[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ubisoft is a diverse company: games quality plunges
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 59
UBISOFT YES !

Someone made a video demonstrating that Ubisoft's game quality actually downgraded over time even though the technology available got 100 times better.

>Comparison between E3 demos and retail version of recent Ubisoft games. I encourage you to not only focus on textures or lighting, but also on animation, level density, physics, and sound. Recorded in 1080p at max settings on PC with a controller.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNter0oEYxc&feature=youtu.be

DIVERSITY FOLKS
>>
Ubisoft has always made shit games. The fact that women dropped them even lower is mind baffeling. Its almost unhuman
>>
What does all of this mean?
>>
it also happened to the guys who make Halo, it was be pretty funny if I wasn't such a fan of the AC games
>>
>>76142535
Are video games degenerate?
>>
>>76142890
It means Ubisoft is going to get even worse.
>>
>>76142535
honestly not surprised at all, how do you end up with so many females replacing males without quotas?
>>
>>76142896
But Assassin's Creed was never good. It was a cool idea that was always poorly executed. They're all boring repetitive shit.
>>
>>76142535
>that second photo
>she calls that equality
>>
>>76143000
nice trips
>>
>>76142535
wrong channel faggot
>>
Oh yeah. You forgot to mention that it was the diverse team that created the quality of game at the E3, but it wasn't their CHOICE to have it downgrade. They're not the senior positions, but working positions. The senior management is still very patriarchal at its best, and its only recently did the working positions get more equal and diversified.
>>
>>76142535
Yeah im pretty sure this "VEAG" page is satirical
>not necessarily a talented or passionate one
>louis ck reference
>>
File: 1458532527013.png (272 KB, 630x607) Image search: [Google]
1458532527013.png
272 KB, 630x607
>>76143203
>>
File: digitalrape.jpg (89 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
digitalrape.jpg
89 KB, 1280x720
>>76143321
every time
>>
Ubisoft is literally being gobbled up by Vivendi now, and there's nothing they can do to stop it.

I don't think Ubishit could actually get worse considering their games are written by SJW hambeasts and the actual hard "computer gamey parts" are programmed by cheap, shitty poo in the lou a continent away, but never underestimate the capacity for shit to get even worse.
>>
>>76142535
>Girl in the front has pink hair
No wonder their games have gone to shit
>>
>>76142535
>that second post fourth paragraph
>all the women they hired had to be strong in the face of a five minute interview that landed them a job some red blooded male spent years trying to get

>work your ass off your whole life trying to major in computer programming and video game development, hoping to God that some big name company responds to you and hires you
>the moment comes, you spent years working tooth and nail for this. you finally land an interview with Ubisoft
>you go in there's a human resource lady that resembles someone who has a distaste for men and hygiene, simultaneously disgusting to all five senses
>you look past that and try your damnedest this goblin with a vagina is pleased with what you've done with your life in the field
>she looks at you, looks at your resume huffs like a pig and tells you to "GEETTT OUT CISSS PIGGGG REEEEEEEEEEE"
>you dont get the job but find out a fucking retard with orange hair who thinks he's a carrot gets it because of diversity quotas
what do you do, is this why Ubisoft hasn't done anything remarkable in recent years
>>
Been seeing lots of girls on Tinder lately with jobs as programmers. Which is strange to me because I just know none of these moderately attractive women are competent enough to work at Citrix, especially at such a young age.
>>
>>76142535
>diverse group
>it's all women
Do these faggots know what 'diversity' means, or did they just incorrectly assign a cool-sounding word to their beliefs?
>>
>>76142535
That bottom image is literally all their female staff, they have thousands of members at ubi montreal. The women hardly make a dent.
>>
>>76142535
Is this even real?

How can they sell and market a newer version of a franchised game that noticably looks WORSE?
>>
>>76143203

Are you retarded? The satire is so obvious it hurts. You have to be a complete normalfag to not see it.
>>
>>76143698

Wow it really makes me think
>>
File: bobanddoug1.jpg (45 KB, 450x348) Image search: [Google]
bobanddoug1.jpg
45 KB, 450x348
>>76143321

A fucking leaf.
>>
File: fotofnewjlexer_photo.png (204 KB, 353x402) Image search: [Google]
fotofnewjlexer_photo.png
204 KB, 353x402
>diversity
>Can't even spot one male in the second photo.
I actually took the left seriously for quite some time, but this picture reassures me. They're all idiots.
>>
>>76143670
>Been seeing lots of girls on Tinder lately with jobs as programmers.
karlie kloss i think influenced that
>>
>>76142535

Did that thing really state that a diverse group is better than a talented/passionate one?
>>
>>76143698

It says "Ubisoft Montreal", it's a lot of women for just one office that actually supposed to develop games. Women can't code for shit in general so I guess they use their non-wage-gaped wages to outsource in China or India (and those people can't code for shit as well so we get a shitty product at the end)
>>
>>76143670
I'll tell you right now from personal experience, at least 75% of ALL programmers are absolute shit and no nothing about what they attempt to do. Even those employed.

That number goes up to at least 90% when it comes to women.

Source: my ass. Everyone I know that knows their shit in the field agrees with me.
>>
>>76143818
>>76144041
>>76143740
>>76143696
Are you idiots serious? You think there's an actual game company that has all women developers? That's obviously a photo of all the women they have on staff.
>>
>>76143199
This fampai, people who think it's good need to die

>You know what make a great game?
>A stealth game with no stealth elements and were all the fighting is done by qte's
>>
>>76143573
That's a tranny, right?
>>
>>76143670
So these are the cunts that are responsible for ICA sucking so much ass.

I moved 40 companies to PCoIP because of their shitty protocol, good fucking riddance.

>>76144174
this

just logging into my TFS server causes me physical pain now - I can't believe we've hired half the people we have on staff considering how shitty their code is.

Libraries were a mistake
>>
>>76144189 you are mistaken.

>>76143740 was just astonished that the new Ubisoft games look actually worst than they used to, nearly ten years ago. That's an impressive feat and it definitely has to do with the disastrous "diversity" policies, lots of talented people fled to greener pastures.
>>
>>76144189

Why did (you) include me?(ending in 41)
Your reply is not relevant,
>>
I miss old ubi with great games like splinter cell. Now it's just a jobs program for "nerd" girls.
>>
File: 1448934467036.gif (3 MB, 360x270) Image search: [Google]
1448934467036.gif
3 MB, 360x270
>>76142535
I hate this fucking meme that "diversity" for diversty sake makes a company better.

Everywhere ive ever workd for years makes you take diversity training and it never backs up this base assumption.

what fucking bullshit, a team of Jappanese buisnessmen will beat a multicultural team any fucking day of the week.

the only argument diversity has is "the best candidate should get the job regaurdless of color or gender"

now it is, you must have some bizarre representation from all the ethnic groups in the country.

WHY THE FUCK DO YOU HAVE TOO??
>>
Last Ubisoft game I played was far cry 3 and I got that shit for like $5.
>>
>>76142535
>diverse

The second picture is 90% women
>>
>>76144174
Software engineer. Can confirm 400%.
>>
>>76142535
Fuck off to your containment board /v/irgin
>>
>>76142535
>Ubisoft is a diverse company: games quality plunges

Is this supposed to be surprising?
>>
>we take equality very seriously

>that's why we hired nothing but women and fired all the men and/or coerced them to leave with threats and social pressure
>>
>>76142535
>Best decisions made by a diverse group of minds, not the most passionate or talented

The fuck? So by this logic Apple is a market leader because of diversity, not because of a sociopathic CEO who was passionate about aesthetics?

Bitch please.
>>
>>76143199
The first two were pretty good, all the other ones were fucking garbage.
>>
>>76142535
market forces will take a shit on progressivism.

do you want to feel equal or do you want to put food on the table?
>>
>>76144097
They're a fucking massive studio dude that develops a ridiculous amount of games a year and who says those are are all coders? Probably half of them are artists and designers.
>>
>>76142535
unisoft hasnt made a good game since Splinter cell

that was what? 2002? 14 fucking years ago? amazing how some devs can coast on the hopes that a series will make a comeback or turn back to what it once was

but then again there is Valve and its Half life series and the morbidly obese fans that ares till hoping the 3rd will come out
>>
>>76142535
Should've bought Jade's game.
>>
>Ironically had both more diversity and talent in the first photo.
>>
>>76144174
>tfw used to know buddy who worked on low level engine development at ubisoft (no joke)
>he left shortly before AC:Unity was begun because of the ragingly retarded management
>the fact that he left directly played a part in that pile of shit having the performance of an autistic amputee bear attempting to fly a plane
>>
>>76142535
No wonder you went from releasing good shit like ruse to utter garbage
>>
>>76143000
depends whether you care more about virtual worlds than real ones. if you can lose all your video game progress and not bat an eye because you know it's just a form of entertainment then you're probably ok. mmos are the most cancerous
>>
>>76144545

i loved splinter cell, it was like MGS for non plebs
>>
File: womenandcoding.jpg (226 KB, 869x1776) Image search: [Google]
womenandcoding.jpg
226 KB, 869x1776
>>76143321
The trailers are made using specific hardware and the released product is dumbed down because they couldn't get it properly optimized to run on consumer systems.
>>
>>76142535
Name a good ubisoft game.

protip: you can't.
>>
File: 1464403596328.jpg (6 KB, 168x178) Image search: [Google]
1464403596328.jpg
6 KB, 168x178
>tfw ubisoft looked more diverse in 2007
>shit nigga
>>
was that guy that was the psycho guy in far cry 3 the guy mike is working with in better call saul?
>>
>>76143670
This is what happens when you let women program
https://github.com/nodejs/node/issues/3721
>>
>>76144545
SC was the best game of all time in my opinion. Felt like such an accomplishment to beat that game.
>>
>>76143667

why are you so bad at spotting satire

i run the veag page. it's like the onion for tech news with a /pol/ slant
>>
File: KE6QNYV.png (1 MB, 1357x1281) Image search: [Google]
KE6QNYV.png
1 MB, 1357x1281
>>76143895
>karlie kloss i think influenced that

Because hiring a pretty retard is the only way to make coding appeal to women.

Hundreds of women pioneering in tech and they ignore them for a fucking instagram model.

I'm goddamn triggered.
>>
>>76144734
see

>>76144545
>>
>>76144681

>Played mmo's was I was younger
>Built up the best gear in the ones I played
>Sold the accounts for profit

I could careless about a virtual worlds stuff. Thats why when I acquired the best I could I sold it.
>>
>>76142535
ubisoft has always sucked though. they are unable to make good gameplay so some weird reason.
>>
File: CP-logo-small.gif (44 KB, 600x219) Image search: [Google]
CP-logo-small.gif
44 KB, 600x219
>>76144305
Interestingly, canadian sexual dimorphism is the opposite to hominids, more akin to arachnids or angler fish the female canadian is bigger, stronger and more aggressive than the male.
This leads to some incredible mating behaviour, the male spends the majority of his life in a small protective building, only venturing out to apologize, prep and pay alimony.
>>
>>76144693
They were mostly good ideas for games.
>>
>>76142535
Guess that explains why it's gone to shit, eh?
>>
>>76144848
>def concatenate strings
>"#{string1} #{string2}"
>>
Ubishit ruined the Heroes of Might and Magic franchise, the latest release is so buggy that now, almost a year after release, is so buggy it's unplayable for me. The AI on hard mode is literally broken and after several patches it still doesn't work.

And they have the gall to implement the proposed fixes in an expansion, which you have to pay for. It's like paying a company for you to be their beta tester, only it isn't early access.

And nevermind that the storyline is a SJW cringefest. It is blatantly obvious that it's being run (into the ground) by feminists, or at least clueless female programmers.

Part of me wants to see them go out of business but I want to keep the franchise going.
>>
>>76143667

This is why the indie game field is taking off so well.

90% of the indie developers are basement dwelling nerds/artists that couldn't give two shits about diversity or equality. They only care about making a game they're passionate about and trying to make a buck. All this gender issue bullshit just gets in the way of that.

The moment the company I work for starts "equality" hiring, I'm fucking out.
>>
>>76142535
What they don't tell you is women are paid 72 or 78 cents for a males $1 pay. They saves money hiring women AND can claim they're for equality.
>>
>>76143667
My friend tried to get an internship with the Kentucky state police. They had several positions open but were only hiring women. He was pissed.
>>
im honestly curious how ubisoft makes money
>>
>>76144545
Halflife 2 was shit, the only good halflife was the first one, and anyone who disagrees should kill themselves

>>76144691
I played SC way before MGS, so I'm surprised to hear that, but then again MGS has gotten really popular lately. Both great games though.
>>
File: Emojione_1F4AF.svg.png (141 KB, 2000x2000) Image search: [Google]
Emojione_1F4AF.svg.png
141 KB, 2000x2000
>>76144754
>https://github.com/nodejs/node/issues/3721

Holy shit that girl using pic related in the discussion

Just kill me, I need to find a new career
>>
>>76144754
Unbelievable. We had a couple of those cunts come over and ask us to sign a "code of conduct".

I replied with rape threats.
>>
>>76144734
Myst 3 & 4
>>
Play AC syndicate and than replay the original or 2, you can see a significant difference in the maturity of the writing. You can tell the original AC's were written by adults with life experience whereas the newer ones are written by millennials.
>>
>>76142535
>"to hire based on gender"
>"Is equality satirical?"

Fucking retards. Hiring based on gender isn't equality.
>>
>>76143616
This

UniSoft is so shit they can't even run themselves. Vivendi is taking it over and it will become the mainstream worst large publisher out there (as opposed to the underground worst publisher that they are now)
>>
>>76144754
Oh my god all the nu-male white knights in there too. What the fuck.

You just ruined my career path for me, please don't do this. Now I need to apply to graduate school and do something different. Oh god
>>
>>76144848
> make coding appeal to women.
Nothing makes me REEE more than this.

I don't mind at all if women want to code, but fuck the idea that a whole fucking industry should change to suit women., especially because that industry was "gross" and "nerdy" and women are only getting into it because it's the easiest of STEM.
>>
I'm sorry OP but you're a fucking idiot if you're telling us that just because these two things happen simultaneously there MUST be a connection, god knows how ALL women love to make shitty graphics right???
>>
>>76144534

It's just one studio in one city, they probably make only one game. It's them who did Watch Dogs.
And yes, you don't actually need that much of artists, designers and modelers in an average video game studio. Just see the credits in any recent game. Most of the things are done by coders and when managers where programmers not "just managers", we had a gold era of gaming. Because when big business touches anything it becomes soulless piece of shit. I guess that's the problem with Ubisoft as well - a "managers" studio, too many managers who know jack shit about gamedesign, coding, testing, conventions and sdlc. They just know marketing and how to hire someone based on the persons gender to promote a company.
>>
>>76145139
The field is cucked. And even the places where you would expect resistance to bullshit (i.e large free software projects) are completely dominated by those faggots who absolutely want to virtue signal they aren't rapist slavers.

JUST FUCK MY SHIT UP
>>
File: Untitled.png (62 KB, 529x795) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
62 KB, 529x795
Two of the biggest most expensive games the company has release:

total of 25k players at PEAK on a SATURDAY

Ubisoft is fucked
>>
Far Cry 2 on Xbox 360 looks better than Far Cry 4 on PS4, and is a better game in every other way as well.

Of course that's a game where you shoot hundreds of niggers in Africa, so I may be biased.
>>
>>76142890
The game company made better games in 2007 when they hired based on skill and talent, the company started to make shitty games when they started hiring based on gender.
>>
>>76144174
Correct, it's a bulk of shitty underpaid Indians then a few white guys who get paid out the ass to fix all the jargon bullshit code
>>
>>76145259

"I'm :+1: on replacing problematic terminology gradually, with aliases. For the kill and suicide terms, it seems to me like stop and stopped actually makes more sense, especially across language barriers. The master and worker terminology could also be parent and child, which seems a bit friendlier.

Sadly, the whole unix process model is overridden with terminology related to violence and slavery... "

WOW
>>
>>76145139
To be completely fair javascript is the most cuck computer language ever. Hipsters use it for "muh internet bullshit"
>>
>>76144693
That picture always amuses me.
>>
File: 1464834993266.jpg (22 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
1464834993266.jpg
22 KB, 320x320
>>76144916
>>
>>76142535
This is necessary for them to run on consoles or just compromises because of deadlines and shit? All those games featured are pretty generic regardless of the graphics, I've really been out of the medium for 3 or 4 years.
>>
>>76142535
ubisoft got shit because they only pump out AssCred cash grabs, not because of "diversity"

also the 2007 pic is WAY more culturally enriched than the 2014 one. poo in loo, etc.
>>
File: absolutely_not.jpg (223 KB, 900x675) Image search: [Google]
absolutely_not.jpg
223 KB, 900x675
>>76142535
>>76142535
>>76142535
>hire based on gender
Isn't that shit L I T E R A L L Y illegal in the US, because it's discrimination of a protected class?
>>
I've noticed something about the Assassin' Creed games. They just cram political correctness into the games. Political correctness doesn't really bother me but when it is hamfisted into a story set in an era where it didn't exist the story becomes retarded. Take the last one that was released, we had the tranny train lady and the pajeet love interest. In that era that shit would have been looked down upon not accepted.
>>
>ubisoft only hires white people

racist as fuck tbqh. they had one black guy, but they dropped him for a white woman.
>>
>>76144743
yes
>>
>>76145369

Amber Rose posted
"Furthermore, I'd like to +1 the idea of sanctioning individuals who feel the need to contribute disruptive/harmful comments to this thread."

Fucking women are the absolute worst - "wah someone said something I don't like it's time to ban them and try to ruin their life!"
>>
>>76143000
not as degenerate as shiting in the street
>>
>>76142535
That's not what the video is showing, you fucking idiot.
What the video shows is that they are scamming people by showing fake pre-rendered footage or a demo that doesn't represent the final product.
It's not like they went to show off their game in E3, fired all their male staff and the next day their game was shit.

What the fuck are you smoking, retard?
If you want to show how the company has gone bad due to diversity you need to compare their older games with their new games.
I liked their old games, hate their new games. That's more relevant than your shitty video.
>>
>>76144848
>>76144693

Jesus coding looks horrible.

People do this?
>>
>the division trailer drops
>holy shit the fucking hype is real
>the game drops
>where is the destructible environment
>where is the corpse riddled streets of a virus torn city
>why are there so many faggots
>a dude who's Bruce Willis from Untouchable
>literally a whole bunch of nothing for a plot
>PVP is absolutely garbage and broken

I 100% this game in a week. Won't ever touch it again in my life.
>>
>>76145489

white woman > black woman > black man > white man
>>
>>76145673
It's not that bad really. If you don't understand coding it looks like a huge mess of random stuff, but good code to an actual coder looks very readable.
>>
>>76144734
Peter Jackson's King Kong : The Game
checkmate atheists
>>
>>76145472

How old are you? Why there are so many normies that cannot understand that sweet example of finest satire?
>>
File: tower of shit.jpg (2 MB, 838x9824) Image search: [Google]
tower of shit.jpg
2 MB, 838x9824
>>76144824
>i run the veag page. it's like the onion for tech news with a /pol/ slant
stay go
>>
>>76145219
again OP please demonstrate how there is a connection and that this isnt just a thinly veiled sexist thread
>>
>>76144693
>see you guys later!
Kek
>>
>>
>>76145587
LOL AUSTRALIA BRINGING THE BANTZ XDDDD

>you killed the joke you fucking cucks
>>
>>
>>76142535
I have found vidya in general getting more and more disappointing. Gta5 xbone reboot was the last GREAT game I played. A lot more have been terrible. I recently for the first time in my life took a game back to the store for a refund. Its never happened to me before because I dont buy games that seem even remotely shit.
>>
>>
File: 1434713532918.png (26 KB, 517x163) Image search: [Google]
1434713532918.png
26 KB, 517x163
>>
>>76142535
You can bet not one of those cunts has ever programmed anything.
>>
>omg
>i can't even
>>
File: Discard.jpg (77 KB, 680x680) Image search: [Google]
Discard.jpg
77 KB, 680x680
>>76146090
>GTA5
Plebs need not apply
>>
>>76145965
I think it's an american problem. They actually believe that shit. Just look at /r9k/.

>>76146075
i read this as "AUSTRALIA BANNING THE BANTZ" and got deebly gogcerned :-((
>>
File: 1434660890666.png (13 KB, 784x138) Image search: [Google]
1434660890666.png
13 KB, 784x138
>>
>>76146148
Everything about this is visually repulsive.
From their avatars, to the words they are using, to their names, to the shitty picture on the ''transphobic'' article. It's just visually unappealing. How do these people do this?

How do you even write a sentence that looks repulsive?
>>
File: 1434660461483.png (24 KB, 973x164) Image search: [Google]
1434660461483.png
24 KB, 973x164
>>
>>76146244
Most of them are bullshit like "Visual Effects Artist"
>>
File: 1434659160333.png (14 KB, 769x162) Image search: [Google]
1434659160333.png
14 KB, 769x162
>>
>>76145330
how his league of legends not on there? I thought that was the big game all the kids were playing
>>
File: 1434659045696.png (268 KB, 651x400) Image search: [Google]
1434659045696.png
268 KB, 651x400
>>76146445
>Everything about this is visually repulsive
>From their avatars

They are also an accurate representation. :^)
>>
>>76142896

Bungie used to be the most based game company.
Now they produce garbage, and Halo got sold off to MS which also has the same shit hiring practices and you can tell the people that made Halo 5 didnt give a shit about the series at all.
>>
File: 1464756816967.jpg (19 KB, 351x368) Image search: [Google]
1464756816967.jpg
19 KB, 351x368
>>76146227
>I dont even know code but im still enraged

no the point of code is to work and work well, not to empathize.
>>
>>76146538
Not on steam. Might as well ask why Angry Birds and Candy Crush isn't there.
>>
>>76146449
Jesus, I wish I went into engineering so I wouldn't have to deal with these nu-male cucks
>>76146538
lol's not on steam
>>
>>76146538
League of Legends isn't on Steam. Dota 2 is, which is the biggest competitor to LoL.
>>
>>76144263
>people who think it's good need to die
that's just excessive and rude
however, I only ever played black flag, so I really don't have a stake in ass creed
>>
File: 1434657594313.jpg (43 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1434657594313.jpg
43 KB, 400x400
>>76146569
more avatars from this "group" of tranny/tranny supporters on github
>>
>>76146227
>>76146599

Maybe they meant it in a UI and functionalities context.
>>
I like how in the first pic the bitch is in the center and all the staff is left like nothing important
>>
>>76146445
it's just basic obnoxious smugness

>>76144916
this is only in quebec,and it's not a political thing, quebec is just stronk
>only venturing out to apologize, prep and pay alimony.
alimony is only barely a thing here, you're thinking of america where roasties prey on thirsty betas to quickly marry them, cheat on them, and then use their own cheating as grounds for a divorce where they can take all the beta's assets
>>
>>76146065
That's a joke right?

Niggers can't even invent a written language and some SJW expects them to code software?
>>
File: edgar.png (679 KB, 1257x460) Image search: [Google]
edgar.png
679 KB, 1257x460
>>76146699
another

should look familiar
>>
>>76144951
I've never touched C++, can someone explain for the uninitiated?
>>
File: 1447210010210.jpg (35 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
1447210010210.jpg
35 KB, 450x450
>>76146668
As a person who played Assassins Creed, Assassins Creed 2, Assassins Creed Brotherhood, Assassins Creed Revelations, and Assassins Creed 4: Black Flag.

Black Flag is the most fun.

Oh there are other Assassins Creeds apart from the ones I listed.....? Yeah.....Sure....
>>
>>76146323
These SJW retards are a fucking cancer!
>>
>>76144681
Seriously under rated post
>>
File: 1434656642914.png (54 KB, 697x435) Image search: [Google]
1434656642914.png
54 KB, 697x435
>>
>>76146702
Nah they would have said so. UI/UX people are smug as shit about being UI/UX people. I should know. I was a UI/UX wonk for a while

Coders know that code is never seen, and leave rude comments in code all the time. there's also a distinct culture of "fuck it just make it work" in AAA which means that people do not bother to empathize with the future maintainers of their code (though this is more for work applications than vidya gaem)

Also there was actually a short lived "feminist coding language" proposed, and not as satire.

>>76146699
the face of a murderer right there
also thats definitely just an unfashionable man, not a tranny
>>
>>76145198
>because it's the easiest of STEM.

it is?
>>
How is that more diverse though?
The first one had asians blacks and a hispanic looking man, all who looked decently competent. The second is all white women who look very unqualified (i speak from personal experience working in game dev)
>>
>>76146926
I always chuckle at how seriously people take open source seriously. Beyond doing some work for experience or to show to employers there's no reason to do it.
>>
>>76145330
That wouldn't include the numbers on uPlay though
>>
>>76146996
I can't think of any easier at least.
>>
File: 1416163195270.png (26 KB, 773x269) Image search: [Google]
1416163195270.png
26 KB, 773x269
>>76146941
>also thats definitely just an unfashionable man, not a tranny
>>76146699
>tranny supporters
>>
>>76144693
>hacker code to steal nudes
Can't tell if troll or mentally ill woman
>>
I was watching some video on youtube on how 3d graphics engines use 4d matrices and I clicked a promoted video of some programmer giving a talk. I watched the thing because I was curious how this fucking boring fucking unfunny no info lecture had over a million views.

At one point the guys says what we need in the software industry is more diversity, so it's not just white males so we can pool from all that different life experience.

And I'm sitting there thinking, what the fuck all does that have to do with fucking coding? Race, Gender, and Economic background has fucking NOTHING to contribute to math and science. NOTHING. It doesn't fucking matter. Sure, the arts I'll give you. But it's not like the universe is just waiting for a Pakistani to fuck an Aborigini and have a transgender son before allowing a brain to form capable of solving the Hodge Conjecture.

pretty sure the dude was a goon.
>>
>>76147051
I don't get it either. If you want to make something and then put it out there there's nothing stopping you. Why does it need all this "community" baggage attached to it.
>>
>>76147303
>mentally ill woman
no need to be redundant
>>
>>76146926

I posted this to /g/ and no one even cares.

I wish white men would just not show up to work for a month and watch the entire country collapse.
>>
Jesus Fucking Christ

Enough with the promotion of mental illness in every fucking thing that has nothing to do with it.
>>
>>76147374
/g/ only cares about lolicon
>>
>>76147374
>a month
a day

also, they always post this shit in their social media group, so they can gang up and agree with themselves on anything they try to pull off, as you can see with all the +1's and thumbs up
>>
File: image.png (285 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
image.png
285 KB, 400x400
Is this a man or a woman?

https://github.com/aredridel
>>
>>76145715
did you buy it, rent it, or pirate it? If anything but the last, all you did was contributed to the problem

you think anyone cares if the 200 million people who bought their game stops playing it in a week or a day? no. they already got your money stupid.
>>
File: 8851649.jpg (128 KB, 500x280) Image search: [Google]
8851649.jpg
128 KB, 500x280
>>76144693
>else if(a > b && b < a)
>>
>>76147505
>Or
Please leave shitlord.
>>
>>76147505
It's a feminist.
>>
>>76142535
siege still hurts
>>
not a fan of Ubisoft, but OP's premise is a fallacy: The fact that recent games' advertising is deceitful doesn't mean that actual game quality has dropped over the years.
>>
File: Gaben.jpg (331 KB, 719x1073) Image search: [Google]
Gaben.jpg
331 KB, 719x1073
>>76147505
Wait a minute...
>>
>>76146851
There AC3, AC Unity and AC Syndicate.
Plus 3 2.5d games. And a few DS games. And a mobile game.
>>
>>76147505
Transgender woman

https://youtu.be/-KgU5sxGtuM?t=191
>>
File: womencoders.jpg (219 KB, 1610x735) Image search: [Google]
womencoders.jpg
219 KB, 1610x735
>>76144693
>>
>>76147374
>I posted this to /g/ and no one even cares.
I just went to /g/ and they have a thread on Jacob Appelbaum being tossed out of TOR project for allegations of rape by the same woman on TOR who cried literal rape over a year ago because someone was was asking too many questions about TOR.

>>>/g/54918377

jesus christ
>>
>>76147491

Who are these grown men that support this shit? I feel like I'm losing my mind. They're like little teenage girls. Am I in an alternate reality or something - what happened?

>a day

No, a month. The damage done would be noted in history books and would not be forgotten for at least a century. Let the entire society fall to its knees.
>>
>>76147158

Maybe if you're a monkey of a coder.
A good programmer needs to know mathematics and, more specifically, those branches with mathematical logic, graphs and other. Computer science is not easy and it's not popular with women as well.
>>
>>76147766
But their game quality HAS dropped over the years. Most of their modern games are riddled with bugs and don't look or perform any better than what they made 10 years ago.
>>
File: 1434912035249.jpg (143 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1434912035249.jpg
143 KB, 1024x768
Visual novels are the only worthwhile form of video game
>>
>>76142535

I'd be willing to bet $100 cash that the five or six guys left who still work at that company do at least 90% of the actual work, while the women/transwhatevers sit around and make posts about diversity on Facebook.

If I ever walk into a software company on my first day of work and see that many cubicles occupied by women I am turning around and walking out; I don't give a shit how much they say they'll pay me.
>>
>>76147941
>visual novels
>game
>>
>>76147354
It "needs" the community baggage because communist-leaning professors have infiltrated just about all institutions of higher learning.
>>
>>76147984
yes
>>
>>76147972
To be fair the transgender women are still men underneath it all. Like their base brain is male, it's that higher level part of the mind that's playing tricks on them.
>>
>>76143158

same people, its a post surgery comparison
>>
>>76147601
>he doesn't write quantum code
No wonder strong wymyn are taking your job
>>
>>76144734
Rainbow 6 Vegas
>>
>>76147849
This must be satire
>>
>>76146926

>respecting people's feelings should be more important to software developers than whether or not software actually gets developed

Jesus Christ, how would someone's gender identity even come up on an open-source project in the first place?
>>
>>76147865
Sure, but it's not like engineering doesn't need all that stuff as well
>>
Ubisoft was lucky that normies liked AssCreed for some reason because that series was their downfall.

Now all their games are a mix-and-match clusterfuck of the same recycled elements stemming from that series.
>>
>>76145673
To be fair I can't really see what's she's doing in >>76144848 because it's fuzzy but it looks like all she's doing again and again is fucking with the directory. She's literally doing nothing and trying to look smart by writing a bunch. It's kind of painful they are praising her
>>
>>76147984
Some VNs have game elements.
Castle Fantasia II is the most GOAT
>>
>>76147849

No way in hell that's real.
>>
>>76142535
No shit, when people focus more on political identity bullshit and diversity rather than just doing their damn jobs and making good games, quality is going to plummet.
>>
File: diversity.jpg (346 KB, 871x907) Image search: [Google]
diversity.jpg
346 KB, 871x907
america pls stop enabling tumblrina sjws, they keep leaking out into other countries

>>76144736
pic related

>>76144734
Ghost Recon 1
>>
>>76148530
if you want to gauge difficulty by how much math you need to know, then biology is the easiest. the hardest math involved is integral calculus,
>>
>>76144693

God. She can't even produce a correct code for a task that is that simple. This little piece says so much about her as a programmer you don't even have to invite her for an interview.
>>
>>76148464
This is like subversion that Yuri talked about. Instead of being conducive to success and progress it is destructive and wasteful of time and resources. Whether it's conscious or subconscious, or who is responsible for this movement is up for debate but it is exactly what Yuri described.
>>
File: 1450081333924.png (53 KB, 250x157) Image search: [Google]
1450081333924.png
53 KB, 250x157
>>76148696
>>
>>76148464
Someone corrects someone else, the corrected irrationally gets mad at the corrector for the correction and looks for petty revenge. Men being the overwhelming majority of programmers it's likely the corrector was a man. Because the corrected was irrational and petty it's likely an SJW. The stage is set.
>>
>>76147849
I understood the girl version way better. It is way simpler and a monkey could understand it, so I don't get what he's getting at. He clearly said the female students had no previous programming experience.

The reason programming languages are written like the first example and not the second, is that when you learn the math and systems required to actually MAKE anything using the language, you'll already know the terms used by said languages.
An idiot can get the twitter style programming language, but its a waste since they'll never make anything with it, and if they were able to create something with it, they could create something with the python as well.

What I'm trying to say is, its a dumb study.
>>
>>76148587
Asscreed was just a bunch of assets and animations reused from Price of Persia 1 & 2 on the PS2 anyway. Ubisoft haven't developed original assets since 2004.
>>
>>76148712
I don't really know too much about biology, aside from doing some basic chemical math.

Would you say then that bio is the easiest? I'm curious which you would say is the least hard
>>
>>76142535
Sorry guys, but still not diverse enough for 2016.
Fire all straight white women and hire black lesbians only.
>>
>>76148834
ass cred 1 was a good game though. the prince of persia ps2 games sucked
>>
can americans please explain the whole "get women into tech" thing? it's hard to think anything except your country turning into a giant libshit arts campus. if they lower standards and impose quotas on the most valuable thing america still has (technological output), you are fucked.

where are all the "get women into construction" or "we need more women in fisheries" movements?
>>
>>76142535
That's satire...
>>
Can't remember the last time they made a good game since assassins creed 2 or i'm I missing some?
>>
>>76147051
not just that but it's not like you're getting paid -- why not just not participate in projects you find distasteful?

>wah wah tehy OTHERED me

ok so find a group that won't, it's not like you have to work with this one
>>
>>76147865
>A good programmer needs to know mathematics and, more specifically, those branches with mathematical logic, graphs and other
I can tell you there are no good programmers then.
>>
>>76148978
giving women the vote was the mistake of the century. the problem is most men don't see this as the problem, or won't speak up about it.
>>
>>76142535
I like how at the top pic the sorta goodlooking go get it empowered womyn is front and center with enough personal space around her to make her the complete center of attention.

While completely ignoring the asian chick with the fucked up face and greasy skin on the left.
>>
>>76149074
It's really hard, because I know some very smart women who I think should be allowed to vote,but they are way too far and in between
>>
>>76142535

What a genius idea. Have the people who don't play video games make them.
>>
>>76148696
Why don't racists just become SJWs? Their communities are all whites, they'd love it there.
>>
>>76147354
The "community" meme is created by people that aren't creators or skilled in the subject, they see themselves as leaders and want to play with pawns and create rules for the sake of making them.
I first saw this around 2006 with the fighting game "community", I thought it was weird that they were trying to create these social type things for a very asocial genre of game, and setting all these clique like rules you had to follow to be in the "in" crowd.

I fully came to realize that it was a type of parasitism when I saw how Milo was a self proclaimed leader of gamergayte, some shit no one gave a fuck about, and then somehow flipped around again and became a leader in the alt-right "community" again, claiming himself as a leader instead of being chosen as one.
Just like these faggots, milo is another faggot that doesn't give an actual fuck about the alt-right, he just wants to be a leader for the power trip.
He has already started making rules and who is in the "in" group of the "alt-right", where he disavowed stormfags, but called them 1488'ers instead. There was no consensus on this, he is just loud.
At least this is my belief, moreso than some soviet conditioning gone wrong, since there have always been these kinds of people.
>>
File: fear.webm (67 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
fear.webm
67 KB, 640x360
>>76142535
>>76142727
b-but I like rocksmith...
>>
>>76149151
women are good at looking smart because they're book smart. they're good at listening and regurgitating information. when it comes to critical thinking they're shit. they're good at sizing people up because they're constantly looking for the alpha male. they connect that info with book smarts and it can be useful.
but in any stressful situation it goes ALL out the window, and they can't be trusted to act rationally in those situations (when its needed most).
>>
>>76149303
By a real guitar you cuck
>>
>>76147972
what if they cute dough
>>
>>76148978
My bet is that it's tied to "Le Nerdy Lol :^)" stuff getting more popular, and not any real market force.

You'll never get a real answer out of an american because they'll always just spout shit like >>76149074 because it's so hard to get laid in the dystopian neo-feminyst cyber future that is america

>>76149268
smashbabby detected, theres no fucking "clique like rules" for street fighter or arcsys games lmao
>>
File: 1464622892977.gif (2 MB, 176x144) Image search: [Google]
1464622892977.gif
2 MB, 176x144
>>76147849
>that pic
>>
>>76148978
Dude you're asking people who are just as baffled by this insanity as you are. I don't understand it. These people are mentally sick. I feel like the world has gone crazy. It's like I'm in an alternate reality, this is so foreign to me. I don't know what happened.

It's women and liberal academia brainwashing our youth to blame white men for everything. They think that: less white men = better. We are perceived as some sort of demi-god figure that is oppressing everyone around us because we're so good at everything we do.
>>
>>76148901
I did a bio major, there was always math involved, but 80% of it was just statistics. out of all STEM fields, I'd say bio is the easiest if you use the math involved as an indicator. imo it's one of the easier stem majors, don't know if it's "the easiest" but it's gotta be up there

for me, personally, the hardest would probably be chemistry or engineering for how intense of a workload they are.
>>
>>76149321
also they can not be trusted to vote because they fundamentally destroy nations.a nation is built on borders, which they oppose for short term benefit.
more males in the country to choose from = better chance of getting alpha sperm.
but i don't even have to say why thats a bad idea in the long term
>>
>>76142535
Splinter cell now

Splinter cell then

You can only choose one I know which one you're picking , you misogynist shitlord
>>
>>76142890
Next assassins creed will still be fucked up
>>
>>76149409
>smashbabby detected, theres no fucking "clique like rules" for street fighter or arcsys games lmao
I'm not talking about rules in the game, I'm talking about rules in social situations of the game, tournaments, the memes they use, and that sort of thing. Its very artificial and not as overt as this, its more of what is allowed and what gets deleted. Fighting game forums have been negrified over the years, its disgusting.
>>
>>76142535
They were more diverse in 2007, why is it fat white girls think they're the be all end all of "diversity"
>>
>>76148815
Except all those terms are ambiguous.
Tweet is vague, while print implies a certain display, = makes more sense than pretend, for several reasons.
And saying x is x but with one more makes more than say like x.
Like x just makes you sound like a fucking retarded who like needs to like say like a lot
>>
>>76149573
He's just shitposting, ignore him
>>
>>76149012

If you get hired and finished a University you probably know all that stuff. Monkeys aren't staying in the industry for long. Abstract vision, mathematics and logic is what defines a programmer. We actually learned how to prove mathematical theorems and statements using proof assistant in the University. Not to mention that for a complete understanding you have to know all the concepts - on high level and on low level, how everything works, e.t.c. And, of course, you have to know all the popular frameworks, technologies and os. I'd say it's one of the hardest things in STEM.
>>
>>76149573
>I'm not talking about rules in the game, I'm talking about rules in social situations of the game, tournaments, the memes they use, and that sort of thing.
yeah exactly, hence why I said "smashbabby detected"

only smash really has that, REAL fighting games do not have any more cliquey behaviour than any other setting

>>76149583
american enabling of fat white girl self-importance

this is the future you chose, america
>>
>>76148978
>lowered the standard
It's a lot worse than that. A few years ago when I went to school they started a new policy in our engineering department that girls in the program get a 6% boost on their overall grades for courses
>>
File: 1464017397249.png (18 KB, 330x355) Image search: [Google]
1464017397249.png
18 KB, 330x355
>>76149583
>Girls

Oh boy...
>>
>>76142535
>Ubisoft hires more women
>Games turn into shit

What an unironic surprise
>>
>>76149704

This is the problem though, they don't earn their way by merit, they make it by bitching and complaining.
>>
>>76148953
you can't code with six inch finger nails
>>
>>76149668
>proving mathematical theorems
Shit man, even in the bio class I saw at my school they had that.
>>
>>76149629
>Like x just makes you sound like a fucking retarded who like needs to like say like a lot

No, the way they used like was the way that a highschool girl would understand it.

when you like, you snapshot the integer, like a like in facebook or a retweet. Then you increment. This is why to them, it was more intuitive.

>>76149676
I wouldn't know since I'm not a cuck that plays Nintendo games. I've been on fighting game forums since 2004, I didn't see nigger babble sprawled all over the place or LEL DIS NIGGA SALTY MAHHHVEEEEEELLLLLL SHEEIIT until very recently. And it cant all be blamed on the street fighter 4 flood of new players and games either.
>>
>>76142535

Haven't most video games seemingly downgraded since going to ps4
>>
>>76142535
Crowbat makes surprisingly good stuff

Last good Ubi game was Chaos Theory
Sam Fisher One-liners > autist Snake
>>
>>76148773

Bitch is a supermodel who is friends with Taylor Swift, she'll never have to write a functional line of code for as long as she lives, and anyone who calls her out for writing shit code she can just dismiss as a sexist or whatever. She'll never have to deal with a boss or a deadline, or have to write anything that can be utilized as part of a larger project. It's just a hobby to her, in fact I think it would be giving her too much credit to even call it that. Karlie Kloss is less interested in code than she is interested in being a GIRL CODER. Its fundamentally the same thing as being a GIRL GAMER; it's nothing more than an identity tag.used by empty-headed Barbie type girls to call attention to the fact that they are female and doing something that traditionally females don't do. It's just attention-seeking, narcissistic bullshit.

>Tee hee, look at me, I wrote a program!
>I figured out how to change the color scheme of my IDE to match my lip gloss, isn't it super-cute?
>OMG, do these glasses make me look like a programmer? I am such a nerd XD

That's all this shit is. On the plus side, while Karlie Kloss will never have to do a day's worth of real programming in her entire life, at the very least she does serve as an incredibly shitty role model for the probably thousands of young girls who will make the unfortunate choice of learning to code by listening to her instead of actually learning to code, thus ensuring that none of them will be coming for our jobs any time soon.
>>
>>76149880
you don't do that in biology, you're lying
>>
>>76142890
say good bye to a decent halo coming out.
>>
>>76142535
Funny how they got more diverse and every Assassins creed is worse than the last. The past three have been barely playable. Countless graphical and video lag problems.
>>
>>76149924
>people use new york slang
>C-CLIQUES! LIIIIIIIIIIQUES

literally u:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcyxFNuQlwo

new york nigger slang got popular because of those Yipes meme videos, and new york producing a lot of pro players because of how many arcades they have

>>76150008
thats it. im mad now. can we start a fund to start assassinating these sorts of people
>>
>>76150025
It was a chem-bio cross, so that might be part of it, it's pretty much required for bio at my school
>>
>>76149202
that's actually a brilliant idea
>>
>>76150081
I don't care how it got popular. You're either a nigger or a cuck for using it.
Pick your poison.
>>
>>76150008
it's 100% an identity attention whoring thing. maybe she thinks it makes her look smart, but she just looks like a superficial idiot showing off her stupid salad
>>
>not necessarily a talented or passionate one
>>
>>76149880

Had what? Usage of a specific software that provides a c-like semantics so you can use complex algorithms to prove Abel's theorem? Why would they need something like that? Did they have compiling theory explained with mathematical language and quantifiers as well?
>>
>>76150338
Proving mathematical theorems, do you lack the ability to read?
I didn't take the class so I have no specific examples
>>
>>76149400
Rocksmith is played with a real guitar, is actually a good way to start playing since it has a good selection of songs and you have several levels of difficulty, while it doesn't help with the proper technique and can create bad manners it is still a good way to start for certain people.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 59

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.