[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
On White Male Privilege
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 17
File: draco.jpg (33 KB, 640x472) Image search: [Google]
draco.jpg
33 KB, 640x472
White men do experience a certain privilege, but not in the conventional sense that the progressive left maintains.

This picture encapsulates the actual privilege.

In the Harry Potter universe, Draco Malfoy is cunning yet morally questionable. He is usually accompanied by two other students, Vincent Crabbe and Gregory Goyle, who are both severely less intelligent than Draco. The relationship between these two and Draco flits back and forth between friendship and fealty, with Draco exchanging his planning and logic for muscle and service from his two friends.

Crabbe and Goyle are fully aware of their mediocre minds, and their explanation for this is very simple, that their parents were stupid and so are they. There is no belief in some inherent bias against their racial or cultural identity that prevents them from performing as well academically or accomplishing intellectual endeavors that more gifted people are able to accomplish. Their stupidity puts them at a disadvantage, and to compensate they engage in a relationship with someone much brighter, Draco.

1/2
>>
All three members of this party are fully aware of the dynamic at play. Draco does not need to convince his two friends to follow his orders through underhanded means; his two lackeys willingly obey him as they understand that Draco possesses mental gifts that they lack, and that Draco also has their best interests’ at heart. The two understand that Draco lacks physical size and strength, and that he relies on them to effect his own designs.

This relationship is only able to be formed because the three white men do not view themselves and their position in society through any lens other than one of absolute objectivity. That unclouded, unemotional mindset is white male privilege. Though non-whites and women are sometimes able to achieve this clarity, it comes naturally to the white man. Were Crabbe and Goyle to be some sort of non-white, they would be able to blame prejudiced forces that they perceive to exist. If Crabbe, with his pudginess and brutish features, has his advances of a girl rejected, he thinks, “she doesn’t want me because of my lack of intelligence and attractiveness.” If he were black, however, he could fall into the trap of thinking, “she doesn’t want me because I’m black.” When Goyle fails a test he thinks, “I failed this because I am dumb,” but were he to be a woman he could think, “I failed this test because old white men established this subject of study and made it intentionally esoteric to other identities.”

This is white male privilege, the inherent protection that white men have from falling into unclear thinking, and being able to explain and understand their human experience in a more true sense than non-whites and women.

2/2
>>
>>76241906

well put OP, documented and noted. anything else?
>>
>>76241886
Did Draco ever get a gf?
I wish Draco were my BF and I were a slitherin girl pawing at him and doting on his every need and going "kyaaa~ draco hit me more~"
>>
>>76242272

just use this argument when you find someone bitching about muh privilege. if you acknowledge that in a nuanced way it really does exist, you can do a lot better redpilling people.
>>
File: badgoy.gif (1 MB, 352x262) Image search: [Google]
badgoy.gif
1 MB, 352x262
>>76242513
>>
File: 1462019807540.jpg (88 KB, 466x700) Image search: [Google]
1462019807540.jpg
88 KB, 466x700
>>76241886

>always secretly believing that the sorting hat would place you in Slytherin.
>>
> If he were black, however, he could fall into the trap of thinking, “she doesn’t want me because I’m black.”
>unclear thinking

You lost me for a second OP can you explain what is unclear about this thinking?
>>
>>76242513

thanks mane!
>>
>>76242740
Is this from the New Harry Potter movie? Like where he is older
>>
>>76243062

unless the girl is a flat out racist, she has rejected him because of his physical appearance, personality, or a combination of both. his black genetics may have determined his unsightliness, but that is the fault of biology, not some broader societal construct that teaches women to not be attracted to blacks.

the water is heated by the pot, which is heated by the flame. this is similar to how the woman is rejecting the man due to his ugliness, which is effected by his genetics. just as the water is not boiled by the direct heat of the flame, that girl is not rejecting him directly due to his blackness.

at the end of the day, racial inequalities are caused by biology and nothing more.
>>
>>76242485
stop being autistic
>>
It is a privilege to be considered capable of evil, because that's the only way you can be capable of good.

If blacks aren't considered capable of guilt or evil, they are no longer seen as moral beings in society.
>>
File: captcha.png (364 KB, 693x540) Image search: [Google]
captcha.png
364 KB, 693x540
>>76243978

that's an excellent point. by attributing their failures and inequalities to some active will of society to oppress them, we remove their agency completely.

and just fucking lol at this captcha, i clicked all the flag squares and it went through
>>
>>76243732
> that is the fault of biology
It doesn't matter whose fault it is. Race/gender differences exist, not only on the surface but in personalities, and they do play a role in how people interact with one another.

If you want to convince me this a problem that unfairly favors white people, you'd have to convince me a similar trio of three friends could not exist even if they were all black, or similarly that a white guy trying to make a rapping career does not have such "unclear thinking" as assuming his lack of success in the game is due to his skin color.
>>
>>76241886
>This relationship is only able to be formed because the three white men do not view themselves and their position in society through any lens other than one of absolute objectivity.
>in the most ideological house
>absolute objectivity
Your whole post is riddled with assumptions that you don't prove or explain
>>
>>76244396

>Race/gender differences exist, not only on the surface but in personalities, and they do play a role in how people interact with one another.

liberals vehemently deny this, though. saying that whites and asians are smarter than other races because of genetics and that's why we were able to create prosperous, peaceful societies through intellectual innovation is absolute hearsay.

this is white privilege again, knowing and accepting that our differences are scientific.

my whole point is that minorities should blame god/evolution/biology for their problems, but instead blame external forces and thus enter unclouded, irrational thinking which hinders them.
>>
File: zen-of-drinking-alone.jpg (279 KB, 2042x1280) Image search: [Google]
zen-of-drinking-alone.jpg
279 KB, 2042x1280
>grew up reading and watching HP series
>loved it, read the books 20x over
>grew up, browsed /pol/ and realized it was multikulti propaganda
>have not touched any of the books or movies since
>tfw
>>
>>76244467

not an argument, show examples where any of these three blame external, prejudiced forces for a shortcoming of theirs. I am claiming that they never do this, but I can't exactly post the entirety of the Harry Potter series as my citation
>>
Would from the start of the films it is stated to Harry that he needs to be alighned with the right kind of family. The establishment of the Malfoy fortune and social standing gives Draco the power to be a dick and still have friends like Crabbe and Goyle. Even Pansy was the socialite female potential companion for Draco. Where Draco not from an established house he would not even have the oportunity to work for Voldemort. The ignorance of his companions furthers the point. They are established families who have historically aligned with the Malfoys. An outsider from "the wrong kind of family" mudblood and the like would have neither the oportunity or leniency. All the characters in the books are driven by the establishment of their families.
Therefore the underprivileged students lack the ability to find favor with snape buy the allegience of other's or even be part of the click. White privlige is the fact that generations of whites have been in more powerful positions. It's not what you know but who you know.
I think it is great how you use a racist to try and disprove white privllage. Most of us have had a job or oportunity because of our family and thus our race.
>>
>>76245036
I don't have the patience to sieve through the canon nor was I arguing against the point of them blaming other things.

My main point of contention is your claim that they viewed the world objectively when they are mired in muh purity that they looked down at people like hermonie despite she being a better student

>not an argument meme
Nigga please, your post is relying on a fucking story to form a shaky metaphor. It is barely an argument
>>
>>76245541

that's just regular privilege dude, not this hyper-specific "white male privilege"

of course being born into a rich/powerful family is a very real privilege. i am trying to debunk what the left puts forward, that the only reason white men tend to be smarter and more powerful than others is strictly due to an initial power-grab that happened in Europe, not the fact that the cold winter and millenia of warfare bred them to be highly intelligent and innovative.

also learn the difference between "where" and "were," and how to spell privilege
>>
File: voldemort.jpg (39 KB, 500x718) Image search: [Google]
voldemort.jpg
39 KB, 500x718
>>76241886
Reminder that Voldemort literally did nothing wrong, and that the filthy mudbloods were an analogy for race mixers and muggles for jews.
>>
>>76241886

GOYle

JK RowlingSTEIN is laughing in your face goys!!
>>
>>76241886
>White male privilege
>In a fictional story written for children
I look forward to the day when the characters in children's books are omni-gendered cloudkin from the planet Zinu that receives government funds from Grand Wizard Bernie Sanders and everyone lives happily ever after for eternity.
>>
File: SamHyde (2).png (348 KB, 556x286) Image search: [Google]
SamHyde (2).png
348 KB, 556x286
>>76241886
>>76241906

>This is white male privilege, the inherent protection that white men have from falling into unclear thinking, and being able to explain and understand their human experience in a more true sense than non-whites and women.

I've always felt this way but have never been able to articulate as well as you have, OP.

Its a good pill.
>>
>>76241886
>On JeWhite Male Privilege

The ultimate priviledge ...
>>
File: 2016-06-05_18.00.26.jpg (2 MB, 2982x1678) Image search: [Google]
2016-06-05_18.00.26.jpg
2 MB, 2982x1678
>>
>>76245958
you know what, you're right. I didn't write what I meant to say

>This relationship is only able to be formed because the three white men understand that their strengths and weaknesses are due to their phenotype alone.

better?
>>
File: Brownshirts.jpg (11 KB, 200x237) Image search: [Google]
Brownshirts.jpg
11 KB, 200x237
>>76241886
>white male privilege
>analogously describes Jews

gtfo JIDF
>>
>>76242485
Girlfriend: Pansy Parkinson
Eventual wife: Astoria Greengrass

t. harrypotter dot wikia dot com
>>
>>76245958
At least he "barely" has an argument
you dont have shit one way or another
>>
>>76246231
>>76246299
>>76246450

i'm so confused by these criticisms, can you guys please elaborate? i don't mention jews let alone religion at all, and i very explicitly state that this is not white male privilege in the conventional sense.
>>
>>76246663
You're implying that whites are the manipulators. Whites are not only innocent, but they're the most manipulated by Malfoy.

Whites are the greatest tools in the Jew's arsenal. Malfoy represents the Jew, not whites.
>>
>>76246365
No it isn't. My first post's greentext is the keystone of your argument. Change that and everything falls apart.

>their strengths and weaknesses are due to their phenotype alone.
Still doesn't excuse their muh purity and Hermoine. Also including Draco taking such pride in his wealth and nobility
>>
File: image.jpg (77 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
77 KB, 600x450
>>76246595
>you need to have an argument to tell someone their argument is shit
>>
File: zu01gi.png (258 KB, 500x326) Image search: [Google]
zu01gi.png
258 KB, 500x326
>>76241886
>>
>>76247007

so Draco's goons would be better off without him? that's moronic. I am concerned solely with the relationship between the three, not of their broader morality.

this is a side-track, but jews do legitimately have a privilege that regular whites do not, as they experience the benefits of high IQ, but are able to play the anti-semite card when being a minority is advantageous. there's some term for it but I can't remember, maybe another anon here knows it though. it's like jewish dualism or something I think.
>>
>>76241886
>>76241906
I'm on my phone. Can someone get a good screencap?
>>
File: 47746114.jpg (69 KB, 407x405) Image search: [Google]
47746114.jpg
69 KB, 407x405
>>76241906
His name was Robert Paulson
>>
File: 65907933.jpg (90 KB, 463x349) Image search: [Google]
65907933.jpg
90 KB, 463x349
>>76247507
His name was....
>>
>>76244906
It started getting stupid during the 6th book, anyways.
>>
>>76247136

>Change that and everything falls apart.

how so

>Still doesn't excuse their muh purity and Hermoine.

we are not concerned with their racism or external actions, merely the symbiotic relationship that the three form.

I don't really understand what you mean by Hermione, her gifts are genetic just like those of Draco and the stupidity of the goons. the three Slytherians consider her to be inferior because of her heritage, and fully accept that she has magical powers, they just don't accept her as being a "true" wizard.
>>
>>76243427
Lol are you serious? Isn't that sylvester stallone shopped on to Harry Potter character?
>>
File: 1459048860360.gif (1 MB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1459048860360.gif
1 MB, 500x281
>>76241886
>>
>>76247899
>how so
You have to reshape your argument to prove that the goons acknowledge their inferiority by showing that they understand genetics and be willing to blame it.

>they just don't accept her as being a "true" wizard
And that is the main problem. If hermonie is genetically equivalent by casting magics and shit, their refusal to acknowledge her shows a disconnect between their ideology and reality. If they only care about muh phenotype, why would care about her heritage (which is cultural in nature)
>>
>>76248030
nah that's Daniel Radcliffe aka the prostate wizard
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-06-05-22-34-15.png (308 KB, 1200x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-06-05-22-34-15.png
308 KB, 1200x1920
>>76247596
>>
>>76248526
Oh great yet another pseudo-intellectual screencap for /pol/ to circlejerk over.
>>
I think I'm stoned enough to understand what you're saying OP, but I think you could have worded it better. How do you think you can equate this to real life?
>>
>>76248411

>You have to reshape your argument to prove that the goons acknowledge their inferiority by showing that they understand genetics and be willing to blame it.

no I don't, this is a moot point. you can't prove that they don't acknowledge their genetics either. I think we can safely assume that they understand themselves to be a product of their dumb parents.

>If hermonie is genetically equivalent by casting magics and shit, their refusal to acknowledge her shows a disconnect between their ideology and reality. If they only care about muh phenotype, why would care about her heritage (which is cultural in nature)

again, how many fucking times do I have to say that we are not discussing morality. they do not have a disconnect from reality because they realize and acknowledge her ability. she isn't pureblood so they consider her to be inherently inferior to them in a moral sense.

one can be discriminatory and prejudiced and still have clear thinking. if I refuse to higher an overqualified black guy in lieu of hiring an under-qualified white one, I am not pretending that the black isn't the better candidate, I am merely being a racist on moral principle.
>>
>>76249650

*hire
>>
>>76248815

just take my last line in isolation, do you disagree with that maxim?
>>
File: sand chimp.jpg (61 KB, 369x530) Image search: [Google]
sand chimp.jpg
61 KB, 369x530
>>76248524
Get out mudshit, your flag is ugly

https://soundcloud.com/couchtruthing/take-back-our-cities
>>
>>76249650
>no I don't, this is a moot point. you can't prove that they don't acknowledge their genetics either.
Yes you do, you are the one making an argument here and you have to back it up with examples. Burden of proof is on you. I don't have an agrument so I don't need to prove shit.

>I think we can safely assume that they understand themselves to be a product of their dumb parents.
And conviently forget the prestige of the Draco family name? Post examples instead of just assuming or you are simply seeing what you want to see.

The hermonie point matters coz it does shows your previous white males are suffering from the cultural blindness you claim the others are suffering from. It renders the second portion of your argument moot.
>>
File: PR01d.jpg (161 KB, 630x474) Image search: [Google]
PR01d.jpg
161 KB, 630x474
>>76241886
>>
>>76250132
No it is qutie clear that white males are mired in their own ideologies as so many in this thread including you have shown
>>
>>76250628

>you are the one making an argument here and you have to back it up with examples

Crabbe and Goyle do not blame external, outside forces for their shortcomings, that is all I need for my logic to be sound, their understanding of genetics and heritage is completely irrelevant to my argument. please walk me through logically how my argument falls apart because of this

>And conviently forget the prestige of the Draco family name?

what the fuck does this have to do with anything?

>Post examples instead of just assuming or you are simply seeing what you want to see.

for my argument to fall apart, Crabbe and Goyle have to willingly deny that there are similarities between their parents and themselves, which they of course do not. I'm sure there are passages in the book where they acknowledge that "being a Crabbe" means that one will be mentally dull.

>The hermonie point matters coz it does shows your previous white males are suffering from the cultural blindness you claim the others are suffering from.

you completely ignored the last part of my post, I just explained how being racist doesn't mean you are delusional
>>
>>76250830

dude are you fucking trolling me at this point?

>your argument is wrong because I say so and I don't have to even have an argument to prove that yours is wrong

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Counterargument

you can't explain how white males are mired in ideology preventing us from seeing what's actually going on in the world because we aren't

the fact that you can't grasp this is fucking proving my argument dude
>>
>>76251468
>goons are ignorant of genetics, not even its existence
>three white men understand that their strengths and weaknesses are due to their phenotype alone.
Maybe with enough doublethink, someday I understand physics without being aware of how math works

>what the fuck does this have to do with anything?
An equally plausible assumption. You know what can seperate the two? Some fucking examples

>for my argument to fall apart
You don't have an argument unless you start proving what you said. Burden of proof

>I just explained how being racist doesn't mean you are delusional
Drawing a line between perception (knowing black is smarter)and action (hiring white) doesn't go against my point of culture/ideology clouding those white males' perceptions.

>>76251703
That post wasn't an argument. You asked for whether I disagree and I said yes. It is merely a stand and I didn't and still don't intend to argue for it
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.