[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Good god what a colossal fucking moron
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 137
Thread images: 25
File: image.png (654 KB, 1242x2208) Image search: [Google]
image.png
654 KB, 1242x2208
Good god what a colossal fucking moron
>>
>>76147000
education literally is a God-Given Right™ afforded by the UN though

http://www.un.org/en/universal-declaration-human-rights/
article 26
>>
Libraries.

Problem solved. Businesses would save loads of money if they hired people with the skills needed for a job rather than a piece of paper saying you completed your 4-year liberal brainwashing course.
>>
>>76147112
A right means that the government cannot deny it. Not that the government must actively provide it
>>
>>76147000
>>76147112
Education is already a right, in the same way that guns and healthcare are a right.

The government does not hand out free education or healthcare to its citizens, in the same way that they do not hand out free guns to its citizens.

Nobody is barred from access to any of these things, which is how it should be. But nobody has the right to anybody else's labor, which is what these commies are proposing...
>>
>>76147252
>Not that the government must actively provide it
counterpoint: you're wrong and rights referring to the positive providing of something actually do mean the government has to provide it

like, you have the right to health care, so cities erect hospitals at their expense. you have the rights to protection from harm, so police exist and are paid by the government instead of you having to hire your own guards. you have the right to arbitration in disputes, so civil courts literally physically exist somewhere in your city and are adequately staffed. so on so forth

2a is also a shitty meme because the CMP doesn't mail order everyone guns, only people they like because of lack of funding

>>76147241
school systems provide a way to standardize skill sets and allow employers to not waste tons of time testing everyone when someone else can do it. it also ensures that the quality of the work force is kept consistent. if you're an edgelord who just hates teachers, many disciplines and certificates allow you to study on your own and challenge tests willy-nilly, and some schools offer similar variants of what are usually classroom-based courses.
>>
>>76147742
Can Borneo or Zimbabwe or Liberia actively provide these services for their citizens? Are their citizens being denied basic rights simply because the country they were born in does it have the resources to provide them?
>>
>>76147742
>private doctors have existed before complicated jew tax systems ever came to be
>police exist only to enforce the laws of the state
>civil courts don't have to physically exist, only a 3rd party that is mutually agreed upon

you act like living life is literally impossible without government. that's the problem...
>>
>>76147880
>Can Borneo or Zimbabwe or Liberia actively provide these services for their citizens?
no which is why they're called failures

>Are their citizens being denied basic rights simply because the country they were born in does it have the resources to provide them?
yes and it's why many charities and volunteer aid organizations exist
>>
>>76147000
>education is a right

no it isn't. that's why up until the 20th century, schools were filled with only people who were wealthy, who could afford school.

if you can't afford school, you probably weren't meant to be here in the first place.
>>
>>76148385
>private doctors have existed before complicated jew tax systems ever came to be
i'm talking about public doctors for those who can't afford the private sector

>police exist only to enforce the laws of the state
i keep forgetting that america is a fascist police state where cops have no duty to protect people lmao

>civil courts don't have to physically exist, only a 3rd party that is mutually agreed upon
and that 3rd party can be a government-run civil court if you can't find anyone impartial enough to trust. having a government to run courts also makes sure that decisions come to are legally binding. if you just take Joe Bubba down the street to arbitrate, he can't actually do anything to enforce the decision.
>>
>>76148592
>no it isn't.
the UN disagrees. rights change over time to reflect necessities of life and available assets

>if you can't afford school, you probably weren't meant to be here in the first place.
lmao do americans actually still believe that being born poor means you're objectively mentally defective compared to someone born rich
>>
File: 1464844638509.jpg (306 KB, 856x571) Image search: [Google]
1464844638509.jpg
306 KB, 856x571
>>76147742
>counterpoint: you're wrong and rights referring to the positive providing of something actually do mean the government has to provide it

Why is the gov not giving me free ar-15s
>>
File: 1457234152019.png (40 KB, 825x635) Image search: [Google]
1457234152019.png
40 KB, 825x635
>>76148881
>2a is also a shitty meme because the CMP doesn't mail order everyone guns, only people they like because of lack of funding

"the argument that invalidates my argument is absolute trash because I said so"

fuck off nigger
>>
>>76148431
If i show up at your house with a broken leg and you refuse to help, are you taking away my rights by being such a failure that you are unable to set my leg and wrap a cast?
>>
>>76147742
>counterpoint: you're wrong and rights referring to the positive providing of something actually do mean the government has to provide it

Rights are secured by governments, not granted.

Right to free speech.
Right to bear arms.
Right to privacy.

The government secures these rights by not treading on them.

Right to education.

Sure, but all that means is you can go to the fucking library or learn on your own.

Your ”Right to education” is no different than a ”Right to food” meaning that tax payers have to pay your grocery bill.
>>
>>76148806
>the UN disagrees

the UN can suck my fat cock
>>
>>76148593
>public doctors
so you have a right to their labor? what if they refuse to work? do we just jail them, shoot them if they resist? that amounts to slavery

>america is a fascist police state
rich coming from a leaf whose country 'grants' its citizen the 'privilege' of free speech which the state can take away at any given time.

>he can't actually do anything to enforce the decision
he can if both parties agree to a contract, and Joe Bubba has a big fat gun he can use to persuade.
btw, you have a right to defend yourself when a party breaks contract as that party has initiated force against you

and I think we should have a mutual understanding of what we mean by the word 'right'.

in your case, you are talking about rights we grant each other has fellow humans. in which case, sure. but see my comment about canada and free speech.

what we refer to as rights, and what our constitution refers to as rights, are 'natural' rights. rights that we are born with and that no other human can take away. at the same time no human can give us these rights
>>
>>76148806
>lmao do americans actually still believe that being born poor means you're objectively mentally defective compared to someone born rich

This leaf doesn't know grants from govs and buisness' exist so that if you are smarter than anyone else you can go to free college - like my sister

or you can go to community college

fuck off
>>
>>76147000
>implying college subsidises aren't a good thing
You cut out the middleman that tries to make a profit off interest, and since this isn't an investment the government can't do any worse than a corporation. They should subsidise around 80% so it's still affordable but people feel the pinch.
>>
File: 1465082701125.jpg (85 KB, 881x549) Image search: [Google]
1465082701125.jpg
85 KB, 881x549
>>
>65.9 percent of people already go to college
>only 34 percent of americans graduate college
>allowing a bunch of a retarded people to go to college so everyone else can suffer by being around the same people that were unable to integrate into society even in childhood
>the same people will then go to college and fuck up the experience and drop out within a year

Stupid on so many levels

>"best time of your lives"

not anymore
>>
>Education is a right

Explain
>>
>>76149025
>If i show up at your house with a broken leg and you refuse to help, are you taking away my rights by being such a failure that you are unable to set my leg and wrap a cast?
what are good samaritan laws

if you flee the scene of an accident, you can be held liable for not at least calling 911

>>76148881
because the gov hates you and does not want you to exercise your rights

>>76149032
>Your ”Right to education” is no different than a ”Right to food” meaning that tax payers have to pay your grocery bill.
food stamps are a thing
well actually it's a debit card now, but still, same gist m8
>>
>>76149553

you are apparently entitled to the collected work of others, and their labor in teaching you
>>
is housing a god given right as well?

will bernie give us all free homes?

also if i dont want a college education can i get 50k cash? why should i pay higher taxes if not getting free education.
>>
>>76149553
Automation. Enjoy every blue collar worker being a massive tax burden when robots can do their jobs, or you kick them to the streets and half your country becomes homeless.
>>
>>76149529
also the people who get jobs and are successful will have to pay 70 percent of their paycheck for these people to go and then drop out of college, then pay their housing, and then pay for their children that outnumber their own children.

wew I am now a #Cuck4Bernie
>>
File: 1465104448743.jpg (645 KB, 2249x2945) Image search: [Google]
1465104448743.jpg
645 KB, 2249x2945
>>76149604
Or maybe because the gov doesn't own me shit, they just protect the right that I have.

Fucking kill yourself communist niggerfag
>>
>>76149604
>what are good samaritan laws

legally dubious
>>
>>76149553
we can't communicate as well if no one can read.
but bernie meant to say "Liberal arts degrees are a right, not a privilege"
>>
File: image.jpg (272 KB, 1450x877) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
272 KB, 1450x877
>>76148806

>rights change over time

holy fuck you're shitposting hard arent you
>>
>>76147000
Why didn't that faggot ever run for governor and try to change that in Vermont?

Hell, he could have introduced a bill 20 years ago
>>
>>76149683
they're actually legally binding, it's just that the only thing you really HAVE to do is call 911 and not flee the scene. and of course it's not really worth tracking someone down to arrest them just because they walked past a guy throwing up violently or bleeding from the ears or w/e and didn't help

in fact, you're more liable for criminal or civil suit if you start manhandling them to try to fix them, and then fuck it up somehow

t. first aid cert holder
>>
>>76149631
No you don't get it

Your life is better if other people go to college. You should be grateful for the opportunity to pay for it
>>
File: image.jpg (10 KB, 250x227) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
10 KB, 250x227
>>76149991

honestly can't tell if shitposting or mocking the faggot commies
>>
>a bachelor's degree is what a high school diploma was 50 years ago
>therefore let's introduce MORE bachelor's degrees and devalue them MORE
>and then in 50 years a master's degree will be the minimum!
>filling colleges to the brim with students
>going to have to build more colleges
>producing more pseudo-intellectuals who think education = intelligence and value

When everyone has something it doesn't matter. This just sounds like basic supply and demand. If there's a higher supply of college degrees, the demand goes down and they don't matter. Putting those with no education even FURTHER down the list making them even more unable to get a good paying job. We don't need more people churned out of the indoctrination facilities majoring in who gives a fuck, we need good paying, low-skill manufacturing jobs that literally anybody can get and provide for a family on. This is how we help 'income inequality'? By making it harder for the poorerst people who can't support themselves anyway and demanding they be sent to college while increasing the supply of educated people to take their place?
>>
>>76149631
>is housing a god given right as well?
it's in neither the UN charter, the US constitution, nor any other relevant document, so not right now it's not but it could become one if you fought for it

that seems like something that should vary based on climate. you can live outdoors indefinitely in, say, california or the midwest, but new york and vermont might be a little trying one winter hits

also homeless shelters already exist so it's not like there's not a precedent for providing shelter to those who can't get it themselves. it's not a perfect solution and they're generally stretched very thin, but hey, it's there

>why should i pay higher taxes if not getting free education.
because taxes are a large pool of fund garnered from the populace of your country, and not a direct payment for services

>also if i dont want a college education can i get 50k cash?
no because while you don't get the cash back, you get the benefits of a higher educated populace and more effective work force resulting in a stronger economy where you have an easier time living and a higher quality of life

>>76150244
>When everyone has something it doesn't matter.

have you considered not being a chump who goes into STEM because >LE MATHEMATICS 80k STARTING HEHE and instead picking up a trade certificate or going into a non-meme profession or something

it's not the gubment's fault you can't identify a bubbling job market
>>
>>76150390
>and instead picking up a trade certificate or going into a non-meme profession or something

I aint talkin about myself here, leaf. And not everyone can go into a trade. I want jobs anybody, and I mean anybody of any income level and education, can do. We need simple good paying labor jobs. Not everyone can be a tradesmen, STEM major, or other 'meme profession'. Some people just have to be worker bees for their live's work and that's fine.
>>
>>76147000
You aren't going to get the wall Trump promised either. Welcome to campaign rhetoric.
>>
File: 1464516796279.jpg (86 KB, 700x490) Image search: [Google]
1464516796279.jpg
86 KB, 700x490
>>76147112
The UN says a lot of things.
>>
>>76150390
and then everyone picks up a trade certificate and the job market ceases to bubble
>>
File: 1382462156571.jpg (282 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1382462156571.jpg
282 KB, 1280x720
>>76150679
>And not everyone can go into a trade.
wew lad

> I want jobs anybody, and I mean anybody of any income level and education, can do.
flip burgers and stock shelves

you may not need an education for that, but no one's forcing you to go -- they're just subsidizing the people who do go
>>
>>76150945
you keep talking about force. i have the right to reap what i sow. all mentions of tax subsidized industries contradict that directly. what do you do when these rights contradict each other? what sort of mental gymnastics do you go through to justify this?
>>
>>76150945
>>And not everyone can go into a trade.
>wew lad

You're not seriously arguing everyone can become a plumber, drywaller, painter, electrician, tile worker, roofer, or any of those 'trades' are you? I know there's a lot more that can be than are now but it's professions that thrive on not having too many people that do them.

>flip burgers and stock shelves
Yeah people are doing those jobs, and they're not making enough money to survive off of (as they shouldn't because McDonalds workers and minimum wage isn't meant to survive off) so as a result the taxpayers have to pay more into welfare benefits because these people can't live. I want what was, factory jobs that anybody could get and live off of and a thriving economy.
>>
File: image.jpg (36 KB, 300x450) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
36 KB, 300x450
Ban leafs from 4chan when?
>>
File: 1461298899403.gif (2 MB, 245x160) Image search: [Google]
1461298899403.gif
2 MB, 245x160
>let's put doctors at gun point because it's my right to get free health care
>let's put anyone with any amount of conceivable knowledge at gun point for not sharing it with the public for free

what could go wrong
>>
I agree with Bernie. Tuition for an equivalent degree in Canada is like ten times cheaper than the states.
>>
>>76151638
>public institutions go to shit like public defenders due to overwhelming patient loads and drops in supply
>private institutions only get better due to lower amount of patients being seen by high quality doctors that left public practice

What
Can
Go
Wrong?
>>
Health care is a guaranteed right in Canada btw.
>>
>>76151968
kind of like freedom of speech, yea?
>>
>>76152118

Don't give a shit about freedom of speech. Unless I am arrested for hate speech it doesn't affect me.
>>
>>76151304
>You're not seriously arguing everyone can become a plumber, drywaller, painter, electrician, tile worker, roofer, or any of those 'trades' are you?
I thought you meant that it's somehow beyond your ability to learn how to patch holes in drywall or how to twist wires into a light switch

>and they're not making enough money to survive off of (as they shouldn't because McDonalds workers and minimum wage isn't meant to survive off)
so literally what are you proposing then because it sounds like you're just complaining about being unemployed yourself but refusing to admit that there should be more ways for a nigga to gets a gud job

>>76151638
have you ever been to a school or hospital

do you see anyone "at gun point"

>>76151741
this is true, to the point where it's common to meet americans in quebec CEGEPs and universities because even at 10k a year or whatever it is, it's still cheaper than community college and for a more respectable certificate/degree
>>
>>76151968
You say that like it's a good thing

have you ever been to a fucking emergency room here before?
>>
>>76151899
>private institutions get better
No they don't. Their taxes get higher and the demand drops off because they cannot compete against a monopoly on the use of force.

All that will happen is education will stagnate.
>>
File: death to america.jpg (348 KB, 807x797) Image search: [Google]
death to america.jpg
348 KB, 807x797
>>76152118
>le canucks cant le soap boxe lol ;^)
anyone who gets mad about shit said has to prove in court that it caused them tangible damage

and butthurt tranny tears don't count

[spoiler]for now ;_;[/spoiler]
>>
>>76147000

aren't there already cheap ass colleges in the US?
>>
>>76152200
>do you see anyone "at gun point"

leafs dont understand hyperbole?

guess that free education isn't working out as well as you guys claim
>>
>>76152206
>have you ever been to a fucking emergency room here before?
Yeah, the one time I had an actual serious injury and had to go to the ER, I got sped through pretty good

the problem is that people hit the ER for every little boo-boo because it's cheap to free, clogging up the joint

>>76152333
>you guys
it's hard to false flag when there is literally a flag next to your post saying where you're from
>>
Just be a smart person and get the degree in Canada and move to the states. Get as much out as possible and put as little $$ back in
>>
>>76152217
That's why private lawyers are so terrible, right?

That's why public defenders are so great, right? You have a right to an attorney but that doesn't mean the attorney will be good, does it?

It'll be the same as legal representation if health care becomes a right. You have a right to health care but that doesn't mean it's going to be good. And the government doesn't already force private attorneys to represent people when satisfactory representation through a public defender can't be found.
>>
>>76152381
this is also an option. an airplane ticket to a country that offers free university is infinitely cheaper than tuition in the states.

we just don't want that commie shit over here
>>
>>76152268
not according to your supreme court ruling on hate speech

>http://scc-csc.lexum.com/scc-csc/scc-csc/en/item/12876/index.do

>The fact that s. 14(1)(b) of the Code does not require intent by the publisher or proof of harm, or provide for any defences does not make it overbroad. Systemic discrimination is more widespread than intentional discrimination and the preventive measures found in human rights legislation reasonably centre on effects, rather than intent. The difficulty of establishing causality and the seriousness of the harm to vulnerable groups justifies the imposition of preventive measures that do not require proof of actual harm.
>>
>>76152376
>the problem is that people hit the ER for every little boo-boo because it's cheap to free, clogging up the joint

yes.

>it's hard to false flag when there is literally a flag next to your post saying where you're from

that's not what false flag means dude

>these are the people defending FREE SHIT LMAO

holy fuck
>>
>>76147112
>the un
>being anything but a flaccid figure head

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=084irEAQrLQ
>>
Link to tweet or its fake.
>>
>>76152523
>we just don't want that commie shit over here
why not, it would be cheaper for you

it's literally a proposal to save you money

why don't you like this

>>76152618
> the preventive measures found in human rights legislation reasonably centre on effects, rather than intent
exactly, you have to prove that damage was done. it's like if you get a noise violation or something, they don't care why you're starting shit, just that you're causing trouble at all
>>
>>76147000
no, he is not.
He is almost as good as Trump. He is playing college kids so hard its funny. Just like Trump is playing on the media and white middle class rage and Hillary is playing women and niggers.

Its all a game and Bernie's game is good because college kids are impressionable. Go to college campuses pander to college kids, COLLEGE SHOULD BE FREE, hire some good looking females and males have them go to campus across the US and put up booths for this shit.. you are golden. Then ask a bunch of kids to donate to your campaign.. cha ching. you cant make this shit up, how dumb people are and how easy they are to manipulate.

bunch of blue pilled sheep that claim red pill.. that is why /pol is so sad.
>>
>>76150244
>This just sounds like basic supply and demand. If there's a higher supply of college degrees, the demand goes down and they don't matter.

That's literally not how supply and demand work, an increase in supply doesn't mean shit to the demand curve on its own
>>
File: 1452665142366.gif (2 MB, 300x164) Image search: [Google]
1452665142366.gif
2 MB, 300x164
A liberal's guide to logic:

>I really want X
>hmmm how can I obtain X? Well I don't really want to work for it; I'll just get other people to give it to me!
>Now how do I convince other people that I deserve to have X? Oh I know!
>"It is my right to have X! Anybody who denies my right to X is a scumbag fascist pig!"
>>
>>76147000
Can someone please tell me why he wants to waste money giving everyone free college when our high schools are abysmal and we would get literally ten thousand times the value by improving K-12 education?

K-12 is enough for anyone to survive in the world. College is for if you want to specialize in something. I don't ever want to pay for some idiot's theater degree.
>>
>>76152761
>justifies the imposition of preventive measures that do not require proof of actual harm.

This means that the it's up to the state to decide what is hate speech or not. That is pretty overreaching and makes the concept of 'free' speech a joke.

>why not, it would be cheaper for you
we did try it already. our k-12 god awful. subsidizing scholarship will end up the same for college.

now, there is a point to be made about how bernie and partially the democrats want to go about this. they want public schools to be free. private institutions will remain as is. which is fine, currently our private institutions are the best in the world.

the problem will be when the degree is more important that the quality of the education, and i already mentioned how primary school ended up. affirmative action already make drop out rates in ivy league absurdly high
>>
>>76153063
This. You know why speech, and guns are rights? Cause you use them yourself and are (supposed to be) unregulated by the government. The only things you have that are rights provided by the government are legal representation and a trial and that's only because the government is trying to go through a process to take away your rights. You do not have a 'right' to better yourself through other people providing the means to do so.
>>
File: common core math.jpg (198 KB, 610x668) Image search: [Google]
common core math.jpg
198 KB, 610x668
>>76153121
>our k-12 god awful.
thats because of your retarded lesson plans, not that it's government subsidized

>hurr k-12 education is bad because it's cheap
it's bad because americans are apparently retarded and impose lessons like pic related

subsidized k-12 education works literally everywhere else on earth where it's done
>>
>>76153072
>please tell me why
because he needs people to vote for him and give him money? he decided college kids would be his path to that. why do you think the majority of his supporters are under 30.
He is tapping into that college angst to fuel his campaign.
>>
>>76153480
what the fuck is with that image
>>
>>76147000

>Education is a right

So is the right to bear arms and call people niggers, but apparently leftists think it's okay to reatrict those.
>>
A college level education should be afforded by the government if it is seeked by the people. A more educated population is never a bad thing. Tuition cost in the US is insane.
>>
>>76147112

In my country no one can restrict you from accessing University if you meet the financial and academic standards.

Australia confirmed U.N. tier.
>>
File: 1465078249168.jpg (374 KB, 2000x1500) Image search: [Google]
1465078249168.jpg
374 KB, 2000x1500
Considering modern psychology classes in American universities postulate that sex is a critical part of adulthood, perhaps Bernie and all of his fat blue-haired mob can start holding up signs about how women need to start fucking betas instead of just hypergamy'ing up for Chad

>sex is a right, not a privilege
>>
>>76153843
So if I pick no to go to college the government should pay for the down payment for my house. Everyone has the right to a home!
>>
>>76153919

Sec is actually a more important and fundamental right than education.

So why is the government providing me with fresh fuck holes on demand?
>>
>devalue undergraduate degrees
>suddenly they're no longer the distinguishing mark of a great potential employee, everyone's got one
>you'll need a fucking PhD to get an entry level job in your field
>you'll need that bachelor of arts to apply to mcdonald's

the fundamental flaw with the idea of free college is that you get to choose your major. so everyone chooses shit meme studies degrees and go to university for "the college experience" rather than to actually learn.

Unless the government can allot students to where the economy actually needs it, there is no way this could ever be productive
>>
>>76153775
Education already is a right. Bernie just plans to extend the period it applies to by another 4 years.

All of a sudden a bachelor degree becomes equivalent to a high school diploma. Now people need to get higher degrees to distinguish themselves.

If Bernie plans to make higher degrees free as well all you will see is people who are permanent students.

More time in education institutions is not necessarily going to improve outcomes in any case.
>>
File: Common-Core-Math-Test.jpg (137 KB, 708x903) Image search: [Google]
Common-Core-Math-Test.jpg
137 KB, 708x903
>>76153634
american school system at work baby!!
>>
>>76153973

Governmenta do pay for housing. And food. And medical care. And education.

I have no idea where this Bernie memery comes from.
>>
>>76153480
the problem happens because when government gets into a business, it becomes a monopoly. and we all learn in school what happens with monopolies
>stagnation
>inefficiencies

when schools are forced to compete, better models come out of it.
and the reason why tuition prices have shot up is because
1. we artificially increased the demand for school. prices would be way more reasonable if the college meme weren't a thing.
2. colleges have catered to a shit market, of people who want to experience the 'college life' rather than go for scholarship.

public schools have become this abomination because kids would rather go to the private ones that have a particular lifestyle. if people went strictly for an education, none of that bullshit should matter so none of that bullshit would be part of the cost.

>then why arent there school that offer only this?
there are, they are community colleges and they work perfectly fine. tuition is cheap as hell and you learn something useful.
>>
>>76154068

I have family friends in the U.K. who uave never had a job in their lives. Are still professional students in their mid 60's and live comfortable middle class lives thanks to the dole 4 a house scheme.

Seems pretty good to me.
>>
>>76153480
>>76154083
community colleges are cheap, and people are retarded enough to purposefully put themselves in massive debt just so they can live a particular lifestyle while in college.

the entire problem is actually non existent. people are just entitled
>>
>>76153634
Shit teachers that are protected by unions. they can not be fired no matter how bad they are.
>>
>>76154074
>>76154074
In the US I don't get 50k to put down on a house because I didn't go to college. I expect it if college is paid through any tax. It's not fair that they have a right to education but I don't have a right to my own home.
>>
File: E3sUxpx.png (403 KB, 475x328) Image search: [Google]
E3sUxpx.png
403 KB, 475x328
>>76147742
kill yourself other leaf
>>
>>76153634
I would slightly agree with the matrix problem. When dealing with matrices there is actually a difference between 4x5 and 5x4. My hesitation is at the fact that at the level the student seems to be at, there is zero chance the teacher has actually taught them about matrices.

The other problem is absolutely graded incorrectly as per the commutative property.
>>
>>76153843
Time spent in education =/= quality of education

Very little of what is taught on college campuses translates to employable skills.

>A more educated population is never a bad thing
A more educated population can be an entirely bad thing if it proves to be a less productive population. The years someone spends at university are in an economic sense almost entirely unproductive.
>>
>>76154083
>the problem happens because government
care to explain why k-12 education doesn't use retarded shit like common core in other countries, then?

>>76154188
it really seems like the issue with most social programs as proposed to america isn't "the program won't work for financial and/or political reasons" as "americans are too retarded to do literally anything ever"
>>
Just make k-12 harder. Bury those little fuckers in work.

Government starts footing the bill on a bunch of dumb fucks failing out of college will only result in the government pulling money from colleges that 'leave students behind'.
>>
>>76154149
If it is possible many people would do it. It is an inviting way to live. None the less permanent students are not productive citizens.
>>
>>76154192
>Shit teachers that are protected by unions.
Nope. Common core comes from well above any individual teacher. iirc it's federal level
>>
>>76154431
>care to explain why k-12 education doesn't use retarded shit like common core in other countries, then?
government is the most prone to corruption as it's the place least likely to get caught.

you never offered any solution to the existing problem. it's the same bullshit of 'let's keep throwing money at it. that should fix it' that has plagued every government since forever.

>t really seems like the issue with most social programs...
like i said, the problem is non existent. bernie wants to make community colleges free. fine, they are almost free anyways.
the problem comes when he wants to make other public universities free. these universities compete for student enrollment with private ones, and most people are completely retarded and want to go to college for the experience, not the scholarship.

so the question is again. why should i subsidize that?
>>
File: 1464822485929.jpg (10 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
1464822485929.jpg
10 KB, 225x225
>>76147742
That's wrong and impossible. The cure to cancer without a rate of failure is a form of healthcare that does not exist yet because no one has figured out how to make one.

By what moronic logic can you claim it is your right to access what does not exist? And what's more, what if someone did make it and wouldn't share it, and then died.

Thinking that a right is something that the government and by extension anyone else must provide you with and not something that no one in the world may deny you access to is the opinion of a child.
>>
>>76154399
>I would slightly agree with the matrix problem.
it's a 3rd grade arithmetic test. if anything, it's closer to doing geometry with cartesian coordinates, where the way the kid drew his ticks is correct.

>>76154674
you're still failing to explain why literally every other country on earth has managed to not entirely fuck up k-12 math and language education the same way around 45 states of the Union have

>you never offered any solution to the existing problem.
the obvious solution to "common core is insane" is "don't use common core and revert back to traditional methods"

that's not "throwing money at it" either, but w/e, good job being yet another retarded american
>>
>>76154747
>you have a right to healthcare in general = you have the right to a cure for cancer specifically
you are retarded fampai
>>
>>76154799
i answered that question and it was about corruption. common core was the brainchild of some corrupt niggers.

and because it's government, it is a monopoly.

yet you still propose to keep throwing money at the problem (read: free college)

so again, why should i subsidize the college lifestyle?
>>
>>76153480
Common core is fucking retarded.

t. Math major
>>
>>76155122
>and because it's government,
so why haven't all the rest of the world's western governments adopted common core like curricula?

>so again, why should i subsidize the college lifestyle?
no one is asking you to. tuition and dorms and greek life shit are separate you fucking moron
>>
>>76152734
>still no link to twitter
lol
>>
>>76147742
police are not around to "protect you from harm"
there are about a dozen supreme court cases about this. Police exist to enforce the law.
"cities" erect hospitals on loan and are paid for by people who use the buildings rather quickly.

there is no court in my hamlet b/c it's too small. also the use of courts to arbitrate disputes isn't a right, it's an obligation.

looks like you're wrong on all counts buddy-boy.
look something up before you decide to pontificate over it.
>>
>>76156071
>police are not around to "protect you from harm"
this is literally only the case in the us, because the us is a shithole
>>
>>76156201
if this is the case, give me the legal precedents declaring police as public defenders and/or news articles showing police taking proactive measures to protect someone from imminent danger.
>>
>>76147000
>A commodity is a right
How can someone as old as Bernie and still be so stupid?
>>
Literally a commie huckster.
>>
File: boosh.gif (85 KB, 160x120) Image search: [Google]
boosh.gif
85 KB, 160x120
>>76156307
https://scc-csc.lexum.com/scc-csc/scc-csc/en/item/1682/index.do

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/R_v_Godoy

>"The Court affirmed that police have a common law duty to protect lives and that an anonymous 911 call is sufficient to invoke that duty, consequently, the police were justified in forcibly entering into the private home."
>>
>>76156201
>this is literally only the case in the us

Proof?
>>
>>76152885
That's true, but an increase in the supply of labor will make the positions more competitive. This gives the firms the ability to lower wages/salary. And to your point, because the demand will not be effected the ratio of college graduates to college graduates in their field will be lowered.
>>
File: SHAME CUBE.gif (3 MB, 320x227) Image search: [Google]
SHAME CUBE.gif
3 MB, 320x227
>>76156417
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-france-shooting-police-idUSKCN0T811J20151119
>>
>>76156414

that's not proactive. the police responded to a call for help and reacted under presumption that laws had been broken. this is the same in the US.
>>
>>76149553
we are forced to get feed to the machine that is the educational system approved by Soros
>>
>>76156508
if carrying arms makes a place more safe, then the locations in the US where the citizens are most heavily armed must be the safest...
oh wait, that is the case. i guess giving the people the right and obligation to defend themselves works after all :\
>>
File: 1462604832528.jpg (43 KB, 630x630) Image search: [Google]
1462604832528.jpg
43 KB, 630x630
>>76147000
The problem with education as a right is that The US isn't homogeneous and trusting which allows people to fall out of society.

These people create a class of retards who will pay anyone to tell them they are smart. That's all a modern college is. That isn't a burden that should be put on the productive tax payer.
>>
File: 1450293844707.png (67 KB, 230x230) Image search: [Google]
1450293844707.png
67 KB, 230x230
>>76147000
>I pay 222 € / year
mfw
>>76153480
>>76154069
wtf? is this real?
>>
Listen it is like this:

"Free" University is financable as seen in Germany, but it will dramatically decrease the quality. I'm talking MINT here, not liberal dance therapy. I'm at the best german university right now (Technical university of munich) and it is only placed at 55 in global university rankings. Why don't the Bernie shills never talk about that?
>>
>>76156508
>police carrying weapons is an special occasion.

gee wiz.
>>
>>76147000
That's not really true, but I understand the sentiment. A successful country needs an educated society and if education in its entirety was put behind a paywall then we'd be kind of fucked.

But college education is not a right nor is it a requirement. You can be a successful, and even educated, citizen without going to college.
>>
How is anything sanders said wrong?
>>
>>76156833
again I say
>it really seems like the issue with most social programs as proposed to america isn't "the program won't work for financial and/or political reasons" as "americans are too retarded to do literally anything ever"

>>76156735
>if carrying arms makes a place more safe, then the locations in the US where the citizens are most heavily armed must be the safest...
i dunno why youre bringing up gun control all of a sudden when the discussion was about police having a duty to protect people??? do you think i'm super anti-gun or something because most canadians are not

>>76156637
what part of "common law duty to protect lives" do you not understand

why are literally all americans so retarded
>>
>>76156637
It has proactive implications.

The exact text of the supreme court decision in Canada reads:
>The police had a duty to ascertain the reason for the 911 call and had the power, derived as a matter of common law from this duty, to enter the apartment to verify that there was in fact no emergency.

>The police had a duty

If it only allowed them to enter the house as soon as the 911 call was placed, it would be reactive and same as in the US. But it says not only were they allowed to enter the house, it was their DUTY to enter it. In Canada the police are required to render assistance.

http://scc-csc.lexum.com/scc-csc/scc-csc/en/item/1682/index.do
>>
>>76154188
^^^
Community college is almost fucking free already.
>>
>>76154436
Just graduated high school and couldnt agree more.
Our work was too fucking easy. The dumbest fuckers had 4.0's.
The top 1/3 of our class ended with a 4.0, actually.
>>
>>76147742
>it also ensures that the quality of the work force is kept consistent
kike universities just pass everyone to soak in the loan shekels so no this is nowhere close to true.
>>
File: image.jpg (21 KB, 278x181) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
21 KB, 278x181
Its already free

Pic related.
>>
>>76157272
yes there is really nothing wrong with the prospect of free college, but there is a bigger problem with the US.

Being that the federal government is superb at fucking up social programs. It's because there are too many people people and the population density is too low. Germany is a quarter the US' population and historically homogeneous.

The only solution is to free the states and let them experiment with it, but the feds have a disgusting obsession with power masked as egalitarianism. Otherwise it would be painfully obvious that Maine and Oregon can make free college work while New Mexico and Illinois can't
>>
>>76147112
>the UN
>>
>>76157892
>It's because there are too many people people and the population density is too low.
This is a shitty meme and it's shitter than usual here since universities in the US are not significantly larger than equivalently-equipped universities elsewhere and have no reason other than their own incompetence to piss away funds or resort to do-nothing SJW curriculae
>>
>>76158117
Except it's not. If you want the entire country to participate you need federal employees on the ground in every location. By that point you're already neck deep in money laundering. The feds don't know how to maintain long term programs, they on do in and outs.

Nationalized anything in The US is DOA.

Recount any social program that has been a success in The US and it has been initialized and maintained by state or local government.
>>
>>76147000
I like that he doesn't understand why degrees have higher interest rates compared to cars and houses.
>>
>>76153480
See now this is where the teacher tries to be smarter than they already are, but end up looking dumb.

Its run over rise not rise over run, so when he label his 4 lines in rows of 6 he was right, its just the teacher being a jackass
>>
It's such a double edged sword that I don't know what to think of college for everyone.
Thread replies: 137
Thread images: 25

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.