[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Norwegian roads
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5
What the hell is wrong with the Rank1 country?
Norwegian road quality is equivalent to Cuban roads.
Why?!
It doesnt fucking make sense, and i am so fucking mad holy shit.
>>
>>76285425

Use boat.
>>
Any place with a consistent frost freeze cycle is going to have shitty roads. It just depends on if you want to repave the entire country every 3 years, which almost no one is dumb enough to do
>>
>Cuba also gets covered in snow and ice for prolonged periods of time wrecking their infrastructure
>>
>>76285504
Fucking sweden. They have the same climate but 400% better roads. Your argument is invalid.
>>
>>76285425
That's like Ireland's country roads kek its desperate here too lad
>>
>>76285425
-..-

>Cold winters
>Coastal climate
>Mountains everywhere, building is expensive

But also;
>Politicians building bridges for literally 2-10 people on small islands on the west coast for millions.
>Politicians in charge of building roads, and not the "Vegvesen"
>>
>>76285631
Can confirm. I have been wondering why your roads are so bad
>>
they cut the budget to spend on refus

you can google it altough i think the new was in norwegian
>>
Would you rather have good roads or refugees?
>>
Well you've always been savage barbarians that just lucked out with oil. I'm not surprised you can't manage roads.
>>
File: Norway road.jpg (372 KB, 1956x818) Image search: [Google]
Norway road.jpg
372 KB, 1956x818
It's good to have bad roads, that way it feels great when you drive in a another country.
>>
>>76286116
(How do i greentext) American
(How do i greentext) Lucked out with oil.
>>
>>76285631
except we have a fuckload of mountains
>>
>>76286109
"Why not both?"
^ Our politicians.
>>
>>76286231
I am not complaining about having to drive like im playing snake when im going from A to B. I am complaining about our road quality.
>>
>>76285425
Holy kek that's even worse than a Belgian road
>>
File: Norway road 2.jpg (123 KB, 990x586) Image search: [Google]
Norway road 2.jpg
123 KB, 990x586
If you want to drive in Norway you better have a car that can jump
>>
>>76286364
it's easier and cheaper to build and maintain roads on flat terrain if you didn't know
>>
>>76285425
Gaddamn disgrace. Looks like the kind of roads I'd see in Pennsylvania or Oklahoma.
>>
>>76285425
it looks comfy. maybe because of the scenery around it. well the answer to your question is because sven and his cultural friends need the money more i guess
>>
>>76285425
Is Norway the libertarian paradise?
>>
>>76285631

Read the end of my post again.

Sweden may just love repaving their roads (keeps labor employed while basically burning money for no reason) every 3 years.

In the US roads get resurfaced every 5 - 8 years and rebuilt every 15, and the shit STILL adds up quickly.

Then again all of Scandinavia combined probably has the same length of roads as a single US state, but I digress
>>
You know that when Jeremy Clarkson said he knew why so many Norwegians are good at rally, it was because he was driving on E6 to E39, our main highway...
>>
>>76286189

Oil isnt even in the top 10 US exports... in fact, the US consumes more oil than it produces. That isnt "lucking out"
>>
File: 1461277238833.png (459 KB, 443x1920) Image search: [Google]
1461277238833.png
459 KB, 443x1920
>>76286116
>>76286943

Norway always did well with the economy you dummy.
>>
>>76286508
Come to Minnesota, same shit.
>>
>>76287244
I guess Norwegians just can't build roads no matter where they live.
>>
>>76287244
>>76287356
Kek
>>
When the refugees start complain about the roads, they'll get fixed. Maybe they can say bad roads is haram or something.
>>
>>76287522
As far as I understand, the roads in Oslo are fine.
>>
>>76287825
No one cares about Oslo
>>
>>76287875
I agree, but all the refugee will end up there. They don't use the country roads.
>>
>>76285425

Here in the Northern midwest states that is essentially what our roads always look like after winter is over.

They spend all spring and summer fixing what Winter completely just destroys. It's an endless cycle.
>>
>>76285425
Haven't travelled much around Norway but the roads in southern Norway are never close to this bad. Where exactly is this? The worst roads I've seen was when I was driving through Poland, small holes everywhere.
>>
>>76287924
It's what roads in Vermont look like all year, fucking liberals diverting transportation funds for retard public policy.
>>
>>76287960
I live in Vestfold and there are lots of roads that are like that or worse here
>>
>>76285631
Maybe Norway needs more diversity to blessed by the road gods.
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frost_heaving
>>
>>76285631
>They have the same climate but 400% better road

No
There is way more rain here, especially in the West
We get hit by the Atlantic gulf stream
>>
>>76288220
Try driving to Sweden from Norway. Then you will see how much the quality improves when you cross the border. And i don't mean hours into Sweden, i mean EXACTLY at the border.
>>
>>76288433
overall quality goes down when costs are so high nationwide
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.