[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alcohol
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 103
Thread images: 14
File: Teenagers-drinking-alcoho-007.jpg (37 KB, 460x276) Image search: [Google]
Teenagers-drinking-alcoho-007.jpg
37 KB, 460x276
Why haven't you quit drinking yet? What do you get from it?

If you have, why did you quit drinking? How has your life improved?

Man the fuck up and quit alcohol and drugs. Get a family and a career, stop wasting your life on useless crap that make your braincells rotten.
>>
>why haven't you quit drinking yet?
>What do you get from it?
Peace and quiet.
>>
>>76285226

I did. Gives me energy to bid for President.

Got to an AA meeting.

Try controlled Drinking. Just drink a few beers.

If you think you have a problem, you might. Ask AA people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wW0fJuSxngg
>>
>>76285226
Its really none of your business, quit butting into other people's issues. Some people can handle their alcohol, you apparently can't because you're an immature child who has no self control.
>>
>>76285226

Go suck Christ's cuck somewhere else self righteous faggot.
>>
>>76285226
Lmaoing @ you're life right now
>>
>>76285429
I don't drink
>>76285452
Don't believe in Christ
>>76285457
Lmaoing @ you're grammar right now
>>
I don't drink, smoke, use drugs or anything. I am sex addict though. I have a girlfriend with whom I fuck daily, I have a nurse fuck buddy in the hospital I work, we fuck with her during lunch break and tea breaks. Still masturbate 3-5 times at work and several times at home.
>>
>>76285226
I quit drinking at 26 as I was a tragic alcoholic.
>>
I don't drink, at first I thought I was the weird one, but alcohol is an acquired taste (i.e. it is supposed to taste bad).
The fact that the God Emperor himself doesn't drink either only reaffirms my position.
Just useless calories that don't even taste good. Normies are retarded.
>>
>>76285226
Haven't quit entirely. I just no longer drink to get shitty, and when I do slip up, I regret it much more than before. But drinking domestic (American) beer, especially during holidays, is a rite of passage.

As far as improving my life, it hasn't. Vices are what they are because they're a lack of moderation. Not playing the game doesn't make you a winner.
>>
>>76285429
this post screams "baby feels his bottle is being threatened"
>>
>>76285226
It made me feel racist and helped me mack on girls
>>
>>76285226
>tfw I can't even handle the smell of vodka anymore, and I haven't had any since Jan 1 of this year.

t. Former vodka chugger
>>
>>76285226

I quit drinking because it is shit all round.
>>
>>76285226
>Implying I ever used recreational drugs like a filthy degenerate
>>
>>76285226
I never started
>>
File: de.jpg (13 KB, 248x161) Image search: [Google]
de.jpg
13 KB, 248x161
I wanna stop really bad. Its making me fat and miserable. But I enjoy it to hide from the pain. Things will get better soon but its just hard right now. I know if I stop I can learn to deal with things normally but I usually stop for a few weeks and start again.

Whats the point of this thread? Are you gonna give me advice or something?
>>
>>76285226
>What do you get from it?

It alleviates my boredom on weekend nights. If I could find anything worthwhile to do during that time I'd probably stop.
>>
I only drink when I go out with friends.

For some reason it acts faster in my body so I get sleepy quick but back to sober in a few hours.
>>
>>76286530
It doesn't hide the pain, it IS pain. When you pay to go to a magic show, you still have to pay, and despite your conscious rational mind knowing it's a trick, your subconscious thinks the illusions are real.
>>
I quit drinking four years ago because I drank myself out of law school and into the hospital, followed by rehab.

My life has improved quite a bit in all areas. Still miss drinking sometimes, though. I guess that's why addiction is so tough to beat - because of the persistent irrational desire for something that literally destroyed your life.
>>
>>76285226

I drink like 3 times a year, on some occasions.
Almost entirely quit drinking 3-4 years ago.
Feels better, cleaner, healthier.

Don't get me wrong, it's okay to drink from time, just keep this shit in check.
>>
File: 1461795934186.jpg (53 KB, 500x636) Image search: [Google]
1461795934186.jpg
53 KB, 500x636
>>76285972
Simply hardcore
>>
File: 1463063741110.gif (935 KB, 200x154) Image search: [Google]
1463063741110.gif
935 KB, 200x154
>>76285226
>didn't like booze before
>started dating an alcoholic
>made me try shandy
>mmmtastegood.jpg
>drink twice a month
>starts hating niggers, kikes, SJWs and feminists
>mfw booze redpilled me
>>
>>76285972

doesn't your dick ever get sore?
>>
6 months sober man, 6 months. I never thought I would make it this far. Still dealing with slight gyno though, I hope if I lose some excess body fat it'll go since I'm at 16% right now.
>>
File: 1459479882718.jpg (91 KB, 399x482) Image search: [Google]
1459479882718.jpg
91 KB, 399x482
>22
>havent had a sip of alcohol
>donald trump endorsing an alcohol free life only makes the decision easier

Why is he such an inspiration bros?
>>
File: 1462329423236.png (967 KB, 1080x1347) Image search: [Google]
1462329423236.png
967 KB, 1080x1347
>Mfw it's not even 8am and I'm already on my second beer.

I'm fucking weak, Drinking is the only thing that makes living in Canada bearable.
>>
Never even started

Binge drinking was huge here when i was young and it always put me off of alcohol

At the most now i have a sip of whiskey but usually only when i smoke a cigar
>>
Trying to quit currently...I thought it would be easier. I resisted buying vodka last night and only had a little wine. I'm going to just have tea tonight. It's just too readily available and it makes it easy to backslide
>>
>>76286530
It causes the pain, the sooner you realize that the easier it is to come off. You have to get to that level where you are absolutely sick of it and realize it's doing more harm than good.

For me it was money, the weight, the anxiety, the shit quality sleep and it heavily impacted on my sexual life to the point it was giving me ED.

http://www.hamsnetwork.org/taper/

This guide is really helpful and shows you how to taper no matter what level your drinking is at. This is for the heavy vodka drinkers to the people who drink 4 pints of beer a night but can't seem to stop. This method got me to stop.
>>
>>76285226
It is true that faggot sub-human slime do typically endorse alcohol and regular drugs-
However I would certainly aay that their teeth rot comes not from drug use- but from their degeneracy- and that each time one of those cum-suckling queers touches a dick- they slowly biodegrade further into a thick greyish slime.
Such is why showings of faggotry are funded by Jews- their pursuit in finding a way to end the white race and western society is relentless- and such is why we must nuke Israel.
>>
>>76287046
Where are you from, anon?
>>
>>76287360
Town just outside of Vancouver
>>
because I like having wine with dinner sometimes

can't fathom how people can actually get to a point where they drink hard liquor, baffling
>>
I drink a 12 pack of Miller lite and dip 3 cans of Copenhagen a week.

Got a good career in software engineering
Got a qt conservative gf

I'll be fine, faggot
>>
File: IMG_20151208_105905.jpg (40 KB, 600x254) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151208_105905.jpg
40 KB, 600x254
DRINK
>>
File: 1463359662830.jpg (104 KB, 450x320) Image search: [Google]
1463359662830.jpg
104 KB, 450x320
>>76287475
Not too bad. I'm from Toronto.
>>
File: 1442129149991.jpg (36 KB, 848x900) Image search: [Google]
1442129149991.jpg
36 KB, 848x900
>>76285226
I am completely ruining my life, body and selfworth by drinking, and don't know how to quit.
>>
>>76285226
t. le happy cheap alcohol merchant
>>
>>76287729
Just try anon. You have to try and stop making excuses. I have had successful weeks where I don't drink and then think that I'll just have one because I'm feeling better and then boom I'm drinking again. I can't even have the stuff around, one drink and I keep going. You can't stop trying though
>>
>>76286868
It does sometimes. Not even lube and spit helps. I am seriously considering to confess to a girlfriend about that problem and use a fucking chastity belt to stop it. I sometimes can't concentrate.
>>
File: IMG_20160418_200417.jpg (210 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160418_200417.jpg
210 KB, 900x900
>>76288137
Ignore this faggot. Drinking fucking rules. Everything else gets old. Movies, tv, games, people. Drinking doesn't.
>>
>>76288259
It ruins your health and brain.
>>
>>76285226
How else am I supposed to get to sleep?
>>
>>76285972
>tea breaks
I'm 12 years old and what is this
>>
>>76285226
I quitted very early. I only drinked for a year because it was very hard to socialize (for me) without going to parties.

Then I found new ways (through sports mostly) and quitted drinking.

I have a problem with caffeine tho. Working on fixing it.
>>
>>76288407
Exercise helps me

>>76288259
I mean it's an OK feeling but it's almost like time travel. You get drunk and everything goes by in a blur and you can't remember anything but hazy details, it's ruinous to your health and is expensive too
>>
>>76285226
No good has ever come from alcohol. Not for me personally, anyway. Better yourself and save the money. It's poison, and "they" like you to drink it.
>>
>>76288612
Man I did caffeine and it took me like 3 months to feel normal, but when I got over that I totally noticed the difference, More energy, less anxious. I'm currently trying to do refined sugar.
>>
>>76288348
So does being a faggot. And drinking out of plastics. And using aerosols. And eating soy fed meat. And heavy metals in deodorants and vaccines. And being a liberal.
>>76288790
If you're telling me you don't like that shit I guess we're just on different pages
>>
>>76285226
I just drink a couple of beers every now and then dude. Chill.
>>
>>76288259
Pretty much gets old if you have to do it to feel normal. I assume you are young and are not that far into it yet to have this mindset.
>>
>>76288961
It's OK. Spending money on piss and feeling crappy the next day is a little overrated too but then I'm not a young kids anymore. It's a good time if you're young and with friends, just be careful not to let it start taking over your life brother
>>
>>76288891
Well I hope it makes the difference for me too. Not only I underperform without caffeine but I also get big ups and downs in my mood.
>>
>>76285226
I had to drink myself to half-death by mixing alcohol and pills and weed one time.
I was sure I'll die there.
I realised how retarded it is to darken your mind every couple of days just so you don't feel like a sad failure, instead of putting that energy, time, and money into solving my problems.
I promised if I wake up in the morning, I'll change my ways and never drink again.
That still stands. I rarely use any aspirin, only when I'm in great pain (e.g. after tooth surgery).
I smoked a weed once after this, and I regretted it. It just made my head hurt. Never even tried any other drug than that and I don't want to.
People will try to make you go back to your ways, "Come on, just a little! Drink a little!!!" "Oh don't refuse a drink with me, that's rude!!!" "Just a little bit man, what does it hurt?! Come on, I'll pay for it!!"
See, they would even pay for you to give up being a better man. Even your so called "friends" will do this. They fear greatness. The want to destroy it. They'll bug you endlessly, and every little faggot teenager and college kid will bug you with it.
In the end though, they will end up respecting you. They'll even tell you they feel as a degenerate because you showed them the Golden Path and they feel to weak to follow.
As Fred Durst said, just keep on rollin baby.

Live like a boy or live like a man.
Live the straight life or be a plebian faggot, the choice is yours.
>>
>>76288961
My favorite thing to do is wake up in my bed wondering how the fuck I got there.
>>
>>76285226
One must leave both the smoke jew and the rotten fruit juice jew behind to be a true red pilled person.
>>
File: CNNmug.jpg (35 KB, 596x667) Image search: [Google]
CNNmug.jpg
35 KB, 596x667
>>76286889
true
you can't call yourself a trump supporter and drink regularly alcohol
>>
>>76289083
>>76289122
>to feel normal
>with friends
I guess I came off brash. I don't drink everyday. Between thrice a week around holidays/long weekends and once a month other times. I just don't see why some people teetotal. I love getting plastered and driving around in GTA, digging holes in the yard, helping someone set up lawn furniture, playing catch. It's pretty boring if youre doing it just to get drunk. But it makes somethings way awesomer
>>
File: IMG_4319.jpg (186 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4319.jpg
186 KB, 640x960
>>76285226
i quit drinking cause my dog died and i want to deprive myself of something as a show of respect

i'd do anything for one last summer with him
>>
I never understood the idea of drinking alcohol.
Yes, you drink fruit juice, water, but why alcohol?
Of course, you want to feel a bit relaxed while going out, trying to mingle with a woman (not getting drunk!), social meetings and so on. Can't do these things with water, it would be very funny.
I very rarely drink beer, natural wine and, even rarely, natural vodka, but ALL of them have bad tastes, no matter what you eat/smoke before/after..
>>
Post yfw you realise nigs are nigs because of fetal alcohol syndrome
>>
>>76285226
I'm getting pretty sick of drinking because the hangover pretty much prevents me from doing anything the next day. I can barely even enjoy a movie. All I do is eat, drink, shit and sleep.
>>
I quit drinking for 2 months out of the year as it has shown after 8 weeks your liver has recovered
>>
>>76289418
Haha monkey man
>>
>>76285226
fuck off, I only drink a can of beer like 2 times a week
>>
>>76289556
I read this too but the other 8 months can be quite hard on your body. Sleep quality suffers, hard on your whole GI tract, low quality calories etc
>>
>>76289677
10*
>>
>>76289556
Shouldn't that mean you quit for 8 months out of the year?
>>
>>76289677

being sober for 8 months does a lot more damage
>>
>>76289765
How do you mean?
>>
>>76285226

I drink socially, or with dinner. I make my own beer, wine, mead, and cider. Nothing degenerate about it; traditions for partaking of alcohol date back thousands of years. It's possible that agriculture was created as a means of making more beer, kickstarting the creation of civilization. It's a bonding experience with friends and family.

Just don't get drunk as shit to the point where you pass out on the street like an asshole.
>>
File: DanishNationalPasttime.png (460 KB, 636x584) Image search: [Google]
DanishNationalPasttime.png
460 KB, 636x584
I was an alcoholic for 12 years and was basically suicidal. My health was failing and my doctors warned me that my liver and other critical organs were failing.

I went to an inpatient rehab for six weeks about a month ago. Been sober ever since.

I feel fucking great. I sleep like a baby (my biggest concern about stopping drinking), I wake up and feel phenomenal, I can exercise and do whatever I want all day without wanting to stab people, and I can hang out and do whatever I want at night without feeling anxious or withdrawing.

I'd encourage everyone to quit the liquid Jew. Find a detox/rehab facility if need be. I know AA gets mixed reactions, but it's important to remember it's a support group and not a treatment program. If you treat it as a support group, you'll get a ton of benefit.
>>
>>76288546
> Not banned
Damn mods can take a joke
>>
>>76289534
Git gudd noob. Just don't drink mid or bottom shelf and you'll be ok. Quitting is the best option because just inevitable. That or fall into the despair kg being an alcoholic.
>>
>>76289136
it's the withdrawal symptoms that cause that, which can last for a good while tricking people into assuming that they need it to operate, they say you should give it 30 days to completely feel the benefits

at this point you are drinking it just to feel what you would feel while not consuming it, rather than it actually giving you a boost
>>
>>76285226
Why can't any of you faggots enjoy the finer things in life without crossing the line of abuse. If substances effect you so much that you can't even use in slight moderation you have bigger problems. Drinking has its time and place. Nothing I enjoy more than going out to the river bank with a 12 pack and having fun with all my buddies all day. We get drunk and have a blast. Does that make me a degenerate?
>>
>>76289862

Figuratively
>>
>>76285226

>what do you get from it

Enjoyment. I rarely get drunk though.
>>
>>76285226

I have a wife and career OP. That's what drives me to drink.
>>
>>76289879

>went into rehab 4 weeks ago
>for 6 weeks
>havent drank since

You are drunk right now
>>
>>76289701
You probably already have, but re-read what he said.

Also nice gold reserves.
>>
>>76285226

No I love cocaine. fuck you.
>>
Cause it isn't fun that's why I quit.
As far as feels from drugs go drinking is shit tier at best.

Litterally everything else has less of a hangover.
>>
>>76287354
Thanks for the advice anon. I drink on the weekends really but sometimes I just keep going. It really just comes from a lack of drinking consciously but still I have to check myself. I don't want to have to give it up 100% either but I'm not near that point yet.
>>
I'm thinking about quiting alcohol because I feel like a total embarrasement when I wake up after a night of getting shitfaced. And I tend to fight alot with my gf for no reason when I do.

But I have so much fun doing it ;_;
And I only get drunk once a week, sometimes every two weeks so it's not like I have a problem.

I've quit smoking cold turkey last year, can I do it /pol/?
>>
>>76290614
It was a six week stay and I left four weeks ago. Good grief, surely you didn't need that spelled out for you.
>>
>>76285226
Its good to get drunk oin occsion, I think once every 2 weeks is a good level.

4 times a week like I did last year as a senior in college was definately waaay too much. It stopped being exciting at that point.
>>
>>76285226
I've never drunk, and my life is shit.
>>
>>76289879
>Children watching the garbage truck

I used to do this as a kid as well. The robotic arm coming down and picking up the can was cool as fuck.
>>
>>76290781
well stop drinking at night , its much more fun drinking during the day
>>
>>76285972
>I am sex addict though. I have a girlfriend with whom I fuck daily, I have a nurse fuck buddy in the hospital I work, we fuck with her during lunch break and tea breaks. Still masturbate 3-5 times at work and several times at home.
Damn son.

I was like that in my teens, but alcohol killed that steam.

However, I try to not masturbate at all now. I had a good run recently for like a month and a half, then I went haywire the last few days.

Uni studies improved during that time, now I'm distracted again.
Masturbation is just bad for you, plain and simple. Not just morally, but physically.
>>
I drink regulary and it kinda runs in my family... like this anon said >>76287219, binge drinking was really popular here around 10 years ago an everybody would get totally shitfaced at least on the weekends. I was one of them... me and my buddys had a little shack in the garden where we installed a sound systhem and could pretty much be as loud as we wanted, great times and was definitely cheaper then to go clubbing... of cause we still did that, but I always preferred the little shack.

Anyway since I was young my hangovers were pretty bad, I also get tied quickly. Nowadays I still drink atleast 2 times a week, but its either six beer a night or 3-4 glasses of decent liquor... I just got sick of feeling like total shit the next day, but I just can`t imagine my life without it either.

I would say at least now I have it under control for the time being.
>>
>>76285226
I already quit drinking
>on probation for DUI
>>
>>76291604
>Anyway since I was young my hangovers were pretty bad, I also get tied quickly. Nowadays I still drink atleast 2 times a week, but its either six beer a night or 3-4 glasses of decent liquor... I just got sick of feeling like total shit the next day, but I just can`t imagine my life without it either.
Same.

Used to go out and drink a CARTON of beer.
No hangover.

Then when I got older that stop pretty quickly.

Now I barely drink. Once a fortnight at most.

3 beers gives a BIG hangover now.

Fucking suck balls. Cause I used to be a party king(or clown) when drunk. Always got invites.

Now I'm "too serious"

I think I dodged a bullet to be frank, fuck those people.
>>
its really fucking hard to stop. thats why. its hard to go to sleep. its really fucking enjoyable to drink. ive tried to stop so many times
>>
I drink because I have literally zero friends and dislike my life on a fundamental level. The other option is to take happy pills. Either way, you're on drugs and someone is jewing you out money.
>>
Why the hell there are so many sad as fuck people here. I thought /pol/ was supposed to have the people who knew how to handle things.

Anyway, I myself think the real degeneracy in alcohol is drinking alone. I have a few beers with my bros when we decide to throw a bbq or have some snacks to watch divegrass game or a movie, and my gf enjoys a few drinks every once in a while as well, but thats like, once or twice a month at most. Recently I've been looking for beers from around the world for tasting and whatnot.

If you drink alone you're drinking just for the sake of drinking, which is weak as fuck. I wish you people can get out of that hole and live better lives.
>>
>>76289879
How much were you drinking?
>>
Alcohol is easily accessible and benzos do jack shit for me, 300mg diazepam (real, properly packaged diazepam) did nothing.
It's the only way to get peace and quiet.

Honestly though, I'd prefer if governments grew the fuck up and stopped banning drugs. MDMA is excellent fun, as is acid, shrooms, Heroin/morphine/oxycodone, the amount of people you have to know and do favours for makes it painful to work with drugs, so I drink for peace and fucking quiet.
>>
>>76289867
That's cool man I feel the same way. I do some home brewing too and love to share brews with my friends. You make any good or crazy brews? I'm working on an American hop pale ale and just finished my stock of coconut wheat ale which was surprisingly good.
Thread replies: 103
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.