[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do Americans think that legalising weed is a pressing political
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3
File: stoner-boy.jpg (390 KB, 757x412) Image search: [Google]
stoner-boy.jpg
390 KB, 757x412
Why do Americans think that legalising weed is a pressing political issue?
>>
I think we all know the answer to that question.
>>
>>76287953
Because we have the highest incarceration rates in the world.
>>
>>76288076
Yeah but it's not like your "weed activists" even genuinely care about that, nor the health benefits. They just pretend to because they want to get high legally.
>>
>>76287953
Our country has always been obsessed with freedom of all types. Unfortunately, a lot of retards are placing these petty freedoms over the more concerning problems we are facing right now.
>>
File: Pride.jpg (41 KB, 660x371) Image search: [Google]
Pride.jpg
41 KB, 660x371
>>76287953
DUDE
>>
tonnes of people are jailed in usa for simple possession of marijuana. that is wrong.
>>
>>76288076
LAND OF THE FREE
>>
Nobody cares about real issues in this country, it's all easily digestible pop culture trash.
>>
Waste of tax dollars
Most people go through a degenerate 420 blaze it phase
>>
>>76287953
Oh my god, this retarded shit again?
You guys are really retarded you know?
It's not about "We need to legalize weed because I like it over alcohol"
It's about legalizing ALL drugs to stop the HORRIBLY failed war on drugs that are killing 10000x more people than the drugs themselves.
The war on drugs is literally one of the most degenerate prohibitions humanity has ever issued upon its citizens
>>
>>76287953
Because it's status has given rise to other drugs and problems through the black market
>>
>>76287953
democrats want to let like a million democrat voters out of prison for their weed felonies so they can vote

libertarians want to let them out because they dindu nuffin (and don't want democracy at all)

republicans don't fucking care if they're let out or not, but they want to protect the profits of the management companies that run the prisons, and they also don't want their own kids doing drugs so they have no incentive to stop all the other bullshit like asset forfeiture that comes along with drug enforcement

besides when we aren't busy killing brown people, we have little else to do except squabble with each other
>>
>>76288595
this is all true but only libertarians believe it, so it doesn't answer OP's question. he said "why do americans think" -- libertarians are like 5% of the population.
>>
>>76288595
Alcohol prohibition was way worse tbqh
>>
>>76287953
It's not. In reality politicians use it much like "free college" to sway dumb dumb single issue voters. Hence why you constantly see stoners bitching about going to jail for a small amount of canbius. In most cases is just a flat out lie and completely avoidable, but who am I to tell people kit don't be a retarded drug addict and you won't get caught. Now I'm not saying don't use. Just don't travel everywhere you go with a half ounce a 4foot bong wearing a bob marley shirt screaming legalize it every time you see a cop.
>>
>>76287953
The same reason people who fucked around in high school barely passing with D's think they deserve a free shot at college. Same reason GED holders with 2 kids and no father in the picture think they deserve $15 an hour for waiting a table or flipping a burger. In case you're wondering that reason is because they are useless motherfuckers afraid of their bleak future they created for them self. Yet instead of changing them selves to have a better life, they just want the rules to change to let them continue on their meaningless path in life.
>>
>>76287953
It actually has some real medicinal properties for people suffering certain debilitating diseases and medical conditions. Big jew pharma wants to keep it illegal so they get all your shekels.

As far as recreational use goes I dont really care but its undeniably safer and better than alcohal.
>>
>>76288902
Alcohol == Drugs
When I say drug prohbition, It includes alcohol aswel.
>>
>>76288076
We also have the highest sub 80IQ rate. Take that as you will.
>>
>>76289061
I wonder if maybe there's a certain group of people dragging the average IQ down. Perhaps they're responsible for 90% of the crime too.
>>
>>76289061
Not true
>>
>>76289024
wew lad.
>>
>>76287953
Being a britbong, you should be aware of the legal highs situation currently going on in our own country. Simply outright banning a substance will rarely solve the problem. You give the black market a new product to sell, you put people at more risk of taking something far dangerous and by banning, you generate lots of criminal money that will never benefit society.

I only smoke weed here and there but I am all for legalising, just so that we can free up jails, free up police time, give the black market a massive kick in the nuts and so that all the small benefits from legalising weed can add up into bigger ones that make for a pressing political issue.
>>
>>76288876
I guess people are starting to wake up?
You'd have to be senile today if you didn't know that cannabis is healthier than alcohol, that's probably what the majority think, but they don't consider the problems with having other illegal drugs other than cannabis a problem I guess.

But hey, cannabis legalization is a stepping stone for a better and safer society, I'm sure we can expect LSD/MDMA/Psilocybin treatment being more and more accepted into theraputic organizations after cannabis becomes legal globally.
>>
>>76289197
Really makes you think.
>>
>>76288187
They don't want to go to jail for smoking a plant. Believe it or not it does have some medicinal properties. I have crohn's disease and I prefer to smoke when I have pain because opioid based painkillers are extremely addictive and give withdrawal if I have to take it for an extended period of time. The drug laws here are fucking archaeic. if some fag has the freedom to say he's a woman and waltz into a girl's locker room in a dress then I should be able to smoke what I want in the privacy of my own home.
>>
>>76289226
Well I know it's my responsibility to provide sources and info for my claim, but that's just not going to happen. Minorities make up a large portion of prison inmates and most minorities are dumb. Their offspring are usually dumber. Think about that for a few seconds. I mean you do get some highly intelligent inmates but most enter politics before they enter the system.
>>
File: 1459981850816.jpg (2 MB, 1187x6016) Image search: [Google]
1459981850816.jpg
2 MB, 1187x6016
>>76287953
Because there was no legal reason for it to be illegal.
Its a call for repeal not for new laws.
I hate how its happening in my country.
its a violation of the 1st and 9th amendments.
oh and fuck you towlie
>>
>>76289258
yes, i would say slowly, but they are starting to understand. the internet helps a lot. people need to see firsthand what drug-running actually does to border states, they need to see what its like to live through forfeiture... and they also need to see the long-term affects of drug abuse, and they also need to understand you cannot fund recreational use of anything, let alone pot, with a welfare safety net fully in place to carry losers through life.

there is insurance for anons like >>76289377
there is already a system in place for prescriptions, and a different one for rehab and counseling. we ought to only have to legalize a few aspects of growing and trade to fix the problem.
>>
>>76288187
...So?
>>
>>76287953
Because millennials are all degenerate drug addicts.
>>
>>76288076

Weed has nothing to do with that.

Watch at 3:30 -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dv4x2pRMamE

>0.1% of prisoners are marijuana possession offenders with no prior sentences.

>Only 1.4% of prisoners are drug offenders held for crimes ONLY involving marijuana.
>>
>>76287953
>>76288076
>>76288187
>>76288438
>>76288796
>>76290638

Government is pushing this agenda so that the US becomes even more dumbed down and votes in stupid things like accepting hundreds of thousands of Muslim refugees and agreeing to take away guns. Basically easier to brainwash someone who is fucking drugged up.
>>
>>76288368
>>76288595
>>76289251
>>76289377

see -

>>76291014
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.