[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I thought /pol/ said men and women were different? https:/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 9
File: gouiohh.jpg (83 KB, 540x543) Image search: [Google]
gouiohh.jpg
83 KB, 540x543
I thought /pol/ said men and women were different?

https://mic.com/articles/129459/are-men-and-women-really-wired-differently-science-says-no?utm_source=policymicTBLR&utm_medium=main&utm_campaign=social#.Z3st28RLO
>>
and the myth of binary biological sex and gender essentialism continues to come crumbling down....
>>
File: 1450046621378.jpg (24 KB, 317x284) Image search: [Google]
1450046621378.jpg
24 KB, 317x284
>The study: Performed by Daphna Joel at the Tel Aviv University in Israel
>>
>>76326390
The average male and female brains are different.
Anyone not average enough should die
>>
>>76326965
No fucking way
>>
>>76327401
What is wrong with being abnormal
>>
Trannies BTFO
>>
>>76326390
>According to Michael (((Bloomfield))), a psychiatrist at University College London, looking at the gender type of a brain shines light on a tricky subject: mental illness. As (((Bloomfield))) told the Guardian, while there's no evidence of a gender-specific "type" of brain, there are still mental illnesses that are more prevalent in one sex versus the other.
>>
File: lBYwEDm.gif (988 KB, 500x400) Image search: [Google]
lBYwEDm.gif
988 KB, 500x400
>>76327652

are you really that new?
>>
>>76326390

>science says
>>
>>76326390
>Are Men and Women Really Wired Differently? Science Says That's Bullshit
That's literally the title of this article. Couldn't read more than a few words past it. Muh Science, muh professionalism.
>>
>>76327731
it is degenerate
>>
File: 1389406801105.png (211 KB, 1347x892) Image search: [Google]
1389406801105.png
211 KB, 1347x892
>>76326920
>>
>>76328146
No, but it happens so frequently there has to be some going against the curve
>>
File: image.jpg (158 KB, 569x571) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
158 KB, 569x571
>>76326390
>Because brains have both male and female characteristics, this means gender doesn't real, goy.
>Literally trying to disprove reality.
>>
File: 1423365336965.jpg (87 KB, 480x726) Image search: [Google]
1423365336965.jpg
87 KB, 480x726
>>76326920
>>
File: 1462855344946.jpg (41 KB, 688x456) Image search: [Google]
1462855344946.jpg
41 KB, 688x456
>>76326390
>https://mic.com/
>>
>>76326390

>Science!
>Totally not a corrupt institute to extract shekels
>>
>>76328396
Are there really people that ugly who exist?

I have never in my entire life seen someone cursed to be that disgustingly ugly.
>>
>>76328067
>that double speak
>>
>>76326390
I like this new meme where people just throw around the word SCIENCE as if it justifies their delusions.

Hey Tommy, did you know that (((science))) says I'm a two-spirit transdimensional wolfkin?!?
>>
File: image.jpg (26 KB, 326x266) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
26 KB, 326x266
http://www.m.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/features/how-male-female-brains-differ
There goes your psuedoscientific bullship op.
>>
File: Pure coincidence.jpg (100 KB, 356x600) Image search: [Google]
Pure coincidence.jpg
100 KB, 356x600
>>76328575
It's a favoured Jewish trick to take some information and pass it off as absolute truth that can not be questioned.
>>
>>76328396
>they disagree with my preconceived notions, they must be SRS!
>>
>“Each brain is a unique mosaic of features, some of which may be more common in females compared with males, others may be more common in males compared with females, and still others may be common in both females and males.”

/pol/ speaks in terms of tendencies not absolutes, which is consistent with the paper. It doesn't even present anything that hasn't been said before. Here's one that offers a bit more nuance:

http://www.the-scientist.com/?articles.view/articleNo/44096/title/Sex-Differences-in-the-Brain/
>>
>>76328067
>while there's no evidence of a gender-specific "type" of brain
While I accept that gender need not only refer to sex, but can refer to traits associated with one sex/gender over another, this idea that gender is either a function of the human brain or that its distribution in male and female brains could be somehow quantisized is completely baseless. It's like saying that someone who thinks about the word 'ice-cream' over and over again for a minute is altered genetically or otherwise when compared to someone else who thought about 'candy-floss' over the same period of time. The mind is plastic, maleable but there is no sense in which we can say what it is or if the 'substance of mind' is ever really altered by its machinations. Science has no grounding in these kinds of metaphysical questions.
>>
>>76328946
Sex and Gender are different shitlord!
>>
>>76326390
Another proof that transgenders doesn't exist.
>>
>>76326390
I thought that trannies had a "female brain".
Huh, I guess they were crazy all along
>>
>>76326390

This has already been thoroughly debunked.

https://westhunt.wordpress.com/2015/12/01/sex-and-the-brain/

>I just noticed an new article in PNAS – research by Daphna Joel a behavioral neuroscientist at Tel Aviv University. Using MRI, she concludes that the brains of men and women aren’t really different. She suggests that the notion that men and women behave differently may be a myth.

She is, of course, utterly full of shit. It’s fountaining out of every pore: her hair will never go gray. We know of many sex differences in the brain – not just volume, not just the fraction of gray matter vs white matter, not just big differences in the incidences of neuropsychiatric disorders like autism and anorexia nervosa. In a few cases (like CAH, or androgen sensitivity, or maybe Turner’s syndrome) we know something about the developmental mechanisms involved. We see analogous differences in animal models: and no, it’s not culture.

If you want to determine a brain’s sex from MRI data (without cheating by looking at the Y chromosome) you build a statistical discriminator – you don’t create a continuum of “femaleness” to “maleness,” for the entire brain and score every individual region-by-region to find out where they fall on that male-to-female continuum.

1/2
>>
>>76333813

2/2

>Moreover, similarity in gross anatomy does not ensure similar behavioral tendencies. If I compared the brain of a pit bull with that of a similar-sized border collie, I doubt if I could see the behavioral differences in the size of the amygdala or whatever. Those behavioral differences exist, they’re innate, they have a physical/genetic basis – but at the moment I couldn’t tell you what brain differences to look for. Could be differences in the distribution of neurotransmitter receptors, or differences in axon length, or dendrite connectivity – lots of things, including many that wouldn’t show up on MRI. Many couldn’t be seen by Ramón y Cajal.

>As for her expertise on behavioral differences between men and women – she’s a maroon. Reminds me of John Money, and his crap about how you have to learn to be a boy or a girl. Which he knew was false (David Reimer). She probably thinks Mattel has brainwashed male rhesus monkeys into liking toy trucks.
>>
>>76326390
Men and women are different and male and female brains ARE "wired differently".

Men have more testosterone and testosterone affects development of the brain. This is why men tend to be more interested in systems, and women tend to be more interested in people and emotions.

Watch this (22:00 to 24:00) if you want to learn more: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5LRdW8xw70

>>76326920
>>76330018
>the myth of binary biological sex

Maybe you should read this. I learned about this in GCSE Biology (14 - 16 years old): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sexual_dimorphism
>>
Nobody here even mentioend that males have 10% larger brain size or a full sd. Moreover, sexual hormones have profound effects on all neurotransmitters: progeston facilitates GABA binding, testosterone did something to serotonin etc etc.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.