[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What Sins should constitute blood atonement and not just be mortal
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: trannies.jpg (126 KB, 1500x660) Image search: [Google]
trannies.jpg
126 KB, 1500x660
What Sins should constitute blood atonement and not just be mortal sins?

So far I believe abortion, adultery, murder, rape, incest, miscegenation should fall into this category.

What penance should be made for other sins?
>>
What is this you call a mortal sin?

Romans tells us
>The wages of sin is death
And
>All have sinned and fall short of the glory of God

Doesn't this speak to equality of all sin in God's eyes?
>>
>>76377194

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mortal_sin

A mortal sin is a sin that will condemn you to hell if unforgiven

There are venial sins, mortal sins, original sin, ancestral sin, and eternal sin.
>>
>>76377388
I'm seeking to hear your justification of the doctrine because I'm confident it isn't scripturally supported

There isn't a clause to Romans 6:23, all sin deserves death and requires Jesus' sacrifice for forgiveness. To say there is sin not damning is downplaying the necessity of Christ.
>>
>>76377610
Multiple passages make it clear there are more severe levels of sin.

Matthew 12:30-32: "Whoever is not with me is against me, and whoever does not gather with me scatters. And so I tell you, people will be forgiven every sin and blasphemy. But the blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven. Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but anyone who speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the age to come."
Mark 3:28-30: "Truly I tell you, all sins and blasphemes will be forgiven for the sons of men. But whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will never be forgiven, but is guilty of an eternal sin. He said this because they [the Pharisees] were saying, ‘He has an evil spirit’."

The church outlined types of sin though various theological debates and declarations of the pope.
>>
>>76376856
Who cares?
>>
>>76378121
The Romanist church was and is wrong

Blasphemy against the spirit is unbelief, from which you can't ask forgiveness
>>
Alcoholics get boiling water poured down their throat
>>
>>76377610
1 John 5:16-17New Living Translation (NLT)

16 If you see a fellow believer[a] sinning in a way that does not lead to death, you should pray, and God will give that person life. But there is a sin that leads to death, and I am not saying you should pray for those who commit it. 17 All wicked actions are sin, but not every sin leads to death.

This is one of the passages the church uses to justify the categorization of sins and the existence of venial sin in the catechism

http://www.vatican.va/archive/ccc_css/archive/catechism/p3s1c1a8.htm
>>
Those who judge others get their tongues cut out.
>>
>>76378519
Judging others isn't a sin.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.