[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
going to college is a fucking meme. It is only here because it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: dalegribble.png (137 KB, 368x279) Image search: [Google]
dalegribble.png
137 KB, 368x279
going to college is a fucking meme. It is only here because it is thought of as the next step in life. Anything you can learn in a university is readily available online, you are literally paying for a diploma. Most colleges are run by liberal retards these days. Also, most incredibly successful people went to mediocre colleges or dropped out halfway through. Or they knew everything before going (Warren Buffett.)

In my opinion the only reason University should exist is for research and academia.

debate me /pol/
>>
>>76326042
I agree. The worst part is that you can't have this type of opinion and be taken seriously. Any time I express a lack of faith in academia, it is my field that is criticized to protect other fields. People who are so stupid that they think they are learning take a holier-than-thou attitude and assume that this makes them smarter and their field more valid.
>>
>>76326042
>Hello General Atomics? Yes I'm calling about the opening as an engineer. No I don't have a bachelor's but I taught myself onli-*click*. Hello?....Hello?.....

ya dun goofed
>>
If you're smart, you'll get a bunch of certificates as you gain experience in your field by working lower tier jobs and work your way up.
>>
>>76326042
I agree some courses are a load of shite but the vast majority of well-paying professions require a college degree
>>
>>76326042
College is expected of me. I am working on my stem degree so I don't have to work with niggers at McDonald's. I would never get hired for any worthwhile stem job without a degree.
>>
>>76330500
This

I can't waltz into a law firm and expect a job without actually knowing the law. What a retarded question OP
>>
>>76326042
for a long time college has been nothing more than 4 years of parentally funded partying. The meme is borrowing money to do it
>>
Liberal Arts universities and the humanities are memes, m8.
>>
File: 010.jpg (70 KB, 700x900) Image search: [Google]
010.jpg
70 KB, 700x900
>make connections
>do research
>go to events concerning your studies, quite possibly gaining attention or accolades that will help you later
>begin to take part in your field
>advisors literally suck your dick and help you every step of the way if you ask. if weren't enrolled they'd shut the door in your face

To an extent, you're paying for a diploma, but only if you're lazy.
>>
>>76326042
One could only have this ridiculous view if theyve never been to a good university. Universities are or were a hub of ideas and views coming and forming and debating. Also teaching yourself astrophysics for example is a terrible idea. It's too complicated to be self taught --- thats why youre taught by phds. Its also a validation process. Its how you weed out people who are willing to work for something.
>>
>>76329954

>implying watching a few powerpoints a week is any better
>>
>>76326042
agreed.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.