[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've been seeing alot of Rhodesian appreciation recently
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6
File: Rhodesian_flag.0.png (104 KB, 1024x512) Image search: [Google]
Rhodesian_flag.0.png
104 KB, 1024x512
I've been seeing alot of Rhodesian appreciation recently and I've been wondering what made it so great. Was it better than South Africa?
>>
>what made it so great?

Evil whitey https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyJFRTJgPbU
>>
>>76287202
It was a meme.
>>
I'm actually listening to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVCzYLxBK74&t=67s right now.
>>
It's a fascinating thing to read about.
>>
What made it better than South Africa pre-apartheid?
>>
>>76287521
Not much, the tragic story of Rhodesia makes it more romantic, that's all
>>
>>76287521
>>76287202
Okay, my wife was born in Rhodesia-(Zimbabwe)

Rhodesia is unique for a few things.

1 - It held out from the world for 10 years, without even a port.
2.- South Africa under Apartheid belived in "separateness", Rhodesia felt that blacks should be able to vote if they met economic or education requirements. Otherwise they would be handled though tribal councils
3 - The Rhodesian military was man for man one of the best military forces ever. For example, in WW2 the 101st airborn of the US had two combat drops.
some Rhodesian units did combat drops daily.
4 - they developed the tactics to fight insurgents using technology like helicopters
5 - Lastly, unlike say, Botswana who had competent leadership, Rhodesia (Now Zimbabwe) had piss poor african leadership after majoirty rule. It used to be one of, if not the best place of africa. Now it one of the worse. It can't even feed itself, and that like the State of Kansas not able to feed itself, as the land is a breadbasket.
>>
>>76288057
Basically this, proud to be the son of a Rhodie.
>>
Far more equitable than apartied SA.
Rhodesia literally dindu nuffn. Was a good boy. Fought for freedom and stuff.
>>
>>76287311
R A R E
A
R
E
>>
>>76288352
Cool

My wife left in 2000 after the farm invasions, lived 8 years in south Africa, then went to a US university were I met her. I actually got the first date since when she said she was Rhodesian I knew what it was.
>>
>>76288587
>My wife left in 2000

Wow, her family got out just in time. My dad fought in the Bush War then left in 1978 when things started going south.
>>
>>76288057
>>76288352
rhodies<boers but still better than anyone else

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHWmxCoTV3Y
>>
>>76287202
>what made it so great

shorts and FALs
>>
File: rodhesia.png (297 KB, 732x2251) Image search: [Google]
rodhesia.png
297 KB, 732x2251
>>76287202
>>
>>76288793
There farm was near the Mozambique border, They got to the border with a truck, the clothing on their back, a few bags of seed corn, and two rifles. Luckily her dad had a bank account in London to pay off the tobacco loans and get a flight to Capetown, and they resettled there. Now her siblings are in the UK, Canada, and Australia while she in the states. They left South Africa when they saw that the ANC wasn't going to pick good leaders, and South Africa is a one party state effectively.
>>
>>76288801
die vrou het na 'n Afrikaanse skool toe sy verhuis na Suid-Afrika
>>
>>76287202

An indomitable spirit.
>>
File: RhodiesAndBrits.png (246 KB, 932x850) Image search: [Google]
RhodiesAndBrits.png
246 KB, 932x850
>>76289207
Jesus, yeah from what I hear it's virtually impossible to leave for the whites still in Zimbabwe. I wonder if we'll ever see a free Rhodesia, I doubt it, but it's nice to dream.
>>
Also, relevant.
http://www.cwporter.com/rhodesia.html
If there were ever a nation to symbolise the white man's burden, it was Rhodesia.
>>
>>76289019
This
>>
>>76288057
Fucking this.

Rhodesian COIN is one of the most viciously misunderstood aspects of military history. Mostly due to the missing army files, last I heard they were stacked some dude's basement in boxes.

The USMC is currently taking a second look at it. Apparently fireforce is of keen interest to them, requires relatively little manpower with high rates of success if implemented correctly.
>>
>>76289419
If you white and want to leave, you really need to immigrate to Zambia, gain a Zambian Passport, then immigrate again to your final destination. My wife has three passports (UK, Zimbabwe, and Zambian). As her mom was born in Zambia, she was born in Zimbabwe (Rhodesia), and her father kept his UK passport as a backup.
>>
>>76289746
>The USMC is currently taking a second look at it

Based yanks
>>
File: 32 bataljon.jpg (66 KB, 500x404) Image search: [Google]
32 bataljon.jpg
66 KB, 500x404
>>76289746
huge numbers of ex rhodesians were taken up into 32 battalion. there the lessons learned from rhodesia were taken further and refined.
32 battalion was the most sucsessful and feared fighting force south africa has ever fielded. their enemies called them "os terríveis"
The Terrible Ones.
>>
>>76290807
The Piet Nortje on it is very good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2_HQ6LgoVY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDQojMH5OGw
>>
File: suicide_2439218f.jpg (14 KB, 636x477) Image search: [Google]
suicide_2439218f.jpg
14 KB, 636x477
>>76287281
Watched all the vids on this channel and it really made me sad... Especially because they were posted almost 5 years ago and things are painted (literally made in MS paint) exactly how things look today. Only today is getting worse and worse by the minute...

Kill me now. Why the fuck did I waste my time learning English when all the anglo-speaking world is going down the drain.
>>
>>76291518

>Why the fuck did I waste my time learning English when all the anglo-speaking world is going down the drain.
Hey, people still spoke Latin long after Rome was sacked.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.