[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What can /pol/ tell me about neuro-linguistic programming? Is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
What can /pol/ tell me about neuro-linguistic programming? Is it a scam? Can it turn betas into Chads overnight?
>>
>>76352368
Its a conspiracy theory. Take it to /x/.
>>
>>76352368
Language /= Thought and behavior.

I thought a bilingual like you would understand that.
>>
>>76352823

Language creates reality.
>>
>>76352368
>neuro-linguistic programming
>?
what is it, explain
>>
>>76353707
It's verbal homeopathy
>>
>>76353776
im stupid, you'll have to explain it more to me
>like, fall asleep listening to something on repeat and next day its subliminalized?
>>
>>76352368
Worked for me.

>overnight

Fuck no it took time. But I'm less of an autist than I used to be.
>>
>>76352368
Is this that gay ass pick-up artist bullshit?
>>
>>76352368
NLP is classified as a pseudoscience by psychologists and scientists.

I've studies it for a few years and like anything, some of it's bullshit and some of it's legit.

It's basically a modern and complex version of hypnosis.
>>
>>76352368
Bunch of psychobabble bullshit, just wait for advanced gene therapy.
>>
>>76354600
It's cutting edge to the point where con men thrive without being called out. We were making rapid progress before PC culture shut it all down. Now only a few fringe yogis know what was lost.
>>
>>76354945
People who used to study liberal arts were looking into this. Now people who study liberal arts sell political correctness instead. We fucked ourselves over.
>>
>>76352368
Yes it works. No its not over night. What you are really doing is conditioning yourself to perform behaviors that get you to your goal.
>>
>>76352368

It works particularly well to those who are suggestible (more women than men). It also works along the same lines as hypnosis, and you could say it's somewhat derivative of it, as the techniques can be somewhat similar.

Steve Jobs was drilled in it and Apple still uses it today for their marketing strategy and salesforce.

Ultimately it is ineffective for blatant coersion, yet highly effective when used particularly against a suggestible person for the purpose of mild influence. Given a lot of time (such as television, or advertising campaigns, or cults) it can be very powerful.

If you're interested read its' handbook by one of it's co-discoverers, iirc his name is Richard Bandler.
>>
>>76352368
It's a widespread skill in business
If people are getting rich using it, learning it can only do you good
>>
>>76354391

Elaborate?
>>
>>76352368
NLP IS a scam, its not scientifically proven its just meme shit that 2 cucks invented to profit. Dont fall for it.
>>
>>76356986
Yes. It is a scam as well because people who are persuasive make great con men. So people want to learn how to influence others and wind up being influenced into a con.
>>
NLP Master Prac here.

Bandler himself admitted it was kinda scam-like, in the sense that he wanted to be known as a leader in some field of thought, so he invented his own.

Some of it is dire. Some of it is OK. Some of it is pure Jedi mind tricks. A very mixed bag.

The best thing I've taken from it is the meta-model. It basically makes you impervious to any form of linguistic manipulation when you go into that headspace.

Whatever you might think about it, there is a reason why its ideas are injected into any piece of communication that is intended to influence a persons opinion or behaviour.

Calibrate the right language (I don't just mean the words) to the right target person and it is glorious.

Unless that person knows the meta model too and just laughs at your lame attempt to manipulate them.

Go read Michael Hall's books. He is probably the most (soft) science author to read up.

As an aside, the therapy that we call CBT is basically derived from the bits of NLP that are particularly effective.
>>
>>76352368
Doesn't work overnight. I used to to become a better salesman when I worked in sales. Worked well, but I'm also an /x/phile so I already had similar knowledge. I'd give it 7/10.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.