[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /pol/ think of people who make Youtube gaming videos
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5
File: maxresdefault(7).jpg (200 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault(7).jpg
200 KB, 1920x1080
What does /pol/ think of people who make Youtube gaming videos for a living? Is it degenerate? Most of them say they put in a lot of work editing their videos.
>>
Why did pewdiepie and other chap copy our jack?
>>
>>76186497
how anybody can watch a grown man sit and shout at a video game for hours on end is beyond me.
>>
>>76186573
Its entertaining
>>
>Most of them say they put in a lot of work editing their videos.

lot of work != quality work
They're all really obnoxious.
>>
>>76186448
SLIDING THREADS

DO NOT POST IN SLIDING THREADS

SAGE GOES IN ALL FIELDS
>>
>>76186448

just meeting market demand, if you dont like it blame all the shitty parents out there who let their kids vege out on the internet all day
>>
>>76186629
For kids
>>
It's new style of comedy. I ocasionally watch Funhaus, they can be funny.
>>
>>76186660
4u
>>
I can't blame the people making money off it but the people who waste any time watching are retards
>>
>>76186448
Friend Simulator 2016.
>>
Super degenerate
-Eats into game sales
-Lets players get paid more than game coders
-Effectively piggybacking off of copyrighted material for profit
Can't wait till games companies start banning this more.
>>
They found a niche and they capitalized on it. More power to them I say.

Wish I thought of it first and was pretty and charismatic enough to make it work. Isn't Pewdiepie absolutely fucking rolling in money?
>>
>>76186448
I personally hate pewdiepie and markiplier with a burning passion, but who is the middle fag?
>>
File: Best Korean FAGOT Team.jpg (54 KB, 392x153) Image search: [Google]
Best Korean FAGOT Team.jpg
54 KB, 392x153
Never even thought about it, since I've never even watched one of those videos.

I'd rather play a game than watch another person play it.
>>
>>76186448

>Is it degenerate?

yes

>Most of them say they put in a lot of work editing their videos.

a stockbroker would also say that he does much work, when he's snorting coke from a hookers ass crack.

Being a gaming youtuber is the easiest thing you can do on YouTube. Just play around 7 hours of gameplay, cut it down, have your autistic screaming and bad 12 year old humor carrying your bad and boring ass gameplay. All 12 year old boys will flock to you like ducks to bread.
Bonus if you're handsome some grils will watch you because "you're entertaining"
>>
>>76186887
He's a swede though, so there's always that.
>>
File: mark-richt-transfer.jpg (44 KB, 576x324) Image search: [Google]
mark-richt-transfer.jpg
44 KB, 576x324
I'll put it like this, boy. These weasels better be saving that money for retirement, because in 10 years the world is going to have forgotten them completely.

"Let's Play" doesn't look good on a resume.
>>
File: 1347736330854.jpg (27 KB, 256x257) Image search: [Google]
1347736330854.jpg
27 KB, 256x257
>>76186801
>>
>>76186801

Yeah, I doubt that's going to happen.

If anything, game makers will probably (if they haven't already) work out some kind of deal with YouTube where they get a chunk of the ad revenue for the videos that featured their game.
>>
>>76186573

This what /v/ threads are like. And people keep coming back.
>>
>>76187075
Nintendo does this already.

But most other developers like Let's Players because it's basically free advertisment. The ones who don't like it are the ones who produce shit games.
>>
>>76187506
>Free advertisment
Yeah revealing the entirety of the game to lazy fucks who "don't have the time to game anyway" isn't actually a good marketting strategy.
I'm talking about high budget scripted games with emphasis on story mode, it might be helpful for sandbox, rts, fighters, and games with odd mechanics.

Ban lets plays and go back to 10 minute reviews.

Youtube as it currently stands is going to collapse anyway ad revenue is decimated, and even if they can get people to stop using adblock that won't solve the problem that people are not buying as much pointless shit as they used to.
>>
i don't watch his videos but pewdiepie doesn't seem that bad

i get the impression that he's a redpilled autist who just happens to be liked by normies
>>
File: pepeflower.jpg (18 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
pepeflower.jpg
18 KB, 225x225
>>76186801
They make advertisement of these titles for free, especially since most of the footage concerns little/obscure games that could not reach the1/1000 of the audience without them.
It is no coincidence that a game like Minecraft exploded in terms of sales at the same moment "Let's play did".

I personnaly have no problem with them, most people you see complaining are butthurts who think they can do better than Pewdiepie since he is a "dumbass/faggot/retard", still at the end of the day I see a businessman with a multimillion-worth brand who makes deal with Disney while there is millions of challengers, when them are unknown whiny little bitches on internet.

By the way I would prefer my kids watching gaming youtubers instead of MTV or the last confusing SJW cartoon/show.
>>
>>76188455
Why? They won't sell the game to most viewers anyway, banning them will just make even less people maybe buy the game, and it makes you look bad to the public.
>>
>>76186648
>Australia
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.