[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Could Israel defend itself? Where does all the support the US
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2
File: Flag_of_Israel.svg.png (37 KB, 2000x1455) Image search: [Google]
Flag_of_Israel.svg.png
37 KB, 2000x1455
Could Israel defend itself? Where does all the support the US gives go? What would happen to them if they lost it?
>>
The US has never fought for Israel
>>
>>76215365
oy vey, believing that you got syria, iran, palestine, egypt, jordan, and numerous other countries was from your own hard work
>>
>>76215509
what are you talking about?
>>
>>76215365
What about the tens of billions of dollars worth of free munitions that they give you annually?

What about the destruction of your enemies in Libya and Iraq?

What about opposition to Iran through espionage, diplomacy, and sanctions?
>>
File: 780.jpg (22 KB, 301x351) Image search: [Google]
780.jpg
22 KB, 301x351
>>76215658
>>76215365
Of course my mistake for asking
>>
>>76215724
It never fails.
>>
>>76215138
>Could Israel defend itself?
As long as the US and the EU buy oil to arab countries, yes.
>>
>>76215673
>What about the tens of billions of dollars worth of free munitions that they give you annually?
It's not tens of billions of dollars, it's 3.
Technology and intelligence they get in return?
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-3552727/US-tanks-test-Israeli-iron-dome-shoots-incoming-missiles-use-drones-spotters.html

>What about the destruction of your enemies in Libya and Iraq?
Libya did not pose a threat to us.
Israel Warned US Not to Invade Iraq after 9/11.
http://www.ipsnews.net/2007/08/politics-israel-warned-us-not-to-invade-iraq-after-9-11/

>What about opposition to Iran through espionage, diplomacy, and sanctions?
they only gave them official approval for the bomb in 15 years from now.

The US acts according to their own interests.
>>
>>76215138
3 words:
War of independence
>>
>>76215138
They got nukes, and without outside help, they'd probably use them. Samson Option and such.

Seriously, look up the Samson Option.
>>
>>76215138
I'll tell you my opinion about the Israeli army. Jews are great when they have missles and bomb, but without an infantry you have no army. A strong infantry is not really a matter of hypertechnological weaponry, it's all about the courage and the coordination with your comerades. Two thing the jews are not capable of. I don't think they could stand the swarm if the arab nations attacked them by land. The reasons why this doesn't happen:
1. Everybody has too much to lose
2. NATO is Israel's dog
3. Israel has nukes
But in a total war without outside support they're lost, IMO.
>>
>>76217448
>I don't think they could stand the swarm if the arab nations attacked them by land.
read a fucking book
>>
>>76217448
You have no clue do you.
Not sure if this is even worth a response, but we engaged in a tons of infantry battles its laughable you can even make such argument. We won most engagements, we have a very strong infantry, best in the ME. Also believing infantry is better than air superiority shows you are a fool, and you have not even mentioned the aircraft superiority of israel which is the bulk of what makes it win all wars. Get educated.
>>
>>76215138
Yes
To purchase American weapons
They'd have a lot more trouble fighting back against their Russian funded neighbors.
>>
They can and have quite easily

1.) US aid to Israel didn't heavily begin until after the 1973 war

2.) The Arabs always recieved more aid from the USSR than the US did from Israel until the USSR collapsed

3.) None of Israel's bordering states are existential military threats anymore

4.) Current US aid to Israel is about 1% of their GDP and 18% of their Defense Budget. It could be replaced and Russia would happily sell them whatever.

5.) Unlike all the NATO states and countries such as Japan/South Korea/Jordan/Saudi Arabia etc, the US hasn't pledged to directly defend Israel if it's attacked.

Rationally speaking there's no way to assume it couldn't defend itself. It's just a mantra used by anti-Israel people who are delusional

>Inb4 "hurr JIDF"
>>
>>76216848
>samson option

Fuuck
>>
>>76216573
This is all lies. The time is coming when justice will be done. Until then, we will overtly support them, and they will exaggerate their assistance and minimize our support.
>>
>>76216573
Israel warned US not to invade Iraq by sending their foreign minister to DC to tell them to invade. Israel works in mysterious ways.
>>
>>76218231
>JIDF detected
jk, but you do look at it too one-sided and im all for honesty (*scheming_hands_meme.jpg)

I don't want to take the other side but you forget that the US aid is not just money, US and israel share in military technology which is what gives israel the edge in battles much more than the moeny itself.
On this same note its also restrictive to israel, since USA embargo all weapon dealing for israel with other countries, so as long as we get US aid we must relay on US equipment only.
Pros and cons, but its still beneficial more than it isnt
>>
>>76216573
>i-its just 3 billion EVERY FUCKING YEAR JUST FROM THE U.S.A. on top of cheap or free handouts from the U.S. and U.S. allies

>Technology and intelligence they get in return?
>LE GADDAFII MUST GO BECAUSE THAT WILL STABILIZE THE MIDDLE EAST
>IRAN HAS TOTALLY A NUKE PROGRAMM THIS TIME
>BUT THIS TIME
>NO SERIOUSLY THEY ARE THE GREATEST THREAD PLEASE BOMB THEM
>LOL LOOK WE ARE SOO LEVEL HEADED AND TOLD THE US NOT TO BOMB IRAK, LETS NOT MENTION WE JUST TOLD THEM TO BOMB IRAN INSTEAD FOR NO REASON
>le Iron Dome is an Israeli product and Israel isn't just a testbed for Jew branded U.S. technology

The world can do very well without your leeching
>>
>>76218702
>>76218791
>blatantly making up shit

Who do you think you're fooling?
>>
>>76217916
>>76217946
LMAO, the JIDF is always on time. If Israel is so great, how do you explain the Yom Kippur war? You were getting swarmed and you had to call up Nixon, said you would make a big nuclear mess if you weren't helped. Aircraft superiority ain't shit. I guess you all can be flying your planes while the Muslims conquer Jerusalem. All you can do with your air superiority is kill civilians. But that would be useless because you'd get swarmed in no time. Now I am exagerating, you do stand a chance, but it's far from 100%. Infantry is still the most important corp and there isn't much that money and technology can do with that. You know that is your weakness, which is why you keep reminding everyone of the nuclear option.
>>
>>76219064
We still won yom kippur war, it was jstu a loss in terms of we did poorly compared to other wars.
Their goal was to destroy israel right? Well we are still here, you can't say we lost. Ontop of that, egypt had more casualties than israel in that war. We took a hit, but we fended egypt off, only a muslim shill will call that a "victory fro egypt"
>>
>>76219064
>If Israel is so great, how do you explain the Yom Kippur war?

Israel sat on it's hands at the request of the US, and look where it got them.
>>
>>76219064
Airstrikes are a primary vector or for white phosphorus. Clear out invaders and collect mpre data for military contractors.

>tfw didn't take advantage of the weapons engineering industry job fair in college

Feels bad.
>>
>>76215138
Israel are a bunch of kikes. i hate the fact they have a state, they dont deserve it, they just got the un to decree for them that it was theirs, they hadnt been there for a thousand years.

i wish adolf finished the job
>>
>>76215138
No
Keeping Israel on the map and bribing us politicians
Gassed
>>
>>76219822
potato nigger at its finest
>>
>>76219303
Deliberately ignoring the point, I see. You won because you were helped by the USA. >>76219605
I won't deny that white phosphorus is great but it's still an indiscriminate killer. Which brings me back to my point about infantry: humans can't yet be cheaply substituted. Humans can tell friend from foe, military from civilian, they can go into buildings and bunkers and most importantly they can hold a position. That's why I think in a context of total war it's important to have a lot of brave mofos. Think about it, that's all ISIS has: a bunch of ignorant fools with AKs and no fear. Look where it got them. In an all out war, you either fight them one on one or blow the whole area into oblivion, killing a lot of civvies.
>>
>>76220399
And the Arabs wouldn't have been any sort of threat if they weren't being helped, funded, armed and trained by the Soviets. Even then, it took multiple larger nations to threaten tiny Israel.
>>
>>76215138
>Could Israel defend itself?
Sure because they have nukes and their biggest threat are muslims and arabs who are living inside their borders or in their concentration camp. Nobody would attack them.
>>
>>76215365
Uh. Fuck you.

I hope Trump cuts off all your funding.
>>
>>76220946
That was Israel fighting for France and England.
>>
>>76215365 (((you)))
>>
>>76220390
>Germany

fuckin cuck
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.