[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dear Americans
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: poll_vote1.jpg (26 KB, 480x320) Image search: [Google]
poll_vote1.jpg
26 KB, 480x320
I'm sure a lot of you know this, but I just want to make it clear exactly what is wrong with your electoral system.

The problem is that you have been tricked into subconsciously thinking of the Democrat and Republican parties as being important to American identity.

You get mad that these two parties have strange rules about electing candidates, but this is insane. They are just clubs. Like tennis clubs. If you think a tennis club has bad rules, you just don't think about it, and you go to another tennis club.

You need a voting system that allows you to cast a vote for a third party without helping your least favourite large party. Or at the very least, you need to destroy the stigma of "wasted votes".
>>
>>76370393
If you haven't noticed the democratic party has split permanently in two with republicans not far behind.

In 10 years there will be 4 parties with equal footing in the US. The party of the elites comprised of old establishment republicans and democrats, the bernie people, the trump people and the libertarians.
>>
File: image.jpg (175 KB, 732x1024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
175 KB, 732x1024
>>76370393
Its coming kiwi bro. Just give it time
>>
>>76370653
I hope so. It's odd to me that Americans can be so smart sometimes, but they often can't see the big picture of their own electoral system.

There's no escape, the prophecy of two big parties that everyone hates is written into the DNA of the system. It's not about any particular issue. It's literally just mathematics.
>>
>>76370534
>the democratic party has split permanently in two
Not permanently. Under your current system, splits (if they happen) will quickly result in the smaller fragments lumping together into two big parties again, possibly with a different grouping.
>>
File: image.jpg (136 KB, 736x736) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
136 KB, 736x736
>>76370866
I voted third party once. It was my first time and I didn't want to vote for Romney
>>
>>76370393
Can't do that without getting rid of 1st past the post. Third parties are a waste otherwise.
>>
>>76371772
It's true. That's what we did. But our elections aren't very important in the grand scheme of things, which is probably why we can change faster.

America is the most powerful country in history. You can learn something from the topics that never seem to come up. Why don't Americans talk about getting rid of FPTP much? It's literally the solution to what they are always complaining about.

Probably the answer is that neither party wants it to come up. And the parties control thought between them.
>>
The only thing wrong with the American electoral system is the same thing wrong with every Western electoral system. The fact that women, non-Whites, and people under 30 can vote.
>>
>>76371521
Romney was the first time since Bush Sr. that I didn't vote. He tipped his dirty Mormon hand on the right to bear arms (not gun control, the right to bear arms) and I suddenly couldn't find a candidate worth supporting.
>>
>>76372933
I can agree with this.
>>
>>76370393
Doesn't the electorial college just pick a winner if no party wins X% of the vote? Multiple parties would take the US from being a """"""""""Democracy"""""""""" to a flat-out oligarchy.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.