[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should the government get involved in packaging?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
Or should business be regulating itself what they want to print on a package, as long as their statements aren't false or misleading?
>>
>>76180509

If you put pictures of women being raped on condoms, would that stop rape?
>>
>>76180509
I'm alright with it, they're reducing strain on the NHS and making the population healthier by preventing people from getting diseases in the first place and those that do it anyway know what they're getting into. The companies selling that stuff on the other hand would be more than happy to lie to consumers and make them think their products are harmless.
>>
>>76180541
>If you put pictures of women being raped on condoms, would that stop rape?

I don't know. But if you put little baby kids on a package of condoms and a Ferrari sports car and say "you can have either of those, your choice", that might have an impact.
>>
>>76180708
Kill yourself. Obesity is the major cause of drain on the NHS, as is alcohol. Why don't we force all fast food companies to cease advertising and to have completely blank store fronts? Why don't we force all alcohol to come in green glass bottles with a sticker of someone coughing up bile on their deathbed?
>>
>>76180952
I'd be alright with those too.
Why exactly are they meant to be bad things?
If a product serves as a health hazard the people consuming it should be aware that it is and they shouldn't have to go out of their way to find it out.
>>
>>76181208

Why? Why don't we just charge unhealthy people more in healthcare premiums and be done with it?
>>
>>76180509
Why is there nothing on liquor?
>>
File: 2016-06-05 16.50.32.jpg (152 KB, 431x523) Image search: [Google]
2016-06-05 16.50.32.jpg
152 KB, 431x523
>>76180509

to me it'll become just a kind of morbid collecting game

>gonna catch em all! first as pictures, then in real life
>>
>>76181381
That's a good idea too, but preventative measures would still be needed.
>>
File: 1463243271807.jpg (46 KB, 621x646) Image search: [Google]
1463243271807.jpg
46 KB, 621x646
>>76180541
>rapists put in a condom before they rape
>>
The latter. We all know smoking kills for fucks sake. Its just the Tories doing silly little token gestures to make people think they actually do anything useful.
>>
>A very sizeable part of our own governments truly believe in their hearts that smokers have no idea that smoking is bad for you.

I swear, they treat us like children.
>>
>>76181783

We already do you nigger. Cigerettes are fucking expensive. Although I get mine from Auntie and her trips to Spain, so I get to smoke 20 for 3 quid while the taxed cucks smoke there's for 10.
>>
>>76181930
And minorities like pets
>>
File: poltic.gif (3 MB, 580x313) Image search: [Google]
poltic.gif
3 MB, 580x313
>>76180509
>Government should regulate things like smoking because the average person does not know what is best for themselves.
>Still the government allows these same people to vote..

Just end it all please.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.