a matter of wisdom remains a matter of wisdom, if the muslims come near us, we kill them and all they hold dear, it's the only way.
>>
>>76531808

+1 for Absolutely True.
>>
File: counter space.jpg (36 KB, 472x326) Image search: [Google]
counter space.jpg
36 KB, 472x326
>>76520492
>>
>>76531808
>Atheism inevitably leads to nihilsm.

Yes, and most people fill that lack of objective meaning with subjective meaning, which then again isn't "nothingness". The strawman was what you wrote afterwards by the way.

I'd say Czech Republic, but then you'd argue that it's culturally Christian - but then I'd argue that toe USSR was the same and thus we have no example of socieites based in atheism.

You could argue Buddhist countries since buddhism has no gods though.
>>
yeah I believe in the god
>>
>>76532078
>if the muslims come near us, we kill them and all they hold dear, it's the only way.

If that's the case then Christianity is a failure and should be disregarded for something that works on that front.

After all, just look at the formerly Christian North Africa and Middle East to know your own track record.
>>
>>76531808
>Atheism inevitably leads to nihilsm.

What about jainism, buddhism, stoicism, epicurianism, etc etc?
>>
>>76532264
>Buddhism has no gods
Ex-Buddhist. This is not true. Buddhism is rife with gods. Even many practitioners of Zen believe in the literal existence of gods against their school's teachings.

Most Buddhists I've met who are Asian Buddhists -- those born into it, have believed in gods and many even in a supreme God. Within most nations, the gods of another society are used - Hindu, Shinto, Confucian-Taoist, etc. Even sometimes the Christian God.
>>
>>76520954
You mean Catholicism and its inner jewish kabal ? Yes, they want refugees and they want Islam to be spread across Europe.

Let me ask you, who allows degeneracy and who propagates that people should be "free" to degenerate sexual acts, and be accepting to homosexuals and foreign "innocent war criminals" ?

Atheists.
>>
>>76532453
Buddhism I just mentioned.
>Jainism
Devas, still. Also they are small in number.

Stoicism, IIRC, believed in a distant God but a God nonetheless. At least, it probably had spirits.

Not sure about Epicurianism but as we see, it did not last. Like most atheistic movements.
>>
>>76532719
>Let me ask you, who allows degeneracy and who propagates that people should be "free" to degenerate sexual acts, and be accepting to homosexuals and foreign "innocent war criminals" ?

Christians do. Are you suggesting that 15% of america's population is controlling its public policies?
>>
>>76520492
I want to.
>>
>>76532920
>believed in a distant God but a God nonetheless.

They used the word god, but they used it as a synonym for nature. Everybody believes in nature. Everybody believes in god if that's what you mean by god.
>>
>>76533024
>In accord with this ontology, the Stoics, like the Epicureans, make God a corporeal entity, though not (as with the Epicureans) one made of everyday matter. But while the Epicureans think the gods are too busy being blessed and happy to be bothered with the governance of the universe (Epicurus, Letter to Menoeceus 123–4), the Stoic God is immanent throughout the whole of creation and directs its development down to the smallest detail.
Not atheism.

Synonym for nature, not necessarily.

But God does not exclude nature. It's only atheists who consider God to be a man in the sky on a cloud with a shiny big bushy beard. This is one reason "muh spaghetti monster" :DDD sounds so retarded to us.

May be of interest:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zMf_8hkCdc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ak-riGdz-UM
>>
>>76520492
God exists. its been proven. atheists btfo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ie9musGEqQ
>>
>>76532932
Oh, so Christians support homosexual rights and want "sexual freedom" for women ?
>>
>>76533677
>let's focus on this miniscule non-issue while that group also pushes immigration, sends resources to the third world, allows racemixing and is housing refugees

There are bigger problems in this world than faggots right now.
>>
>>76533677
>Oh, so Christians support homosexual rights and want "sexual freedom" for women ?
Somebody's doing the voting.

>>76533360
>But God does not exclude nature. It's only atheists who consider God to be a man in the sky on a cloud with a shiny big bushy beard.

I know, the word has a very general meaning when used by some people. Atheists make an explicit distinction between nature and god, and explicitly denounce the busy beard aspect that many religious people DON'T denounce.
>>
>>76534540
They make a strawman out of one aspect of God and turn it into something it is not. They then deny the concoction they have made and parade their intelligence around, despite actually being foolish and ignorant. They also make a distinction that is not necessarily there.
>>
>>76533499
this proves the existence of the flying spaghetti monster as much as it proves there is a god
>>
>>76530364
yeah, and no new energy comes into existence out of nowhere
>>
>>76520492
I don't.

I would like to, obviously. That would be nice.
>>
>>76535030
>They make a strawman out of one aspect of God and turn it into something it is not. They then deny the concoction they have made and parade their intelligence around, despite actually being foolish and ignorant.

This was all started basically by dawkins. He took issue with old testament god as described in the bible.

In britain, almost nobody actually believed in the god that dawkins attacked.

In america, it's not clear if it's actually a strawman for certain evangelical groups.

Dawkins made a targetted attack at a belief set that, you'll agree, is obviously flawed.
He had young earth creationists in mind who wanted schools to teach obvious nonsense as historical fact to our kids.

Most atheists will find no problems with a deists or pantheists (who's beliefs don't conflict with known reality whatsoever). The further you stray from deism (and therefore the closer you get to the bushy man in the sky) the more you're going to find tension with atheists.
>>
>>76520492
There was nothing which exploded and created everything does not seem as a valid explanation for my existence here.
Also, existence of chocolate is proof that God loves us all
And vodka was created to prevent Slavs from ruling the world.
>>
I never did. Parents were too lazy to even mention the concept to me growing up, so I only learned people believed in a magical sky daddy when I was like 9 maybe? Until that point, it wasn't even a factor to me, and honestly today it still isn't. Some people are religious and some aren't. Who cares?
>>
>>76535732
He attacked a small group of people who have a simple theology like a fucking idiot. Even creationists think he's reading things too literally and making a strawman, and creationism is retarded.

>Most atheists will find no problems with a deists or pantheists
I can safely say this is not true. I've found most new atheists to be nothing short of aggressive to any form of God. They will ignore those who are not Muslim or Christian as irrelevant, and they will ignore any points or discussion that they can't twist.

The good old regular atheist, sadly, is becoming harder to find, especially ones well read on the subject.

And in doing so, Dawkins has encouraged the collapse of Europe as atheism cannot sustain itself. Now they're bringing in Muslims who'll stab you, shoot you or bomb you for upsetting them.
>>
So people are saying that believing in God is better for society but you can't just choose to believe something, you have to be convinced of it somehow.
>>
>>76536641
Start by assessing what you believe we think about God, get some mistakes corrected, make some journeys towards it and you can get there.

If scientists can do it, so can you.
>>
>>76520492
It seems the likely position.
I side with the arguments for Divine Conservation.
>>
>>76536641
"believing in god is better for society"

sure if millions of deaths, discrimintaion, inequality and ignorance, which are all strongly present in a religious society, are good things then yes you are right
>>
>>76536641
In theory yes, God belief helps society tie together and morally move as a group. However, it's strength is also it's weakness- just look at hellholes where Islam rules.

And yes, belief really has to be strongly instilled at a very young age to stick. By the time you reach the age capable of 'choosing', you've already lost the ability to be a honest religious person.
>>
>>76537064
I know you're blinded by hatred for religion but you should remember that atheistic movements have been probably more bloody than religious ones.
>>
>>76537258
>And yes, belief really has to be strongly instilled at a very young age to stick. By the time you reach the age capable of 'choosing', you've already lost the ability to be a honest religious person.
This is incorrect on so many levels.
>>
>>76520954
Christians dont like Islam m8 go outside and talk to some people. Atheists criticize any religion
>>
>>76534072
But who does that, who allows this to continue and who has no territorial values ? Atheists.

Your weak-minded acceptance is the leading reason why Islam is invading. Not only do you want women to become whores, but you also condone homosexuality.
>>
>>76537349
i am most certainly not blinded by hatred, i really do not care if people are religious, as long as it doesn't affect my personal life.

Those atheistic movements you refer to do exist indeed and i do not which to defend them as they are just as bad
>>
I used to be an atheist, but I realized that religion is the antithesis to "progressive" culture
>>
>>76536246
>I can safely say this is not true. I've found most new atheists to be nothing short of aggressive to any form of God. They will ignore those who are not Muslim or Christian as irrelevant, and they will ignore any points or discussion that they can't twist.

I think a big problem is that marxists have coopted the atheist movement... and have managed to convert a number of people.

It's funny because the former leaders of the atheist movement are now regarded as heretics of their own cause.
>>
>>76522595
Retard
>>
>>76537349
also i would like to argue that those agressive atheists your refer to are practicly a relgion by themselves, just a religion that doesnt believe in god, but they still are a religion pretty much therefore just as annoying as any other relgion that thinks they can decide how other's should live their lives because they are supposed to be right
>>
I read Plato and he made a very convincing argument
>>
>>76537589
And atheists are more likely to push their ideology on people with force than the religious, except Muslims who are a religious and political force.

Generally a religious person wants to practise in peace. Trying to save your soul is not trying to affect your personal life, unless you know deep down that you are living a shitty, degenerate lifestyle, you wouldn't really mind. I never did as an atheist.
>>
>>76520492
A Kami, personification of phenomena, is a good way to explain things to idiots.

By beleiving in them they can perpetuate an understanding of reality in a way people can relate to.
>>
>>76537840
>>76537952
And this is yet another reason atheism can't work. It's easy to be co-opted, and it turns into a form of hero worship coupled with statism. SJWs hijacked it. It's little difference to how people say "communism was hijacked". They're easy to hijack, just a few years as opposed to generations of active infiltration.

Humans need some form of identity and uniting force. Take it away and it goes to the state and hedonism. Neither of which are good for society.
>>
>>76537349
Let me guess, you're talking about Hitler, Stalin and Mao? Cults of personality are just as harmful as religion. I mean, fuck- where do you think Islam started with?

>>76537433
Except it's not. Once you reach the age of reason (around 7) you start to require some standards for information you accept. Baseless and circular logic requiring me to whisper into the darkness and hope someone is listening is not something I can do.
>>
>>76537713
So the fact that religion has desirable effects somehow meant you could now believe in God?
>>
>>76538036
not quiet sure if you're able to differentiate between muslims, like some billion people on earth who don't want to enforce their relgion at all and some stupid extremists like isis. Same goes foor like 2 or 3 billion atheists such as myselve who have no desire for abolishing religion as long as i dont get affected by it and the small groups of agressors you keep referring to
>>
>>76538268
i tend to disagree, humans do not need a form of identity. The uniting force i do agree with but this can be found in many other forms (football games, politics, celebrating new year) humans just want answers to the unknown, this is where science should be supported more in stead of being broken down because it just keeps proving that the bible is full of bullshit
>>
>>76538036
>trying to save your soul

So what, when Christians disagree with someone's beliefs/values/lifestyles it's okay for them to proselytize tax-free, but when a nonreligious person tries to discuss religion and its flaws it's now hatespeech and trying to silence the church?

HA
>>
>>76538403
>2 or 3 billion atheists
lel
Nowhere near that number.

>>76538725
Football games and politics are not a good uniting force and lead to a balkanisation of society.

>religion vs science
Nice meme.
>>
>>76538268
>Humans need some form of identity and uniting force. Take it away and it goes to the state and hedonism. Neither of which are good for society.

I agree. The atheist movement was characterized by people LEAVING christianity. This left them without an ideology of their own, and therefore ripe for conversion by anybody who would give them something to believe in.

Marxists were there waiting (who already happened to identify themselves as atheists).

If you want to unite people, you need an actual ideology. Atheism isn't an ideology.

What bothers me is that people who make the claim you made above seem to neglect this circumstance of the atheist movement.

Atheists aren't easy to convert; people who recently left their former ideology are.
>>
>>76538769
amen to that, it also goes much further than just christians. And i'm sorry if i'm insulting your country here, but the united states for instance has a great history of demanding it can do as it pleases while at the same time declaring wars to other countries for wanting to do or have the exact same thing
>>
File: deityblind_.jpg (188 KB, 500x499) Image search: [Google]
deityblind_.jpg
188 KB, 500x499
Imagine a color-blind person laughing at the world for seeing a color he is sure does not exist. What an absurd human being that color-blind person is for laughing. Deity-blind people laughing at 99% of the world for sensing the presence of a higher intelligence at work in the universe are not only just as absurd but also rude and obnoxious.

Deity-blind person : "Hurrr durrr, my belief is right and your belief is wrong, hurrr".
>>
>>76538892
as long as there are different groups there will always be balkanisation, i do not need te remind you of the multiple wars between religions that have happened and still are going on today i may hope?
>>
>>76538769
>proselytise tax free
Yes, because they pay tax on other things and do a lot for charity. Far more than most atheist organisations.

>but when a nonreligious person tries to discuss religion and its flaws it's now hatespeech and trying to silence the church?
>implying 95% of atheists can do this without being cunts
>>
File: fb_img_1451781744660.jpg (34 KB, 629x549) Image search: [Google]
fb_img_1451781744660.jpg
34 KB, 629x549
>>76539126
>wars between religions
Most "religious wars" are ethnic, political and even economic in nature. I know history isn't an anti-religious person's strong point but please know this isn't accurate.
>>
>>76539358
you do realise that religion is part of ethnics right?
>>
>>76528780
Also
>tfw peole repost your OC
Feels good man
>>
>>76539661
It isn't, don't be silly. I can't convert to being ethnically Spanish.

If I converted to Islam, I wouldn't be ethnically Muslim or ethnically Arab. I'm still me.
>>
>>76521064
Common sense doesn't exist.
>>
>>76523784
>>Says everyone originates from negros, even though we are all different sub species
>redpilled
>>
>>76520718
Dawkins is a douchebag, there are plenty of atheists who don't force their beliefs to others
>>
>>76539808
ethnicity litarilly stands for "common characteristics of a group of people", you must be confusing with nationality
>>
>>76528780
A FUCKING LEAF
>>
>>76539808
also, if you converted to islam than yes in fact you would be a muslim all of the sudden since that's basically thye meaning of it :p
>>
>>76540058
No, ethnicity and nationality are different, too.

I can become a Belgian national and live in Walloonia. I will never be an ethnic Walloon.

An ethnic norm (language, culture, etc) isn't necessarily the same as an ethnicity. There are Welsh people who speak English as their first language and there are Welsh people who speak Welsh as their first language. There could even be someone who speaks Dutch as their first language. They are still the same ethnicity.
>>
>>76540211
But I wouldn't be an "ethnic Muslim", because there is no such thing. I would be a religious Muslim. I would still be my ethnicity.
>>
How do Atheists respond to this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjHhtWL_3Og
>>
>>76540404
that is true but the way he was using it kinda seemed like nationailty was the closest, whether you like it or not, religion is part of ethnicity as it is an ideal that is believed by a group of like-minded people
>>
>>76540481
yes this is true but many of the ISIS fighters are in fact not ethnic muslims, yet the do go fight in syria for there religion
>>
>>76540608
But religion transcends it, which is why it is unifying.

You can be a Saudi Christian or any other Arab Christian. You can be a Finnish Christian. You can be a Somali Christian.

You could be a Swedish Muslim and convert to Hinduism. You're still ethnically the same. Your ethnicity has not changed.

>>76540770
There's no such thing as an ethnic Muslim, though. You missed the point.
>>
>>76541069
nay, religion is just as week as nationality in this perspective. Every single religion has been devided into smaller subcultures that have been devided into smaller subcultures and so on. take islam again as example, you say it should be uniting all muslims but the truth is that shiit vs suni muslims is one of the most violent conflicts atm
>>
File: 1459447848229.jpg (222 KB, 620x455) Image search: [Google]
1459447848229.jpg
222 KB, 620x455
>>76520492
shinpai shinaide
>>
>>76520492
Gonna go full fedora and say this straight: People create god as a mental figure so they can either blame/beg them for shits in their life, their society then soon form a consensus and a unified image of god, hence there are multiple gods across different cultures
>>
>>76541410
Not quite accurate regarding the subcultures and nation equivalents. Sunni-vs-Shia is a complicated one and down to politics.
>>
>>76541938
Adding to my post, god is also a tool to explain natural phenomena and the unknown, it's also the basis to develop morality and culture surrounding the religion
I honestly don't believe in some big dude in white judging us like ants BUT I will believe in a tier 3 civilization or cosmic beings residing in the vast emptiness outside of reality
We're all just angry hairless apes struggling in our own mortality things beyond understanding observes us
Fear the dark void
Thread replies: 206
Thread images: 27

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.