[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So is there any health merits to eating Kosher? Or is it mostly
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5
File: SOY-VAY.png (2 MB, 1512x852) Image search: [Google]
SOY-VAY.png
2 MB, 1512x852
So is there any health merits to eating Kosher?
Or is it mostly religious ritual?
>>
>>76298959
it's very similar to halal, and there are no health benefits with either of them. kashrut and halal are purely for ritual goodfeels.
>>
>>76299214
I heard it had to do more with stuff like Pigs being a disease vector or that they flop around in their own fecal matter.
I get that the timing of meals and high holidays is completely about something celestial that the rabbis agreed upon.
I considered not eating Pig; it'd be pretty easy but I love a few good strips of bacon every once in a while.
>>
Preventing side effects from common Jewish allergies.
>>
>>76299776
the religious dietary restrictions + health thing is pretty unsubstantiated. it's mostly about setting one group apart from the other. in the case of hebrews abstaining from pork, it was simply because egyptians, and especially meditteranean semitic tribes, ate tons of pork, so jews inverted shit and decided not to. in the case of muslims and halal, they just modified pre-existing hebrew dietary restrictions to better suit their needs. nothing complicated.
>>
Soy vay!
>>
File: DSCN2290[1].jpg (438 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
DSCN2290[1].jpg
438 KB, 1600x1200
>not mixing dairy and meat
It's meant to deprive you of GOAT food.
>>
>>76301245
What am I looking at sir/ma'am?
Can Jews eat this?
>>
It is pretty much 100% a religious ritual in modern days. The closest thing to health benefits eating kosher provides is the fact that kosher avoids foods that are susceptible to causing food poisoning if prepared improperly.
>>
There's no direct benefit, although you could have a slightly healthier diet by not mixing meat and milk. For example you'd never eat a cheeseburger or have meat on your pizza. You don't need to be Kosher to eat healthy though, so it's not any better than not keeping Kosher. The justification for it, which should be in Exodus or Levicticus, is that certain types of animals are "unclean." In Hebrew School we were told it was for hygiene, but that doesn't really make a lot of sense because we were wandering around the desert when this shit came about so I doubt people were keeping pig sties or going to dig for clams.

Also Kosher animals are killed differently. That doesn't matter much to me, but I've heard it bandied about along with all the other sorts of crazy stuff young Jews are apt to hear from relatives or nosy fucking old people who seem to know me wherever I am.

I will say that a lot of Kosher meat is very good quality, although loin cuts are not Kosher so you'd miss out on that.

I don't keep it at all, but I dated an orthodox girl for a few years in college and she and her family kept it so I got quite used to it.

Keeping kosher is really fucking expensive, and if you don't live in a large city it's pretty much impossible unless you get all your meat shipped in and never order meat when you go out to eat. Although even then I bet ultra orthodox would say you're not kosher because you'd be eating food that was cooked in pots where both meat and dairy were cooked.

Yes, you need two sets of dishes and pots and pans to do it correctly. Two refrigerators too.
>>
>>76301416
>dairy and meat
>jews

it looks like some boeuf stroganoff variant
>>
>>76301657
But non-fermented soy has been known to have deleterious effects, with one study showing a possibility for shrinking brain size if consumed regularly for an extended period of time.
>>
>>76301983
Thank you for this highly enlightening post.
Just reading the wiki article doesn't give the personal subtext I've always wondered about.
>>
>>76298959

it's been satanically blessed, that's it. for Christians, it actually puts an evil curse on you.

don't eat it.
>>
>>76301416
It's a pork + mushroom stew with sour cream plus some home-made noodles.
Even if it wasn't made of pork, it'd be haram because as far as I know, Orthodox Jews don't mix meat and milk.
>>
>>76302421
I was asking strictly because looks fucking delicious and I haven't had lunch today.
Does it have some Hungarian name?
>>
>>76301245
Based Hungary. Pörkölt with galuská is the best.
>>
>>76302513
http://erika-konyhaja.blogspot.de/2013/03/bakonyi-csirke-nokedlivel.html

there you go

you just need to translate it i guess
>>
kosher salt is the best for cooking because it doesn't have iodine and so your food won't get a metallic taste after a certain temperature
>>
>>76299776
The Qur'an only mentions pigs once. There are other bullshit hadith that expands on it. Meanwhile chickens are dirty as well but whatever.
>>
>>76302918
>>76302742
Jesus, now I wish I had any cooking skills at all.
Good stuff.
>>76303013
Morton's make's Kosher salt I think. I live in a part of the states where it's hard to get a lot of specialty stuff (mainly because I'm like 40 miles from the nearest city).
>>
>>76303655
maybe you should give it a try...
this kind of food is easy to make
you don't have to make the noodles yourself
>>
>>76301245
so kikes can't have cheeseburgers?
so sad
>>
File: eeee1.jpg (34 KB, 650x450) Image search: [Google]
eeee1.jpg
34 KB, 650x450
>>76302513
It's called 'tejfölös hús' which simply means meat and cream. Another popular variant is 'paprikás csirke'.

>prepare large pot
>chop up some onions
>heat a bit of oil or lard in pot
>lower heat
>add onions
>cover up if you can, stir when needed
>wait till they turn translucent and start turning deep yellow
>add diced-up meat
>sear those fuckers
>add ground paprika, pepper, garlic and salt
>stir often until the meat starts letting out juices
>add sliced mushrooms
>wait until they too shrink and let out their water content
>if it looks like it's about to get burnt, you can add a little water

at this point you can pick between making a regular stew or a creamy one
if you want the regular one, add a little more water, lower the heat, cover it up and wait till the meat is nice and soft.
if you want the creamy one, wait till the meat is almost ready to eat, add the sour cream and stir almost continuously until the sauce gets really thick

making the noodles is really easy but you need a tool like the one on the pic. you just mix flour, eggs and a pinch of salt until you get a thick dough.
you put that appliance on top of a pot of boiling water and squeeze small portions of the dough through the holes.

here's a recipe for paprikás csirke but i honestly didn't read it through:

http://www.food.com/recipe/chicken-paprika-paprik-s-csirke-226632
>>
>>76304104
Saved.
Being American, I miss out on a lot of regional European food, this sounds excellent.
>>
>>76298959
Kosher ingredients aren't full of filler and shit chemicals that companies use for preservitives and such (good hotdogs).
They also only use cuts of beef from the front of the cow, so like an on said, no tenderloin.
But kosher cooking sucks.
Its disrespectful to have something from the cow with the cow (so no cheese burgers).
That also means no butter in meat dishes.
It can be a little more complicated, so if you ever cook for hasidic Jews you better do some research first.
>>
>>76303013

Juan de rothstein, pls go. Kosher salt is a scam. salt is all NaCl whether the salt maker paid their jewish kosher tax or not
>>
>>76298959
The Jew doesn't add poison to their own food.
>>
>>76298959
Pork is a disgusting food.

After looking into it, God's dietary laws seem to make sense for our health and the environment. I don't think he was just being an arbitrary control freak when he gave them. There are also some good arguments to be made that the NT didn't really abolish the food laws.

Most of the banned foods are either like a natural cleanup crew (pigs), or bottom feeders (shellfish). The other banned ones are usually predatory animals, with some exceptions. They all seem to be physiologically different than the allowed animals. I think God knew what he was doing.
>>
>>76302421
>don't mix meat and milk

Which actually makes sense since calcium blocks iron absorption.
>>
File: jewscanteatthis.jpg (81 KB, 800x400) Image search: [Google]
jewscanteatthis.jpg
81 KB, 800x400
Can only eat fish with scales, i.e. cannot eat most of seafood. How is that supposed to be healthy?

The Kashrut is totally pointless.
>>
File: 1464366866881.png (322 KB, 434x405) Image search: [Google]
1464366866881.png
322 KB, 434x405
Place food on plate. Uh-oh. It's not kosher.

Priest approaches plate. Priest blesses food. Food is now kosher.

Build huge machine for processing and canning food. Uh oh. Not kosher.

Priest approaches huge machine. Priest blesses food. Food is now kosher.

It's a scam to guarantee jobs in the food industry. Some take it further and insist the blessing only remains kosher if the food and even the plates are handled by real jews, thus guaranteeing service industry jobs.

See also: the halal meat scam. As if industrial abattoirs in New Zealand employ thousands of imans to stand at the conveyor belt killing the sheep in the traditional manner. Yet the entire halal racket exists to guarantee mudshits jobs in an eternal industry. No muslim eats halal meat unless they know the iman who has butchered it. This bullshit is bought by idiot whites at a marked up price in Sainsburys.
>>
>>76298959
not in 2016. it made sense when there was red tide (shell fish), Pagans were boiling calf's int heir mothers milk (meat and dairy), and when people did not understand pigs roll in the mud to keep cool.

Some kosher rules do make sense and still apply such as: don't eat diseased meat, don't eat things that are already dead, feed your animals the good stuff.

also soy vay makes some pretty bomb marinades when you don't have all day to make your own
>>
>>76298959
Before modern sanitation/refrigeration technology yes. Now not really. Not that it was ever intended to be "healthy" like modern fags' fitness obsession but just not getting sick in a time when that was a death sentence.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.