[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should there be a distinction between gender and sex? Why?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: 2016-04-27 07.53.35.png (59 KB, 1070x327) Image search: [Google]
2016-04-27 07.53.35.png
59 KB, 1070x327
Should there be a distinction between gender and sex? Why?
>>
If you need a distinction between your sex and gender you're mentally ill.
>>
>>76213375
Fpbp

/thread
>>
>>76213375
FPBP
>>
>>76213208
definitions are just definitions
I think it's more useful to have more definitions and less synonyms
>>
In medical books:

Sex = Presence of Y chromosome and its activation not suppressed
Gender = lolwhocares
>>
>>76213208
Considering how the Sun is composed entirely of gasses it's pretty redundant to discuss how long one could 'stand' on its surface.
Assuming the approach towards the sun is somehow doable without combusting and evaporating into nothingness on the way there, a person, or any object really, would be sucked towards the centre of the Sun and not 'stand' on its surface.
Given the 3-8kC temperature along the surface and a gradual increase in temperature towards the centre, this is a freaking idiotic picture, OP.
>>
>>76213208
Any gender other than male or female is a social construct.
>>
>>76214028
Should people be able to choose?
>>
>>76214139
A person can choose to identify as whatever they want, it doesn't make it real. I'm a car.
>>
>>76214353
Auto-Loos Poo out.
>>
>>76214934
Thank you for making me important enough to reply to.
>>
>>76215258
You're welcome, I felt you could use a boost, you are a No-Poo-in-Looian after all.
>>
Gender doesn't even mean anything. If you say "I'm a woman" without it referring to your vagina, breasts and/or xx chromosomes, you're not really saying anything.

I've still yet to find any definition of gender that doesn't boil down "what you identify as" (as if that means anything.
>>
>>76215871
Thank you for the boost. I did need it.
I feel you need a boost also. Hold fast sweed bro you will get your country back.
>>
>>76213208
No because there is none and we shouldn't replace facts with feelings. No matter how many protests it stops. The only thing that makes humans important in this universe is our ability to comprehend it, without it we are worthless.
>>
>>76216340
Thanks, your faith will keep me going.
I've barred my windows, Jamal and his pack aint coming in here tonight.
>>
>>76217291
Pajeet smiles and leaves the street.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.