[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why hasn't europe eradicated isis yet? why don't you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
why hasn't europe eradicated isis yet? why don't you people care about other humans? the enemy is a camping trips drive away.
>>
The zionists like ISIS. They work together.
>>
i assumed it was cowardice or possibly lack of empathy
>>
pretty sure it's because we (as in the west) have been involved in wars in the middle east for decades and everyone is tired of fighting with no resolution.
>>
>>76241391
We haven't been committed enough. We could go full on crusader on their asses fucking total war type shit reclaiming the holy lands and taking all their oil and get super rich that would be sweet
>>
>>76240865
If you lock your doors and kill intruders, the intruders win, anon.
>>
I get it. I used to be an anti-war liberal:

> by attacking them you just make their wives widows, their children orphans and all of them hate you

That's why that Trudeau meme is actually sort of inspired. "When you kill your enemies, your enemies win" is a pretty good representation of the leading leftist argument against the war.

In every single Western country, I've seen the left claim that doing X will make ISIS happy, and doing Y is "just what ISIS wants!" Apply this to any war in history to see how foolish it is:

> A cold war? That's just what Stalin wants! Don't confront them -- just draw hearts on the other side of the Berlin Wall!

It's a completely impoverished argument but at least in America it's carrying the day, largely because Obama is imprisoned by his past rhetoric and inherent weakness. I don't know why this argument is persuasive in France or Belgium, for instance, where the citizens have literally been targeted for mass slaughter literally within the last few months.
>>
Because ISIS is an idea, an extremely powerful motivator which motivates a group of people.

The ironic thing is that ISIS is basically a middle eastern flavored turbo-/pol/.
>>
>>76242307

> Literally

Sorry, sleepy and didn't look over that.
>>
>>76241897
We could, but the journalists would cry foul. Modern journalism and the internet makes committing war crimes extremely hard, and without committing war crimes we can't really go "full crusader on their asses." The only winning move seems to be to not play.
>>
>>76240865
Europe lost its balls after WWII and now the US is slowing loses theirs as well.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.