[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Humanity has only one fucking purpose
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 171
Thread images: 21
File: warpdrivediagramedited-570x380.jpg (87 KB, 570x380) Image search: [Google]
warpdrivediagramedited-570x380.jpg
87 KB, 570x380
To stay alive from generation to generation.

And yet 99% of our money goes to Facebook, iPhones, BMW, Tesla, Champagne, Football etc. instead of space exploration.

What is wrong with humanity?
>>
>>76205932
Energy.

Costs too much damn energy and money to get into space.

And then theres the speed of light limit which you can never really break...
>>
File: 1464661317065.jpg (186 KB, 2050x994) Image search: [Google]
1464661317065.jpg
186 KB, 2050x994
>>76205932
Humanity is heading in that direction. Google is helping our species evolve into a hivemind controlled by an AI. Pic related.
>>
>>76205932
how much have you donated to research in this area this month?
>>
Alcubierre drive needs exotic negative mass-energy matter that probably doesn't exist
>>
>>76205932
Yeesh. Instead of going to space with our shitty rockets, we at least need a war to advance technology. Also, do you think that we should gocus on space rather than focusing on the problems of the world?
>>
>>76205932
>To stay alive from generation to generation.
West in particular already accomplished that with flying numbers. (technology=low infant mortality)

All struggles for life lost, life got too easy, guidelines too solid. Human consciousness needs struggle in order to discern meaning.

Now with meaning lost, you stop having children and sink your earnings into meaningless pursuit of lifeless novelty.

Too much comfort in the west is what killed the west.
>>
>>76205932
What does money have to do with staying alive generation to generation? If we're just looking at meagerly staying alive, as a species, then you need no money at all.
>>
>>76205932
>How dare the vast majority of people have different desires, priorities, and goals than me!
>>
>>76206140
>And then theres the speed of light limit which you can never really break...
What is the pic in my OP?

>>76206342
>how much have you donated to research in this area this month?

>>76206476
>Alcubierre drive needs exotic negative mass-energy matter that probably doesn't exist

First: yes, it may just not exist. Second: but there is a chance it exists. Third: we may just not need negative energy after all, but use - similar to the EMDrive - the quantum characteristics of space.

http://ntrs.nasa.gov/archive/nasa/casi.ntrs.nasa.gov/20110015936.pdf
>>
>he fell for the mexican warp drive meme
>>
>>76207019
>>How dare the vast majority of people have different desires, priorities, and goals than me!

WTF? I said "humanity", not me.

What fucking purpose does humanity have, if we just die off in the next 100 years, killing ourselves with some super-resistant super bug or virus, or just are so bored that we explode nukes and kill us all?
>>
>>76206752
>implying technology can be advanced past nuking each other
>>
>implying humanity is meant to exist

we're an accident. we aren't meant to be here. space holds no salvation for us.
>>
File: th.jpg (5 KB, 300x112) Image search: [Google]
th.jpg
5 KB, 300x112
We were well on our way in the 60's and 70's. But then the Jewish infection metastasized and our minds and economies have been fully enslaved for Jewish purposes.

You have to understand that the Jew is not a dreamer. He is not an explorer. He does not have profound spiritual experiences.

Heroism, adventure, romantic love, exploration for explorations sake, these things are exclusively white characteristics. We must break free.

I support the total and complete expulsion of all jews from white society.
>>
DELETE THIS
>>
Lobby your congressperson.

http://www.penny4nasa.org/
>>
>>76205932
Deep shown, most humans want to die. I have not yet met one that actually truly wants to live.
>>
>>76207034
>similar to the EMDrive
Ah yes the meme drive with no peer reviewed studies
>>
File: All humans are crazy.png (118 KB, 877x1700) Image search: [Google]
All humans are crazy.png
118 KB, 877x1700
>>76207204
Why does humanity need a purpose? And, as a followup, who isn't to say that if we do go out to the stars that we won't come across some incredibly aggressive alien or super bug out there?
>>
>>76208305
Babbys first existential crisis? Such a stupid and baseless assumption.
>>
File: 2hx0cn8.jpg (37 KB, 880x658) Image search: [Google]
2hx0cn8.jpg
37 KB, 880x658
>>
>>76206342
Idk what it's like across the pond, but personal donations isn't what runs our space agency.
>>
>>76208504
Oh boy are you in for some rude surprise...
>>
>>76205932
One of these trivial uses for our technology could lead to a break through essential to space colonisation.
It may seem like a waste of time and money but these things we do push the boundaries of science and technology.
Any one of them could result in an improvement to your everyday life in space.
>>
>>76207527
>we're an accident. we aren't meant to be here. space holds no salvation for us.
I am pretty sure we are meant to exist. People who think this was all random and there is no plan whatsoever, must be completely fucked in the brain.
>>
>>76208467
why not?
>>
>>76206140
>Costs too much damn energy and money to get into space.
We have power generation needed to do this already, just because it isnt advertised in public doesnt mean it doesnt exist.

>And then theres the speed of light limit which you can never really break
Correct but you can get around this.
>>
>>76208467
>Why does humanity need a purpose?
Diversification. Staying on Earth means sure death of our race. Diversifying by colonizing hundreds or thousands of other worlds, means that humanity at least survives for a few thousand years on some of those colonized worlds.

The ultimate reason to do this is to find the answer to the very question of life itself: Why are we here? The simulation ends, when we find that answer.
>>
>>76208662
>One of these trivial uses for our technology could lead to a break through essential to space colonisation.

Nope, it can't. Facebook won't lead to space colonisation, BMWs neither, iPhones also do not help, nor does Lady Gaga.
>>
File: feels.jpg (37 KB, 500x596) Image search: [Google]
feels.jpg
37 KB, 500x596
>>76205932
So far so good. So good, in fact, that we can spend spare change on connectivity *an important variable to our evolution) and entertainment.

Not sure where you get the idea that something is wrong.

You think exploring our local space region via fossil fuels is more important than the connectivity of our species?

Jesus, man.
>>
>>76205932
We're getting there, it just slowed down a lot. SpaceX is perfecting their reusable rockets, Nasa is working on their Mars rocket, we still working out kinks in the Saturn X, didn't Hubble just get a new upgrade?
It'll happen, anon, just not when the Sci Fi writers thought.
>>
File: magic humans.jpg (581 KB, 1884x1255) Image search: [Google]
magic humans.jpg
581 KB, 1884x1255
>>76208891
So you're saying that humanity should basically find another Americas and make another New World?

>>76208987
I would argue that iPhones, through proxy of pocket computers or communication devices, would help in space colonization. In the same vein, all smart phones, be they android, blackberry, Windows phone, etc. help.
>>
>>76208891
>Diversification. Staying on Earth means sure death of our race. Diversifying by colonizing hundreds or thousands of other worlds, means that humanity at least survives for a few thousand years on some of those colonized worlds
What makes you think we don't need natural unification for that to happen first? Connectivity is the catalyst. You're simply skipping stages. You're like a bad futurist who just can't let go of being wrong about his prediction from 20 years ago.
>>
Why?Actually it doesnt matter for nothing staying existing.
>>
>>76209086
The problem is that we are running out of easily extractable resources fast. And we are screwing up this planet. And a single superbug or virus can kill us all.
>>
Space doesn't exist. The earth is a plane. Try getting past the firmament. This is why your country is cucked, you've abandoned God
>>
File: turd-polishers-local.jpg (122 KB, 500x528) Image search: [Google]
turd-polishers-local.jpg
122 KB, 500x528
>>76205932
Why?

Why is that supposedly our one and only purpose, seriously? Can you justify that at all or did you just pull it out of your ass and start polishing?
>>
>>76209137
>SpaceX is perfecting their reusable rockets
Please fuck off with SpaceX's 1960s tech. They are not the solution, they are the fucking problem.
>>
>>76209334
Sounds like something that can be solved with technology. You don't think so? Why not?

You think if we run out of fossil fuels we just die off? Futurism is not your strong point, sir.
>>
>>76209137
>chemical rockets
Idiot.
>>
>>76209303
I am not saying that connectivity isn't bad. I am saying that 99%+ of our efforts, money and time is spent on things not directly helping us survive. That ain't good.

If you were stranded on a boat on the ocean, would you spend 99% of your time playing computer games and 1% rowing towards the coast, or at least 50% rowing and 50% playing with your iPhone?
>>
>>76205932
Literaly drinking champagne right now after my gf started nagging because I don't want to make her a kid.
>>
>>76209546
>Why not?
I do not believe we can survive say 1000 years or even 500 years on this Earth without killing us all.

I think this assumption is just common sense.
>>
>>76209673
>I don't want to make her a kid.
What the hell is wrong with you? Why are you so selfish and degenerate? The whole point of having a gf is to have kids.
>>
Prove that space is real without cgi and paintings
>>
>>76209589
>I am not saying that connectivity isn't bad. I am saying that 99%+ of our efforts, money and time is spent on things not directly helping us survive. That ain't good.
You realize you're trying to dictate evolution? What makes you think you know better than billions of years of instinct?

We are in the age of connectivity. This seems a necessary step to doing what we will then need to do to survive past earth.

Citation: We're going it.

Why is that good enough?

Citation: We've survived based on the instincts that lead us to evolutionary causes for billions of years.
>>
>>76208987
Sorry. I was trying to imitate the usual response given when people ask 'Why bother with space exploration?'

While the examples given probably don't lead to many advances relevant to space today, in the past miniaturisation of electronics has been pivotal making satellites cheap enough to be useful.
You never know which new technology will turn out the be useful outside the field for which it was originally intended.
The next new material for making sports cars could be the standard for future space craft.
>>
>>76209889
>I do not believe we can survive say 1000 years or even 500 years on this Earth without killing us all.
Alright, well you and the scientologists can go preach on the streets about your lunacies then.

Waiting on evidence and citations for such a conclusion.
>>
>>76210140
>What makes you think you know better than billions of years of instinct?
Billions of years of evolution. If we know one thing it is that species who get complacent and do not evolve, but stagnate, die out... die out very fast.

Humanity has lost its drive, its purpose. If you don't see that, you are blind.
>>
>>76206288
That is the technocrats solution to allowing humanity to survive. I counter that we must inhabit other planets as quickly as possible. If survival means living inside a machine then we have changed the fundamentals of being human. We are the sum of our mental and physical experiences.
>>
>>76210275
>Billions of years of evolution. If we know one thing it is that species who get complacent and do not evolve, but stagnate, die out... die out very fast.
No, we don't know that. We know species' die to predator species or species' that out evolve them.

What animal do you have in mind to do that to us?

>inb4 "ourselves"
>>
File: Map-339091.jpg (26 KB, 590x350) Image search: [Google]
Map-339091.jpg
26 KB, 590x350
>>76210207
>Waiting on evidence and citations for such a conclusion.
Of course there is no citation for a prediction like that.

As to evidence, what do you think will happen if we run out of easily mineable rare earths such as Lithium, uranium, platinum, copper, aluminum etc.?

What do you think happens if something like the Spanish flu gets around, but this time a little more fucked up than last time?

What do you think what happens if fanatic religious idiots believe in the end of the world and try to kill us all? ISIS believes the end of the world is near and that the last battle will be fought in pic related.
>>
>>76210372
>What animal do you have in mind to do that to us?
Humans. We are an apex-predator. And as such, we are out there to hunt ourselves.
>>
The Earth is flat
>>
>>76210616
>As to evidence, what do you think will happen if we run out of easily mineable rare earths such as Lithium, uranium, platinum, copper, aluminum etc.?
Probably be inclined to invent a replacement method to the technologies they were necessary for.

When crunch time happens, our desire equates to results. The atom bomb, for instance. Damn thing was invented in a few years.

Other techs seem easy in comparison.

Will just take motivation.

Sooner we run out of traditional resources, the better.
>>
>>76210712
>Humans. We are an apex-predator. And as such, we are out there to hunt ourselves.
Cool.

So you're saying humans survive.

Since the only evolutionary detriment in species to species extinction is ourselves; we thus survive. You're proving yourself wrong.
>>
>>76207527
Life is meant to be no matter the shape and size. Life's main goal is to expand and figure out the best ways to do it.
>>
The Earth is actually flat look it up on Jewtube
>>
>>76210799
Then tell us all why we have seen 30 years or unemployment increases worldwide, 30 years of rising costs for rare Earths and 30 years of rising energy costs?

If we are so great in inventing new tech, why is shit which we can take from the Earth costing that much more?

Or what about fish? Do you know that overfishing will kill off most economically viable fishing areas in the world in the next 15 years?
>>
>>76210799
>The atom bomb, for instance. Damn thing was invented in a few years.
Yet it was completed with the help of the Germans.

By the estimates from the Manhattan project itself it wouldnt have enough stock piled fissile material for the bombs until November, however due to the capture of a German U boat that we had agreed to capture in exchange for better treatment of paperclip scientists we got fissile material and the IR detonators required for the bombs which was invented in Germany.

>There are people that dont even know the history of the Atom bomb
lel
>>
Who the fuck cares about space? It was a good idea in the 60s when we had no idea what could be out there but now that we know it's all a bunch of nothing there's no point going back out there.
>>
>>76211059
>If we are so great in inventing new tech, why is shit which we can take from the Earth costing that much more?
Because for the past 70 years or so now there has been a concerted effort by those in charge to get the upper echelons of world govt, specifically the US govt, to bring themselves to parity with threats not of this planet.
>>
>>76211059
>Then tell us all why we have seen 30 years or unemployment increases worldwide, 30 years of rising costs for rare Earths and 30 years of rising energy costs?
>If we are so great in inventing new tech, why is shit which we can take from the Earth costing that much more?
What do temporary and fluctuating market rates have to do with our billion year evolution and survival chances? You know what salt was worth a thousand years ago in most regions? More than gold. So what? Things change.

>>76211059
>Or what about fish? Do you know that overfishing will kill off most economically viable fishing areas in the world in the next 15 years?
Is that like how we will be underwater in 2010? Many global warming computer models put us there. I'm sorry, these kinds of things are just not real evidence of anything. I'm still waiting for the coming ice age everyone was told about in the 70s.
>>
>>76208126
None of the space development in the 60s and 70s was sustainable.
It was expensive as fuck.

That's the reason it collapsed, not "da joos"
>>
>>76207527
there are no accidents m8, everything is all determined
>>
>>76211081
>There are people that dont even know the history of the Atom bomb
I was referring to "we" as a species, not a my country.
>>
>>76205932
How many children do YOU have?
>>
its not that hard to stay alive and have sex retard
>>
>>76211393
>I was referring to "we" as a species, not a my country.
Well forgive me then, it is just that most people are not even aware that the atom bomb could never have been completed in the timescale it was without the help of Nazi Germany.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (278 KB, 1682x1050) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
278 KB, 1682x1050
>>76211081
The Germans literally had no idea what they were doing in atomic research

Perhaps they shouldn't have kicked out so many of their smartest Jewish physicists
>>
>>76209137
SpaceX is awesome, NASA ain't doing any of that shit you said though.
>>
File: you have to go back.png (35 KB, 856x612) Image search: [Google]
you have to go back.png
35 KB, 856x612
>>76207189
>Mexican Warp Drive
>>
File: 1435967540758.jpg (56 KB, 497x750) Image search: [Google]
1435967540758.jpg
56 KB, 497x750
>>76205932

Honestly, we need to solve our aging problem first. Then we will have enough reason (over population) to go into space and can actually live long enough to travel the stars.
>>
>>76206288
I'm fine with that. That's the next step of Human evolution, we're switching from Automatic to Manuel.
>>
>>76211822
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manfred_von_Ardenne
This man had a better way to produce fissile uranium than we did in the US.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ronald_Richter
This man has been proved 100% right with his theories in the 70s, all of which was classified immediately and from then on used by LMT and Boeing to produce advanced airframes.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Epsilon
If you look at the transcripts of this conversation of secretly recorded paperclip scientists you will notice that they describe exactly what the US did for its bomb production while also describing methods to make it more efficient.

You may also want to look for FOIA requests about tests witnessed at rügen island during WWII by the Germans.

You are clearly ignorant of history, but it isnt your fault as you were never taught it.
>>
>>76211338
It's because we stopped dreaming. We stopped dreaming because of the Jews and their filthy tricks
>>
>>76211167
Because we currently have all our eggs in one basket. To ensure the survival of the species we need to colonize new planets and star systems.

One top of the risk from asteroids and comets, something like a gamma ray burst could literally kill everything on the planet at any moment with no warning.
>>
>>76212238
To further add, Von Ardenne is also the only non Russian in the history of the USSR to receive a Stalin Award for science due to his help to bring the USSR up to a nuclear power.
>>
dissipation
>>
>>76212142
You unironically see the natural process of aging and dying a problem?

Get the fuck off this board.
>>
>>76205932
Because liberals and niggers exist.

I just want to explore the galaxy ;_;
>>
>>76211822
>Perhaps they shouldn't have kicked out so many of their smartest Jewish physicists

Otto Hahn literally discovered nuclear fission.

Building a nuke wasn't about understanding how to do it, but investing the resources into a massive engineering project to produce enough uranium-235 or plutonium for a nuke.
>>
>Idiots actually want to tread into the possibility of making contact with higher civilizations that would love to colonize our asses
>>
>>76212763
Just another reason we need a backup planet.
>>
>>76212954
>Just another reason we need a backup planet.
Exactly. And if we really find someone else, we better also have fucking photon torpedos and space phasers.
>>
>>76208586

Is the crow a Jew?
>>
>>76211338
If space exploration isn't sustainable, then our welfare programs are an order of magnitude worse and we should suspend them this very instant.
>>
>>76212238
>>76212380
Did you even read what I posted?

Germany was laughably behind the US in nuclear research by every standard of measure

Their "most successful" reactor never worked as its design was based on several false assumptions

To assert that German science had anything to do with helping the Manhattan Project is retarded stormfag revisionist history

>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Epsilon
The first atom bomb was already built before any of these guys were captured

>>76212628
Otto Hahn had nothing to do with the Manhattan Project.
>>
>>76213171
It's a nigger getting a free ride.
>>
>>76213139
considering how long we've been looking without finding anything I think the chances of encountering another species right off the bat is pretty low, and even if we do they're probably just Vulcans or some shit, passive onlookers intentionally hiding from us while studying our development
>>
>>76213248
Apollo was cancelled because there wasn't enough public support to continue the massive funding it needed
by definition it was unsustainable
>>
>>76213416
>Germany was laughably behind the US in nuclear research by every standard of measure
That explains why the germans invented a better way to sublimate fissile material that was twice as effective.

>To assert that German science had anything to do with helping the Manhattan Project is retarded stormfag revisionist history
>documented historical facts are the fantasy of history revisionists
I wont even address your stupidity of this point.

>The first atom bomb was already built before any of these guys were captured
I never said it wasnt idiot, I said that if you read the transcript in its totality you will notice that they describe each step of the process the US project did while also describing a better way to produce fissile material that the US didnt even think of.

Jesus fuck you are dense and totally unaware of history.
>>
>>76213416
>Otto Hahn had nothing to do with the Manhattan Project.
Nuclear chemistry isnt part of making an atom bomb now? When did that happen?
>>
>>76213692
The Germans had no successful reactors, no successful criticality experiment, and not even a workable theory on how a bomb would work

nuclear enrichment is literally just chemistry
You just stated that setting up the enrichment infrastructure is the "easy part, it just takes money" and then went on to exclaim how this was Germany's greatest nuclear science achievement

>unaware of history!
Keep shouting this stormfag scum
It's hilarious and pathetic
>>
>>76213629
>Vulcans or some shit, passive onlookers intentionally hiding from us while studying our development
Stalkers?

We better get lots of nukes ready for the occasion!
>>
>>76214179
>The Germans had no successful reactors, no successful criticality experiment, and not even a workable theory on how a bomb would work
Well there was on in Norway and one under Berlin that the USSR gained control of when the city was split between the west and the east.

>You just stated that setting up the enrichment infrastructure is the "easy part, it just takes money" and then went on to exclaim how this was Germany's greatest nuclear science achievement
No I didnt, I pointed out that if you are correct in your assertion that the nation that invented Nuclear Chemistry was so retarded that it couldnt make it work then how did they manage to not only produce fissile material but do so better than we did.

I see you still havent looked into the documented bomb tests on Rugen island much less anything I said.

But do go on telling me that I am retarded even though historical facts back up my point better than they will ever do yours.

I really like your name calling and all of your sources, oh wait.
>>
>>76214314
>tfw the president is already a Stalker
Should've nuked Neo Kobe when we had the chance
>>
>>76205932

Everything! because you guys where outnumbered from the Axis cunts. So you sadly lost, fucking Germany be strong! and we all getting fuck.
>>
>>76205932
there is no space colonization, we will all die with the earth.

it doesn't matter though, by the time that day comes there wont even be any white people left due to low white birth rates while niggers, Indians, and Asians have 10+ kids per household, whites will be race mixed out of existence

your basically hoping for a bunch of future monkey faced mud skinned mullattos to be smart enough to warp through space, just to have more ugly monkey looking mullato "people"
>>
>>76205932
thanks for internet we have chance to have everyone aiming for improved technology, but before that we need to fix political system that tries to make the world made of nothing but consumers and sheep to herd for the elite, little do they know this will affect themselves as well. they will become paranoid in one world goverment i promise you
>>
>>76207034
>What's in my pic

Unrealistic standards
>>
>>76214663

Ho fuck I mean the allied cucks cunts
>>
>>76209137
NASA's "mars rocket" is nothing but a waste of money.

By the time it actually flies, it will be overbudget, underdeliver, and be outcompeted by spacex's offerings.

But at least a bunch of incumbent contractors will make a lot of money off it, and the politicians whose hands they greased to get the contract.
>>
>>76214986
>one chemical rocket is better than another chemical rocket
Who the fuck cares? Chemical rockets are not the way we get to space today, only NASA and the public still thinks that.
>>
>>76214986
SpaceX's Falcon Heavy is tiny and underperforming compared to NASA's SLS, assuming Falcon Heavy ever even gets off the ground.
>>
>>76206140

>And then theres the speed of light limit which you can never really break.

Warp Drives do not break the speed of light. They circumvent that by distorting space to change locations instead of moving in the traditional sense. It is very possible and proven to be able to do this. The Universe is expanding at a rate "faster" than c, because it is a distortion of space, not a physical object travelling faster than c.

The warp drive is still probably impossible though, because of the negative energy problem you mention. Also some physicists calculated that it would require an amount of energy close to the sun's total annual output.
>>
File: 1459644710138.jpg (143 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
1459644710138.jpg
143 KB, 960x720
>>76205932
>image
>believing in negative mass
>>
>>76215142
Take your conspiracy bullshit to /x/ faggot.
>>
>>76215440
Good joke

I'd frankly be surprised if the SLS ever gets off the ground, in any form.
>>
>>76205932
Daily reminder that the fermi paradox is real.

We will be wiped out in one way or another before we can become a type 3 civilization.
>>
>>76215669
>conspiracy
Gabriel Kron said you are an idiot back in 1929.

If people from 1929 know better than you maybe you should pick up a book and better yourself.
>>
>>76215695
SLS has a higher chance of flying than Falcon Heavy at this point

its first flight was supposed to be in 2012 and it's already been delayed to 2017

SLS by comparison was supposed to debut in 2017 but has only been delayed to 2018

SpaceX's rocket failure rate is also the second-worst in the industry
>>
>>76215695
They are being built as we speak, like actually being fabricated. First test launch is slated for 2018.

They are a pointless waste of money, but they will fly.
>>
>>76215766
Like I said go circlejerk about imaginary space travel in /x/. No one wants to listen to your faggotry.
>>
>>76216032
>I dont understand tensor calculus or quantum chemistry, so you must be wrong.
Just because you are uneducated doesn't mean the same for the entirety of the population.
>>
>>76206140
So what if it takes a lot of energy? What do you think a dyson sphere is for?

>And then theres the speed of light limit which you can never really break..

So what?
>>
File: 1453624387556.png (376 KB, 535x460) Image search: [Google]
1453624387556.png
376 KB, 535x460
How can you have an advanced society that can actually do space exploration without increasingly complex social networking tools?

How can you have a society that can explores space if the people in that society cant get together and enjoy a sporting event?

You need people to pave the roads and clean the restrooms that the scientists use. You're being unbelievably myopic to think that football and other sporting events aren't important, they're a part of social cohesion and without it you might find having a society sufficiently advanced hard to maintain. There's a reason why sports and celebrities exist, they're unbelievably important elements of a culture.
>>
>>76216151
you do realize even a tenth of the energy that a Dyson sphere would produce would in turn produce enough heat to burn through basically every element except for a few gasses
>>
>>76216151
also you cant move the energy from the dyson sphere to the earth
>>
>>76216121

So are you claiming knowledge of workable FTL? Why not design an experiment proving it and collect your nobel prize and fields medal?
>>
>>76215142
>Chemical rockets are not the way we get to space today, only NASA and the public still thinks that.
What is the best way then, faggot?

Don't tell me you're one of those nuclear pulse fags
>>
>>76215917
We'll see. I don't exactly put much stock in the efforts of ULA or any other traditional contractors. If there is one defining trait that encompasses all of them, it is incompetence.

>>76215899
spacex also has very few flights compared to most others in the industry and are a startup with a completely new rocket design; it should be expected that the initial flights are riskier than ones decades later when all the kinks have been worked out.

And - spacex offers prices the rest of the aerospace industry simply cannot compete with. A lot of people are just salty that they're getting btfo by the new kid on the block. Of course they talk shit.
>>
>>76205932
Space travel needs to be a thing before whites are gone so we have a fucking chance to get off this rapidly changing socialist mudball and start somewhere new.
>>
>>76205932
You can delete as much as you want. Your families will get into this. ANd yes you can hurt analmouse. I will hunt you down, you little motherfuckers, and you can call the FBI, they are next once the time is right.
>>
The day humanity lets go of issues around skin colour and elimination of most religions will be the day humanity will travel the stars.

Hate to break it to you /pol/ but humanity will never reach the stars. We are forever doomed to be a Type 1 Civilization. We are too petty and too violent to experience such wonders.
>>
>>76216985
ULA is a younger company than SpaceX and has never had a launch failure

SpaceX has reliability issues because the can't into q/c, it has nothing to do with them being a "new" company

Also, I was not including their initial falcon 1 failures in the "second least reliable launch provider" calculation.
>>
>>76205932
Not enough people can contribute to space exploration.

We're probably close to maxing out our resource allocation for something like that.
>>
>>76217219
>The day humanity lets go of issues around skin colour and elimination of most religions will be the day humanity will travel the stars.
get the fuck out of my board you fucking summerfag
>>
>>76217312
Thread raised a serious question
I gave a serious answer :^)
>>
File: 1463809729483.png (6 KB, 473x311) Image search: [Google]
1463809729483.png
6 KB, 473x311
>>76217219
>>
>>76216871
>So are you claiming knowledge of workable FTL? Why not design an experiment proving it and collect your nobel prize and fields medal?
One is my job prevents me from doing so and the other is that current models of accepted physics, namely everything post edited Maxwell equations, doesnt allow for such a technology to exist.

>>76216937
Super cooled electrically charged magnetically counter rotated plasma's can be used to generate more power than they take in to start which can also be utilized to created field effects which can help lower the mass of objects inside of said field effect. This was all experimented with in the 30s-mid 50s in public then after 54 it was no longer talked about in scientific journals.

Gabriel Kron is significant because he talks about how energy can be gated based on circuit geometry from so called quantum vacuum energy fields. His theories put forth in his works in the 20s were worked on in Germany along with the US.

Ronald Richter is important because he talks about working on those experiments that occurred in Germany to USAF staff that interviews him in 1954 after certain hydrogen bomb tests do not go as they expect. The information they were given at that time could not be worked on until about 1972 or a little later as technology had not progressed to the point to verify what he said. The transcript of the interview and conclusions the USAF drew based on it are on public record now as posted FOIA requests.

This history, while obscure in the extreme is all public knowledge, along with the names of the scientists given I have not jeopardized my position at all while also giving you, if you are inclined and posses not only an open mind but one capable of understand high science a very solid starting point to understand what is truly possible today.
>>
>>76217846
>can also be utilized to created field effects which can help lower the mass of objects inside of said field effect
No.
>>
>>76216985
Say what you want about ULA's cost and efficiency. They (and their constituent companies Boeing and Lockheed) have built hundreds of rockets that have actually launched.

They've been involved with plenty of huge programs ranging from Apollo to the Mars Rovers, to the ISS.

Their monopoly status and lobbying efforts made them complacent and horribly inefficient, but that is changing rapidly because of the actual competition they are getting from companies like SpaceX, Orbital ATK and Orbital Sciences.

I'd bet any amount of money that SLS will fly eventually. It's just that it's a rocket without a mission, and the money would have been better spent on a real Mars mission or a real lunar mission.
>>
>>76217580
> :^)
alright you fucking baiting cunt I gave you a response to stop your shit.now quit.baiting.you.leaf.cunt.
>>
>>76217306
>ULA is a younger company than SpaceX and has never had a launch failure

ULA is a combination of Lockheed and Boeing you disingenuous fuck. They created ULA specifically so they wouldn't have to compete against each other. "Younger company" my fucking ass.
>>
>>76217306
ULA is just Boeing+Lockheed, it's not really a new company. Boeing and Lockheed have been involved in Nasa Rockets since before Apollo.
>>
>>76208685
Funny, I think the exact opposite.
>>
>>76209381
Are you stupid?
>>
>>76208685
What evidence is there that we have a purpose?

I understand the allure of the idea that we are special and have some kind of meaning, I've just never heard a good argument for it.
>>
File: 1464310830505.jpg (97 KB, 400x386) Image search: [Google]
1464310830505.jpg
97 KB, 400x386
>>76208616
Yes ours is run by respectable means... like red bull
>>
>>76207527
What's the point of framing everything in some pointlessly large common context? We exist, and we are here to do what's best for us, the end.
>>
>>76217977
>I dont understand the science so it must not be true!
Everything in modern physics is based on Maxwell's equations, which were edited from their original quaternion form to the more easy to digest vector form used today. In doing so they made what I just said impossible.

I dont really care if anyone believes me or not, I post this stuff simply because I believe that there is a chance someone who wants to learn will read it and look into this themselves. As it stands people like you are the ones that do read it and either due to your ignorance of science or just a plain unwillingness to try you will never learn.

But this is the starting point of what we work on today is based on.
>>
>>76216394
>hurr its impossible because it gets hot!

Yes, which is what radiators are for. Or more realistically, just let a portion of the light emitted pass through your structure and into space.
>>
>>76216488
Ah I see, you're just retarded
>>
File: 9e8.jpg (16 KB, 240x266) Image search: [Google]
9e8.jpg
16 KB, 240x266
>>76208319
>>76208319
>>76208319
>>76208319
http://www.emdrive.com/IAC14publishedpaper.pdf

You are an idiot.
>>
>>76209381

There's a reason we still use 1960s tech, it fucking works. If you have a better method to get into space please elaborate or create a startup.

Also SpaceX is going beyond 1960s tech with their manufacturing processes. They've already made getting to LEO far cheaper.
>>
>>76218057
>They created ULA specifically so they wouldn't have to compete against each other.
Incorrect
They realized that there wasn't enough of a market to support both of their launch vehicles.

I'm not even a huge ULA fan, I'm just citing them as a more reliable launch provider than SpaceX.

>>76218128
and SpaceX was made up at least initially almost entirely by ex-Boeing, ex-NASA and ex-Lockheed people

Why are you trying to make excuses for launch failures.

>>76218374
>I dont understand the science so it must not be true!
You can't "change the mass of something using a field"
It's not science; it's /x/ tier bullshit.
>>
>>76205932
selfish jews
>>
>>76206140
>Costs too much damn money
money isn't real, its a concept
>>
>>76218500
>It's not science; it's /x/ tier bullshit.
>I dont understand it and I wont even attempt to read about the people named or what they wrote about, but I can assure you that you are wrong.
Okay.
>>
>>76209334
Thorium reactors will solve all the energy issues in the world when they become operational
>>
>>76218401
He worded it poorly but energy transfer is a real problem with Dyson Sphere or any kind of massively yielding energy project. We have no ways of transferring those huge quantities of energy without a great deal of loss and/or material problems (due to heat etc.)
>>
>>76218377
radiators....are really that fucking stupid?any material that makes up the radiator would be melted
>>76218401
oh so you can move energy through space with out any means of doing so just because you can right?
>>
>>76207298
Canada wtf did you do to your education system that you could have retards this dense
>>
>>76207527
Whether or not there is a higher being or a plan for us, our main goal is to survive it's nature... making atheists look bad kid
>>
>>76205932
Living an ascetic life of poverty so that the productivity of humanity can be channeled into space exploration would suck. You aren't going to travel to the stars in your lifetime anyway. Would it really make you that much happier if we become an interstellar race in a matter of centuries instead of millennia?
>>
>>76208685
Aww, can't come to terms with the fact that you're not special? That no one gives a shit about your pathetic life?

Humanity was a random occurrence. Anyone who thinks we're here for some divine reason is retarded and has too big an ego to realize how unimportant he is.
>>
>>76218500
When did I ever mention anything about Launch failures and when did I ever say anything about SpaceX being better than ULA?

They are both better at certain things. Overall the best thing is that there is just some kind of outside competition. Space was stagnating when it was just Boeing and Lockheed.

And actually most of the lead guys at the start of SpaceX were not from Boeing or Lockheed. They were from JPL, Orbital Sciences and TRW
>>
>>76219104
Well, yes. Since we started sending signals in space, we better move out ASAP before some ayylmao decides to shoot a relativistic missile at us for wathever fucking reason.
>>
>>76205932
How is humanity going to solve its problems with space exploration?
>>
>>76219426
>When did I ever mention anything about Launch failures and when did I ever say anything about SpaceX being better than ULA?
When did I claim that you did?
My comment (which you replied to) was talking about launch failures
>>76217306

Can you even read?
>>
>>76207034
Within the realm of current physics that drive stops functioning at the speed of light. To be more correct it hit the same wall as it is limited by the speed that space can deform. With gravity that is the speed of light. It would be like your tires being able to contact the road surface up to 50 mph then they start to slip any mph faster you want go.
>>
Shouldn't explore hollow earth first?
>>
File: UhOyBB2.jpg (81 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
UhOyBB2.jpg
81 KB, 480x270
>>76209381

Explain why they are the problem or fucking kill yourself faggot
>>
File: brainfreeze.gif (2 MB, 246x409) Image search: [Google]
brainfreeze.gif
2 MB, 246x409
>>76206288
that really makes sense. google to a big part decides what i see and what not
>>
>>76205932
the meme you bought into was that there is a purpose to life

what's scary to me is just how we are such products of evolution. we aren't capable of thoughts that do not serve a purpose. we're just fucking robots.

sometimes wish i was never born so i wouldn't have to go through all this torment

we're all gone in 100 years. all of us.
>>
>>76206140
This and where do you go once in said space
>>
>>76217306
>never had a launch failure
thats not true faggit
>>
>>76205932
>muh space colonisation
fuck off scifi retard, your scifi shit will never happen nor be relevant
>>
>>76217846
>One is my job prevents me from doing so and the other is that current models of accepted physics, namely everything post edited Maxwell equations, doesnt allow for such a technology to exist.

Tinfoil hat much?

FLT is impossible

inb4 aliums - no evidence exists or than rumour and folk legends

We are reaching the limits of technological possibility. Think of the technology of the Roman era - there was no real progress for 1500 years from the time of Augustus to Columbus. We are are in that same position and in fact if the West continues its third world cuckoldery we will regress significantly.

Its IS possible to travel to other stars but would require centuries and basically freezing the crew for the duration of the trip.

However if you want to look somewhere that may offer a way out try Burkhard Heim

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burkhard_Heim

His theories allow for unlimited speeds in different dimensions - although what the energy requirements might be I don't know but I'm guessing Si Fi levels of tech to make it work

>pic sort of related a rational attempt at imagining space exploration.
Thread replies: 171
Thread images: 21

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.