[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
New poll shows clear majority support marijuana legalization
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 10
As New England states begin to explore legalizing the drug, a new Quinnipiac Poll shows a majority of Americans support ending prohibition on marijuana.

Fifty-four percent of respondents agreed that "marijuana should be made legal in the United States" with no other qualifications. Men backed the proposal 60-37, while women were closely divided, 48-46.

"The fact that a majority of American voters favors legalizing marijuana in general shows how attitudes about the drug have changed," said Tim Malloy, assistant director of the poll at the Hamden university.

A perennial legalization bill was raised in the General Assembly this year but wasn't subject to a public hearing. But lawmakers held an informational hearing at the Capitol complex, bringing in experts in the field including one of the architects of Colorado's legal marijuana program.

Last year, a Quinnipiac Poll showed 63 percent of Connecticut voters supported allowing adults to legally possess small amounts of marijuana for personal use.

http://www.courant.com/health/hc-quinnipiac-poll-legalize-marijuana-20160606-story.html
>>
Theory, many women are against weed due to the stereotypes surrounding it (fat, loser, unemployed, slow, politically dissenting, "red flagged"), which all signal sexual unattractiveness to them, rather than any objective reason.
>>
>>76288521

For once women vote in a way that doesn't destroy western civilization.
>>
File: nLKMmkR.jpg (27 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
nLKMmkR.jpg
27 KB, 480x360
420 would have porevented this
>>
>>76288521
Why some non-violent consumption should be even up to debate, because some people don't like it?
>>
DUDE
>>
>>76289163
Idk m8, I feel like I can replace any desire for women with enjoying bud.
Weed just makes me not want to go out of my way for roasties. I feel like they know this.
Men would be way better off enjoying tree after work then striving to get cucked and complained to in the spare time.
Women must have our attention and weed is a competitor to them
>>
>>76290178
I can see it. Women usually attempt to corner the market when it comes to male attention.

It's why they're so opposed to male spaces, oppose prostitution and attempted to shut down video games.

It's all a ploy.

A manipulation of the market.

Same here.
>>
>>76288521
Would probably help save lives

Source: alcoholic
>>
File: 1458679358279.png (875 KB, 1653x1023) Image search: [Google]
1458679358279.png
875 KB, 1653x1023
>>76290403
Yes, this is a theory I can agree with
>>
>>76290178
>>76290403
So I have a (very likely right) similar theory that feminists target engineering and IT for a similar stereotype of workers in this field being unhygenic, fat, lacking social skills and intimidating, which is why more women in code is important but not more women in law or more women in surgery or more women in mining or even more women in mechanical engineering.

It has nothing to do whether or not you're lusting over them, that's unimportant, especially since she'll automatically assume you're an unattractive stereotype if you're either a stoner or an engineer or in IT and therefore she'll actually prefer you keep your sexual advances to yourself.

The point I'm making is women are attacking these people, or in weeds case not supporting their movement, not out of logical reasoning but based on negative stereotyping. In the end women talk about stereotypes more in general because they're more prone to believing stereotypes, they are ultimately more socially minded, more collectivist and therefore more hierarchical.

Again, what I'm talking about how nothing to do with sexual capital. At all.
>>
i know a lot of girls that are much more "mom conservative" compared to guys.

the kind of irrational, harsh, non-backed by fact conservativeness that sounds like DRUGS ARE BAD BECAUSE THEY KILL YOU

maybe they think about the offspring or whatever.

>meanwhile guys have Evolian LSD trips about the whole nordic pantheon and the summoning of the blood spirit of our ancestors
>>
>>76290828
I can see where you're coming from and I can agree with it for the most part, but I'm 100% convinced that many women know they could be replaced or ignored with bud. Men who find weed are more likely to be happier without women/ go MGTOW meme
>>
>>76288521
Everybody knows the only ones who actually support prohibition are LEAs, drug dealers, and hardcore statists.
>>76289337
>supporting prohibition
Why?
>>
>>76289337
>Arbitrarily limiting personal freedoms and wasting police resources aka our tax dollars
Naw, m8, it's just another example of why female suffrage is a huge mistake.
>>
>>76288521

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dv4x2pRMamE

>0.1% of prisoners are marijuana possession offenders with no prior sentences.

>Only 1.4% of prisoners are drug offenders held for crimes ONLY involving marijuana.

Also an interview with a Neuropsychiatrist and
Psychopharmacologist on the real harms of Marijuana that the pro weed lobby doesn't tell you about -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_i2mC5fAmI

If you don't bother watching these and doing your research, hearing opinions that debate your own thoughts you're a fucking moron and shouldn't bother responding to me.
>>
>>76288521

Dude... weed...
>>
File: fag_enabler.jpg (12 KB, 252x244) Image search: [Google]
fag_enabler.jpg
12 KB, 252x244
>>76292051
I'm not gonna watch that shit, nigger
>>
File: 1464847064230.jpg (26 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1464847064230.jpg
26 KB, 500x500
As someone with my medicinal card here in Nevada, Weed is completely fucking degenerate and I'm against the legalization of it entirely.

Medical is fine but even that needs to be cracked down on. The doctors don't even know a damn thing about weed and are only giving recommendations for quick $.

>mfw form says "I have discussed with the patient the pros and cons of medical marijuana"
>mfw they don't even fucking know a thing about weed
>>
>>76288521
Recovering marijuana addict here. I began using recreationally but eventually used it as a crutch to cope with anxiety and stress. It got to the point where I would use constantly every day just to keep myself at a normal level.

I stopped cold turkey last week and the first few days were tense, but even now I am finding my mind is sharper and I am finding more productive means of dealing with stress and anxiety.

So legal dude weed is a big mistake. It keeps you from confronting life's problems head on and growing as a person.
>>
I live in Denver, the marijuana capital of the world, and I have seen 0 negative effects from legalization. Literally none.

The people who smoke a lot of weed now are the same people that would have bought it illegally before. However now the state takes a cut instead of Tyrone. It has been a resounding success here.

There are no fact based arguments against legalization.

Also, I don't smoke.
>>
>>76292283
>I can't control myself because I'm mentally weak. Ban this stuff!
>>
File: 1394892401149.jpg (140 KB, 515x350) Image search: [Google]
1394892401149.jpg
140 KB, 515x350
>>76292283
Kys, you sound like your shit personality and characteristics were the problem
Do you want to ban all guns, alcohol, and OTC meds because of anecdotes like yours?
>>
File: LMAO.jpg (36 KB, 550x412) Image search: [Google]
LMAO.jpg
36 KB, 550x412
>>76290003
>>
>>76292650
Government is pushing this agenda so that the US becomes even more dumbed down and votes in stupid things like accepting hundreds of thousands of Muslim refugees and agreeing to take away guns. Basically easier to brainwash someone who is fucking drugged up.
>>
>>76292163

I'm fine whichever way it goes. If it's legalized it just removes more of them from the competition.
>>
>>76292051
Study is done in Sweden. Can't be taken seriously. Sweden had zero tolerance policy and every research is continuation of state agenda. Fuck Sverige.
>>
>>76292283
That is nothing compared to the withdrawals alcoholics go through, which can include hallucinations and seizures. Yet it's perfectly legal and embraced by society.

I hope this is bait.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delirium_tremens
>>
>>76292898
What? I was a pure blue pill before I even tasted booze or weed smoke.
I could write in Hitler in November if I get high enough
>>
Please fucking legalize it because migrants and pot tourism is ruining the Denver real estate market. Turn your shitty little noreaster towns into pot havens and take some of the burden off us senpaitachi
>>
>>76292969
...What study? It's statistics from the US...
>>
File: 1463092176074.jpg (178 KB, 835x956) Image search: [Google]
1463092176074.jpg
178 KB, 835x956
>>76292439

Also in Denver, technically Golden but close enough. The only downside to legalization is the traffic and higher rent prices. There's been a huge influx of stoners so the roads are always fucked and it's impossible to find a nice place to live. Also when it first started there were a lot of issues with people being jackasses and smoking in public places. I hope its legalized nationwide honestly, maybe some of these DUDE WEEDs will get the fuck out of my beautiful state.
>>
>majority of people support legalization

Good thing America isn't a democracy or the people might actually get what they want.
>>
>>76288521
Legalization only changes the dealer. Your life will not suddenly have meaning. You will still live in mom's basement.
>>
>>76292439
>the marijuana capital of the world

4 U
>>
>>76293248
>>76293307

This guy fucking knows. It doesn't help out local business because most tourists get high in their hotel room and eat Wendy's. Faggot landlords are using up rentals for airbnb. Houses that sold for 150k four years ago now go for 600k, it's a mess.
>>
File: Average Modern Player.png (423 KB, 1021x653) Image search: [Google]
Average Modern Player.png
423 KB, 1021x653
>>76288521
>clear majority unfit to rule
wow its fucking nothing
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.