[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why can't I just keep 20000$ in a bank account instead of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: insurance.jpg (103 KB, 1024x590) Image search: [Google]
insurance.jpg
103 KB, 1024x590
Why can't I just keep 20000$ in a bank account instead of paying a jew money each month for car insurance?
>>
You can be "self insured"

Maybe not the best idea, but you can.
>>
>implying liability is expensive

why should you spend YOUR money because some broke jackass didn't have any to cover his mistakes?
>>
how will job creaters create jobs without your money?
>>
>>76153059
Because when you cause $30k of damage to the car you hit you can't just fuck off
>>
>>76153479
I didn't even know this was an option? How do you do this and what is wrong with it? I just hate paying out hundreds a month for nothing. I've never been in a crash and couldn't ever see myself causing one.
>>
>>76153059
because we dont all have 20k sitting around, burger.
>>
Because medical expenses
>>
>>76153059
Because people in your state elected other people who voted for laws requiring everyone in your state to be insured.
>>
>>76153770
Firstly, you wouldn't take your advice from 4chans. And if you're paying thousands per month you really need to talk to somebody who knows how insurance works in your state.

You also might need to switch states. When I did, my insurance got slashed immediately just because I was living in a better state.
>>
Why not just make healthcare free?
>>
>>76153770

Read your state driver's handbook, it'll explain what you need to do

Keeping that kind of money tied up in an account earning only nominal interest is likely more costly than just paying for insurance, though
>>
>>76153772
Put your insurance money into an account each month. Think of how much would be there now if it hadnt been going to insurance.

Its not feasible because alot of drivers, especially the younger ones don't have that kind of money and wouldnt be as responsible with it
>>
>>76153770
And even if you never cause a crash, that doesn't stop something from happening, whether it's because of somebody else or because your vehicle chucked a belt or blew a tire or whatever.

Europoors will make fun of us all day long for having to pay for medical care, often with legitimate reason, but the most important thing about insurance is that it's there when something crazy happens and you need something that's stupid-expensive. That's when insurance really counts.
>>
>>76154298

In Virginia there's a $500/year "uninsured driver fee". I pay $300/year for liability insurance.
>>
It's threads like these that make me realize I'm wasting my time with a bunch of fucking retards. Insurance is literally the best thing you can buy.

Fucking retards, I swear to God.
>>
>>76153770
>paying out hundreds a month

what the fuck did you do in the past five years? i had a DWI and I only pay ~$80/mo
>>
>>76153770
hundreds a month... wtf did you do dui and multiple hit and runs my insurance started at 110 and i got it dropped to 71 by doing the smart ride program

id much rather pay out 71 a month then have to keep a random bank account with 20k in it. I mean think about it op you get in an accident and you have to refill that bank account so you are spending 20k on insurance since you must always have a side bank account and that 20k does not pay for shit as you have to keep it at 20k.

in short your ideas bad op
>>
>>76153059
Because damages that result in over $20,000 wouldn't protect the rest of your personal assets from being sued for damages and medical liabilities.
>>
So are the jews not at fault this time?
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.