[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Muhammed Ali really the greatest boxer? I don't know
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1
File: Muhammed.jpg (86 KB, 950x1000) Image search: [Google]
Muhammed.jpg
86 KB, 950x1000
Is Muhammed Ali really the greatest boxer?

I don't know shit about boxing so I have no idea whether his stats are good

He won gold in the olympics, and was a heavy weight champion, but does that make him the greatest?

I'm sure there are other boxers with careers just as good as Muhammed's
>>
he's transgender. born a woman.

all the guys who lost to him did so on purpose because their satanic jew overlords told them to
>>
it's just typical racist white virtue signalling
>aaah look at that nigger
>isn't he cute how he boxes
>>
>>76194935

This was his greatest ever interview, but for some reason they arent showing it on the news bulletins.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqiWFLsgVi4
>>
>>76194935
The man died, no one is going to say anything other than "He's literally the best thing to ever step into the ring"

Saying anything else will get you fucking shredded apart on wherever you say it.
>>
No, he fought in an era without the magic of footwork.
Mike Tyson is the greatest boxer of all time. He threw punches to kill and threw random combinations that people couldnt predict.
This is why Pacqiao is shit and lost to Mayweather. Threw predictable combos that mayweather easily avoided.
>>
>>76195280
what a dumb fucking nigger
>>
Tyson at his peak is the greatest ever without a doubt. He'd destroy Ali at his peak with his punches.
>>
>>76194935
He is among the best ever but I reckon prime Tyson would have taken him pretty easily. Prime Tyson was just a whole different animal.
>>
Mohammed Ali, Greatest of his time.

Agree with above.. Mike Tyson..

Moves with an intent such that you don't need to see him punch.

Greatest of his time.

It's similar to soccer.. so many greats within an very changing game.
>>
>>76197038
How big was the fighting pool in his day?
>>
You can't really make a statement such as "best boxer of all time", you need to take weight class into account.
And he's not even the greatest heavyweight imo, my vote would be Joe Louis or George Foreman.
Ali is just remembered more because of his antics and personality.
>>
>>76195280
Pretty based desu
>>
>>76197298

:/ not sure.. I'm no expert..
>>
He actually had zero talent but the Jews made the media say that he was good.

Dave from the Burnley WMC is better because he's white but the Jews who want to genocide us all kept him down.
>>
>>76195280
Had 4 marriages and 2 mistresses lol. Didn't he cheat or marry a white woman?
>>
>>76195280
Fucking NAILED it. I like the bird analogy.
>>
He is definitely up there. Personal tastes vary, but most historical P4P rankings have Ali in the top 5.

Man has a chin of steel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wO7ba4A8aSI
>>
>>76194935
He changed the sport

Not even putting color in yet

He changed a very meek yet popular sport by turning it into a international event that people from China to Mexico all watched , boxing truly transformed into the international sport it is now because how he changed the way boxers approach themselves , advertise themselves , fight , etc

Now with race involved he did soften the view for blacks , later turned into a black nationalist and believed all whites should live with whites , all blacks with blacks etc , he hated the idea of race mixing even to the day he died

As a fighter he was smooth , quick and fearless

I never saw him fight live because I wasn't born at the time but my father did and got into boxing because of Ali and I got into boxing because of my father .

He dodged Vietnam which anyone would have done nowadays only retards would say otherwise and are using that against him because Ali is a nigger and niggers dodger wars is 10x worse

As for the best ever you're going to get some people who think rocky was the best because he went undefeated on drunk Irishmen , dumb wops and average fighters. Others will say Tyson who dominated the heavyweight division so badly that he made it look easy and people often disregard it like rocky because they think the opponents were soft like in Rocky's era when Tyson did face some of the best contenders since the 70s . It wasn't until Tyson got framed for rape and spent a year or two in prison that he declined and by late 90s he truly declined

Tldr; he changed the sport into what it is now , his fighting style inspired millions and is part of the sport, his work ethic was surreal at the time also inspired many , was he the greatest ever? Most likely
>>
He was a good boxer. Good footwork, good dancer. There have been a lot of good boxers, each good in their own ways.
Ali was good, but is mostly known for his mouth. He knew how to work publicity in a time, that tv was really taking off. His politics mirrors the time.
>>
Muhammad Ali was basically Pele of boxing.
>>
>>76194935
He revolutionized boxing footwork but Mike tyson would have destroyed him in his prime.......Ali was nowhere near this quick

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51090bGcoR8
>>
>>76198957
He would have done USO Boxing matches for his service....He should have served
>>
>>76199731
Athletes still went to war

Ali was the first public figure to openly go against the war because even he knew how dumb it was

Looking back we can all agree the Vietnam war was fucking pointless and should have ended when the French the got fucked over by rice paddie cunts

Sure we killed 20 million of them but the amount of money we wasted and the degeneracy that popped up all over the country because of it is irreparable
>>
He has the best heavyweight record of all time, in my opinion. There are smaller fighters who were more skilful and had even better records, but heavyweight is generally the most prestigious division since they can beat all the others in real terms, not imaginary "pound for pound" terms.

Old timers might say Joe Louis or Jack Johnson were better heavyweights, and new school fans sometimes claim that the new era of heavyweights are simply much larger and more advanced, but to me Ali had the best record.
>>
Meanwhile Jake LaMotta is still alive and kicking.
>>
>>76195300
nah, we were arguing about muhammed vs bruce lee.
Muhammed was known for his speed and bruce lee is much faster.
I think bruce would win desu
>>
>>76195348
You don't know shit. Mike Tyson was brilliant but he fought in a weak era. Ali fought in the gold age of boxing.
Floyd Patterson, foreman, Liston, Frazier, Norton, his former coach, etc.

If you like Mike Tyson so much try watching his past interviews on Muhammad Ali.
>>
>>76199266
Ali's punching speed was measured as 25% faster than sugar ray Robinson's, the man known as the fastest of all time.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.