[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Basic income and refugees
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: basic-income.jpg (63 KB, 620x339) Image search: [Google]
basic-income.jpg
63 KB, 620x339
Leftists:

>Most jobs will get automated or outsourced; WE NEED BASIC INCOME!

>Europe is getting old and needs helping hands to take care of an aging population; WE NEED REFUGEES!

Why are the leftists so fucking stupid?
>>
They are just naive and over positive.
>>
I don't know. How much longer will it take for you learn about what a useful idiot is? Do you even read?
>>
>>76233224

And some of them is trying to undermine the nation whenever they get the chance.

I think every single pro-refugee activist should be arrested and jailed for aiding rapists and murderers.
>>
>>76233116
Politicians are just greedy traitors, drugaddicts and degenerate pedophiles, while ordinary leftists have hollow skulls, so they can only repeat what politicians tell.
>>
>>76233116
They want desperately to scream "WE HATE WHITEY! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!"

But that would reveal their inner pure evil character and a bunch of people would stop talking to them.

So the talk pretzel logic all day in the vain hopes of screwing up white society.
>>
>>76233742
But they scream it already on every channel in every newspaper: http://news.nationalpost.com/news/canada/ontario-judge-overturns-doctors-will-that-would-have-granted-scholarships-only-to-white-heterosexual-students
>>
>>76233116
>Aging population
>Take in refugees
>Refugees age too
>Refugees occupy starting housing market that whites should have been going into
>whites lives with mom and dad untill 30 because cost of living and housing is expensive because of insane demand on a limited market
>Whites move out later, have children later
>More refugees needed to keep economy from collapsing from lack of children.
>Ethnic demographics change
>We muslim now
>>
I would support basic income if only natural nationals could receive it.
>>
I agree on the refugee part, but the basic income makes sense to a certain degree. Maybe it's not necessary just yet, but they do have a point that many people will become jobless in the future, because automation is simply the reality, regardless of what skeptics say.

What alternative is there to basic income? Forsake them? Change the government so that it forces these people to work on something? If so, what would that be? Clearly forcing anyone into something that they don't want to do is a bad idea, regardless if payment is offered or not. Second, robot workers would be more efficient and wouldn't complain, nor need any kind of payment in the first place, rendering such an option completely pointless.

As I said, we may not be at the point where basic income is needed, but when we do reach that point, what do you propose? I can't think of an alternative to what I've already mentioned. I'd like to hear some realistic ideas. Preferably those that don't involve mass genocide.
>>
>>76233116
>Liberals believing in basic income as it could currently be implemented.
They would cry how 600$ per month is not enough for poor minorities and how they need free housing,etc, etc.
People advocating for refugees and the people advocating for basic income are not necessarily the same.
I could come up with some memes as well
>Pol wants free speech
>Pol wants an authoritarian govt
>>
>>76235073
It would be death by a thousand cuts till UBI basically resembled the current welfare state.

Who receives the UBI for a child in joint custody? Is it reasonable to give a crippled veteran more UBI than a successful engineer?

These small common sense changes would just erode things back to square 1 and thats ignoring funding and inflation.

We also have no idea how automation will really take effect. For all we know taxi drivers could be around for another 25 years because of some issues that are hard to optimize for like snow or high profile failures, sort of like how nuclear power was crippled
>>
>>76235073

>I agree on the refugee part

Why?

How does a middle-Easterner who cannot speak English and has no recognised qualifications get a job here without government investment to make them employable in the first place, thus making them a tax burden instead of a tax contributor as they were supposedly brought here to be?

Why would they want to get a job when they can get free shit that gives them a more comfortable life than they could earn in their home country that the government will willingly provide?
>>
File: smug3.png (142 KB, 511x564) Image search: [Google]
smug3.png
142 KB, 511x564
>>76233116
>the global elite will gladly pay for the unemployed masses to just sit around and do nothing
>this is what basic incomefags actually believe
>>
>>76235767

Yes, that's why it might not be necessary just yet, but it should be something to keep in mind for the future. What threshold would need to be crossed in order for nations to introduce it? 20% unemployment rate? 30%? Is there a chance that it will improve? If so, for how long do we wait before introducing it? I think that a change in the system will be necessary in order for this to work.

>>76236794

You misunderstood. My reply was to OP, who was being sarcastic about both points.

If you read OP's post and the first sentence of my post you'd understand that I disagree with refugees flowing in.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.