[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is Based Sam Harris so right about Trump?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 9
File: image.jpg (836 KB, 2393x3000) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
836 KB, 2393x3000
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kdDo1A7EsyM
>>
Look at that wormy little kike.

MAGA
>>
File: image.jpg (303 KB, 2000x1000) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
303 KB, 2000x1000
>>76368578
I'm pretty sure that's Ben Stiller..
>>
File: 1-1252a686e1.jpg (340 KB, 903x1209) Image search: [Google]
1-1252a686e1.jpg
340 KB, 903x1209
>>76368578
he's never been right about anything else in his sad little career, why would he be right about this?
>>
File: 1464759383408.png (32 KB, 300x250) Image search: [Google]
1464759383408.png
32 KB, 300x250
>>76368578
>Sam Harris
>Truthful Based God
Pick one
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENtlW-LEqu8
>>
>>76369024
Can't tell if bait. You know his stance on the Muslim faith, right?
>>
>>76369094
Yes, he got his start spouting hate speech about muslims on Fox News. I remember.
>>
>>76368887
nah it's seth green
>>
Sam Harris is a fraud:
>It’s not clear how long it took Harris to get his PhD. According to Wiki, he received his BA in Philosophy in 2000 and his PhD in Neuroscience in 2009. He, along with several others, published their work in PLoS ONE: The Neural Correlates of Religious and Nonreligious Belief

>Statistician William Briggs analyzed the contents of this paper in an in-depth, 7-part series that begins here.

I encourage you to read it all, as Briggs concludes:

During the course of my investigation of scientism and bad science, I have read a great many bad, poorly reasoned papers. This one might not be the worst, but it deserves a prize for mangling the largest number of things simultaneously. What is fascinating, and what I do not here explore, is why this paper was not only published but why it is believed by others. It is sure evidence, I think, that scientists are no different than anybody else in wanting their cherished beliefs upheld such that they are willing to grasp at any confirmatory evidence, no matter how slight, blemished, or suspect that evidence might be.

>I do not claim, and I do not believe, that Harris and his team cheated, lied, or willfully misled. I have given sufficient argument to show the authors wore such opaque blinders that they could not see what they were doing and so choose to write down that which they imagined they saw, which was a preconceived, incoherent concoction about how “Christians” would differ from “rational” thinkers.

https://shadowtolight.wordpress.com/2015/01/07/neuroscientist-sam-harris/
>>
God this guy is such a faggot. An unapologetic hill shill.
>Y-yeah I know she's a liar b-but vote for anyway. LE LESSER OF TWO EVILS xDD
Why do people unironically say this dude is based? Even Dawkins isn't this big of a faggot.
>>
>>76368578
(((Sam Harris)))
>>
>>76369169
All he does is state facts about Islam, last time I checked facts don't have feelings and they don't give a fuck about yours either, ahmed
>>
>>76369426
Not really. Watch his debate with Reza Aslan. He gets his "facts" from Fox News and other places that have huge financial investments in spreading the fear of terrorists.

Sam Harris is a fucking moron. Face it.
>>
>>76369285
PLOS One is a pay-to-publish journal. They'll publish anything as long as you pay their fees. Probably why they published Sam Harris' garbage
>>
>>76368578
One of the kings of fedora atheism. He makes me wish that I could believe in God.
>>
>>76369542
LOL
he blows reza aslan out of the water in that debate, are you high or just a muslim shill?
>>
File: image.jpg (114 KB, 780x690) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
114 KB, 780x690
You guys should try and bait Sam Harris into talking about racial differences in intelligence. He seems to be the type that has some semblance of integrity so I can't see him trying to squirm out of the overwhelming evidence without losing credibility.

He's got a huge audience and he calls himself a liberal, and it'd be hilarious to see how much more he'd be hated by other liberals (he calls them the regressive left or some other nonsense). Bait him in with some of you anti Semitic memes that you used on Shapiro and then ask him why he denies evolution or something when he accuses Christians of the doing same thing. Would be pretty funny to see.
>>
>>76369878
No he doesn't He can't cite any of his sources, he acknowledges he doesn't know much about middle eastern politics... he makes a fool of himself
>>
File: Jews on Trump 6.png (69 KB, 815x799) Image search: [Google]
Jews on Trump 6.png
69 KB, 815x799
>>76368578
Can you just summarize this shit for me? I need to know what column to put him in.
>>
>>76369975
his books are heavily cited
your only criticism seems to be "he's a fool" but can't substantiate anything
muslim defense force could not be more obvious
>>
>>76370073
"Retarded fedora jews"
>>
>>76370100
see
>>76369285

hes right about Muslims, but hes still a retard/liar/libshill
>>
>>76370100
Yes, heavily cited with cherry picked evidence to prove his point.

You and Sam Harris need to learn a thing or two about how the scholarly world works. He's just some gay pundit trying to stir up controversy and profit for himself.
>>
>>76370073
Walter Block likes Trump? I've been out of the libertarian loop for too long it looks like.
>>
>>76370277
give some examples then. which facts did he say that are wrong?

I don't understand why you'd think it's "stirring up controversy" to say facts about islam. Islamic countries have much higher rates of undesirable behaviors, and Europe is currently mass importing people from those countries. It's a perfectly reasonable topic to talk about, brushing it under the rug and dismissing people who point this shit out is what a leftist or a muslim does
>>
>>76370389

This is what I was going off of:

Walter Block Announces Formation of “Libertarians for Trump”

http://independentpoliticalreport.com/2016/03/walter-block-announces-formation-of-libertarians-for-trump/
>>
He is a hidden muslim and this fact should be obivious to every /pol/ anon who are older than 19 yo
>>
>>76370603
>>76370277
what are you afraid of?
>>
>>76368578
I listened in good faith up to 15:00, where Harris blows it big time.
>rounding up illegal aliens is horribly unethical
>implying the average American can afford an illegal gardener or housekeeper
>MUH GESTAPO
>they're doing the jobs Americans don't want to do
He's just spouting corporate shill talking points verbatim. His complete disconnect from the working class is why people like him simply cannot understand Trump.
>>
>>76371457
>I listened in good faith up to 15:00, where Harris blows it big time.
this is where i stopped listening too. Like seriously, who cares if they get rounded up in the middle of the night. They are there illegally, they dont pay half the taxes they should, they are responsible for like 60% of the crime rape and drugs in the country, and once again they are entering the country illegally. You cant just let everyone in will nilly, you HAVE to vet people and pick good candidates.
>>
File: 454181792_10.jpg (34 KB, 420x422) Image search: [Google]
454181792_10.jpg
34 KB, 420x422
He's right you know
>>
File: 1454558949567.jpg (18 KB, 501x490) Image search: [Google]
1454558949567.jpg
18 KB, 501x490
>>76368578
Sam Harris has a great ability to reason, that much is clear. However, as with most intellectuals, they overextend their reach when they are in the position that Harris is. He is clueless to why people want Trump. I listen to him about a lot of things, but hearing his poor "understanding" about how Hillary is still bad, but "the lesser evil and only thing in the way of Trump", made me question his understanding of rhetorical speech and the current political process. He also flippantly remarked about "all the racist" things Trump has said. Clearly, he has a blind spot into the specifics about Trump, yet feels confident recommending Hillary Clinton because she's a liberal, and "only adult in the room."

Okay, sure, I see where he's coming from, but only if you haven't seen a single thing about Trump or his campaign except for on CNN.
>>
>>76369024
WHAT DO YOU WANT SMOOTHSKIN
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.