[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How does /pol/ defend this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: TrumpU.jpg (63 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
TrumpU.jpg
63 KB, 1920x1080
How does /pol/ defend this?
>>
https://hapgood.us/2016/03/08/trump-universitys-online-materials-are-a-lot-better-than-your-universitys-online-materials/

"Yesterday, Roger Schank (famous cognitive scientist and learning theorist) released some of the work he and his team did for Trump University back in 2005 or so.

You didn’t know that Roger Schank was involved in Trump University? Well, he was. Trump University’s online materials were designed by the artificial intelligence pioneer and learning theorist who founded one of the first online learning labs in the early 1990s (Northwestern’s ILS) and had spent (by the time of Trump U.) almost two decades researching what works in technology-mediated education."

http://educationoutrage.blogspot.com/2016/03/a-look-at-trump-university-course-we.html

A look at a Trump University course we built

The attacks on Trump University are coming fast and furious. I wrote in my last piece why the accreditation issue is irrelevant. I don’t know what happened at Trump University after I left. The seminars may have been awful but I really don’t know. They also might not have been so bad. (Although I generally do not believe in that form of education.) What I do believe in is experiential education, learning by doing (rather than by listening) and just in time help from a mentor. And that is what we built at Trump University when I was there. Of course, I still build that sort of thing. These days our Data Analytic courses are hot and being offered by the University of Texas, and by Rutgers among others as well as by XTOL (who built them) itself, directly to corporations.

http://www.xtolcorp.com

But here, I thought, I should let people see for themselves what was being offered at Trump U when I was there. So, here is a a link to the entrepreneurship courses we offered in 2006:

http://www.socraticarts.com/trump/data/courses/index.cfm
>>
>>76352095
>offer online seminars for real estate
>never claims to be an accredit university
>plenty of people are happy with the product
>some are not

its literally nothing
>>
File: chokedtrump.jpg (24 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
chokedtrump.jpg
24 KB, 480x360
>>76352095
>by not talking about it and balming the "media"
>>
http://www.98percentapproval.com/
>>
>>76352095

You can't, it's totally indefensible. Everyone knows that the only institutions that have your best interests in mind are state universities that accept government grants to educate students who pay the difference with government-backed loans. We need the government to make sure that no evil for-profit institutions take away from these noble colleges.
>>
>>76352095
In this video
http://money.cnn.com/video/news/2016/05/27/trump-university-student.cnnmoney/

You see the massive amount of course materials given to students. Here are some titles I gathered from the video:

"A Comprehensive Guide for Investing in Tax Lien Certificates in the U.S."
"The Trump Guide to Distressed Properties"
(Software) "Investors Edge Software Version 1.0"
"A Guide to Asset and Wealth Preservation"

Audio books of all of the materials
More investment software and investing data

Looking at the Investor's Edge software specifically, it looks like a combination of Software+Data subscription for updates, and is developed by a company called Equimine, Inc.

They still sell the software and it has up-to-date information on properties and foreclosure data. They don't list the price for the software and data service on their website, which means it is likely expensive as fuck.
>>
To be fair all universities are a joke at this point
>>
>>76353886
this

its all unfortunately turned into a disastrous business but you cant possibly slam against trump university w/o laying the same criticism against every western university who are just giving customers what they pay for
>>
By the thousands of positive reviews he received and the fact that even the people taking him to court over it left positive reviews
>>
>>76352095

At the time it was opened it was essentially a MOOC platform with effective courses on practical business management.

What happened afterwards... dunno.
>>
Enrolling in a university is the same as signing a business contract. There is no law preventing people from entering into stupid contracts.
>>
>>76352095
No defense needed, white privilege and me and his racist white power gun wielding niggers have him covered.

Goodbye (((jew)))
>>
>>76352095
I don't. Everyone knows for-profit-schools are a ripoff. They're not illegal though, so I don't care what he does privately to be honest. This isn't a problem with Trump, this a problem with consumer protection laws IF it is ruled that he is innocent AND he truly did rip any of the students off.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the main thing about the case was the fact that the University was not a University in the legal sense of the terminology. It's obvious that they changed the name later on. As well, there was the aggressive up-selling of seminars. Up-selling is a fucking dick move but EVERY fucking business does it and it is not illegal. It's a scum tactic, but how can we fault Trump for what is legal and what every business does?
>>
>it was a "university" held at hotels

They probably deserved it, but it was also probably more credible than most legitimate universities these days who funnel more and more money into social degrees in an ever-more anti-social world.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.