[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Trump racist?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
So ive always been Pro-Trump, simply because there was nobody who could prove me that he is racist. Now, a few minutes ago ive seen a clip of an interview in which he states the following.

Interviewer:
If you are saying he can't do his job because of his race, is that not the definition of racism?

Trump:
No.

While this could obviously be taken out of context, a (muslim) friend of mine thinks that interview is reason enough to call Trump a racist. But is he? I seriously need your help now, /pol/. is that statement racist or not?
>>
>>76300956
Mexican isn't a race
>>
>>76300956
Wait, your German. So why is Racism a point against him in your opinion?
>>
Judge is a member of LA Raza, which literally means "the Race", a group who's purpose is the "reconquista" of California and other US states the Mexicans want to take over
>>
>>76300956
Yes.
>>
Not quite racist. The thing is, Trump is a highly public figure. The news and media have extensively covered the Wall, and has repeatedly shown Mexicans to be against this plan.

Now, Trump didn't exactly say the judge couldn't do his job. I think he meant that a Mexican judge could be a little bit biased against him. That's a reasonable argument.
>>
>>76300956
I wouldn't go so far to say he's an actual racist, he's just from a different generation and isn't used to speaking to large crowds like most politicians so his speech isn't guarded, for better or for worse.

But I would say that it borders on bigotry to remove the judge from the Trump Uni case solely on the basis of his ethnic background, not to mention illegal.
>>
>>76301483
>I think he meant that a Mexican judge could be a little bit biased against him.
There's definitely validity to that, but you could extend that argument for any group, such as women (whether they favor him for his hiring of female execs in the 80s or dislike him for his inflammatory comments)

It would create a bad precedent, a man accused of rape or sexual harassment could get a judge removed if she was a woman.
>>
>>76300956
Explain to him that Americans tend to care less about 'racism' and like to judge on merit alone, as so many of us are mixed enough to not really care what someone's background is so long as they can hold a good conversation.
As far as this case goes, the uncomfortable truth that a hispanic-born judge could (and does, apparently) hold a grudge against a plaintiff before court has even been held on the matter IS a valid thing to express concern over, even if the mere mention that it could be that way garners screams of "RASSSSISSSS" from the bleating masses.
Also why would you hang out with muslims? I can assume an arab person has as great a chance at being a normal person as any other, but Islam seems to sift and filter out any rational thinkers until only the brainless kebab is left to call itself muslim.
>>
>>76300956
Racist and proud reporting.

> "You're a fucking racist!!"

Right, and what is your point exactly?
>>
ITT: he's not racist, he's misunderstood.

nah he said what he said stop being racist apologists hahaha
"hey trump you said this pretty racist thing, are you racist?"
"no."
"oh haha wow what a relief!!"
>>
>>76301848
True as well. The judge will not be removed.

This seems like a stupid point for Trump to focus on. It's a losing battle for him, and he should be concentrating on Clinton anyway
>>
Logic:

Mexicans are more likely to support illegal immigration and pro immigrant rights
Trump has come out as heavily against these things and has been demonized in the media and pop culture as racist against mexicans.
Mexicans are therefore somewhat likely to have a problem with Trump.

I don't think thats particularly racist train of thought. I also don't think its the sort of thing a judge usually recuses themself for though.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.