[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Agree on tipping?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 32
File: 1435248745485.png (155 KB, 576x835) Image search: [Google]
1435248745485.png
155 KB, 576x835
Agree on tipping?
>>
>>76499869
What a fucking passive-aggressive shit.

The problem is not tipping or not tipping, it's the law that made employing servers possible only if you tip them.
>>
>>76499869
>see sign
>leave
>>
>>76500123

No one would care, if you are that cheap your business would be worthless.
>>
>>76499869
How about fuck you and fuck your tip.
Why dont you tip every single one when you buy anything?
Why are people in resturants so damn previliged?
Why dont you tip someone in the supermarket, or when you buy a new phone??????????????

Stupid ass shit.
>>
>>76499869
*tips
>>
>>76500259

>Why dont you tip someone in the supermarket

You do, usually..

>when you buy a new phone

Only buy online, really.
>>
>>76500348
Tip as a thing done in USA mostly I guess. In europe you dont do it.
You pay the price and thats it.
There are zero logic in tipping.

You "have to" pay some kind of undefined extra sum above the stated price otherwise its wrong?
Do you tip when getting petrol in your car also?
Why dont you tip the plumber?
Why dont you tip a doctor or dentist, who actually did something with his life?

Instead you should tip a 17 year old girl who carries your plate from the counter to your table, wow what a hard job.
>>
>>76499869
>willingly agreeing to subsidize the employers labor force

juden plz
>>
>>76500348
Don't know about supermarket, mom worked in few and they could get in troubles if they had extra money at the end of the shift.
>>
File: 1452796074976.png (71 KB, 896x716) Image search: [Google]
1452796074976.png
71 KB, 896x716
Tipping is one of the things I fully support non americans shitting on us for. Hate entitled cunts who constantly ask to refill my drink when it's still half full in an effort to try to guilt a few extra dollars out of me. Eat shit
>>
Never once in my life. When I was in Vegas there were fat guys in the toilets trying to hand me towels for a tip, weirdest fucking thing ever and dumb as shit.
>>
restaurant servers make less than minimum wage based on a contract with the restaurants that allow them to get away with it. most servers income is based upon tipping. not tipping someone even a dollar is a big middle finger in their face. not tipping is the equivalent of falling for a jewish ruse where all the money goes to the owners and none go to the poor little goyim working in the establishment
>>
>>76499869
>Go into buffet at 11
>Eat for a few hours
>Get enough refills of mountains dew hydrate a whale
>Go use the bathroom multiple times
>Clogged a toilet but didn't tell
>Waitress takes at least 50 dirty plates
>Super nice despite my being there for 10 hours
>Closing time comes along
>Waitress informs me, still polite
>I say alright, reach into wallet and fish around
>Quickly pulls empty hand out and pulls it up
>Tips fedora
>Leaves

It's like you guys have never been to a restaurant.
>>
I usually tip but if someone told me I had to tip I would take my business elsewhere. Tipping is optional.
>>
any country that expects tips is cucked
>>
>>76499869
>Agree on tipping?
No. I tip, but that stance is shitty as fuck.
>>
>>76499869
I have never even witnessed someone tipping.
>>
Just pay them the same minimum wage as in other sectors.
>>
>>76501059
Someone left me 2 bucks when I worked as a waiter at Sizzler and made a point of letting me know. Was surreal.
>>
>>76499869
>if you don't give me money that my employer is holding out on me, you're a cheap piece of shit

and that attitude is why people refuse to tip in the first place
>>
>>76500348
>>Why dont you tip someone in the supermarket

>You do, usually..

wat
>>
>>76501127
this. The reason restaurant tipping is so big in the USA is because their employers are allowed to pay them less than the minimum wage as it is assumed that they'll make it up in tips. Servers who receive no rips are basically being paid less than the minimum wage.
>>
>>76501130

What did you do? thank them? what did you spend it on?
>>
>>76500902
hmmm... would that actually work? I'm homeless atm and it'd be great to be able to eat all day for just the price of a meal but I feel like they'd kick me out once they see that I plan on staying for the whole work day.
>>
>>76499869
Haha get fucked. If they want more money then they should ask their boss for a raise. If they can't provide adequate service for their pay then they can fuck off and get a different job.
>>
File: 1465378255774.jpg (5 KB, 128x128) Image search: [Google]
1465378255774.jpg
5 KB, 128x128
>>76501284
homeless and posting on 4chan. sounds like you need to prioritize.
>>
>>76500787
>>76501267
Nope. If a server doesn't make enough tips to equal what they would have recieved at the minimum wage, the employer is legally bound to make up the difference.

>>76499869
>that image
But I tip as an additional reward for good service. I don't know whether I'll tip of not at the start of the meal. After I'm done eating and have recieved the check, I consider whether or not the service was worthy of a tip.
>>
>>76499869

Restaurants aren't allowed to bypass shit, the simple fact is that there's a different minimum wage set for tipped employees.

Bottom line is if you want a tip you better work for it. It's on you, not us.
>>
If you are an employee who receives tips, and you believe in what is said in that image, you are free to believe it. The only condition is that you tell your employer (and possible future employers during the interview process) that you support an idea that actively turns possible costumers away by shaming them for not tipping. If you don't have the balls to do this, then you don't really have a moral objection to people not tipping, you are just an entitled piece of shit.
>>
Pizza place i order from doesn't have a delivery driver any more. They use a delivery service and it costs $8 for delivery when it use to be free on any order over $30. Last time i ordered delivery i had to call it to cancel my order after 90 minutes. Person who answered the phone said that the delivery drivers kept quitting because hardly anyone tipped and the delivery service was backed up.
>>
>>76500787
>refusing to support a corrupt paradigm
>refusing to pay the employee's wages on top of my over-expensive meal
>falling for Jewish tricks
Hello Mordecai
>>
>>76501581
How do you pay for petrol?
>>
I tip but this type of sanctimonious moral finger-waving makes me want to not tip
>>
>>76499869

I do, it's great. I'll tip around 10-15% and it buys me better service, I don't have to wait or beg to get my drinks like the cheap fucks that won't tip I even get a buy back every now and then.
>>
File: 15385798.png (236 KB, 360x359) Image search: [Google]
15385798.png
236 KB, 360x359
>>76499869
>it's my job to pay your salary
>>
I don't have to tip at Burger King :^). Guess I now know which place I'm going to eat at.
>>
File: 1465361321570.jpg (29 KB, 571x547) Image search: [Google]
1465361321570.jpg
29 KB, 571x547
>>76499869
>we are too stupid to make/join a union, why wont people give us free money
>>
>>76502137
Nah man, didn't you know unions are G-G-GOMMUNISM
>>
This is a slide thread. Also check OPs flag.
>>
I used to be waiter, so I'm a little biased. I like the tipping system because you earn what you put in. If I'm going to make more money by putting in my absolute best effort, I'm going to put in that effort. That way the customer is happy, I'm happy, and the restaurant has earned a potential regular.

If a waiter is being a dick or not doing his job, they don't deserve shit. A lot of waiters have an entitlement problem. They give shitty service and then they're pissed off when they get a dollar tip.
>>
>>76499869
Tipping is a shit practice and mandatory tipping especially. I want to see the price on the menu as is, not some fucking false advertising part of the price I have to mentally add 20% to to pay cash in hand to the waitstaff outside bookkeeping or otherwise I'm a terrible person.

Minimum wages and accordingly prices should be such that the staff doesn't depend on tips to survive. Tipping should be abolished, it's a bit like corruption or gray market employment
>>
>>76502389
I'm an American abroad for the record.
>>
>if you don't tip tell it before so we can spit in your food
Tipping is just racket.
>>
>>76501657
>there's a different minimum wage set for tipped employees
Which is fundamentally fucked up
>>
>>76502448
Is it true that u can get a lobster and a blowjob, possibly at the same time for a dollar in poland?
Also would you tip?
>>
>>76502389
You bring a fucking plate of food from the kitchen to the table. How the fuck is there any room involved for the amount of "effort" put in for your "service"?
>>
>>76501494
What a shit system, I make minimum wage + tips.
>>
>>76502389
> I like the tipping system because you earn what you put in.
Statistically good service vs bad service doesn't change the tipping amount on average, and the amount people tip is pretty much random.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_vivC7c_1k
>>
>>76499869

Lol, why would I pay someone who's job is to write up an order and bring some plates to a table? Even the restaurant owners don't think they're worth shit and barely give them any compensation.

You lot are just a step above beggars and I don't give money to beggars either.
>>
File: bron.jpg (7 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
bron.jpg
7 KB, 225x225
Lebron James doesn't tip. Fact
>>
Is it rude not to tip when I get a $2.85 coffee in the morning? I order it black with nothing in it.
>>
>>76502389
yea if youre a shitty server youre not going to get tips. ive worked in similar industries and i sucked as much dick as i could to get extra money. just plaster a fake smile on your face and get some cash, dont be a cunt
>>
>>76502572

The lobster doesn't really need the money.
>>
One of my cocktail waitresses got stiffed by a bunch of English cunts on a $371 tab tonight. Of course they were also overheard using “Jew” in place of “cheap” while discussing their bill. Charming people. They were told they will never be welcome back again. Bottom line, if you don’t tip, you’re done in any respectable bar or restaurant in the states. In other countries do whatever the fuck you want.
>>
>>76502389
Aren't you actually the one who feels entitled to getting a material reward for every little "effort" you do? Sorry for criticizing you, but I feel entitled to the right to tell you that you are no better than your coworkers.
>>
>>76502712
Niggers never tip.
>>
>>76499869

I'll do this only if the server acknowledges beforehand that they work for tips and that their quality of service matters. It's unfair that the servers can operate under false pretenses while I cannot.
>>
So what if I do tell them? Are they going to say, "well i guess you like spit and boogers in your food lol"? If that's the case then I can sue their fucking asses. Fuck them. No one should tell you what to do with YOUR money.
>>
File: Nanapong-dance-contest27.jpg (167 KB, 1000x667) Image search: [Google]
Nanapong-dance-contest27.jpg
167 KB, 1000x667
I usually tip the waiter, bartender, cab driver, etc.

If I saw that shitty sign in OP pic, I would leave 0 tips though. no one should feel obligated to tip, and thankfully it's not completely expected of you in Norway.
>>
>>76499869
The whole point of tipping is that it's the waiter's incentive to provide good service. If you tell them you're not tipping beforehand, they won't give one shit about you and your experience will be terrible. This is because the laws allow their employers to off some of the cost of paying their wages onto you, rather than paying their full paycheck as they ought to.
>>
>>76502729

Should be tipping at least $1 per drink
>>
>>76502846
why don't you just pay your waiters/waitresses more, and make the food more expensive to compensate? no tipping needed then.
>>
Furthermore
>>76499869
>"If you can't afford to tip...you can't afford to go out and eat."
Apparently you fucking can based on the very second sentence of the sign. The sign contradicts itself.
>>
>>76500535
>In europe you dont do it.

I tip in restaurants though.. Not at mcDonalds or snackbar, but if there's good service most Dutch people tip..
>>
>>76502937
> Thanks for doing your job
> let me give you some money because your employer doesn't pay you enough.
'murica!
>>
>>76502983

Good goys.
>>
>>76499869
i just started working in a kitchen and i get tips its fucing crazy but it ups my wage from £6.70 to 8.00 so i dont complain
>>
>>76503070

What is wrong with what you just greentexted?
>>
>>76499869
>because they are allowed to bypass the federal minimum wage requirements

Found the problem. By not tipping they are eventually forced to change that bypass bullshit and they will pay you a living wage instead.

Stop biting the hand that wants to help you.
>>
>>76502858
In my experience individuals of all sorts don’t tip or don’t tip well. Some based on ignorance of custom, some based on inexperience, and some because they’re awful people that almost everyone loathes. I’ve been a bartender for 12 years and I’ve been stiffed by every type of people but I don’t ever generalize about who does and doesn’t tip. Generally speaking black people are not great tippers if they’re from the hood. But neither are churchy white midwesterners. And neither are super nice Canadians. As a general rule, young women are the worst tippers because they’re used to getting something for being pretty and don’t think they should do anything else. But 21 year olds in general are shit tippers. They’re inexperience and have no money. Lesbians and gay men are exceptionally good tippers. Service workers are the best tippers. The Japanese don’t tip at all. Lots of Europeans are slowly figuring it out but they’re still pretty bad. As a whole, Brits are the worst people from Europe because not only do they not tip well but they act superior and run you around.
>>
>>76500787
>not tipping someone even a dollar is a big middle finger in their face
No, it's a middle finger in the face of their employer and the laws that allow them to get away with not paying their employees properly.

>not tipping is the equivalent of falling for a jewish ruse where all the money goes to the owners and none go to the poor little goyim working in the establishment
What you just said is the exact opposite of reality. Tipping is what keeps money in the owners' pockets. Every dollar you give in tips is a dollar the employer doesn't have to pay their employee, up until their salary meets minimum wage. Then you're just giving them charity.
>>
>>76502938

It's not about what they make, it's what tipping buys you - better service.
>>
>>76503094
shouldn't the employer just pay the employees fairly?
Why should we pay someone for doing what they were employed to do? why is it only certain service people we tip?
>>
>>76503171
>No, it's a middle finger in the face of their employer and the laws that allow them to get away with not paying their employees properly.

Bernfag detected.
>>
>>76503126
>oh boohoo I don't get enough money from pouring liquids into a cup for people
>>
>>76503086

Do you wash your willy (foreskin) before you go to work just in case you get lucky?
>>
>>76502599
But Anon, they make way more money than you.
They're just whiny bitches.
>>
>>76500248
This is the mindset of a failed business owner.
>>
>>76502580
Regularly checking on customers to refill their drinks as they get low. Bring close by to provide extra napkins, sauce, or handle other complaints.
Do you not go out to restaurants? Seriously.
>>
>>76503176
> Wow great job bring my plate from over there to here
> Thanks for listening to me pee and handing me a towel. I'm too retarded to do that myself
I don't get it

Do you tip mcdonalds employees like you do plate-movers?
>>
File: 1459022422099.jpg (337 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
1459022422099.jpg
337 KB, 1920x1200
>>76503282
>>
>>76502617
>CollegeHumor
I almost didn't watch.
>>
>>76500248
"That cheap" ?

The restaurant owner should definitely care since I was going to buy a meal from him. If I don't want to pay his employees I have no obligation to. And no I don't need to announce it beforehand and relegate myself to shit service. The waiters accepted this when they took the job.
>>
>>76503343
> Regularly checking on customers to refill their drinks as they get low.
So if we refuse this, then we can just not tip right?
>>
>>76502938
Because that would require changing the whole system. Some high end restaurants tried than in New York and San Francisco. They eliminated tipping and increased prices and started paying the kitchen staff a bit more. Guess what happened? All the best servers bailed to restaurants that do things the old way because they were losing tons of income to the non tipping system. On a good night I can make $400 on tips as a bartender. I can also make $120 on a slow night. The point being that under the tipping system the best people will work the hardest and get rewarded for it. If you eliminate my ability to make $400 a night from time to time, I’m never going to work much harder than needed to not get fired because what’s my motivation for getting your drinks faster or giving you menu advice? Eliminate tipping and serving becomes a job for teenagers and non English speaking minimally educated people. Because the hourly wage just won’t be good enough to get the best people.
>>
>>76502617

Is there a single person itt who tips randomly? Do you know anyone who tips randomly? Because I sure as fuck don't tip randomly. I tip 20% if they don't fuck up and go down from there.

Servers know people tip less if they fuck up and they also know that tips make the job worthwhile. Saying "they need to eat" is retarded. If a job simply isn't worth a higher wage, would you rather it be eliminated, thus destroying potential opportunity for all? This is why teenagers are retarded now. They can't find work because adults are trying to make a living out of jobs designed for them. Remember when we used to have movie ushers who were paid below minimum wage? It was great for people who wanted to watch a lot of movies but didn't want demanding work hours. The job wasn't worth much in pay, but the relationship was mutually beneficial for all.
>>
>>76503343
I do. I find these kinds of people annoying. I would like to enjoy my meal in peace without some faggot helicoptering over me trying to guilt me into giving a higher tip.
>>
>>76503076

It's just a custom, and most people go along with it.. Servers don't usually get to keep it all though, it gets shared with all the staff in a proportional manner. Chefs usually don't share because they make a lot more than the servers and dish washers, and the owners don't share because they get the profits.
>>
>>76503356

Do you strictly 'dine out' at McDonalds and occasionally as a rare treat the RSL $10 parmy night or something, cunt? you not used to fine dining or restaurants where you don't have to take your table number up to the front to order generally?
>>
If a woman tells me, "just the tip" how much am i suppose to give her?
>>
>>76499869
Tipping is fucking retarded, i only tip in a fancy restaurant and only if feel i got great service.
>>
>>76503421
>Eliminate tipping and serving becomes a job for teenagers and non English speaking minimally educated people. Because the hourly wage just won’t be good enough to get the best people.
Good. Bringing a plate from the kitchen to a table isn't something that requires a high amount of skill.
>>
>>76499869
I'm a waiter and I don't tip, and I don't expect anyone to tip me

like they say in resevoir dogs, lots of people deserve tips but they don't get them because they arn't face to face with customers

and when you have tips, you instantly have the effect that the rich man thinks he's entitled to better service and that he own service staff, and the poor man feels passed over and resentful

I earn a living wage in australia as a waiter, and I go to work ever day knowing that nobody who walks through our front door owns me no matter how much cash they throw around
>>
>>76503467
We live in the same country. all the fine restaurants ive been to ive not tipped at. Barely any countries do this. Please stop being retarded on purpose.
>>
>>76499869
>Inform server that I don't tip
>Receive shitty service, snide remarks, and possibly have some edgy fuck try messing with my food because they feel entitled to getting paid extra for doing their job
Sounds like a great idea. Hardly any fucking servers deserve a tip anyway. I'll leave a couple bucks if you take good care of me, but the majority of the time I have to fucking flag down a waiter to get a refill on my water
>>
>>76502580
Providing friendly, not half-assed service, bringing anything the customer needs, and making them feel welcome at the restaurant.
>>
I thought the tipping system in America was retarded until I actually went last year. Restaurant service is phenomenal, I ate out every day and I was treated like a king. Service was quick, efficient, friendly. I never had an empty drink. 100x better than over here where 1 in 3 restaurant visits something is wrong.

They have it right.
>>
>>76499869
Tipping culture in the US is the worst. It drives employees to steal and pits them against the business. I feel no sympathy for tipped employees. In a major city they can pull down a 6 figure salary in 10 months take 2 months off during the slow season and come back to work and they can rob their employer the entire time they do it. They get to play the "I'm just a poor tipped employee" sympathy card and laugh the whole way to the bank. Put these people on a wage and bring the labor back in house.
>>
>>76503573
so it's about the service staff pandering to your fragility?
>>
File: B3mjW-fIMAAOGC1.jpg large.jpg (57 KB, 650x366) Image search: [Google]
B3mjW-fIMAAOGC1.jpg large.jpg
57 KB, 650x366
>>76503541

Wow, you really go to 'fine restaurants' and don't tip, even here? what a cunt you are. I hope one day you go back to one of these places and get recognized as a non-tipper :)
>>
>>76503279
Obviously you’ve never bartended or you’d know that the easiest part of the job is pouring gin a glass and handing it to a drunk. The hard part is doing it night after night, year after year, on weekends and holidays, cleaning up puke, broken glass, breaking up fights, being strong and conditioned enough to lift kegs, throw out drunks, be physically attractive enough to have the job in the first place, and listening to annoying loud motherfuckers yammer and squeal all night while you’re stone cold sober without losing your cool and strangling them. Not just anyone can do the job. You don’t have to be a genius by any means, but it’s not always easy.
>>
The only times I have tipped in my life was when I went out with friends and we all chipped in with some cents.

I expect a doctor to know medicine, a math teacher to know math and a waiter to be polite.
>>
>>76503126
You forgot Indians. They're the worst.
>>
Just tip however little or much you feel like. Was the service shit? Tip $1.00. Was it great? 25-30%.
I have worked a service job (Cold Stone Creamery) for the past 3 years. Some people tip, some don't. I don't care. I get tired of being super friendly and interesting when it doesn't feel rewarded. Even when I am super monotone but polite I still receive decent tips. Today I felt like absolute garbage because of my allergies, and had to open the store late due to miscommunication on getting my key back. Some customers I flat out glared at accidentally. I didn't have time to stock anything or eat some food I brought so I just started avoiding eye contact to conserve as much energy as possible. Then some asian lady and her bf tipped me $5 for three ice creams, even though I looked horrible. She probably tipped me out of pity.

There are so many different reasons someone might enjoy your service or consider tipping. I don't do more than them minimum politeness and maybe a little friendliness because the job is soul-sucking enough as it is.
>>
>>76499869
here in Israel the emloyer pay minmum wage and you still "need to bring about 15% tip"
alot of other work give minimum wage and they don't get tip or alot lees then 15%.
so 5-10% it's ok too imo.
>>
>>76503608

Agree with this. American service is exceptional compared to non-tipping countries.
>>
>>76502617
I don't suppose anyone has access to this? It's a critique and response to one of the sources in the video.

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0362331902001994

>>76503433
He didn't say each person tips randomly, he means people tip randomly as in whether a person tips a high amount like you (20%) or a lower amount (15%, 13%, 10%, or less) is not determined, or spread out far enough that the waiter doesn't earn more for good service.
>>
americans are easily propagandized. why else would they agree to pay for the servers' wages in addition to their meal?
>>
>>76503635
Wew lad the straw is killing me
>>
>>76503356

Better service as in getting a nicer table, not the one next to the bathroom, friendlier service and sometimes free stuff.

In bars it buys me the bartender's attention, I get my orders faster even when it is crowded and I get free drinks or shots every few rounds.

If you value good service, you'll learn the difference tipping makes.
>>
>>76502937
That's only at bars and pubs, not Starbucks.
>>
>mfw you only eat at bistros where you take the buzzer and get your own fucking food.

Coincidently the food is cheaper and I don't get pestered by anyone as I eat my meal. If I'm thirsty I go get a drink. Waiters can go fuck themselves if they want a tip
>>
>>76499869
>WOW U CHEAP SHIT I AM ENTITLED TO THE FRUITS OF YOUR LABOUR BECAUSE OF THE JOB THAT I CHOSE
Okay so let's make them earn just above minimum wage and all the tips go into general takings.

No? You'd make LESS because there's legal requirement to make minimum wage if you don't make it up in tips?
>>
>>76499869
I once saw a girl on went to high school with post that picture ppb her kike book page. I screen capped it and sent out to the manager if the restaurant where she worked, told her I wouldn't be eating there anymore
Dumb cunt got fired a few weeks later
>>
>>76499869
>See sign
>Never eat there

Waiters are the single worst type of employees I've ever encountered.

"I bring plates to a table and refill glasses; I should make double what the average construction worker pulls in per hour"
>>
>>76499869
> paying far too much for bad food
> being expected to also pay extra for the bad service which shouldn't even be your responsibility to begin with
> americans still do it so much that they get fatter than everyone else
I guess having a better economy and more cash than you know what to do with has it's downsides...
>>
>>76503531
Obviously you don’t eat in Michelin star rated or fine restaurants. Because if you’re a known non tipper you won’t get a reservation. You also don’t know what you’re talking about. Anyone that works in a high end joint has lots of food and wine knowledge. And they’re on their feet for 7 hours hustling around and getting everyone their stuff quickly. Not tipping in restaurants is a sign of low class.
>>
>>76503729

How do you know that's random though? Part of the reason I consider 20% good is because I have income. You can't think of tip amount as good based on the nominal amount, but the percentage of someone's disposable income. That study basically said that poor people tip less because they have less to tip. Woop de fucking doo!
>>
File: enhanced-buzz-1117-1384342715-0.jpg (139 KB, 355x404) Image search: [Google]
enhanced-buzz-1117-1384342715-0.jpg
139 KB, 355x404
>>76503809

bogan/10
>>
>>76503608
Glad to hear it mate.
>>
>>76503649
what state are you in? in qld, there is no tipping. It doesn't happen. People are just paid normally.
>>
File: sours.jpg (26 KB, 650x488) Image search: [Google]
sours.jpg
26 KB, 650x488
>>76503877

I'm in Brisbane, I tip regularly.
>>
>>76500348
What the fuck are you even on about, tipping culture is non existant in Australia.
>>
>>76499869
>my boss doesn't pay me a decent wage so tip me

How about you fuck yourself for allowing this situation to occur in the first place
>>
>>76503845
>fine dining
No, I do not enjoy burning my money for placebos.
>>
>>76503126
this kinda, black men ALWAYS tip in my experience with delivery service, but the tip is always the smallest, black women do not often tip, Asian women do not often tip, and prissy rich people have a 50/50 of either tipping big, or not tipping/giving a nigger tip. rednecks/trailer trash usually don't care what they throw at you, but don't make it a couple of 1s; they'd give you the first $5 or $10 they find in their wallet. any other race and gender/group is too diverse.
>>
>>76503680
They’re not great. Some of the Indian tech workers that have been here for awhile have learned what they’re supposed to be doing and if they’re high level they have the money to do it. The bigger problem I have is Indian dudes getting a bit too drunk and handsy with female patrons. They have a different culture when it comes to seducing women.
>>
>>76503775
Not american, but do you tip before you are served? If not, how do they know how to treat you?
>>
>>76500535
In the US, employers are allowed to "reduce" their employees wage assuming that a certain amount of tips will happen. They are interested in keeping tip culture up as this means they have to pay their employees less.

Some retards also feel that tipping coerces the waiters into treating them well or giving them special service, and their dicks go diamonds over the thought of having some sort of power over 17 year old girls, because they'd never get that otherwise.

So tipping is probably not going anywhere in the US. And currently not tipping is sort of a dickish thing to do since your waiter sort of depends on tip income. I mean, sure, legally the employer has to make up in case she makes too few tips, but in practice you come up short a little too often and back to the streets with you.
>>
>>76499869

Its not my job to pay your waiters,its yours.The shitty tipping policy is just a leftover from another genius experiment,the prohibition.
>>
>>76503930
They're probably spooks at Pine Gap
>>
Waiter here. We have to share our tips at the end of a shift, but a lady came up to me personally and gave me £5 and told me it was only for me. My manager let me keep it.
>>
socialist: "let's pay everyone a fair wage so everyone has a fair go, and all customers get treated the same"

capitalist: "lets pay everyone as little as we can, and let charity fill the gap"

the truth is people tip because:
A. they want to show how wealthy they are
B. they want better service than everyone else
C. society has taught them to conflate gratitude with money
D. they feel sorry for underpaid staff
>>
>>76503094
>What is wrong with what you just greentexted?
That the employer doesn't pay them enough, obviously. In normal businesses people get paid more as they contribute more to the company. The prospect of getting a raise is what motivates you to do better in your job, making the company worth more. This money comes from your employer. In restaurants it's shifted over so that the "raise" is withheld and based on your customers instead of your employer.
The only benefit to it being the way it is is so that employers can save money by not paying their employees what they ought to be.

But it's got a cyclical psychology to it. It's like welfare. Once you're in it you don't want it gone even though it's bad for you. The system is set up so that employers get away with not paying their employees the same minimum wage everyone else gets. Instead the customers are expected to pay it. But if the customers don't, then they're seen as the transgressors, rather than the employers and lawmakers who set up and propagate that system in the first place.
>>
File: 1461749805760.jpg (109 KB, 500x345) Image search: [Google]
1461749805760.jpg
109 KB, 500x345
>>76504058

She just wanted your uncut willy famalam.
>>
>>76503906
ok you must be troll, or the only person in Australia who tips. I can imagine the guy at the service station raising an eyebrow as you leave a $5 note on the counter and wink at him.
>>
>>76503943
Your choice. And if you’re not utilizing the labor of people that work for tips it’s not a problem. But spreading the no tipping thing around makes other people think it’s ok not to tip, and that’s costing workers money.
>>
File: I drink to forget m'quve.jpg (126 KB, 540x405) Image search: [Google]
I drink to forget m'quve.jpg
126 KB, 540x405
>>76503126
>"I don’t ever generalize about who does and doesn’t tip"
>rest of post is generalizing about who does and doesn't tip
>>
>>76504150
That's ok. I don't care about the workers.
>>
>how can I pay my servers less than minimum wage and get away with it...
>already have more pacos than would make me comfortable, and these beanbags can't exactly do labor more skilled than dish washing
>I got it!
>I'll make my customers pay extra on top of their meal as a direct payment to the wait staff
>they can make up the difference while I swim in profits!

I don't go out to eat, and when I have to, I refuse to tip. If I absolutely have to buy food from a restaurant, I pick fast food joints or more and pop shops that don't stare greedily at me for a tip.

This logic of "I'm a good waiter, so leave me a good tip" is complete bullshit. You're a good waiter because that's your fucking job, dipshit. Go tell an electrician he can half ass or sabotage a job because he wasn't given a hefty enough tip; he'll crack your skull open for being such an entitled little shit; and that fucker actually does skilled labor.

What do wait staff do that anyone limp dick fuckhead right off the street couldn't accomplish? Is their expertise really so extensive that they deserve additional compensation for completing the tasks required by their job?

No. It's fucking not.

Don't tip your waiters, and when they bitch, tell them to go fuck themselves. There are plenty of restaurants, and plenty of waiters; you can afford to tell them to go fuck themselves for being entitled pricks.
>>
>>76499869
Bullshit. Its 4.80 an hour in Florida.
>>
File: EternalSeppo.png (228 KB, 353x499) Image search: [Google]
EternalSeppo.png
228 KB, 353x499
>Those money grabbing kikes!
>Tip me you tight sod!
Connect the dots
>>
Whenever I'm at a restaurant and I'm due for the check, I write on the line that says tip: "learn a joke or two, it'll help your cause :)". If the server legitimately made me laugh during service then only then is when I tip.
>>
File: 1464648585796.jpg (168 KB, 393x589) Image search: [Google]
1464648585796.jpg
168 KB, 393x589
>>76504141

I am a dual American citizen (dad is American) and I don't see why it is any different. Minimum wage here is about the same as USA when it comes to purchasing power.

As if I would tip a servo guy, mate.
>>
There's no fucking reason to tip servers, they only take your order and fill your drinks. It's all the cooks and food runners/food expo that does everything.

Servers are the fucking scum of the earth and their jobs deserve to be replaced with tablets.
>>
>>76504012
Tip well on the first round. If I get a big tip on round one I’ll probably be inclined to treat you well all night. You’ll get drinks faster, I’ll include you in conversations with locals and possibly women. I’ll even talk to you if I have the time and you’ll get a free round if you tip decently. Tip poorly or not at all, there are no free drinks and I’ll talk shit to my coworkers and any women that come in. People that tip well are immediately treated as being “in the know” and “cool”. Non tippers get ignored and after a few rounds will find it difficult to get a drink at all.
>>
America "land of the free" where you're forced to pay someone elses wages when ordering food
>>
>>76504012

After, you have to go there at least twice before they remember you.

I tip at the pub around the corner too, totally worth it.
>>
>>76502846
>on /pol/
>complaining about Jew as a pejorative
Fuck off you Jewish kike yid hebe cunt
>>
>>76503434
While it's true it'll seem that way if they go too far, I appreciate getting a new glass or a refill of a drink once I get low or empty. If I have to wait a while and no one comes around, I consider it bad service. And it's the waiter's job to watch for and handle that. Or maybe the busboy, same thing in this topic.
>>
>>76504357
> Minimum wage here is about the same as USA when it comes to purchasing power.
It's a fair bit more. I think you're just a bit uneducated.

I'm not kidding though, you sound like an american tourist, tipping people all over the place. Sure they will take your money, but they get paid just fine here, and you won't have received better service because they weren't even expecting it. They just do their jobs, and take your money.

I'm surprised you haven't noticed that you're the only one tipping.
>>
File: won't insult your inteligence.gif (854 KB, 352x240) Image search: [Google]
won't insult your inteligence.gif
854 KB, 352x240
>>76504357
>Minimum wage here is about the same as USA when it comes to purchasing power.
>>
>>76504485
fair enough. I just buy beers and drink at home. Seems like a waste buying 1 glass at a time.
>>
I have never heard of tipping before going online, we don't tip in Macedonia.
>>
>>76504506

You're a real cheap cunt, I bet you fill up with E10, don't you?
>>
>>76504231
What I meant is that when someone comes in I don’t presume what they’re going to do based on past experiences with that group. The data about the groups is still accurate based on my experience, but everyone is an individual and gets treated as such. I don’t assume a black guy will be a bad tipper and treat him just like everyone else. Let’s just say that I’m not surprised when certain people leave bad tips. You develop an intuition about these things after thousands of hours doing a job.
>>
>>76504409
So you're a petty, petulant cunt?

It's fine to treat your tippers well, but being a passive aggressive child because someone didn't tip makes you a piece of shit.

>b-but my mixology degree!

You're barely worth more than some paco picked off the street corner and told to hand out drinks.
>>
I've never tipped anyone in my life. It should be the employers job to pay their workers, not me.
>>
>>76503421
>Some high end restaurants tried than in New York and San Francisco. They eliminated tipping and increased prices and started paying the kitchen staff a bit more. Guess what happened? All the best servers bailed to restaurants that do things the old way because they were losing tons of income to the non tipping system.
>Some high end restaurants in New York and San Francisco

>high end
>New York and San Francisco
Those're your problems right there. Obviously high end restaurants in wealthy cities are going to have waiters who get great tips.
>>
File: 1438318531495.png (42 KB, 170x130) Image search: [Google]
1438318531495.png
42 KB, 170x130
>>76499869
>I can make up moral obligations to suit my argument because I don't have any other avenue to coerce your decision.

They have a moral obligation to suck my proverbial balls.
>>
>>76504506
Maybe he just buys video games and anime figurines. If you're a NEET australia can be pretty expensive for everything except meme shirts.
>>
>>76504589
> You're a real cheap cunt, I bet you fill up with E10, don't you?
Dude I'm serious, if you have a job, ask your aussie colleagues if they tip. They will all reply with "huh?" "you tip?".

It's an abnormal thing I promise you.
>>
They just want the tip man give them the fucking tip
>>
>>76503421
>Eliminate tipping and serving becomes a job for teenagers
It already is. It's literally one of the most stereotypical teenager jobs. Not in bars obviously.
>>
>>76499869
I take the bills and leave the coins behind in good restaurants I go regularly. Never tip in fast foods.
>>
>>76504499
Yeah I know. /pol is no place to be a Jew. Nonetheless, we’re the smartest people on Earth and you all know it which is why you hate us. Understandably. It’s very intimidating to be in the presence of your superiors.
>>
>>76499869
I find the culture of automatic tipping very strange.
If you feel you've received exceptional service and want to show your gratitude by paying a bit extra that's nice, but I don't see why there should be an assumed policy of hidden charges that are expected to be paid.

>employing people for $2 an hour.
That's some disgusting shit right there.
>>
>>76504693

That doesn't make it OK, I probably make more money than you as well, idiot. Yet I can tip fine?
>>
>>76504602
well in my restaurant people fawn over wealthy patrons trying to get tips

once we had some people come in sharing one meal between three because they were so poor, the other waiters wouldn't even give them fucking side plates; they had them all passing around the bowl taking turns

maybe SOME waiters treat everyone the same regardless of who tips and who doesn't, I know I do

but you can't honestly say that the majority of service staff re like that, the truth is when you let the rich tip, the poor end up getting left out in the cold
>>
File: 1465229113001.jpg (197 KB, 800x705) Image search: [Google]
1465229113001.jpg
197 KB, 800x705
Tipping is one of the most retarded things murricans invented, and we had to import that bullshit to Germany as well even though the situation doesn't apply. Just pay your staff properly in the first fucking place.
I'm glad I never had to worry about tipping during my many times spent in Japan, where customers are naturally treated like kings without bullshit like this.
>>
File: 1464853660263.jpg (46 KB, 470x414) Image search: [Google]
1464853660263.jpg
46 KB, 470x414
>>
>>76500535
>There are zero logic in tipping.
Nope. There is logic.
1. It is price discrimination. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Price_discrimination
>The purpose of price discrimination is generally to capture the market's consumer surplus.

2. It is https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Product_bundling Good feels been bundled products in this case.
>>
>>76504615
Either you want to drink in a bar or you don’t. People that don’t tip in American bars are being intentionally incorrigible or obtuse. You know what you’re supposed to do so you do it.
>>
>>76504750
>gas guzzler
>runs a bar
>complains that people don't pay his employees enough for him
There aren't nearly enough parenthesis available for this level of coincidence
>>
My dad only tips 10% . It's so embarrassing
>>
There's no custom to tip here, my "tip" is the change that is left because I'm too lazy to wait for.
>>
>>76504849

>that image

How about spending money on your military so we can?
>>
>>76499869
I have worked in a restaurant and I think tipping is a good idea. This is coming from a massive autist.

It ensures that the waiters and the runners who run the food do their best with the customers. If I didn't get tipped and instead only got paid hourly I certainly wouldn't have put in as much work as I did. It also forced me to overcome my literal autism and helped me relax socially.
>>
>>76499869
I would prefer not to tip, but if I don't tip them they don't really get their full pay so I do it.
>>
>>76504775
I think you're missing the point. It's not an australian thing to do. You seriously throw money around at servers just so you can say to the person next to you in your american accent "didgereedoo mate, why aren't you tipping? you cheap or poor or something?"

It's not about being rich or poor, it's just weird. You just admitted you don't tip the guy at the servo. Why not? you cheap or something? I prolly make more money than you that's why.
>>
>>76504775
this is the americn mindset all over, disgusting

>hurr durr greedy people don't tip

tipping is an offense to a socialist society, when tips go up the minimum wage just goes down to match

does the kitchen get tipped for an exeptional soup, or does the girl in the low cut top who caries it?

pull your head out of your arse
>>
>>76504959
pretty sure theyre not allowed
>>
>>76499869
This is so fucking racist.
>>
>>76504862
Ow the edge
>>
>>76504849
>Tipping is one of the most retarded things murricans invented
It is just maximum kikery. Having same roots as F2P and microtransactions models. Yeah, cancer.
>>
>>76504915
>you know what you're supposed to do so you do it

If I'm in a bar, the only thing I'm supposed to do is buy drinks and then drink them. I'm not supposed to pay you extra dosh for doing your job.

You, you petulant cunt, are supposed to serve me. If you half ass your job because "muh tips", then you're a shit employee. There's nothing special about your position as a bartender that would illicit extra monetary compensation from the customer; and you know it. You know it, and so you create a reason for customers to tip you by treating them like shit if they don't.

Sincerely hope you get a baseball bat to the face for being such an entitled cunt.
>>
>>76499869
>We do not pay our workers enough and not going to
>But this is your fault, because you are so evil
Why this is considered normal?
>>
>>76504638
My point being that I don’t care what people do in other places. I live in San Francisco. It’s the most expensive place to live outside maybe Manhattan or Hawaii. Without getting paid in tips an amount consistent with the cost of living here, you simply won’t be able to get anyone good to do the job because it’s just too demanding and requires a certain level of professionalism that not just any minimum wage immigrant or teenager can do. These are restaurants where people are spending $200 a person minimum for dinner and drinks. If you’re paying that much, you’re going to expect the food to be perfect and the service to be perfect. And perfect service doesn’t come cheap. Someone who can’t learn the menu or deal with the workload will be fired rather quickly.
>>
File: 56456.jpg (69 KB, 501x585) Image search: [Google]
56456.jpg
69 KB, 501x585
>>76505194
>Why this is considered normal?
>>
>>76505194
americans don't really get socialism

they think everyone should take what they can, and that those who arn't getting enough just arn't trying
>>
>>76499869
>HOW DARE YOU NOT GIVE ME FREE MONEY, I *DESERVE* IT!
Give them a feel the bern sticker
>>
>>76501420
Majority of homeless aren't on the streets. They hang at friends and family members until they either get their shit together or simply out stay their welcome.

The sad divorcee driven out of his own house and who is sleeping on a friends couch is technically a homeless person.
>>
>>76501130
Someone tipped once when I was working in a Chicken Treat a few years ago. The cashier didn't know what to do and called the manager. The manager understood what tipping was but didn't really know what to do either, might have been worried about tax reporting IDK. Eventually it ended up in the till.
>>
>>76505195
Nobody is forcing you to live in San Francisco.
>>
>>76505195
Or we can just have your useless and wasteful position eliminated all together, then cooks and food runners could get the higher wages they deserve.
>>
>>76504800
It might be different where you are. I never know in my bar who is rich and who isn’t if I’ve never dealt with them before. As far as regulars go, I know who has money and who doesn’t and I more or less expect the same from both. If you’re super poor, you probably can’t afford to drink in a bar. If you’re rich, it doesn’t mean I expect a higher tip because you can afford it. Many rich people happen to leave bigger tips either because they like you or they want you to like them. And to some extent they are buying your friendship. But for the most part I genuinely only like the people I like and don’t necessarily pretend to like people just to get a bigger tip.
>>
>>76505131
To be fair waiters and people who work in restaurants do make less so you're sort of obliged to tip (if the waiter does a good job of course). If you want to remove tips you first have to increase the minimum wage in restaurants.

That said I think tips are a good thing but don't act like a faggot and NEVER tip just because you can get away with it. Good jobs shall be rewarded, tip those who do good and don't tip those who do bad.
>>
>>76505195
not enough pay= can't attract good staff

it's a reasonable argument, but why tips; not just a higher wage?

a restaurant that demands more of staff and (presumably) makes more profit can pay higher than minimum wage if they want to
>>
>tipping someone
why would i do that? i could of course give someone more money if he did his job right, but with job i mean replacing my windows or something, not giving me a fucking plate
>>
>>76505131
How do you get more than one drink and not tip? I’m still waiting for you to explain how that works? What bartender would put up with you?
>>
why do you ameriniggers still have this archaic tipping system?
why not just include the service in the price
>>
>>76505334
How autistic is Australia? Either shoot it along the front crew, or put it toward the next order
Fuck
I'm a butcher and someone tried to to me for cutting them a bunch of fat ass steaks, I had to tell them to piss off cause I don't handle currency while I'm on the job, cash is kosher, I'm cutting pork chops
>>
>>76500787
You've got it backwards anon.
Tipping is the Jewish ruse. It's a way to cut labor cost and pass it on to your customers. Easy way to make now shekels.
>>
>>76505436
Or people can just pay 2 dollar maintenence fee for the robot to automatically serve the drinks and not hear your bitchy ass whine the whole fucking night. Hell, we could make it 3 dollars to include the alcohol costs
>>
In my country we tip doctors and judges and state officials. Good job must be rewarded, da? Waiters can go fuck themselves though unless they bring me extra stuff I won't have to pay for.
>>
Never tipped before. I'm not their employer. I of course say thank you and that should be more than enough.
>>
>>76505659
Ivan, those aren't tips, those are called bribes
>>
>>76505355
I was born here. But that’s irrelevant. If you don’t pay me, someone else who lives here has to do the job. No one is going to commute from outside the city for a shitty paying job when there are tons of shitty jobs elsewhere. It doesn’t matter what the job is, people here get paid more because it costs more to live here. So the janitors make more, the teachers, etc. It’s a cost of living adjustment. Not tipping a server in a major expensive city just isn’t tolerated. You just won’t be allowed to come back. We have so much money and business here that we don’t need the few people that don’t tip.
>>
>>76505439
>waiters are paid less by their employers, therefore it's the customer's job to close that gap

This is your logic. This is how fucking retarded you sound. The employers need to compensate their employees.

Bottom line, there's almost never a reason to tip the waiter. It's their job to take your order to the kitchen, and then bring that order back to the table when it's ready; and the reason they're doing it instead of big screen where customers press some buttons and get their orders put in is because it's more pleasant to be served by a human being. That's literally their fucking job, to be the human being taking orders and serving food.

Let's say my waiter was fantastic. Made me feel welcome and was very attentive. Good, that's their fucking job.

Let's say my meal was especially delicious, and my $20 steak was so good I would have gladly paid $30 for it. Why should I tip my waiter? Did they cook my steak? No. All they did was walk it out to me. I'd rather go into the kitchen and hand an extra $10 directly to the guy who cooked my steak.

Fuck waiters. They're entitled, whiny cunts.
>>
>>76501284
I know some old people go for breakfast buffet then stay to eat lunch, but all day is probably pushing it.
>>
>>76505547
Because it's your fucking job. God damnit, Bernie lost get the fuck off the computer now.
>>
>>76505547
You pay for them. That's how a bar works. You pay for a drink, and you get a drink.
>>
>>76499869
Why don't you decide on a meal-by-meal basis? If the server is shitty, no tip. If the server does well, tip. That simple
>>
>>76505422
In a high end restaurant, the patrons have enough money that they’re not concerned about tipping servers. It wouldn’t even occur to them that the servers shouldn’t get tipped. Anyone with any experience or class knows this.
>>
>>76505735
>you just won't be allowed to come back
There are plenty of other restaurants.
>>
>>76505547
If you're asking about the logistics, he could have the drinks on his tab, and he just pays at the end and doesn't tip
>>
>>76500348
And I'd bet you don't even tip your ISP. God damned bastard
>>
>>76503653

I'm pretty fucking sure that most bars have bouncers and you just fill up drinks and text your numale boyfriend the entire time time working your shift.
>>
>>76500348
>not tipping your deliveryman
>>
>>76505436
look I believe you man, I worked as barman and I was the same

but we are the minority in that system
when you have tips people start
A. only employing attractive staff
B. customers trying to buy special favors, which can range for you recommending a restaurant/hotel to a blowjob
C. employees expecting tips from everyone
D. people who don't want to tip feeling unwelcome

you can do the right thing in the system, but that doesn't make the system right

I'l tell you story, at my restereunt we had this guy in, he was a regular; and he was filthy rich
the owner would shmooze him, he'd get his favourite table etc etc
well the owner always told us to give him better service, even at the expense of everyone else, his drinks would come faster, his meals would skip the que
he alwys tipped really well, and not many people here tip at all, just change they don't want

so anyway he starts to think he owns the place, starts flirting with the girls
they put up with it because he alwys tipped them more nd they needed the money

one day I catch him touching one of out waitresses, and I ask her afterwards if she was seeing him and she burst out crying

she said she wanted him to stop but she didn't know how to tell him and she needed the money

I told him not to come back, and he never did.
but I was about thirty seconds from stabbing him then and there in the place

make your own mind up man, but from what I've seen tipping leads to an ugly dynamic where the wealthy get funny ideas about what they pay for
>>
>>76505468
It’s been tried. The good servers lost a large part of their incomes. Honestly higher menu prices would not make up enough money to cover the huge tips some really experienced servers can make. In some places servers make $700-1000 a night. The profit margins are just too razor thin for restaurants to raise prices that high to cover that kind of wage. And of course it’s not worth it for those servers to stick around.
>>
>>76505706
Only when you can't tip the police.
>>
>>76505872
I bet he doesn't tip the mailman either
>>
>>76502983
>dutch
>tipping
Kek
>>
>>76505797
In a bar the customer doesn’t determine what my job is, I determine who is still even a customer allowed in the bar. I have the booze. You want it, you have to tip. That’s the deal, take it or leave it.
>>
>>76506009
There's no such thing as a good server. You guys don't do fucking shit. You really don't, so stop acting like your job matters or that your good at it. It's not hard to watch a section of tables and fill up drinks.
>>
>>76499869
I only agree with tipping when I caused additional effort to the normal work effort of the person. I.e. special orders, multiple orders, delivery service etc.
>>
>>76506145
Then ill just be speaking to your general manager and have you taken off the schedule.
>>
>>76505842
There are thousands of restaurants in San Francisco. But if you don’t want to tip don’t expect to go back to the same one very many times. Or you can go to a taqueria or chinese joint. They don’t expect much and will take your money no matter what.
>>
>>76506145
Why don't you tell your boss that and see what happens? If I ever deal with a bartender being a fucking faggot I'll walk straight up to the manager.
>>
>>76506009
>servers make a k per night
>but you're a bad goy if you don't add to their shekel pile
Ya, nahh, you're a kike
>>
>>76500248
"That guy won't pay 2$ to our waiting staff specifically after buying a 30$ meal? Pah! I don't need such customers!"
Retard.
>>
>>76505547
One that isn't a greedy kike?
>>
>>76506009
well look at the high-end of town it creates a super-competative model
that's the upside of capitalism, always has been
some patrons are prepared to pay more if they get more liberty in how they pay (tips not higher meals), I won't deny it

but that's the 2% man, that's not every diner in chicago, that's not mcdonalds

when you make a system where only the best can make it, often you loose the safety net for everyone else
you end up with a cut-throat industry

not that part of it is the choice of the participants, I don't think it's imoral

but the other side of it IS imoral, and that's where tips are a substitute for a living wage, where unatractive people are out of work because they can't make ends meat in the service industry

I work with my best mate and he's a chef
I get tips, he doesn't
how is that fair?
he isn't paid on a competitive basis, he can't just up and move to somewhere that will pay him more
>>
>>76499869
Tipping used to be a sign of a happy customer being thankful for satisfactory service. Tipping was not expected but rather an addition for a good service given straight to the one serving.

Now the entitled bastards decided that they will demand it. If I entered establishment with such a sign, most likely I'd leave, but should I stay I would refuse to tip at the end of the service, tell them exactly why, and moreover that it's their boss and their own morality which are cheap if anything.
>>
>>76506150
here is your (you)

I don't know who spat in your soup but you don't care about tipping, you just think service jobs arn't a profession and I don't have the time or inclination to educate you
>>
Tip if the service is good

Tipping actually benefits you if you go to the place frequently and the servers aren't shit, since they tend to remember who tips them well/often and will give you extra good service for it

That being said, am I obliged to tip if the service isn't to my liking? Fuck no, and I'm not going to say I'm not tipping beforehand because I don't know how the service is yet
>>
>>76505872
Assuming the bar takes credit cards or keeps tabs. I’m usually fairly reluctant to run tabs for strangers, and almost never on a busy friday or saturday night. Bartender makes the rules. Of course if you do run tabs then that is a risk you do take. You could get stiffed at the end. Usually I’ll let it go. Sometimes I’ll just throw away the receipt, reprint it, and give myself an %18 tip which is our policy if you don’t leave a signed receipt. No one ever complains and if they do, the minimum amount of credit card fraud needed for the police to get involved in San Francisco is $2000. But generally I don’t do that. The people that don’t suck make up for the people that do. And the majority of the people are cool. But that happened to my server tonight. $400 tab. Brits decided not to tip. She got screwed. But they’re never coming into the bar again. Lifetime 86
>>
>>76506417
Servers only enter in the orders, fill drinks up and get the person their check. It's not fucking rocket science. They don't deserve more than 4 dollars for that service. It's not shit.
>>
Eh I'd rather the server get the money then the owner, the ultimate owner usally being the usery bank Jew that took no real risk (either the interest gets paid or the bank gets the land)
>>
>>76506417
Do you tip electricians? Do you tip the mailman? Do you tip Plumbers? Do you tip the programmers who programmed the device you are now using? Do you tip the chinks manufacturing the parts that make the device you're using? Why not? you cheap or something?
>>
>>76506417
They're not a profession. Playing fetch isn't a profession. Your job isn't skilled labor. It's a job any dumb fuck can do, and it's populated almost entirely by dumb fucks. The type of dumb fucks who will gladly take less than minimum wage on their paychecks and then bitch about customers who didn't tip high enough.

That's what kind of dumb fucks make up the server "profession". You dumb fuck.
>>
>>76505570
Bear in mind its a fast-food takeaway with no service. But this manager had a couple years experience as a manager and more as a cashier, and seems had never had to deal with a tip before. Tipping basically doesn't happen, its more likely someone made a mistake in their change.
>>
File: hqdefault (4).jpg (19 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (4).jpg
19 KB, 480x360
>>76499869
>Here's a tip, get a REAL job!
>>
>>76506462
Most people tip even with bad service, out of fear of being yelled at. Your hypotheticals are just that, hypothetical.
>>
>>76500065
fpbp

Waiters aren't forced to take that job, employment is voluntary and requires consent. The laws that allow for cheap hiring of waiters is the fault of the government interfering in the free market and nothing to do with customers so the complaints should go to the government.
>>
>>76506145

I think (hope) anon is taking the piss out of you, not even /pol/tards are that autistic. Or maybe he's one of those young twats that never had a job.

Good services is essential if you want to have a good time and being a good tipper is the best way to get that.

People that can't afford to tip should stay at home where they can get hammered on pbr and be miserable cunts all night.
>>
>>76505999
It can have an ugly dynamic. But we don’t allow anyone to abuse our staff. We have lots of douches who tip like shit who also try to touch the waitresses because of their own sense of what they think they’re entitled to. The girls will just kick them out, and if they don’t go then it’s up to me to get them out. Money can certainly make things turn ugly if you have workers that aren’t moral or principled and are looking to hustle. We don’t employ people like that. We try to treat everyone well and expect the same in return. It’s reciprocal.
>>
I never tip as sometimes you don't know if the product was good or not a while after.
>>
>>76506775
*until a while after
>>
>>76506150
Sounds like you’ve never spent more than $40 at the Olive Garden my friend. You’ve never been in a Michelin star rated restaurant.
>>
>>76506521
look man, I don't like tipping, I don't like people tipping me if you'd believe it

but a waiter has to remember where every table on the floor is up to, what they ordered, how long each has been waiting, they know the menu, the allergies on the menu, they have to do catchier work, they have to pour drinks evenly at lightning speed, they work with difficult customers

bartenders spend years working on mixers, balancing ice densities, they learn to pour beer properly, to decant wine, to pair spirits in cocktails (a profesion in it'self), and to pair wine with food (also a profession in it'self)

I'm not going to tell you it's rocket science, but it's no easier than being a plasterer, welder, working in a shop.

please don't demean an a field of employment that keeps 20% of the world fed
>>
>>76505751
You are expected to tip though. If you don't want to tip the salary has to be raised for runners. Living in the UK and having worked at a restaurant here I know that the salary alone is enough and that tipping is just a nice bonus (which is why only 1/10 people tip here). That being said if I made less than three dollars per hour I'd need a tip to survive. Employers aren't going to fucking pull up the wages because the law doesn't force them to. I also know this because I literally work in the restaurant business and oversee several restaurants - and it's completely understandable. In the US tip is almost a must because of the low wages the servers get.
>>
File: 1464511499642.jpg (95 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
1464511499642.jpg
95 KB, 600x800
>>76499869
I always tip but if I saw this sign I would make a point out of not tipping. It's a bonus for a service well-rendered, I don't owe you shit.
>>
>>76506218
We’re a real bar, not a fucking Friday’s or shitty corporate bar. I have no manager. I am the bartender. I am the manager. The only one who can get me fired is me. After 12 years there is nothing a customer could do to get me fired. A good bartender who puts cash in the safe night after night, year after year, doesn’t steal, doesn’t drink or do drugs, is worth losing a busybody like you. A good bar owner always sides with good employees. Always. Their business depends upon good staff that can manage the place when they’re not there.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 32

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.