[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ISIS Releases Footage Of Destroying The Ancient Gates Of Ninevah
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 110
Thread images: 18
File: goatfuckers.png (408 KB, 636x569) Image search: [Google]
goatfuckers.png
408 KB, 636x569
THOUGHTS?
link http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=57c_1465315987
>>
>>76454309
RACE WAR NOW!
>>
>>76454309
Wow dust monkeys destroying a bunch of already destroyed shit in irrelevant dust monkey land.
Please, tell me more.
>>
>>76454309

Mosul is not a christian city, so the description is simply wrong.
>>
>>76454466
Missing the big picture:
They're mentally fucked up enough to "destroy" an ancient ruins that's centuries old.

They'll do the same to anything that doesn't mesh with their bullshit.
>>
>>76454799
Don't pretend to care about something you never heard about before.
Sunnis do this all the time. Pretty sure they destroyed most of mecca.

It was a pile of rubble and now it's a pile of rubble. As long as they're just modern architecture enthusiasts and not murdering people.
>>
>>76454799
1000s but I agree
>>
>>76454799
If it's not the alamo, lady liberty, or the white house I don't give a fuck.
>>
>>76454309
Who cares? Americans do the same to Native American historical sites.
>>
File: 1400456884287.jpg (131 KB, 400x570) Image search: [Google]
1400456884287.jpg
131 KB, 400x570
>>76454309

>ISIL continues to display deplorable behavior
>the United States and it's allies continue to make progress in slowing ISIL's progress
>>
>>76455679
I hate you
>>
>>76454799

>centuries
millennia boi. That city is older than the earth is in the bible, christian
>>
>>76454309
if the gates were monuments to hate speech, the Left would be all for it; much like they support the destruction of Nazi or CSA monuments.
>>
>>76456117

>the United States and it's allies continue to make progress in slowing ISIL's progress

Uhh, I think you mean Russia.
>>
File: 1430245411460.png (220 KB, 355x341) Image search: [Google]
1430245411460.png
220 KB, 355x341
>>76455879
>Native American historical sites
>>
>>76454799
no one cares
>>
I approve. Not like the ancient cultures of the middle east were worth preserving. None of them built anything comparable to European architecture. Wish someone did that to ancient Iranian artifacts so these "persian" cunts wouldnt be spamming ugly reproductions everywhere on the east coast.
>>
>>76455879
Native American historical sites?

You mean a fucking camp fire.

Many many moons ago............
>>
File: islam.jpg (72 KB, 640x512) Image search: [Google]
islam.jpg
72 KB, 640x512
Not surprised. Muslims gonna muslim. Destroying cultures to make place for Islam is muslim business as usual.
>>
>>76455679
Damn, an American with a limited cultural baggage: unexpected.
>>
>>76455506
Sure, most probably haven't heard of the sites they destroy, but we will never have these things again. Its human history literally being erased from the face of the planet
>>
File: 1385964936217.gif (1 MB, 233x291) Image search: [Google]
1385964936217.gif
1 MB, 233x291
>>76454309
I don't understand the Islamic State at all. What exactly do they have to gain by doing things to piss the entire rest of the world off? Are they all secretly trying to commit elaborate suicide? Trying to get their 72 virgins faster?
>>
>>76455506
>never heard of the Gates of Nineveh

Europeasant pls; I thought you were supposed to be smug and better educated than us Americans
>>
File: 1463952165643.jpg (785 KB, 2560x1600) Image search: [Google]
1463952165643.jpg
785 KB, 2560x1600
i mean they're destroying eastern culture, so they BTFO themselves I guess. nice one retards.

If they did that to Western artifacts though I'd be ultra triggered
>>
Anybody else legitimately concerned that they'll use sleeper agents in Europe to destroy something of major Western historical value, like the Colosseum or Louvre?
>>
>>76457544
They're not doing it to piss people off, they're doing it because the archaeological sites are attached to previous civilizations that were pagan/ idolaters. Its haram so in their mind, it must be destroyed.
>>
>>76457648
>Gates of Nineveh
I honestly couldn't give less of a shit about Asian and middle eastern cultures. All of their civilizations were nepotistic shitholes build around a worthless, uncreative race.

>european cultures
>ancient american cultures
>ancient african cultures
>asian cultures
>>
>>76457726
Destroying the Louvre would redpill tens of millions of normies. I'd take it
>>
>>76454309
Why not rebuild ancient ruins? I never understood the idea behind leaving them ruins. Like, why not repair the Roman Forum and Colosseum? Why not rebuild the Parthenon?
>>
>>76457916
No, they just destroy old shit
As I said, they happily destroy their own islamic historical sites too.
>>
Isn't /pol/ supposed to be applauding ISIS for shit like this after the "Muh Baal Temple" incident?
>>
File: lambrightPLAN.jpg (121 KB, 1024x654) Image search: [Google]
lambrightPLAN.jpg
121 KB, 1024x654
>>76454309
ISIS= ISrael.
>>
>>76458059
They've tried in the past, but they tend to fuck it up and do a bad job, while also damaging the original structure
>>
>>76457980
My condolences
>>
File: cultural enrichment.gif (2 MB, 310x170) Image search: [Google]
cultural enrichment.gif
2 MB, 310x170
>>76454309
/pol/ BTFO
>>
>>76458059
Tourists like ruins
>>
>>76454309
They will destroy everything so there is nothing of value except land for oil wells and pipelines.
>>
File: FiveYearsNeglectAndArson.jpg (436 KB, 1020x1881) Image search: [Google]
FiveYearsNeglectAndArson.jpg
436 KB, 1020x1881
>>76456394
after a few hundred years everything starts to look the same anyways.
> the pyramids of egypt are permanently disfigured forever because some nameless cunt forgotten to history needed marble for his palace
> yes, marble, the entire area of the pyramids were covered in it up to the top keystone, which is what it originally looked like
> oh, and it was painted, too.

>>76455506
>Don't pretend to care about something you never heard about before.
I appreciate the art and effort people go into building things.
What the ruling class sunnis do to mecca (which they own and control completely) isn't destruction in their mind, or even from a technical standpoint; it's a necessary renovation to handle the amount of bodies that pass through the area constantly.
The entire location is one big and constant construction site, because the idiots have built the largest tourist trap and cult centered on exploiting tourists, ever. Ultimately there won't be any original part of mecca left, at which point the religion will either be so obviously corrupted it collapses (hello catholics!) or everyone is so fucking retarded no one gives a shit and continues to be a tourist feeding the beast.
Probably both.
>>
>>76454799

The fact that you care so much about it is why it must be destroyed.
>>
>>76455879

>Native American historical sites

The only one I'm aware of is a fucking big mound of dirt and it's not destroyed.
>>
>>76457250
>>76458299
>>76454309
Fucking barbarians, im so triggered
>>
>>76457980
They were living in a sophicasted civilization while the europeans were nothing but pissant tribals. At least have a little respect.
>>
>>76458340
This. If ISIS destroys all the relevant historical artifacts there, I would have 0, absolutely 0, qualms with just glassing the entire Middle East, from Israel to Afghanistan. Fuck Islam.
>>
File: SHITHEADS.jpg (83 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
SHITHEADS.jpg
83 KB, 400x400
>>76455879
BEADS
>>
>>76457980
>European cultures
>East Asian Cultures
>
>
>
>African cultures
>
>
>
>
>your opinion
>>
>>76458545
>gassing
Iphone fucking with your spelling, it seems.
>>
>>76457544

They do it because Islam is the most dull culture in history.
Everything beyond essential buildings must either be a fucking Mosque or else it's destroyed.
>>
When I consider every thing that grows
Holds in perfection but a little moment,
That this huge stage presenteth nought but shows
Whereon the stars in secret influence comment;
When I perceive that men as plants increase,
Cheered and cheque'd even by the self-same sky,
Vaunt in their youthful sap, at height decrease,
And wear their brave state out of memory;
Then the conceit of this inconstant stay
Sets you most rich in youth before my sight,
Where wasteful Time debateth with Decay,
To change your day of youth to sullied night;
And all in war with Time for love of you,
As he takes from you, I engraft you new.
>>
>>76458781
No, he isn't. Nuclear explosions turn the ground beneath the blast into glass.
>>
>>76454309
It's year zero for Iraq. The new Islamic State is theocratic and extremist which means they can't tolerate the infidels and their culture. The only cultures in society must be Muslim and that is dominated by Sharia law which is the law of Allah.
>>
>>76457393
If you stop them from destroying monuments, they win Canada.

Keep that moral high-ground while you still have your beaver dams or whatever you consider monuments over there intact.
>>
>>76458781
nukes turn sand to glass. gas the kikes, glass the muds
>>
File: Screenshot_1.jpg (325 KB, 1655x995) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_1.jpg
325 KB, 1655x995
Like clockwork
>>
>>76458420
Is that detroit?
>>
>>76458779
>weeb
Whatever kawaii desu senpai
>>
File: temp5.png (457 KB, 640x444) Image search: [Google]
temp5.png
457 KB, 640x444
Arch of Septimius Severus.

The world will never EVER get this back. I don't know about you fags, but news about destroyed historical/ archeological makes me rage. Not because I cared before, just because nobody will ever be able to appreciate these original structures again
>>
>>76459136
>respecting other civilisations makes me a weeb
There's no denying that the Japanese and Chinese are and always have been an incredibly successful peoples.
Why am I even replying to ad hominem bullshit from some inbred yank
>>
File: 1455694659793.jpg (107 KB, 606x960) Image search: [Google]
1455694659793.jpg
107 KB, 606x960
>tfw ISIS will eventually destroy Vatican because the (((pope))) loves islam
it didn't have to end this way
>>
>>76459064
>he can't even defend his worthless opinions
Nice. Is parroting JIDF divide and conquer memes the best you can do, or do you "not give a fuck"?
>>
>>76458542

>Whitey was living in da caves.

Europeans were not shitting their own pants and wearing bearskins during the Iron age lad

European "Tribes" were not as primitive as the ones from the new world or Africa.
>>
>>76458697
Shitposting aside, land doesn't have any actual value until it's being used. The natives of the americas thought they were pranking whitey, but didn't realise how fucked they'd be once europe started colony dropping to back up the land "traded for beads" deals.
They were the ultimate short-term stock trader, and they got fucked by their own hubris.
>>
>>76459314
It pisses me off to no end myself. I would rather genocide every living being in the Islamic world than have them destroy another ancient monument like that. Imagine if they got to the fucking Acropolis, or the Great Pyramids. Destroying those would be worse than 9/11.
>>
>>76459115
do you believe me when i say yes?
>>
>>76459314
The worst thing is, Muslims do not share the solidly Western idea that reality is outside our grasp and can never be perfectly modelled, so we must respect the limitations of our own idea. The Muslim idea, like the Chinese, is that censorship overwrites history, instead of merely injuring its study.
>>
>>76459631
this is where letting them int our nations via rapefugees comes into play. shit is going to be run through the fan.
>>
The reason the Pantheon in Greece is such a piece of shit is because Turkroaches stored a bunch of explosives in their once and they blew up.

They destroy culture when not even trying to by just being fucking retarded.
>>
IT KEEPS HAPPENING BRO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_Qpy0mXg8Y

This shit is as old as time itself. Please remove kebab Putin and Ivan.
>>
>>76455506
>Don't pretend to care about something you never heard about before.

the fact that it's all in the middle east makes me care even less

it's their heritage they're destroying, not mine

their time will come
>>
>>76459832

The Acropolis rather. Why the fuck did I say Pantheon
>>
>>76459499
There were a ton of early European settlements, some of the earliest, but aside from Gozo, Comino, Britain, Mann, and Eastern Europe, there really aren't any ancient structures that are still standing. Jericho was first settled 9,000 BC. The ruins in Malta were dated to around 10,000 BC.
>>
>>76459832
Pretty sure that was deliberate.
>>
Let me guess, this thread is full of edgy teenagers going DEYRE JUST ROKS DUR
>>
I met a traveller from an antique land,
Who said—“Two vast and trunkless legs of stone
Stand in the desert. . . . Near them, on the sand,
Half sunk a shattered visage lies, whose frown,
And wrinkled lip, and sneer of cold command,
Tell that its sculptor well those passions read
Which yet survive, stamped on these lifeless things,
The hand that mocked them, and the heart that fed;
And on the pedestal, these words appear:
My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings;
Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal Wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away.”
>>
Just assume anything historically significant in the Middle East to be destroyed already. It's all collateral damage in the wars to come.
>>
Soon there will be nothing left to avoid carpet-bombing.
>>
>>76460250
Just march through from Turkey to China and kill everyone who is brown. Then spread a plague to Indonesia and Bangladesh.
>>
>>76460042

I never said anything about them building complex, long lasting structures? I was just saying they weren't as primitive as you were making them out to be.

European tribes during the Iron age had knowledge of metallurgy and agriculture. Sure these spread from the Middle East, but they weren't bum fucking around with wooden spears like Africans were.
>>
Sounds familiar, doesn't it?

>Among dozens of specific cases of Christians listed by our sources as “martyred” under Julian, it seems that the majority were actually killed by pagan mobs or by the secular authorities in retaliation for their provocative attacks against paganism—smashing idols, destroying temples, disrupting rituals. This fact is not only admitted but even celebrated by Christian sources, who without exception refer to the slain Christians as martyrs. In some cases, as at Merum, the Christian
assailants seem to have planned their attack in the full expectation and hope of being killed for it, and thus attaining the crown of martyrdom.
>>
>>76459732
It seems the only thing eastern nations are good at is destroying old things to make way for the new. I guess its why their culture/ society is still relatively primitive despite thousands of years of continuous """civilization""". They have absolutely no capacity to appreciate or build upon the past. As soon as they come up with a new idea, they completely wipe the drive.

ex:
Islam
Communism
Chinese cultural revolution

Not to imply that it hasn't happened in Europe before, but we've moved beyond that mentality ages ago.
>>
>>76460056

No, it was accidental. They'd turned it into a mosque at that time so weren't looking to damage it.

Proves my point though. If it can't be turned into a mosque it gets destroyed and even that doesn't always save the structure.

>Islamic """Culture"""
>>
>The anti-paganism policy of Constantius II lasted from 337 till 361. It was marked by laws and edicts that punished pagan practices.[4][5] Laws dating from the 350s prescribed the death penalty for those who performed or attended pagan sacrifices, and for the worshipping of idols;[4][37][38] temples were shut down,[2][5] and the Altar of Victory was removed from the Senate meeting house.[6] There were also frequent episodes of ordinary Christians destroying, pillaging, desecrating, vandalizing many of the ancient pagan temples, tombs and monuments.[7][8][9][10]

>In 357 Constantius removed the Altar of Victory in the Senate house because of the complaints of some Christian Senators. This altar had been installed by Augustus in 29 BCE; each Senator had traditionally made a sacrifice upon the altar before entering the Senate house. This altar was later restored, either silently, soon after Constantius' departure, or by the Emperor Julian.[6]
>>
>>76455879
What, like liquor stores?
>>
>>76454309
>Ninevah

It's almost like Nevaeh, was it name by the blacks?
>>
>>76454309
its pagan shit that doesn't belong on Jewish Clay
>>
>The anti-paganism policies of Theodosius I began in 381, following the first few years of his reign over the Eastern Empire. Theodosius reiterated Constantine's ban on pagan sacrifice and haruspicy on pain of death. He pioneered the criminalisation of Magistrates who did not enforce the anti-pagan laws. He broke up some pagan associations and destroyed pagan temples.

>Between 389-391 he issued the infamous "Theodosian decrees," which established a practical ban on paganism;[74] visits to the temples were forbidden,[73][75] remaining pagan holidays were abolished, the Sacred fire of Vesta in the Temple of Vesta in the Roman Forum was extinguished, the Vestal Virgins disbanded, auspices and witchcraft punished. Theodosius refused to restore the Altar of Victory in the Senate House when asked to do so by pagan Senators.

>In 392 he became emperor of the whole empire. From this moment till the end of his reign in 395, while pagans remained outspoken in their demands for toleration,[76][77] he authorized or participated in the killing of pagan priests, destruction of many temples, holy sites, images and objects of reverence throughout the empire[1][78][79][80][81] and participated in actions by Christians against major Pagan sites.[82] His later decrees were seen as effectively a declaration of war on traditional religious practices[12][13] and for anyone caught, was a death sentence, as well as an automatic confiscation of property, even for private familial rites within the home. However, it appears that many covertly still chose to do so in defiance of the edicts, despite the risk to their heirs.[83] He likely also suppressed the Ancient Olympic Games; the last record of the Olympics being celebrated in ancient Rome is from 393.[84]

Why can't Muslims be more like the Christians, who never destroyed any temples or idols of other religions and never killed people for having a different religion?
>>
>>76458299
>dat slowmo fall
>wasted.gif
>>
>>76461635

>if anybody did it in 392 it's fine for Muslims to do it now

t. regressive leftist
>>
>>76461282

I assume you're making the classic "Christians did bad stuff too!!" argument?

The difference is Christians aren't encouraged to destroy other cultures in Biblical scripture like Muslims are so they don't do it as often and the destruction can't be blamed on the Christian Religion.

ISIS take it to the extreme but many Islamic states in the past have participating in this cultural purging of what came before. It's the reason we basically know fucking nothing about Arabian Paganism.
>>
I think ISIS is a pretty stale meme. Does it still have legs?
>>
File: The prophet Nahum.jpg (210 KB, 432x500) Image search: [Google]
The prophet Nahum.jpg
210 KB, 432x500
>>76454309
Relevant.

Good on ISIS casting off the yoke of vain civilization though 2bh
>>
>>76454309
Doesn't bother me, I think we should glass the entire region.
>>
>>76461635
Because mi taco friend, christians dont want to kill and rape the goats of other people
>>
>>76454309
Shit like this no longer makes me angry because I realize that we'll destroy much, much more when we inevitably nuke the Muslims back to the stone age. This includes Europe.
>>
>>76454309
>ctrl-F WE WUZ KANGZ
>0 results

Come on /pol/ this could be used to get both nigger types into war with each other
>>
I personally wouldn't bat an eye if all the historical monuments in Britain were destroyed. They are taking up land space that MILLIONS of houses can be built on instead.

UK isn't exactly a large country and I rather we take out the old buildings that don't bring in tourists (aka money), rather than cutting down trees for modern buildings.
>>
>tfw you finally realize that ISIS and its ilk are products of the NWO to dissolve all traces of history
>>
>>76462592
I agree SHEKELS ÜBER ALLES
>>
>>76454309
there needs to be a massive war and genocide in the middle east
>>
>>76462592
Really if you think about it, historical buildings and settlement in general is pretty effeminate. Provides security and tying identity to things. Kind of like massive stone scrapbooks and photoalbums.
>>
>>76461635
>has to go back 1600 years to make his shitty point

laughin my ass off you beaner
>>
this infuriates me for multiple reasons. As an ancient history enthusiast (not ancient alien RESEARCHER FAGG) this triggers me on so many levels.

I've been following antiquity smuggling for awhile and one of the thibgs they would do is sell the originals, and then replace them with reproductions. Antiquity demolision should be akin to declaring war on the civilized world
>>
>>76462592
hi diane abbott
>>
>>76455879
Source? I thought American Indian historical sites had more protection than even Civil War battlegrounds. Heard quite a few stories of people trying to stop a Wal-Mart or parking lot from being built on or around a battleground, but never really the same with American Indian historical sites.
>>
File: baal's revenge.jpg (385 KB, 1002x1632) Image search: [Google]
baal's revenge.jpg
385 KB, 1002x1632
Fucking ISIS, destroying historical artifacts. I hpoe they all get burned by Satan.
>>
for anyone else thats interested in antiquity scams, theft, demolition, and the billionaires that fund the practice... check out dr. donna yates on twitter or

http://traffickingculture.org/projects/pgcerantiquities-trafficking-and-art-crime/
>>
>>76454309
>Release this boring shit but won't show us the acid videos

Fuck off. Fuck I've been here way too long.
>>
>>76454309

what a bunch of idiots.
>>
File: image.jpg (178 KB, 1520x1008) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
178 KB, 1520x1008
>>76464012
Pic related is a parking lot built around a graveyard.
>>
File: CanadianSummerCooker.jpg (47 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
CanadianSummerCooker.jpg
47 KB, 300x300
>>76467016
> putting a radioshack that fucking close to an indian burial ground

h-hope they don't s-sell TVs...
>>
Some sand nigger mud huts who cares
Thread replies: 110
Thread images: 18

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.