[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How does /pol/ actually feel about athiests? pic unrealated
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3
File: 1462764630743.png (474 KB, 1246x1558) Image search: [Google]
1462764630743.png
474 KB, 1246x1558
How does /pol/ actually feel about athiests?

pic unrealated
>>
>>76156435
No, fuck you, pic is more interesting than your topic.

Why do Japan and Korea hate each other so much? Surely it can't all be butthurt about WW2.
>>
>>76156435

Atheism is the natural result of science. Accept no claim without proof.

>>76156688
China, Korea, and Japan hold grudges for a LONG time. They aren't like western nations; it seems ridiculous to us because the US no longer hates Germans, for example. But those Asians... they play the long game and THEY DO NOT FORGET.
>>
>>76156916

Why do you think that is? What cultural difference(s) lead to this xenophobia?
>>
>>76156688
When it comes to WW2 the entire cycle of inner East Asian hatred is just a giant pit of "we dindu nuffin"s arguing with each other.
>>
>>76157124
WW2 isn't taught the same in any of these countries. Their schools openly deny war crimes and condemn other countries for war crimes.

I had a Japanese dude in my school who didn't even know what his country did during WW2 until he came here when he was 15
>>
>>76156435
Religion has a clear and profound evolutionary advantage...It comes with a somewhat large insular community, like minded people for finding friends and SO..A whole network dedicated to raising children which leads to high birth rates....The religious own the world, its in our DNA, and Atheists do not have a replacement birthrate...

Atheism popped up all the time throughout history, they die off without leaving a significant mark on the world. The religious story is just a shit test a secret code to get in the club
>>
>>76157124
>What cultural difference(s) lead to this xenophobia?

East-Asian cultures still have a deep respect for their elders, respecting their opinions and abiding by their wishes. This probably contributes to past crimes not being easily forgotten. Also, they are more traditional and reserved; they do not make quick or impulsive decisions. They really do "play the long game", weighing options and moving cautiously into the future.
>>
>>76156435

brainless sissy retards
>>
>>76157377
Do they deliberately retain their ignorance? For example, a quick google shows the atrocities committed by unit 731 in Japan.
>>
>>76157741
I'm not sure but some of them just legit don't know. Talk of the war is pretty taboo over there apparently. They basically just give a brief history where they shit on the Chinese/Koreans, then move on to the next subject. They apparently focus a lot on pre WW2 in their history classes.

Plus it's hard to google something you don't know exist. It'd be like someone googling "Rape of Nanking" when they never knew it happened.
>>
>>76157608
again, what I said here >>76157741

We live in the information age. How can they not simply google what happened and what their country did. Ignorance is bliss i guess. Maybe I am too young and naive to understand the concept of what you're saying.
>>
File: Atheism famous people.jpg (78 KB, 607x591) Image search: [Google]
Atheism famous people.jpg
78 KB, 607x591
>>76157554
>they die off without leaving a significant mark on the world

That's demonstrably untrue. Many of Western Civilization's greatest thinkers and inventors have been atheist. Cheesy meme pic related.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_atheists_in_science_and_technology

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_atheist_philosophers

http://www.jmarkgilbert.com/atheists.html
>>
>>76157944

>Plus it's hard to google something you don't know exist. It'd be like someone googling "Rape of Nanking" when they never knew it happened.

Thats fair. I'm sure the average Japanese citizen isn't being berated about how their country committed war crimes.
>>
>>76158049
Half these people are Deists.
>>
>>76157963
>How can they not simply google what happened and what their country did.

You're just asking about Japan, though. China and Korea are VERY aware of all their past wars and the atrocities committed therein. North Korea is OBSESSED with the Korean War from the early 1950's and has museums full of artwork displaying war crimes.
>>
>>76158049
Fuck i hope i'm not wrong, but i'm 90% sure Einstein wasn't an atheist. (going of memory)

Hell, he even has a famous quote "God does not play dice"
>>
>>76158175

Were they? Or did they just make non-committal statements that were vague enough to satisfy the average Christian?
>>
File: 1342087707009.jpg (11 KB, 300x396) Image search: [Google]
1342087707009.jpg
11 KB, 300x396
>>76156435
On the whole, little can be said of just the self-proclaimed "atheists" as that simple defining element of it can be interpreted in multiple different ways. I don't find it useful to label yourself primarily "atheist" and, though I give room for doubt on an individual basis, I find labeling yourself by your atheism to be a sign of being intellectually juvenile and purely reactionary. Theism, itself, is incredibly varied and lack of belief in theism can manifest in just as many ways and so someone telling me that they're atheist says nothing about them to me and so I have very little to say or think about them without more detail. I'd love to talk with a monist, a materialist, a dualist, or whatever. But a person defined by a lack of belief in something? Where do I begin?

I feel the self-proclaimed atheism is a "safe move" because then you don't actually have to believe or uphold any views, you can just shitpost (intelligently or unintelligently) anything you disagree with and put all the work and burden on the person with a belief.

I do not think of atheists on the whole as generally heartless. That extends from the Protestant doctrine of Total Depravity. I'm a Catholic and wouldn't side with it. In fact, I am very bothered by the confusion in Christian thought that has occurred since the Reformation and into the Enlightenment and Revivals. I can relate to and care for those people who are reactionary to certain incorrect doctrines by these other sects or views of God that are simplistic in detail and bear no resemblance to the historic views in Christianity so I'm not black and white about atheists at all. While I would say they are still wrong, in most cases I would not fault them for it.
>>
>>76158221

Mostly just asking about Japan because of my lack of education on the topic.

But assuming what you said is true, does that mean the citizens accept the actions their elders committed and support them anyway?
>>
>>76158049
Anyway...Atheists don't have a replacement birth rate. On Average they are poorer, unmarried, with .7 kids...Atheism was fun in the early 2000's but even Dawkins is regretting this stupid movement.
>>
>>76158221
South Korea and China are a bit different than Best Korea though. I have a couple Chinese friends who were basically taught that "Our war crimes were justified because X and the other guy's war crimes were bad because Y".
>>
>>76158305
In my post i specifically said the story is just a shit test. A code to get into the club

I would say at least half of the practicing christians who ever lived thought it was bullshit but it would be nice to go to heaven.

They did the little rituals and went to the meetings on wednesday and sunday for the benefits
>>
>>76158232
I <think> he didn't follow any religion, but felt as though there was a higher power in the universe at work. However, some speculate that what he called God was simply the random outcomes that frequently manifest themselves in physics, or perhaps the laws of nature themselves.Although, that does depend on the answer to the theological question of what is God.
>>
>>76158634
I'd still count him as a theist then, maybe agnostic. either way, brilliant man. Funny to think how he could discover the aspects that hold the universe together (space-time for gods-sake), and yet he still though there was something more, something greater we could no perceive.
>>
>>76158420
You obviously don't understand nationalism, being a western liberal (in the classical sense-- someone not a classical liberal in the west would look crazy to most people).
>>
>>76159494
Yeah, probably comes with the whole melting pot aspect of Canada. Patriotism isn't really a thing. Walk down the street, you will see Brazilian flags, Italian flags, etc. but never Canadian flags, nobody gives a fuck.
>>
>>76156435
Sorry. My heart is breaking for them. I think that a man without faith in God is in a really dark place.
>>
>>76156688
Most Japs don't care or think about Koreans beyond worrying about Kim Jong Un nuking them. Koreans are the ones who have the intense hate boner anytime Japan does anything. Japan has been paying them billions in reparations since WW2 and they still constantly ask for more. They want Japan to repeatedly apologize, beg and grovel. Meanwhile, Japs don't give a shit about dog-eaters.
>>
>>76156435
>How does /pol/ actually feel about athiests?
A shame that we have yet to create a powerful anthropocentric, secular religion that ISN'T namby pamby leftist drivel like "humanism"
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.