[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>owns some hippie solar panel company >owns a hippie electric
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 165
Thread images: 20
File: musk435.jpg (990 KB, 2705x2029) Image search: [Google]
musk435.jpg
990 KB, 2705x2029
>owns some hippie solar panel company
>owns a hippie electric car company that can't compete
>invented the rocket which was already invented 50 years ago
>thinks we are all living in a video game simulation (dude weed)
>wants to move humanity to mars to survive a mass extinction event
>he doesn't know we can nuke mars too
>mars can't keep an atmosphere and therefore can never be teraformed
>literally no reason to go to mars

Why is this guy so great again?
>>
he's shit. I don't see why him saying we live in a hologram is significant at all
>>
>>76185179
He doesn't let women cuck him and his life in south africa probably enlightened him on the negro question.
>>
>>76185179
>mars can't keep an atmosphere
Depends how long you want it there for, anon, and what you use to create one. If you could handwave-magic an earthlike atmosphere there right now, it wouldn't suddenly wisp away into space overnight, it would take centuries to thin out slowly. If continuous atmosphere production could be devised somehow, then you could keep a breathable atmosphere on Mars for as long as you needed there to be one. I'm more worried about the lower gravity making children grow too tall and suffer organ failure/bone density issues, myself, I remain unconvinced that Mars is suitable for long-term habitation despite what we'd all like.
>>
>>76185179

Elon looks like he has low testosterone.
>>
File: image.jpg (184 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
184 KB, 800x600
>>76185386
He divorced his second wife. Then remarried her. Now she's divorcing him and suing him for his beta bucks. Elon Musk is a cuck.
>>
>>76185645
Fuck off earthling, everyone knows spacenoids are superior.
>>
>living in a simulation means DUDE WEED
are you retarded? its very much possible we are in a simulation of some sort.
>>
>>76186226
did he get a jaw surgery ?0
>>
File: titorblink.gif (202 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
titorblink.gif
202 KB, 500x281
>>76186226
>remarrying someone you already hated enough to divorce once
I can't even begin to imagine the thought process that led him to such a monumentally poor choice.
>>
File: disnigga.jpg (56 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
disnigga.jpg
56 KB, 1280x720
>>76185179
>>
>>76185179
>mars can't keep an atmosphere and therefore can never be teraformed

Well it did have an atmosphere at some point, it just doesn't last forever.
I'm pretty sure terraforming mars it's gonna be possible pretty soon, just not economically tough.
>>
>>76185645
>I remain unconvinced that Mars is suitable for long-term habitation despite what we'd all like.

We need to build floating cities on Venus. That's where long term habitation is at.
>>
>>76186896
it would require creating a magnetosphere around Mars
>>
>>76186784
don't blame me I voted for chastity bono
>>
>>76185179
>owns a solar power company
>owns an electric car company
>launched a fucking rocket into space, and landed on a platform FLOATING IN THE OCEAN.
>I'll give you that (dude weed) part
>Implying we are moving to mars, and not setting up small colonies for scientific research.
>go 2 marz n we can still blow u up LOL
>Pushing the boundaries of exploration
>A bad thing

He's not "so great" but at least hes doing something.

Meanwhile, you're a fucking leaf.
>>
At least he's done something with his life.
>>
>takes (billions) of dollars in government subsidies to fuel his unprofitable enterprises

He's sucking on the government teat, and leeching off of my hard-earned tax dollars. He's despicable and disgusting.
>>
>>76187148
Not necessarily, that could be circumvented by replenishing the atmosphere periodically. (It would still take millions of years to deplete).

>>76187009
For what purpose, we can't even extract resources from Venus. What would the economy be based off? Tourism?
>>
>>76185179
Thiel needs to slap him, just a little.
>>
>>76187148
>it would require creating a magnetosphere around Mars

which would involve giving Mars its molten core back, which is impossible.
>>
>>76187568
>Impossible

Nigger detected
>>
>>76187343
How much is Boeing sucking on the government teat? How about Shell? Or maybe GM or Ford?

They all have an awful lot in common, don't they?
>>
File: Surface_of_Venus.jpg (50 KB, 400x340) Image search: [Google]
Surface_of_Venus.jpg
50 KB, 400x340
>>76187009
They'd need to be tethered, and the tethers would have to be diamond-tough. Lots of 'maybe's involved, but it could actually be easier than trying to make shit work on Mars. At the very least it's worth sending some unmanned concept models to prove viability and stoke public interest, and Venus is easier to get to time/distancewise than Mars besides.

>>76187568
Well if you could slam Mercury into it head-on that might do it, just have to wait an inordinate amount of time for the crust to cool back down.
>>
>>76186483
And hair implants from the look of it.
Cuck move.
>>
>>76187664
I bet we could put Ceres in orbit around Mars and create some tidal forces. It might take 500 years to decelerate or accelerate then decelerate it to the right telemetry, but I bet we could do it.
>>
>>76185179
A fucking leaf!
>>
>>76187754
Or you could shock the cooled core with some major electricity to get it going again.
>>
>>76187289

>lands it in the middle of the ocean

So....?

That's not new technology, the space shuttles reentered Earth's atmosphere after doing their job in space, and landed at airports on runways. Nothing special at all. That technology was deemed "useless" and stoneage so they put it on the Intrepid museum in NYC for preservation purposes.

Pic related.
>>
>>76185179
Why don't we just take Mars and push it closer to Earth?!
>>
File: magnets.gif (2 MB, 312x250) Image search: [Google]
magnets.gif
2 MB, 312x250
>>76187936
The amount of electricity we'd need would require something like a little sun, wouldn't it? Inducing a field by electrifying the entire core would theoretically work, but would it become molten again I wonder?
>>
Clearly Tesla can compete, because it has over 400,000 pre-orders.
>>
>>76188095
Nigga you're dumb as hell

What launches the shuttle into space? The rocket. And what happens to the rocket after that? It gets destroyed on re-entry. Now rocket doesn't get destroyed on re-entry.

Do the math.
>>
>>76188338
With enough energy I guess.
>>
>>76186226

How did he into more hair?

Did he inject pure money to cure balding?
>>
File: gas-pull.jpg (20 KB, 321x302) Image search: [Google]
gas-pull.jpg
20 KB, 321x302
>>76187356
Gases bro
>>
File: induction.webm (523 KB, 460x344) Image search: [Google]
induction.webm
523 KB, 460x344
>>76188346
To my understanding, first-stage sections of rockets simply fell back through the atmosphere, never fast enough to burn up, but parachuted down into the water for recovery and refurbishment.
The problem is, by the time you've completely dismantled/cleaned/reassembled the whole thing (seawater is a bitch) you could have just built a new one from scratch. SpaceX's fancy landing is not revolutionary, but does cut a major headache out of the operation of a rocket launch, and looks pretty cool besides.

>>76188497
>inb4 humanity sticks a Ceres-sized battery onto Mars to induce a magnetosphere
>>
>>76188346

They launched the space shuttle on tanks of fuel, not an actual rocket. The amount of space debris left behind on an average launch is pretty insane. Dollars to donuts it's the best form of space travel, trajectory of said fuel tanks controlled from inside the shuttle.
>>
>>76186226
He got prenups with all his wives. He's safe from any sort of cuckenning like Brandon Fraser or Johnny Depp.

That's why he's uncucked.
>>
>>76188961

Prenuptial agreements mean nothing now.
>>
>>76188923
>not an actual rocket
Except the SRBs which dropped off early-on in flight, but you're right otherwise.
>>
>>76188095
The Solid rocket boosters are reusable, the external tanks not so much.
>>
>>76188961
Those are thrown out. Stop believing the prenup meme.
>>
Steve Jobs 2.0

He's all about building a brand name out of previously made products with his blessing.
>>
>>76189794

Steve Jobs convinced actual people to buy shit. Any money Musk has made is a result of government grands or government contractor.

American tax payers have basically subsidized his success
>>
>>76189036

They do when you have 12 billion dollars.
>>
>>76185928
Wouldn't be surprised if I found out he was into Asian bitches.
>>
>>76188338
>>76188497
>>76188797
Fusion reactors, if we ever make them good enough, could be a solution for the amount of energy required
>>
>>76185179
>>mars can't keep an atmosphere and therefore can never be teraformed

How can you be so sure we'll never terraform? Flight was "impossible" for hundreds of thousands of years for us and now it's commercial and everywhere.

You never know where we may end up.
>>
>>76185179
You can't nuke mars.

The projectile will be long detectable and interceptable before it hits the surface. So, you could change its trajectory just by flinging a rock at it, since you can't fit that much fuel to propel a rocket to mars.

Also, I agree with him. I just hope at the last moment he snaps and makes the colonies white-only.

Also, Mars can be teraformed. You just have to make the atmosphere.

Also, big reason to go to mars. To prevent human extinction from the massive happening that's coming.
>>
>>76185179
>some guy with the dreams and potential to make the future better
>why is he so great guis?
>>
>>76190958
>Also, Mars can be teraformed. You just have to make the atmosphere.
How do you propose keeping the atmosphere on Mars?
>>
>>76191162
Massive bio engineering. Problem is tht it'ss pretty much take generations to have any appreciable effect and it still doesn't make up for the fucked magnetosphere.

Best option would be to go underground, above ground geostructures look neat but nothing like a couple meters of dirt to block solar radiation and maintain temperature.
>>
>>76187754
venus is literally 800 oC.
>>
>>76191456
Most concepts involve an anchor on the ssurface and floating cities,
>>
File: file.png (257 KB, 1278x541) Image search: [Google]
file.png
257 KB, 1278x541
>>76191456
Not up in the clouds it's not, pressure drops the higher you go and the temperatures with it. There's a band of atmosphere where it'd be relatively comfy, comparatively at least.

>>76191162
just keep pumping in more gas
>>
>>76187845
>I bet we could put Ceres in orbit around Mars
Just like in KSP, right?
>>
>>76191350

>Can't accurately predict or control atmosphere on earth.
>We'll just make one from scratch on mars.

Futurology fags believe this.
>>
>>76192260
I just said that it would be impracticable and digging underground would be the better option. You could try and alter comet orbits to chuck them into Mars but again that would be a multi generational project supposed on tech that is several decades away.
>>
A friend came by a couple weekends ago with the top tier Tesla sedan. Those cars can absolutely compete once the price point is right. Thing almost broke my neck.
>>
File: fucking stop it.jpg (453 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
fucking stop it.jpg
453 KB, 1920x1200
>>76192140
>tfw we still haven't found reality's debug menu
>>
>>76191350
this.

or build "bubbles" on the surface

or drill to the core and blast it with radiation until it wakes up.
>>
>>76191946
>>76191849
so you faggots propose we build horizontal cloud cities above the venus surface?

because a vertical building would convect heat like a motherfucker.
>>
>>76191849
also, thermal fatigue is a thing, faggot.

You can't have metal tethers for ever, and at a mean temperature of 800 degrees, you would have to change tethers every 1 hour.
>>
LOL All the cucks ITT, he has created more american jobs than 99% of the companies in the country, he is more prosuctive on just obe company then all of your pathetic lives combined
>>
>>76194020
also, this.
>>
>Move co2 from Venus to Mars
>2 habitable planets
>>
>>76185179
Are you upset because he's African-American?
>>
>>76187148
Never thought Algeria would know anything about astrophysics.
>>
>>76195222
Of course they would. Al-Khawarizmi invented physics and math. In fact, Muslims in general invented math, science, and pretty much everything we take for granted today. You have muslims to thank.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fahXMxCPPlA
>>
He is a racist eugenecist. Why would you dislike him?
>>
>>76185179
he cured his male pattern baldness
>>
>>76196096
Hair piece.
>>
>>76193734
The tethers would presumably be a carbon based structure like graphene but they're also not really necessary.
>>
>>76185645
Run super conducting cables around the plant and generate a false magnetic field.

Expensive? Sure but the return on investment is a planet that can have an atmosphere without losses.
>>
he looks finngolian as fuck
>>
Elon is based. White South Africans are redpilled af. He probably will colonize Mars with white people only. Literally the saviour of the white race.

Thank you based Elon.
>>
>>76196324
the eternal mongoloid

this time we conquer the stars
>>
>>76193336
>>76193734
Materials since isn't anywhere near that I agree, hell the newest designs are just having free floating dirigibles that can guide themselves given how the forces from s storm would wreck any tether, magic material or not.

>>76194903
kek

>>76196263
And trllions of tons of magnetic material will come from....
>>
File: 1460504010281.jpg (2 MB, 4352x3264) Image search: [Google]
1460504010281.jpg
2 MB, 4352x3264
>>76185179
so sad about his wife.

>Watch the movie "Who killed the electric car"
>Wife cucking him and treating him like shit even 15 years ago
>>
>>76185645
Mars is just the first step for interstellar colonization
>>
>>76196096
>>76196145
whoa... i did not know this

anyway, he is a great guy. probably he took government handouts but i dont mind since i'm an engineer.

not sure that he will be able to build the model III orders so he'll probably end up partnering with one of the big 3. or maybe get bought out by apple and become CEO of the new combined company. tim cook is not cutting it.
>>
File: nuclear shitstorm.webm (3 MB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
nuclear shitstorm.webm
3 MB, 1024x576
>>76196263
As blunt and impractical as it sounds, couldn't you technically cool the surface of Venus by blowing a bunch of holes in the top of its atmosphere? if you could figure out a way to knock a significant portion of the mass out of the air there, you could potentially get it to start cooling back down on the surface.
It's interesting to me how little people pay attention to Venus, they write it off and focus on a dead world because we can go walk around on it right now if we left today. Venus is still alive, ripe for geo-experimentation.
>>
Those people who say planet colonization isn't possible are the same people who said flying was impossible 200 years ago, the same people who said going into space was impossible 100 years ago.
>>
>>76196371
I dated a Afrikaaner chick she wasn't redpilled. She was only against affirmative actions and made jokes about immigrants. She was sooooo gooooood otherwise.
>>
>>76185179
>Why is this guy so great again?

Because he is enabling the society that the Illuminati want.

Electric cars are complete bullshit and increase dependency on the grid. Not only do you need to recharge the batteries (like filling a gas tank), but electricity is now monitored on a household basis, and will be rationed.

Self-driving cars will become more and more supported by the system, in terms of cost and insurance and other things. Driving will become illegal.
>>
>>76196617
>And trllions of tons of magnetic material will come from....
Mars. Also closer to millions.
>>
>>76189036
Common law? More like common cucks
>>
>>76196795
What you are suggesting would be similar to trying to drain the Earth's oceans shooting them off into space.
>>
>>76196645
This shit can't be unseen, you fucking faggot
>>
>>76185645

It doesn't have a strong enough magnetic field to even support an Atmosphere. So unless we could get the core of the planet spinning again, or create an artificial magnetic field; we can't terraform it.
>>
>>76186527

I suspect he was seduced by the manipulative cunt being the beta cuck he is.
>>
>>76196645
It's funny, too, I can take gore, anything, really, but this is just too fucking much. What the fuck is going on there? Do I want to know? Only two of the many questions clouding my mind now
>>
>>76196145
looks pretty natural to me. he's a billionaire, so why would he not have paid for a hair transplant?

it doesn't reflect very well on his character though. if you're a man and you're balding or graying, just accept it. don't try to hide it.
>>
>>76197076
When you're terraforming shooting larges amounts of material into space is pretty much a requirement. A nice side effect would be with properly placed mass drivers you could increase the speed of Venus' rotation which is currently something like 240 days to a more human friendly number.
>>
>>76197399
> if you're a man and you're balding or graying, just accept it. don't try to hide it.
My hair is receding and I have a baby face. I will look seriously retarded if I bald. What you wrote is nice and all but if you're not patrick stewart try not to bald.
>>
This thread reminded me of something regarding Venus so I'll be grateful if some /sci/fags could chime in.

Her atmosphere is too thick, yes? So what can thin it? Solar wind is slow as fuck and doesn't seem to do anything so far. Will massive nuclear/am bombs be able to cause damage and at what yields? I assume there should be a point at which the atmospheric mass could be ejected from orbit through some catastrophic means...
>>
>>76197076
More like trying to crack the submerged crust open in a few places and seeing how much water drains and how quickly, then determining how many more fissures you're gonna wanna open up.
I take your point though, drop in the bucket and all that. I wonder what sort of impact it would take to measurably alter Venus's atmosphere? Earth has had multiple impact events but none ever cleaved off a chunk of the atmosphere. At least I think, the carboniferous period's atmosphere was thicker than today but I'm not sure how slowly the transition occurred.
>>
He's cool but his fanboys are rabid
especially those who use him as an example of how capitalism is incredible
>totally ignoring billions handed out to his companies by US government
>>
>>76187797

Nah, it's a great move. Appearance is everything. He would not have the "real life Tony Stark" reputation if looked like a weak jawed balding nerd.

He is a beta in disguise, a totally awkward and clumsy speaker among other things. Take a look at some of his interviews, or his appearences on talk shows.
>>
>>76185386 >>76185645 >>76185928 >>76186784 >>76186896 >>76187289 >>76187539 >>76187869 >>76188311 >>76190898 >>76190958 >>76190968 >>76194903 >>76196096 >>76196645 >>76196896

A CIA Spook. Some shady money laundering. Got into the Corporation that owns Paypal and got instantly elevated as CEO. Overpaid - that's how you get CIA money - and untrustable.

Most goym beLIEve he founded Tesla. Which is not.

Space-X is literal US Comedy.
>>
How do people breathe in space ships? Just do that but in a giant building.
>>
>>76197632
>tfw asian
>tfw shaved head when shitty genetics took over
>tfw like guns
>tfw people think I will go for Cho's high score
>or am a monk

I miss when asians were seen as the soduko types and not the mass murderer types.
>>
File: 1431462134048.jpg (26 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
1431462134048.jpg
26 KB, 499x499
http://www.marieclaire.com/sex-love/advice/a5380/millionaire-starter-wife/

>Still, there were warning signs. As we danced at our wedding reception, Elon told me, "I am the alpha in this relationship." I shrugged it off, just as I would later shrug off signing the postnuptial agreement, but as time went on, I learned that he was serious. He had grown up in the male-dominated culture of South Africa, and the will to compete and dominate that made him so successful in business did not magically shut off when he came home. This, and the vast economic imbalance between us, meant that in the months following our wedding, a certain dynamic began to take hold. Elon's judgment overruled mine, and he was constantly remarking on the ways he found me lacking. "I am your wife," I told him repeatedly, "not your employee."

>"If you were my employee," he said just as often, "I would fire you."
>>
>>76196896
That's stupid. Solar exists.
>>
>>76198410
I'm kinda curious. Can you post your face?
>>
>>76186896
>pretty sure terraforming mars it's gonna be possible pretty soon
Explain how, do we pour magic powder into the atmosphere and it becomes like Earth.
>>
>>76185179
>more successful than all of /pol/ put together
>obviously smarter than all of /pol/s userbase
Stay salty and jealous, leaf.
>>
>>76198190
RARE
A
R
E
>>
>>76185179

You forgot to mention:

>married the same woman without a prenup twice
>>
>>76197628
Wait you think that you are going to mount your launchers/accelerators on the plant's surface and not just suck the top layers of the atmosphere and eject that off into space to make navigation hazards?

If you want to terraform you are either crashing comets with ice to get water into the surface or you are chemically processing the atmosphere using in situ resources.

For Mars will build a super conducting cable and generate a magnetic field, then melt the icecaps total recall style.
>>
File: 1463000610586.png (61 KB, 261x212) Image search: [Google]
1463000610586.png
61 KB, 261x212
>>76198481
>>
>>76198590
possible != instant
it'll take hundreds of years regardless of the method
>>
>>76198790
If we're talking about planting trees it's going to take millions of years.
>>
>>76198368
Typically you bring a bunch of compressed oxygen with you when you go to space, then displace the carbon dioxide you breath out with it slowly to keep the cabin at a healthy level.
With a colony, you'd need an actual oxygen producer of some kind, which is why you often see people trying to figure out how to grow a bunch of trees on Mars since they do just that if you have enough of them.

>>76198590
We steal the Genesis device from Kirk
>>
>>76198878
>millions
come on now
>>
File: 1444650062702.jpg (20 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1444650062702.jpg
20 KB, 480x360
>>76198481
>>"If you were my employee," he said just as often, "I would fire you."

ROASTIES ETERNALLY BTFO
>>
>>76197971
Build a sun shade and condense the atmosphere into liquids. That would drop the pressure and the temperature.

The problem is size, a shade that big is going to get blown around and out of it's orbit by the solar wind. Requiring constant adjustments to it's orbit and a constant flow of reaction mass. I'm not sure we could use the magnetic field of Venus to keep the shade in the right location.
>>
You can find negatives of any person. His net worth is 12.3 billion. More than everyone here combined.
>>
>>76198884
>Grow trees
Just fly a whole bunch of fully grown trees directly to Mars and put them in a greenhouse that would eventually convert all of the air breathed out into more oxygen.
>>
>>76198884
>Typically you bring a bunch of compressed oxygen with you when you go to space, then displace the carbon dioxide you breath out with it slowly to keep the cabin at a healthy level.
Wow, that's the most wrong explanation I've heard in a while.
>>
File: 0498+48089040849.png (108 KB, 898x540) Image search: [Google]
0498+48089040849.png
108 KB, 898x540
>>76198481
Fuck, I'd like to work for this guy.
>>
>>76198512
A-ATF sama please, I have nothing illegal
>>
>>76199130
>lifting fully grown trees into space
this is the worst idea I have read on /pol/
>>
>>76185179
You must be pretty fucking contrarian to try to argue Elon Musk doesn't deserve the hype. Good luck getting out of your basement.
>>
>>76199297
>Lift giant metal containers with people in them
>Can't lift smaller wooden trees
>>
>>76199286
Blur eyes and nose then.
>>
>>76198410
Damn, son. Reminding me of Cho's high score again! You gooks truly are the masterracce at everything!

But I thought about that again lately...all these mass shooters are nothing compared to the political terrorists! Think of Breivik. Or step up your fucking game and go muslim mode: the kill score will be OVA 3000!!!!
>>
>>76186455
DUDE
>>
>>76198959
How long do you think it took from Earth to form an atmosphere that can sustain life, some centuries?
>>
>>76198481
>the will to compete and dominate that made him so successful in business did not magically shut off when he came home
10/10 would be faithful wife to.
>>
>>76185179
>mars can't keep an atmosphere
Not without human maintenance, no. But the gravity isn't the issue, it's the solar erosion. If an artificial atmosphere was created, it'd probably last decades or centuries before we'd have to redo it.
>>
>>76185928
>>76190712
I actually met the guy once in California. He isn't beta at all. Also he fucks white models.
>>
>>76195605
>invented physics and math. In fact, Muslims in general invented math, science, and pretty much everything we take for granted today. You have muslims to thank.
Ahahaha, No.
>>
>>76199597
Also, with colonies established, it wouldn't be a problem to mantain an atmosphere.

The problem is the solar radiation
>>
>>76199508
I can't tell if you're trolling or stupid

mars went through the long-phase already we went through too. it just lost it's atmosphere and life (atleast on surface) because its core stopped being magnetic.

terraforming mars is reversing the disappearance of the atmosphere and magnetosphere, not creating a new planet from scratch
>>
>>76199884
If you have an atmosphere that's a shield against most solar radiation.
>>
>>76198705
There's simply too much CO2 to process all of it and there's no way to get a human livable atmosphere from just CO2. A large amount of it will have to be removed or sequestered.
>>
>>76197171
I saw a documentary on mars and the core is made of ice we could possibly use that to spawn a breathable atmosphere. It would even turn the sky blue and we could walk outside there.
>>
>>76200055
You also need a magnetosphere to deflect high-energy particles
>>
>>76200219
earth had a CO2 atmosphere at some point
so I call BS
>>
>>76200219
The pressure is the problem. Even if we were able to extract the carbon out then we would be left with almost the same pressure of mostly oxygen. The rocks have already absorbed as much oxygen as they are likely too.

>>76200427
>earth had a CO2 atmosphere at some point
>so I call BS

The Earth only has like 1/90th the atmospheric pressure of Venus, the amount of CO2 that had to be removed was far lower.
>>
>>76200404
>You also need a magnetosphere to deflect high-energy particles

Not to protect people on the surface, again the atmosphere is more than good enough protection for that.

To protect against charged particles a magnetic field helps but not to any degree against high energy particle radiation. (alpha/beta/neutron radiation)
>>
>>76200427
The earth never had a pure CO2 atmosphere, it just had it at a much higher concentration than it does today.

>>76200713
Hence why some either needs to be removed or sequestered with removal being the easier of the two. A near pure oxygen atmosphere is also not conducive to human habitation.
>>
>>76201172
Venus is even less viable for terraforming than Mars. Which is why I'm suggesting that we never do anything with it.
>>
>>76200219
>>76200427
we wouldn't necessarily even have to make it completely breathable for humans
aslong as radiationm, pressure and oxygen production (plants) were a non-issue (magnetosphere, atmospheric pressure/temperature to maintain liquid water) we could just run around with oxygen masks

>>76200973
the magnetosphere's main job would be keeping the atmosphere from running into space
>>
>>76200238
Total Recall was a science fiction action movie, not a documentary.
>>
>>76186226
someone please put the brandon hair and red eyes on the left picture
>>
>>76187009
Floating cities on Venus would still have to be sealed like any habitat on Mars.

Every aspect of construction would be easier on Mars than Venus, and you can always just build underground on Mars to shield from radiation.
>>
>>76201306
Except for the one thing that we can't change which is it's surface gravity. I mean I guess we could change it but you're halfway to making a entirely new planet at that point.
>>
>>76201322
>the magnetosphere's main job would be keeping the atmosphere from running into space
More of a long term million year project. But we have the solution for that, super conducting cables that span the planet. Boom magnetic field.
>>
>>76185645
Or we could just export all our "dirty" industry to Mars and have a mars greenhouse effect which would greatly facilitate atmosphere creation
>>
>>76201555
Simple we find the graviton and a way to produce and manipulate them. Problem solved.
>>
>>76201555
The gravity on Mars is viable for long term human habitation, so for that matter is Luna.

Sure it would lead to genetic divergence but people are not going to die from gravity being that low. (Mars/Luna)
>>
>>76201905
we actually have no real idea what the effects of long-term low gravity are
there's only long term experience from ISS which is almost zero gravity
and yes apparently there are major differences, atleast in theory, according to people smarter than me
>>
>>76201666
Boom, its also geologically dead and stable. The perfect place to do all kinds of dangerous and polluting shit.
>>
>>76201816
Sounds like a plan.

>>76201905
If low gravity induces bone density loss and muscle/heart atrophy it will lead to massively decreased lifespans. The only solution to that is drug therapies or genetic engineering which adds an entire other layer of complexity.
>>
File: classickek.jpg (89 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
classickek.jpg
89 KB, 500x333
>/pol/ is butthurting that someone is successful
Every fucking day.
>>
>>76199701
K Tesla. Keep me posted.
>>
>>76185179
he's a illuminati puppet. Only emotional idiots would think he's where is because of his achivements. And only emotional idiots would belive all the non sense shit he says.
>>
>>76185179
what happened to him, he looks twice as big as the last time
too many lies?
>>
ITT: jealousy
>>
File: america.png (780 KB, 971x543) Image search: [Google]
america.png
780 KB, 971x543
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCOvo41c5wc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WN2NPu0UrT4
>>
>>76185179
Why do you keep posting threads about this fat fuck? Just stop already.
>>
>>76197632
>balding with baby face looks retarded
>DYEL-tier problem
Cuck.
Thread replies: 165
Thread images: 20

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.