[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone else on here hate school? I do, and did. What's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
File: fuckschool.jpg (14 KB, 350x350) Image search: [Google]
fuckschool.jpg
14 KB, 350x350
Does anyone else on here hate school? I do, and did. What's funny is that they taught me things in school that are no longer correct: like to put two spaces after a period. Now we use one space.

Another think they taught me is to use short sentences. I can't tell you how many times the teacher accused me of using a run-on sentence. "I ate an apple. It was good. The apple was sweet." That's a fucking stupid way to write.

Good authors use long sentences. Check out this sentence from the book 'Nineteen Eighty-four' by George Orwell:

>To know and not to know, to be conscious of complete truthfulness while telling carefully constructed lies, to hold simultaneously two opinions which cancelled out, knowing them to be contradictory and believing in both of them, to use logic against logic, to repudiate morality while laying claim to it, to believe that democracy was impossible and that the Party was the guardian of democracy, to forget whatever it was necessary to forget, then to draw it back into memory again at the moment when it was needed, and then promptly to forget it again: and above all, to apply the same process to the process itself.

Now THAT'S a motherfucking sentence. I suppose some dipshit school teacher would like to mark it with red ink and call it a run-on sentence haha.

Anyone else share similar feelings on here? Fuck those overpaid, glorified babysitters known as teachers.
>>
Always use two spaces. You fool.
>>
>>76432167

Nope. It's one space now.
>>
File: 12.png (101 KB, 432x576) Image search: [Google]
12.png
101 KB, 432x576
>>76432030

god it really is summer isn't it?
>>
File: image.jpg (23 KB, 238x192) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
23 KB, 238x192
>>76432030
Tl;dr
>>
>>76432030
>Muh school
>>>/r/eddit
>>
>>76433026
LMAO XDDDDDDDDDD dsn't lik schol becuz he lizents too dumz teacerz xddd
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xe6nLVXEC0
is this you?
>>
>>76432030

>good authors use long sentence

Don't be a fucking pleb. It's not that simple. Literature isn't a matter of picking a silver bullet. For some genres, some styles and some intentions sometimes short sentences are the way to go. For other things, long sentences are a way to go.

The reason they taught you to use short sentences in school is because kids fuck up when trying to make long sentences. But thinking that a long sentence is inherently better is retarded. Sentences aren't dicks.
>>
>>76432030
Read some John Gatto.

Mass schooling is nothing more than tax payer funded daycare. It's not about education at all.

Ever notice how many "teachers" you had thru your schooling were female?
>>
>>76432030
I wish i could go back to being 16 and do the following
>drop out of high school (since they make you wait until 16 to drop out anyway)
>immediately go and earn my GED
>start at community college at 16
>be finished with associate's at 18
>transfer to university at 18 as a junior
>be finished by 20, 21 the latest
>sit and laugh at the useless degree i have, since i have been working as an independent reseller of goods since i was 16 years old anyway

eh but i am 23 now and have a year left with degree i don't need. have been working in shipping, import/export since 16 and investments since 19
>>
File: image.jpg (25 KB, 500x299) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
25 KB, 500x299
>>76432030
Sounds like someone is salty about summer school
>>
I learn more from Youtube videos than I have ever learnt in school.
>>
All summerfag jokes aside OP does have a point.
This is coming from a 22 year old in the trades. The public school system is a joke and pumps out retards like Bernie supporters. I think the only people who think for themselves realize how much brainwashing goes on.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.