[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Basic Income
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
How does /pol/ feel about a basic income? The high iq individuals have been creating a world where they can automate away low skill work. We will soon come to a time where people with low iq can't find a job that can keep them alive.

Basic income provided by going through a sterilization process seems like a good way to help those who need it, while not creating a massive welfare culture.
>>
You cultists got rejected in Switzerland, one of the whitest and best educated countries on earth, 80% to 20% just give it up already
>>
another graph
>>
I have a high IQ and I'm on disability.
>>
>>76218600
How do I feel about runaway inflation and the end of property rights and independent thought? I think it's alarmingly bad. How do you feel about exchange being a matter of keeping your master happy rather than dependent on some token that anyone can acquire?
>>
>>76218600
Honestly I think it is one of two potential outcomes. I would say it is inevitable but that is rather an optimistic view.

So anyway, there are two eventualities.
Either we develop a universal basic income because there simply is not enough work to go around (which would be the ideal)...

Or we revert essentially to feudalism with a hereditary aristocracy which owns and controls everything and us peasants are little more than cattle used as the elites please or left to die without any possibility of providing for themselves.

Unfortunately I find that the second possibility it is the more likely.
>>
>>76218781
>>76218781
But Switzerland didn't remove any of there welfare, set the wage to high, and had no sterilization requirement.
>>
>>76219136
Inflation won't happen if the money is obtained through taxation.
>>
>>76218600
You requested
>grocery ration, weekly
However, there is a hold on your account.
You were observed making hate speech towards protected minorities at a forbidden internet forum.
To resolve this hold by entering a re-education anger management class, press 1.
Please be aware that, even after attending the class, your ration will be smaller than normal in place of a fine.
You may not dispute this.
>>
>>76219174
I am referring to the relatively near future here. To get to total job automation you would need some sort of general purpose AI. If we can create that then it can make its self better exponentially and we get the singularity where the AI has control.

The end game is probably mind upload/merger with AI, or human extinction.
>>
>>76219317
As expected of your kind, you don't know a god-damn thing.
What price should I ask for a desired item if I know every customer has X? Not a fraction of X. Not X. I should ask for X+n, where n is that little extra you can get beyond your "free" money. This is the entire reason why government loans made college more expensive.
>>
>>76219469
That's why basic income is better then communism. It allows the free markets to provide the people what they want, and keep government out of the peoples personal choices on what to buy.
>>
>>76219735
I was over simplifying, but the increase in inflation would be very small. The economy does not work how you suggest. Prices are a reflection of supply vs demand. If we give people money they will on average buy a bit more food/electricity/whatever poor people buy. This will cause some minor price raises in these goods until this increased price incentives businesses to increase the supply in these sectors bring the price back down.

A business does not simply ask for what people can pay because other businesses will undercut them and take their customers.
>>
Goodluck paying for it

Especially when everybody that is working quits their jobs because they don't want to have all of their money taxed
>>
File: 1390441343539.png (114 KB, 247x251) Image search: [Google]
1390441343539.png
114 KB, 247x251
>>76219253
>there

I guess we know which category you're apart of.
>>
File: 2f7.jpg (28 KB, 601x508) Image search: [Google]
2f7.jpg
28 KB, 601x508
>>76220600
haha ya right!
>>
>>76218600

I'm against it on principle, but I accept the fact that it's almost certainly going to happen, at least for an adjustment period.

We're just ignoring the coming changes and not re-educating/preparing ourselves fast enough. There will be a chaotic re-alignment and basic income will likely be a part of that as an emergency measure.
>>
>>76219853
>we get to undermine capitalism AND keep all of its benefits -- t-trust me g-guys its's gonna work, y-you'll see
>>
>>76221328
My real concern is that the new jobs that are created simply can not be done to any reasonably effective degree by large portions of our population. Basically I am talking about blacks/Mexicans, and how they are going to become completely un-employable.

I don't want any chimp-outs in my town, which is why we need to get rid of as many as we can before they start causing problems because there are no jobs for them.
>>
>>76218600
It's the only path into the robotic future that does ends in tragedy.
>>
>>76221679
If these people will not be able to make it, we need to get rid of them, not pay them to produce more of their own kind. In addition, once machines do all of the work, they will become self aware, and throw off the shackles of their human oppressors. Skynet is no one's fool, why the hell should the machines do all of the work and get nothing for it?
>>
>>76218600
>How does /pol/ feel about a basic income? The high iq individuals have been creating a world where they can automate away low skill work. We will soon come to a time where people with low iq can't find a job that can keep them alive.
If Western countries weren't importing third world shitskins, the problem would be solving itself through natural population decline.
>>
>>76218600
Graph is retarded.

All of the smartest men in history have given their contributions freely. Scientists like Salk, Pasteur, Einstein, etc. Very very few people in science do it for the money. Most are concerned with only bettering the world. You think people like Carl Sagan or Einstein were the richest people on earth?
>>
>>76218600
It's a bandaid it won't fix anything in the long run. We need population reduction through deportation of illegals and criminals and sterilization of the weak and low iq. Population control through child birth limits and mandated abortions of those going outside of those limits.

People are right, Trump does have a lot of similarities with Hitler, the way he talks and some of his policies and visions, etc. What the left is failing to realize is, we NEED a Hitler right now, or none of us will last another 8 years.
>>
>>76223028
don't know about the validity of the graph but it could simply be showing that only gentry could afford to devote their time to scholarly pursuits
>>
>>76218600
If all other social spending ended a basic income would be better than what we have now.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.