[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Man Who Would Have Saved the West
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: Goldwater.jpg (17 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Goldwater.jpg
17 KB, 300x300
W-Why /pol/, why didn't they just listen? If only they had listened....
>>
>>76356234
Literally who?
>>
>>76356399
(((Barry Goldwater)))
>>
>>76356399
Barry Goldwater, AZ Senator who ran against LBJ in 1964

>>76356234
Really shitty that LBJ was just riding JFKs coattails. At least JFK had the balls to be strong against the Commies, but not go balls deep into a jungle war against rice farmers.

This isn't even including the Great Society. Welfare, Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, and the beginning of Education bureaucracy.

I don't know that much about Goldwater, but I guarantee he'd be better than LBJ. That fuck established so many social programs that will unfortunately not die.
>>
File: goldwater time.jpg (45 KB, 400x527) Image search: [Google]
goldwater time.jpg
45 KB, 400x527
>>76356234
>>
>>76356234
LBJ is like at least top 3 one of the worst presidents in our history. Fucking hell; only if Goldwater won.
>>
I just finished reading Conscious of a Conservative last night. Brilliant book. Easy read. Finished it in two nights. Goldwater is tremendous.
>>
>>76357531
Why was he seen as so extreme?
>>
>>76357610

The ((((democrats)))) successfully painted him as a warmonger who would start a nuclear war with the USSR.
>>
>>76357610
bumping this for interest
>>
>>76357610
LBJ was able to paint Goldwater as extreme mostly because of his view on Vietnam. Goldwater saw the war as a complete waste of money so his view was get the fuck out or at least end it as quickly as possible (ie Nukes), LBJ was able to twist this into "GOLDWATER WANTS TO NUKE EVERYONE". Look into the famous "Daisy" campaign ad. In reality Goldwater was very against foreign intervention.
>>
>>76358305
to be fair, nuking vietnam does sound pretty extreme. getting the hell out sounds much better and he shouldve stuck to that
>>
>>76356570
Fuck off Juan, he was barely fucking jewish. He had Jewish blood but was raised Presbyterian.
>>
>>76358398
Well i think it was sort of a "This shit it terrible and its a waste of money, Lets stop doing it, but if your morons insist on continuing at least make it as bad as its gonna get as quickly as possible and stop fucking wasting money and resources in the fucking jungle" sort of thing

Also he never advocated for full nuclear bombing of vietnamese cities he proposed the use of smalled tactical nukes on viet-cong millitary outpost
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.