[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Evolution is a meme
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 24
File: MTE5NDg0MDU0OTM4NjE3MzU5.jpg (125 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
MTE5NDg0MDU0OTM4NjE3MzU5.jpg
125 KB, 1200x1200
>otherchan got triggered and banned me for this thread

Lets see if you guys are less retarded.

Every time I think abkout the evo meme I feel it's more 'obvious falsehood' backed only by society's 'oh but everyone knows that it's true!'

Jesus Christ if this guy wasn't the original troll he was a fucking autist. How do you defend

>animal randomly mutates wings, the neural wiring to use those wings, the muscles to control them, and body weight tailored to flying at once, then breeds with other non-mutant animals, diluting the wing gene with every successful breeding, until finally… a bird is born?!

Even however many billion years isn't enough for this shit. The jews want animals. They want you to think you are animals. This is how they do it.

I'm not even a fucking christfag. If this was anything close to logically feasible, I would latch onto it like a slut onto dick.
>>
>>76138556
How about you just go outside and fuck yourself?
>>
>>76138729

but that would not be a useful survival trait

i would not perpetuate my bloodline
>>
>>76138556
Shut up retard
>>
>>76138556

>literally zero knowledge of evolutionary theory
>>
>denying evolution

leftists aren't welcome on /pol/
>>
>>76138556

Evolution is just adaptation isn't it?
Isn't getting fat and losing weight proof of small scale evolution and that your body changes and adapts to suit environments etc?
>>
The only people who believe in macroevolution are fedoracore neckbeard euphoric trenchcoat sword video youtubers.

They're so fucking pseudo intellectual they don't even acknowledge that macroevolution and microevolution are two distinct things.
>>
>>76138780
Precisely.
>>
>>76138556
Too many assumptions. It's nothing like physics or chemistry. It's far more like astrology.
>>
>>76138556
>They want you to think you are animals
If we aren't animals what are we? Plants? Fungus?
>>
>>76138556
Evolutionism is only held/taught because its the only game in town. A ridiculous fantasy that can only be swallowed through adding the mythical "millions" and "billions" of years which cant be comprehended. A sad delusional fiction fedoras preach.
>>
>>76138556
Awesome. I've been looking for a thread like this all day.

Does anyone have good books and videos refuting evolution and its nonsense?
>>
>>76139005
Humans. Which are existentially worth more than anything else in this world.
>>
>>76138826

leftists want evolution

it makes us consider ourselves animals. the masses, truly, ARE animals. but i am more.

>>76138840
what? no.

it's the idea that, in a world so dangerous only the strong survive, animals continue via constantly changing into higher forms of life. it's impossible

you can't randomly grow fully functional wings the body shape to fly, and the ability to control your wings. not in one generation.

and a gradual growth over generations is improbable. winglets provide no defensive value, and if anything make other animals avoid the mutant. never mind the problem of breeding with nonmutants and contaminated bloodlines
>>
Lol. More people that don't understand contemporary evolutionary theory. Lol @ magic believers.
>>
>>76139262

precisely. regardless of origin, we are the prime species. where animals survive, we dominate and create. to lower ourselves to the level of animals is bullshit.

were it not such utter fallacy that it can be rejected entirely and validly, i would reject it and isolate it from my worldview solely because it contributes nothing to my personal reality
>>
>>76139419
Even if I didn't believe in Christ. I'd never believe in evolution. Its verifiable nonsense.
>>
>animal randomly mutates wings, the neural wiring to use those wings, the muscles to control them, and body weight tailored to flying at once, then breeds with other non-mutant animals, diluting the wing gene with every successful breeding, until finally… a bird is born?!
100% Fucked up wrong. Evolution is random mutation selected for success by the environment.
>>
File: images.jpg (7 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
7 KB, 225x225
>>76139141

The Bible
>>
>>76139141
The second law of thermodynamics refutes macro evolution. Also common sense.

Half-life refutes the universe being billions of years old.

Tbh family I seriously question the mental stability of anyone who doesn't believe in some form of creationism or intelligent design at this point.
>>
>>76138556
But that's exactly what evolution is.
Let's say we have birds and giant frogs, with the frogs preying on the birds, who can't take off fast enough to avoid the frogs.

>A bird gets born different due to genetic happenstance
>Bird has lighter bones, is better at taking off quickly
>Survives due to it's ability to avoid the frogs.
>Mates with other normal bird
>Has 6 children
>Half of the children have light bones
>One third of the lighter boned birds survive due to frog avoidance
>Two thirds of the normal babies die from frogs
>Those two light boned birds mate with other normal birds
>Repeat until all birds have light bones

It's not exactly "poof evolution", it's just selective survival.
>>
You're correct, you'd never be banned for this on /pol/ (provided you don't spam), but you will be called retarded.

Research the finches on the Galapagos islands. Proof of evolution and adaptation to nature.

Needs more? We have almost every in between stage between humans and australopithicus besides a few that are so old their bones have probably crumbled.

>not even a fucking christfag
I actually am and believe evolution is part of God's plan. Why design everything arduously from the start when you can spend a fraction of the time designing a system to do it for you? That's not quite my belief, I believe God is in all natural systems, but it also gives God greater control over the product whilst it's being developed.

Basically, God doesn't like fags like you so it can manipulate the selection of all women to find you and everyone like you repulsive. Ipso facto, you stop existing in under a few generations.

>>76139509
Is it more nonsense than heuristic/generative algorithms? Humans use the same idea because the closest thing to God is the mind of a human.
>>
>>76139530

randomly obtaining entire wings is bullshit. if yo7 support this, you are beyond hope. wings slowly growing by chance and an animal randomly gaining the neural wiring and body shape to use those wings? bullshit. winglets wouldn't survive past the first mutation. they do nothing.

here's my checkmate:

poison frogs
>>
>>76138556
Why do you believe Darwin was a troll or an autist?
>>
>>76138556
How's the fifth grade going? Must be tough being 10
>>
>inb4 OP is also a flat earther.
>>
>>76139588

was that the long-neck thing? that's not the introduction of new genes, only the elimination of other genes.
>>
>>76139732

because EVOLUTION IS RETARDED

if he was jewish or otherwise interested in sabotaging humanity, then maybe he's neither

but still
>>
>>76139583
You completely missed the point. You described micro evolution, more commonly known as adaptation. No one is arguing against that. The problem here is macro evolution, the claim that one species can swap to an entire different genus or phylum or even order over a couple generations. It just isn't possible, as op has described a couple times.
>>
OP comes off as being very angry
I thought that was only a trait found in euphoric fedoras
>>
>>76138556
Yep, natural selection and variation in species is absolutely real, but there is no evidence that wings, eyes, appendages etc could have existed in a middle state without being rejected by natural selection.
>>
>>76139854

>Literally retarded
>>
>>76139575
Hmm. Have you watched Dr. Don Pattons videos? I enjoyed them a lot. I enjoy a lot of articles at creation.com.

I just crave more. I want to buy Genesis Flood book but I have God Has Spoken. Decent book but I crave more.

You ever have that feeling?
>>
>>76139918
This and a lot of people miss this point entirely.
>>
>>76139784
The Prophet Jeremiah said the Earth was round and was suspended on nothing.

You can't really believe in a flat earth and be Christian. Its not biblical.
>>
>>76140016

nevermind doppleganger species and symbiotic relationships, like the termite and it's gut bacteria

i recommend anyone with low self-confidence to look upon the fact that the entirety of 'normal humanity' bases it's religion off of spore

really i am more convinced of humanity's autism everyday. it's not good for my ego
>>
>>76138556
Evolution is a meme as you said. It is only a theory at most.
>>
how are wings hard to reconcile?
>bats had hands, the skin between the fingers evolved into wing like shapes...the intermediary species were likely bipedal jumpers, than gliders, than wing-beatin fliers
>ALSO
all life stems from the sea...
LOOK AT FINS OF FISH
ARE FISH NOT BIRDS OF THE OCEAN?
FLYING ATOP A SUBSTANCE?
the state of matter makes no difference.
just...just fucking read a book, you stupid kikes.
>>
>>76140236

>people not believing the jewish 'planet of the kongs' meme are kikes

wew lad
>>
>>76140186
Its a disappointing one. I got convinced it was wrong even though I was a die hard believer in it. I remember reading a lot of books about it. However the criticisms of it and how it doesn't match the data agonized me.
>>
ALSO
>modern humans are not the first of the greater apes to have symbolism and a sense of spirituality
>neanderthals marked graves
>>
>people on 4chan who think evolution is a hoax.
Better start tying your nooses, boys
>>
I read somewhere that the odds of the least complex protein forming randomly are still 1 in 10^160 and statistical chemistry says it would be 10^243 years for that single most basic protein to form

Carry the odds out further for those proteins forming RNA

Even assuming the known universe uniformly contained the same star density as the most populated galaxies, it would be 1 in 10^127 odds of the protein forming, and still being beyond statistically feasible for that single protein to form once in the entire life of the entire known universe
>>
>>76140236
>it probably happened like this and this and that

Right, but there's no evidence.
>>
>>76139273
winglets are not useless, look at sugar gliders. Also, literally no evolutionists are claiming wings happened in one generation, you are winning against an argument that no one is making, but have failed to address any that are being made
>>
>>76140344
The odds would not be that low, maybe if we're talking about certain environments but when you have the right environment it is much more likely than that
>>
>>76139798
>new genes
Did you know the sun is radioactive? Not even just the sun, but all cosmic radiation you'll get even at night. Scary, huh, but here's the next one, radioactivity can cause changes to complex molecules on a atomic level. Some of those changes form "mutations," rarely enough to cause anything notable but over thousands of years these changes can be built up and then selected back by humans to only allow positive changes.

We were designed by the sun/universe and our human group consciousness fine tuned it. We were designed by God and evolution proves it.
>>
>>76140186
macro evolution can't even be considered a theory at this point, there's too much evidence against it
>>
File: 1464931302020.gif (2 MB, 300x169) Image search: [Google]
1464931302020.gif
2 MB, 300x169
>>76139273
>the masses, truly, ARE animals. but i am more.
*tips*
>>
>>76138556
let me guess, do you also believe that vaccines cause autism, right?
>>
>>76140297
lulz
>people demonstrating zionist levels of elitism by claiming to NOT be greater apes certainly are KIKES
>also, nice refutation of my points
>what's wrong with being a bit monkeyish?
>the idea of a ape species evolving into a subtle, spirtual group who create and experience the transcendance of the natural world by looking through microscopes, telescopes,discussing philosophy, creating myths, traveling to space, creating the internet, creating beer, etc. etc etc. is far more gorgeous when it stems from a primal origin.
>man is great because we are nature that is able to reflect on and further ourselves
>to need a supernatural origin for this is servile and debases the self
>therefore
youre a pussy
>>
>>76139575
the second law of thermodynamics has nothing to do with evolution, it only applies on a molecular level. Otherwise, the second law of thermodynamics would also disprove planets, rivers, the internet, all life forms, clouds, etc.
>>
>>76140381
fossil evidence, you stupid fuck.
sediments are layered. we can trace nuclear decay to get accurate readings of time.
>>
>>76139575
Earth is not a closed system

The second law of thermodynamics is completely irrelevant.

I wonder if you are retarded or just pretending.
>>
>>76139918
macro evolution is just micro evolution occurring in many different ways. Creatures don't just "swap over" they gradually change over time
>>
>>76140431
you're making the argument that op mentioned in one of his first posts, proponents of macro evolution claim theze changes took 0lace over millions of years to try and make their ideas possible, but the fact of the matter is the earth just can't be billions of years old, half life proves this, the claimed changes would have had to happen over a few generations at most
>>
>>76140508
>macro evolution can't even be considered a theory at this point, there's too much evidence against it
Macro evolution is just micro evolution over a long period of time
>>
>>76138556
ITT:
(stupid) americans
>>
>>76140662
Oh, so there is fossil evidence that wings and eyes evolved, detailing transitional changes in their evolution from species to species?
>>
>>76140431

i'm not sure what exactly is stated. macroevolution would be the most beneficial, but the most improbable.

but, again, winglets. how long? tiny nubs at first? how would they gain the exaft shape to become wings? when would feathers start growing? how would any stage of wing perpetuate bloodlines?

>>76140500
wasn't there this guy who spent 30 years trying to evolve fruit flies

iirc he even tried radiation and shit to stimulate mutation. he got mutations, but they were all useless
>>
>>76140796
i wish you werent right.
how i long for my homeland.
love, an old mensche
>>
File: came here to tip.png (77 KB, 200x197) Image search: [Google]
came here to tip.png
77 KB, 200x197
>>76139273
>the masses, truly, ARE animals. but i am more
top kek look at this autist
>>
>>76139918
macro evolution is just micro evolution happening a lot over a timescale too big for us to notice as it happens
>>
>>76140871

How's summer break?
>>
>>76140799
yes.
birds already had wings, as they stem from dinosaurs that evolved to have wings.
and yes.
there is fossil evidence of dino-flyers.
seriously.
a quick goog search will heal your autism
>>
>>76140630
the second law of thermodynamics is the most objectively observible fact in the known universe, entropy exists in all things at all levels, darwinists have been trying to claim it only applies at the molecular level for decades, which is utter horse shit, anyone with a high school level understanding of astronomy can tell you this
>>
>>76140799
evolution is not a clean linnear transistion. no one claims that it is. it muddles through, muddles on, with mistakes along the way.
>>
>>76140956
Earth isn't a closed system, the second law of thermodynamics doesn't apply
>>
>>76139273
Not realising Christianity wants you to turn the other cheek and get slapped by some Muslims some more. Who cares about race mixing we're all human after all.

Give to the poor disenfranchised dindus even if you work hard for your money donate to African children so they can have another 10 children

Not being the superior Atheist recognising the cultural contributions Christianity has given us and realising that it's survival of the fittest and that the White race is far more evolved and blacks and other races are another tribe or genetic mutation of our species that are against us.

>Not being for eugenics
>Not being for the abortion of fucked up babies
>DNA editing to make superior children

The lesser races shall be crushed under our White boots survival of the fittest. Don't believe every Atheist is a lefty cuck
>>
>>76138950

>The only people who believe in macroevolution are fedoracore neckbeard euphoric trenchcoat sword video youtubers.

and every scientist out there.
>>
>>76140868
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Origin_of_avian_flight
here is a list of theories as to how flight evolved in birds. Any of them could be true, and all of them demonstrate how a "partial wing" could be advantageous to an animal.
>>
>>76140713
So what outside forces caused evolution?
>>
>>76140868
I think you overestimate the complexity that can develop with time. Have you ever worked with drosophilia melangaster? You can make them "evolve" in the span of a month, as their generational rates are so high. For complex, larger, slower-reproducing animals it takes millions, hundreds of millions of years. Selective breeding of corn and dogs is "evolution" to an extent, albeit with human interference as a selective pressure.
>>
>>76141070
All of them could also be false.
>>
>>76140868
fruit flies have been around for million upon millions of years, and survive all over the globe. They are among the most successful species on the planet. I'd be a little surprised if in 30 years someone randomly created a better fruitfly
>>
>>76141038
Thanks for proving evolutionists are simply racists thinly veiled.
>>
>>76141103
Changes in Earth's orbit which changes the environment by changing how much energy we get from the sun.

The sun is the outside force. Not to mention all the other shit that lands on Earth from space, and the moon.
>>
>>76138556
>dudchan banned me for shitposting
if nothing else they do it for free way more than the mods ever did here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuJUT9piZIk
>>
ITT
people not realizing that in order to successfully refute a complicated, necessarily messy theory, they should probably understand it first.
as any good debater would do, even if they held contradicting beliefs.
>>
>>76141070
Too bad we have no fossils of any such thing. The lack of intermittent fossils is astonishing.
>>
>>76140508
Look at reconstructions of humans even 10,000 years ago and tell me anyone still looks like that.

The exception are Germans with cro magnid faces but... That's just nature doing something weird to Germans. No one knows why, but everyone hates Germans at the moment and this virtually translates to God hating Germans.

>>76140868
I wouldn't doubt it, evolution works very slowly and the amount of mutation animals receive is almost always so, so slight. That's the logical, rational answer.

If mutations are the source of humans and not the source of a natural system, such as our local star or the cosmic radiation of the universe, both of which have origins in the big bang, perhaps that mutation becomes necessarily harmful and necessarily not the will of God. Perhaps only mutation from a natural source can result in positive mutations. That's the Christfag answer.

>>76141038
Outside of gen x's amnesia of 1984, everyone else from every other generation sees these people abusing altruism and have the most obvious reaction to people who abuse altruism:
Sociopathic sub humans.

This is one of many benefits of turning the other cheek, it makes your enemies look really, really bad. It also de-escalates problems.

It's not a philosophy for children, which is why manchildren call it cuckstantity.
>>
Go to /sci/.
>>
>>76140955
>there is evidence of dino flyers

That's not what I asked, I asked for evidence of a species without wings/eyes etc clearly transitioning into one with wings/eyes based on fossil record evidence.
>>
>>76141187
>posts on /v/
I thought that was a /co/ meme or something
>>
>>76140748
>half-life
Which half-life proves the earth is younger than billions of years old?
There are several radioactive isotopes used in radiometric dating?
>>
>>76140143
That verse is "sits on top of the CIRCLE of the Earth.." Not a ball. Circle. Flat Earthers believe its a circle with a dome where Antarctica ends at all ends of the circle.
>>
>>76141150
true, but what you are claiming is that there is no possible way that wings could have evolved. I just gave you several.
>>
>>76141269
But then I can't talk about Christ fag shit.

How else do I convince people that studying science is the highest form of worship?
>>
>>76138556
You realize there are birds who have wings but can't fly, right? That's one of those "transitional forms" you may have heard about. Just saying.
>>
>>76141323
Their lack of understand of Hebrew is not very fun to deal with.
>>
>>76138826

KANGS
>>
>>76141150
yes, and you could actually be a giant vagina who learned how to use a keyboard.
and just because i have an emotional feeling that tells me that you are, in fact, a giant vagina, doesnt make it so.
there is much evidence that supports those theories, considered and reconsidered by many many people who are far smarter than you. there would be nothing to gain by lying. stop being so cynical of rationality and evidence-based reasoning, you medieval pussy
>>
Wings didn't come first feathers did. Appendages adapted to gliding cause Dino's were likely covered in feathers.

Bats are a different story
>>
>>76141285
it's from /sp/, I just linked the first video that came up for "he does it for free"
>>
>>76141358
I didn't claim that. Anyone who denies anything on the grounds of possibility is making a mistake to begin with. Anything that isn't a logical contradiction is possible.
>>
>>76138556
Your ideas are obviously evolving on the matter.
>>
>>76138556
What are niggers then op?
>>
>>76141398
Or they simply lost the ability. Like penguins.
>>
>>76141103
Carcinogens. Ionizing radiation from the sun, among other things. Any substance that damages or changes the transmission of DNA, or geological forces that blindly select against particular populations. Species A gets fucked up by a volcano or a drought, species B develops in a food-laden jungle. Etc.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/to-your-health/wp/2016/05/26/the-superbug-that-doctors-have-been-dreading-just-reached-the-u-s/

Bacteria like clostridium botulinum (botulism/food poisoning agent) have among the highest generational rate of any known organism (6.3 minutes), the possibilities for evolution and adaptation to change within a human's perception of time are frightening to consider.
>>
File: image004.jpg (30 KB, 344x297) Image search: [Google]
image004.jpg
30 KB, 344x297
>>76138556
bait but fuck this is why outlanders think were idiots
ok here it goes.
DNA can randomly mutate and either have no effect OR have an effect that has a positive or negative effect on whether the organism gets to reproduce.
this is a fucking FACT and you can see this whenever they breed a new virus or whatever resistant plant. scientists even use radiation breeding to speed things up thats how we got penicillin.
another nice instance was the peppered moth tl:dr there once was a light grey moth that blended in with light gray trees.industrial revolution came along covering trees with sooth for decades and the moths that happened to have darker patterns lived and passed on their new genes until the moths were dark grey. now with clean air standards and a less industrialized europe the lighter morphs are increasing in frequency
>>
>>76138556
I've always rejected evolution. Stupid, unscientific and unphilosophical.
>>
>>76141137

breeding of dogs adds nothing to the gene pool. evolution implies new genes. if anything, bred dogs are devolved due to extremely shallow gene pools

>>76141038
i'm not christian. if i was, i know enough about the bible to know i would be 'sinning' by being here. i'm just not retarded enough for this bullshit
>>
>>76141468
Yeah over several generations. Through evolution.
>>
>>76139273

http://www.ucmp.berkeley.edu/vertebrates/flight/evolve.html

Stop being an irrational retard
>>
File: MECHA-HUME.jpg (424 KB, 920x2492) Image search: [Google]
MECHA-HUME.jpg
424 KB, 920x2492
>>76141407
>yes, and you could actually be a giant vagina who learned how to use a keyboard.
>and just because i have an emotional feeling that tells me that you are, in fact, a giant vagina, doesnt make it so.
Yep. That's true.

>there is much evidence that supports those theories, considered and reconsidered by many many people who are far smarter than you. there would be nothing to gain by lying. stop being so cynical of rationality and evidence-based reasoning, you medieval pussy

Appeal to authority. Also, I'm not going to ever take empiricism seriously given it relies on viciously circular reasoning at its core.
>>
>>76141167
>still believing racism is bad and ebil
>>
>>76138556

So let me get this right. You think God decided to make brown people who have lower IQs and higher aggression levels and populate the majority of the Earth with them for lol's?
>>
>>76141550
devolution isn't a thing. Something can't devolve, it can only evolve in a direction that's negative for the species' health
>>
>>76141197
This.
But this IS 4chan
>>
>>76141553
That's natural selection. Evolution neccessarily implies that a Possible trait is gained through mutational means. Turning on and off genes does not evolution make.
>>
>>76141553
>Devolution
A loss is not a gain.

They LOST something. So do a lot of creatures that live in caves lose something called sight because there is no pressure to keep that information but they'll never if exposed to light regain that ability and penguins will never regain flight.
>>
>>76141550
There is no such thing as "devolution", that implies an objective standard or higher ranking of organic sophistication, which is scientifically unsubstantiated. A chihuahua might get shit on in the wild by a wolf and die out, but in captivity they have been bred for a different environment (human fancy) and fit the niche adequately.
Losing an advantageous trait in one circumstance is still "evolution", it's change.
>>
>>76141637

it's not a yes / no question

i subscribe to no religions. i count darwinism one.
>>
>>76141706
This.
>>
>>76141399
I wish I knew Hebrew so I could read the the Bible in it. I wouldn't even talk to anyone, I would just read. But I got the circle instead of ball from the King James version. I'm flattered you thought I understood Hebrew, but I do not.
>>
>>76141598
>>76141428
>>76141150
>>76139262
>>76138961
Reminder to filter shitposting trips
>>
>>76141550
Evolution doesn't always imply new genes, just different ones manifesting through natural selection.
>>
>>76141428
>wings slowly growing by chance and an animal randomly gaining the neural wiring and body shape to use those wings? bullshit. winglets wouldn't survive past the first mutation. they do nothing.
pardon me then, I assumed you were the person who posted this.
>>
>>76141673
Evolve is a word that implies a positive direction. Devolve is a word that implies a negative direction.

We've only ever seen devolving. Fruit flies are a great example of this.
>>
>>76141743

So explain to me how you think we got here if not through created design or evolution.

I would like to hear you out.
>>
>>76139714

Animals didn't randomly evolve random wings.

An individual evolved palmed arms that could be used to leap and catch small prey, that individual's descendents grew smaller and smaller until they were light enough to fly. You get bats. Etc.
>>
>>76141842
All good.
>>
>>76141249
Because all fossils are "intermittent" and the conditions to form a fossil are so specific that almost nothing leaves a fossil.
>>
>>76141760
http://dailydoseofhebrew.com/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SytNaMfQv7M

Don't let anyone stop you. Also download Blue Letter Bible and Bible Sword and you'll be able to lookup the Hebrew words yourself until you're fluent in it.
>>
>>76140326
Just to back this up, recent evidence shows that chimpanzees have some rudimentary form of religion and there has been at least one case of a chimpanzee utilizing self made tools to kill a human.
If a low order primate like a chimpanzee has these things, it's retarded to think that a high order primate like Australopithecus africanus didn't.
>>
>>76138556
Intelligent design theory have good arguments against evolution desu. Like the irredutional complexity, in which complex biological system (like a bacteria flange engine system) had to appear with all it's components at once in a mutation or it wouldn't work and would be descarted by natural selection, such systems couldn't be developed by random small mutations as you can see.
>>
>>76141743
"Darwinism" is neither religious or dogmatic, microevolution is a fact you can observe and prove empirically. Unless you're thinking of "social darwinism", which is a perversion of Darwinian natural selection used as a sociological copout like "trickledown economics" in the 1900s. No real relation, you can "believe" in evolution without being a social darwinist.
>>
>>76141712
>Implying there were no benefits gained from losing flight
>>
>>76140153

Speaking of microorganisms, I've done research in evobio with endogenous retroviruses. Pretty amazing how we share 14 or so (that we know of) binding sites with retroviruses with chimpanzees.

It's odd that most of the arguments against evolution still come from structure, when genetics is far and away the strongest evidence.

What is interesting as well, is that claudes which are further away such as gibbons have some, but not all of the endogenous retrovirus insertions.

That's pretty damn compelling when you consider that for an ERV to hard-code into our DNA it had to be present in a pure ancestor sex cell, then carried down the line, and that the place the viral DNA was written to is precisely the same receptor sites across species. Pretty crazy when you have so many millions and millions of base pairs to deal with in the genome.

I mean, hell, another easy one is the vitamin C genes which are partially preserved in the human genome, yet broken...but you can see the region similarities with other great apes.
>>
>>76140316
Hey anon, it takes humility to look inward and correct yourself. I'm glad you seen it for what it was and moved forward.
>>
>>76141870
Maybe in language but scientifically it doesn't matter what the effect of the trait is, it is still evolution
>>
>>76139567
Weird, seeing as the first half of it was created by your pic related
>>
>>76141167
Calling me a racist while the ruler of all Catholics kisses Black Muslim feet
Why would I care about being racist?

Just go race mix some more America 60% white is doing you good. I recognise though genetics and evolution there are inferior dogs/Birds/Humans.

Would you rather a large German Shepard or a yappy Chihuahua to defend you?

All humans have a innate US vs THEM and a racially/culturally mono nation is far more likely to succeed and flourish and trust each-other then a Swedish muti culti hell hole.

I help out my neighbours and friends because that's what group animals do and I know for a nation and a race to succeed they must help each-other and religion is not necessary to this. Why do monkeys groom each-other or wild dogs give food to other dogs puppies yet are aggressive to other dog packs when they have no religion?
>>
>>76141870
Not how it works. You evolve to your environment. Some things are lost in the process, some things are gained.
>>
>>76138826
Idiot it's the other way around
>>
>>76141598
yes, god forbid i appeal to an authority.
its an Aristotelean value called intellectual humility. i did not devote my life to studying the natural sciences. other people have.
A LOT OF OTHER PEOPLE HAVE.
science doesnt have to always be perfectly right, but generations of scientists improve their theories of the world as time goes on.
>if this wasnt true, we would still believe in an earthcentric universe model, would never have gotten to space, wouldnt even have developed the best tooth pastes or medicines or cure for all the diseases that we can fight off now, our life expectancy would not have skyrocketed so much in the past few thousand QUANTIFIABLE, HISTORICALLY IRREFUTABLE years
>>
Also, 1 year was not the same amount of spacetime as it was a billion years ago. If you believe in an expanding universe, the value of a light year, etc. Its quite possible the earth is much younger than we think due to the 'length' of time
>>
>>76141706
mutations happens every time on all generations of all animas, even if its something irrelevant. Sometimes it isn't.
>>
>>76141870
>We've only ever seen devolving
then what about all of the bacteria that have evolved to become resistant to certain antibiotics? Certainly from the bacteria's point of view that's a positive evolution
>>
>>76141944
The fossils are all out of order and mixed up. The layers all have evidence of being or needing to have been laid down by a massive flood and in quick succession. The leading theory these days with evolutionists is that the time is inbetween the layers but they have no evidence of this and there is every indication that the layers came from a global catastrophe.
>>
Well, if evolution is a lie, then it would be fascinating to learn how God created. The physics and chemistry and biology and geology seems to suggest that God creates like a mathematician and engineer rather than just a sculptor or a painter. 'God did it' is only descriptive and still begs the question HOW he made and assembled and created, like why God chose the same parts for a lot of species/kinds. Why redundant DNA? Why similar bone structures?
>>
>>76139714
I said random mutation not randomly obtaining wings you fucktard.
So what is the big deal about poison frogs.
>>
>>76141103
>he said as the sun shone, cosmic radiation changed carbon into a carbon isotope, stored energy is slowly released from the Earth
IT'S A MYSTERY
>>
>>76141038
turn the other cheek was because if you said anything, Romans would just kill you, you have to understand the context first.
>>
>>76142148
Yeah why did God decide to make a large part of the human genome completely useless?
>>
>>76140344
I agree. I heard the odds of life coming from these building blocks on their own is like picking a grain of sand from a sandpit the size of the observable universe, putting it back, shuffling the sand, then picking that same grain again on the first try. Its that much.
>>
>>76142204
>you have to understand the context first.
Tell that to the Christians.
>>
>>76141968
>bacteria

Bacteria mutation and eventual speciation is observed in laboratories. Even more so with viruses.

Bacteria go through so many generations so rapidly that the likelihood of this happening while very low is still a good possibility.
>>
File: 1438222399213.png (165 KB, 558x418) Image search: [Google]
1438222399213.png
165 KB, 558x418
>>76138556
>Atheist pretends to be a retarded Christian to start an Atheism thread
>>
>>76142078

There is also Richard Lenski's in lab experiment in which E.Coli evolved a new mechanism for citrate digestion, allowing for explosive population growth of bacterial cultures.

The big deal is that he has decades worth of ancestral strains, that he has frozen. He actually has the generations from the very beginning for comparison.
>>
>>76142239
Depends on the environment those building blocks are in.

Those statistics are dubious, since we don't know what environment they mean.
>>
>>76142048
There's nothing humble about saying "what I believe must be right because this person I like/respect supports my belief". I couldn't give a single shit about your personal idols. Them saying something doesn't make it true or even likely or probably. Have fun being gouged in the eyes by the problem of induction for the rest of eternity while every single rationalist to ever live laughs at you.
>>
>>76140344
But no one actually claims to know how life formed. Evolution doesn't even touch on the beginnings of life, just what happened after life began. It's completely reasonable to think that god created life on earth and then let it work it's course. Something like that becomes even more likely when you consider that we've found evidence of primitive life on Mars.

http://www2.jpl.nasa.gov/snc/nasa1.html
>>
File: ameritard.png (156 KB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
ameritard.png
156 KB, 1200x900
>>
>>76142342
>It's completely reasonable to think that god...
No, no it isn't. Because no reasoning is going on. It's just you taking things on faith.
>>
>>76142032
You adapt to your environment through epigenetics. The activation and deactivation of already existent genes. Mutations destroy the beneficial nature of genes. Deletions of genes is sometimes also introduced. However we have never ever observed the introduction of new information.

The reason incest is bad is because of the deletarious mutations have increased every generation at a rate of 100 more every generation. We have about 6000 in every person now. If a close relative breeds, these bad mutations activate and cause horrible defects.

God introduced no incest laws in Leviticus which was around 2500 years after creation but he did not initiate them prior. I bet he didn't because the original Adam and Eve and the many that followed were closer to the perfect creation before the fall. The fall is still happening today.
>>
>>76142297
You just say that because you know that
>>76139273
>the masses, truly, ARE animals. but i am more.
is a edgy neckbeard retard.

In reality most christains here are because Atheism is more popular that ever, and they need to be different so they are ENLIGHTENED by their book and by their God who specially crafted them to be the PERFECT BEING

*tip*
>>
>>76142204
It's also because it stops violence

When the robber comes you can either kill him or let him rob your house. Turning the other cheek lets him live since he'll get what's coming to him in the end and who needs personal belongings amiright? I live in a cardbox while I let immigrants live in my house because I'll go to heaven and I have to be a good little Christian
>>
>>76138556
everything we know about gene theory should disprove evolution

you cant mutate genetically, mate with a non mutated organism, always retain the mutation while at the same time still having the original common ancestor

and i'd like to see this common ancestor that could produce avian, mammalian, reptilian and insectoid creatures
>>
>>76142316
You can actually breed e. coli yourself, they grow in basically anything and the freezer preservation media available to laymen can keep seed inoculum ready for +3 months. The potent strain O157 that's been linked to food poisoning is actually a distinct variety that EVOLVED the toxic compounds present in Shigella, which co-mingled with it in sausage, if I recall. Good shit.

>>76142434
Say, have you read anything by Teilhard de Chardin?
>>
>>76142239
>>76140344

Well, considering limited experiments which simulated early Earth conditions were able to create full series of amino acids and nucleotides happened in a small lab, it isn't really that surprising that protein formation could occur in a lab the size of a planet over millions upon millions of years.
>>
>>76139575
No it doesnt. You're a moron who doesnt know physics. Thermodynamics doesnt conflict with change through random mutations.
Evolution has been observed many times all throughout the 20th century. How do you think new strains of diseases emerge which are immune to our antibiotics?

Scientists are in an arms race with bacteria and we are constantly 10-20 years away from our drugs failing to work.

How do you think those bacteria become resistant? Through evolution. In fact, because bacteria reproduce so quickly the number of iterations of changes happens fast enough that we can observe adaptation and change into new species in human time scales.
>>
>>76142342
>It's completely reasonable to think that god created life on earth and then let it work it's course.
To some extent this is true however we end up with a road block. We end up seeing the common ancestor to Dogs, Horses and Donkeys having an Original Kind.

This is not evolution. This is specialization through devolution. He created Eden in a perfect way but it fell with Adam and started decaying ever since turning into all sorts of different species because of mutations.
>>
>>76142541
are you stupid?

I really don't understand what your second sentence is supposed to mean.
>>
As far as a precursor animal evolving wings and hollow bones, those are changes which would accumulate over time. A great supporting detail for evolution is vestigial organs and bones/muscles.

Humans have vestigial ear muscles, suggesting our ancestors once had well developed ears which they could reposition toward sounds. Another is certain ligaments/muscles on our forearm which are completely unnecessary. Of course everyone knows about the appendix. We have traces of what used to be a tail (and we even form a tail temporarily during fetal development).

Animals also dont have optimized features for their environment. Rather, many features are compromises which are adaptations of existing features (such as adding an inflatable skirt to a car to make it amphibious).

If animals were the product of intelligent design, why arent they optimized for their niche the way any engineered device is? Look at an airplane vs a bird.

How about eyes?

Evolution itself is a fact. We know species can undergo change over time in response to stimuli and eventually become new species by virtue of no longer being able to have offspring with the members of their original species (finches for example).

However there are many unknowns in large part because such change occurs over geological time scales, not human ones, so we cant observe it happen in real time with complex animals and organisms.

The exact mechanism by which change can happen is also not fully understood. One theory I've read about is that it happens in bursts of rapid change follosed by a long period of stability. The changes themselves are probably targeted and guided to some extent by dormant mechanisms and sub routines in the DNA of animals.
>>
>>76140186
Oh no. Not the " it's only a theory " bullshit again. You need to understand the difference between a scientific theory and " duh I hab a theory bout dat"
>>
>>76142331
HAHAHA
these are not a few idols....these are thousands and thousands of evolutioary scientists, physicists, chemists, etc. etc.
>just cus you dont like dawkins or hitchens or harris doesnt mean there arent a multitude of more reasonable, less inflammatory people who have devoted their lives to the study of the natural order.
these thousands of scientists check and either affirm or refute their predecessors and peers claims.
>evolutionary theory has been improved upon and corrected since darwin, his idea was just the point of departure
>if any serious refutations of evolutionary theory came to be, the consensus would shift against evolution
>do not be so cynical of the thousands of good-hearted, rationalist thinkers who have directly witnessed the effects and proccess of evolutionary theory
>you lose, boychick. you lose.
>>
>>76142239
The theory of evolution doesn't have anything to do with the origins of life. You can subscribe to the theory and still believe in your sky jew.
>>
>>76142559
No I haven't. I've read a lot of geology books, biology books and physics books but never heard of him.
>>
>>76142275
what are chances of developing out of nothing a complex micro engine with random mutations?
>>
>>76140500
Also, inbreeding causes genetic mutations. Evolution in humans in this form is actually observable in the Amish community where the small gene pool has led to a large number of individuals being born with extra fingers and toes.

https://prezi.com/dta3umvajdvu/polydactylism-in-the-amish/
>>
>>76142624
You seem to have it all figured out.

Why don't you write your local scientist about it and get a Nobel?
>>
>>76142648
>vestigial organs
>bone/muscles
All this tells us is we're losing information over time. Matching devolution.
>>
>>76142752
Repeating of a gene is not evolution. That is using the same information and repeating it elsewhere.
>>
Кyфддн ьфлyы нщг epштлб pгp,
>>
File: 1448453790766.jpg (234 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1448453790766.jpg
234 KB, 1280x720
>>76142703
Living your life in worship of other retards must feel good. Otherwise I'd assume you'd stop doing so.

Go~
Go go~
Scientism oh yeah~!
>>
>>76142757
Rude.
>>
File: equus grevyi.jpg (39 KB, 350x256) Image search: [Google]
equus grevyi.jpg
39 KB, 350x256
>>76142624
Also an interesting little thought...the common of horses, dogs and donkeys you mention is the first clade of animals to have external testes.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boreoeutheria

An eastern Zebra breed has the most massive of any known vertebrate relative to their bodysize, each individually about the size of a pineapple. Devolved indeed!
>>
>>76142848
really makes you think, huh?
>>
>>76138556
Evolution is the inevitable result of the fact that the traits of living organisms are passed onto their offspring, this process of reproduction is imperfect (you don't create a clone of yourself) and the differences that arise from this process within a species lead to some organisms having greater reproductive success than others.

If you don't believe in evolution it's because you don't understand what genes are or how reproduction works.

Evolution is perfectly compatible with Christianity and a belief in God. It's the process by which he works.
>>
>>76142848
Shit had my Russian keyboard on.
>>
>>76142832
>>76142781
>information
You don't understand evolution, take a class or do some reading then come back
>>
>>76141103
THE SUN NIGGA
>>
>>76142434
Well, it is an interesting idea, corresponding with the Fall
>>
>>76142895

Not as much as you'd think. That's exactly how it works. If you think you're right and everyone else is wrong go tell the current experts and let them try out your "theory" and recreate it.

You're not worried about it, are you?
>>
>>76142527
i thought it was the atheists who were cucking for islam?
>>
File: 1412875020218.jpg (31 KB, 292x257) Image search: [Google]
1412875020218.jpg
31 KB, 292x257
>>76138556
Oh man it's a "neckbeard that thinks he knows shit because he learned about it in middle school biology" thread.

>evo meme
>original troll
>like a slut onto dick
Get some sun you fucking autist.
>>
>>76138556
You deserved to be banned for shitting on the most based white man of the 19th century
Duck my dick and get the fuck off our board other Chans aren't welcome here
>>
>>76142752
Anthony, that was the worst app anyone has ever made me use for something remotely interesting.
>>
File: Untitled1.png (34 KB, 522x357) Image search: [Google]
Untitled1.png
34 KB, 522x357
>>76142989
hue
>>
>>76142593
>which simulated early Earth conditions were able to create full series of amino acids and nucleotides
and then what happened?

cognitive dissonance incoming..............
>>
>>76143031
>duck my dick
>>
>>76142879
all i wanna say is you're retarded andi feel bad for the anon that wasted time arguing with you
>>
>>76143057

This.

At least Dawkins had the balls to say Islam was shit.
>>
>>76142879
do you assume i do not have any experience of the divine, or that there is much mystery and absurdity to life and our individual experience of the universe?
i do not worship, i respect.
science is not the be all end all, i believe in a place for religion, philosophy, and artistic expression, all equal in value and interrelated to the scientific method of critical thinking.
it doesnt just have to be one or the other.
im sorry your priests were the only once to sexually gratify you
>>
>>76142648
where are the transition fossils
>>
>>76140344
Once again for the completely ignorant here. Evolution is not a random process. It is random mutations/changes selected for success by the environment.
>>
>>76142593
I said form life from the building blocks. Not building blocks forming man.
>>
>>76142988
I figured you were insulting me.
>>76142943
Entropy never enters into the mind of the evolutionist.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (8 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
8 KB, 480x360
>>76143031
>Duck my dick
>>
>>76142342
Oh I'm not personally against the notion of evolution, just the likelihood of abiogenesis.

I also think those calculations were for a protein that's a chain of 160 amino acids even though there are far shorter self-replicating proteins that we know about, let alone ones we don't

And the statical kinetics include only the odds of a single instance, I.e. no parallel instances even though we're talking about the entire earth

It actually is way more likely and could potentially happen, but our fossil record shows single-celled organisms in the first 100MM to 500MM years, meaning cells with membranes and chromosomal DNA, which is exponentially more complicated

There's also the simple idea that our reality only exists as our singular perception within the multiverse and the odds of all this existing is irrelevant because our consciousness wouldn't exist in the realities without the specific phenomena necessary
>>
>>76143112
Because appealing to authority is totally an "argument". L e l
>>
>>76143214
You should REALLY stop posting and actually know even the basic mechanics of evolution before posting again
>>
Either the Christians are on to something, or they can't handle the huge effect science is messing up biblical consistency and are recoiling and retreating to remove the dissonance. I don't know.
>>
>>76142989
Of course there's plenty of the amazing Atheist cucks and communist fuckers but there's plenty of Christian cucks who approve of race mixing and muticultual society since the bible is full of love thy neighbour and we're all created equally by god etc.

The one place in my entire town that approves of refugees is the church and it has a big refugees welcome banner dispute being in bumbfuck no where
>>
>>76143141

>http://humanorigins.si.edu/evidence/human-fossils/fossils

There you go. Enjoy.

>>76143214

I was insulting you. What you're saying is baseless, self-serving, destructive to actual science, and frankly, stupid.
>>
>>76142781

Increased brain capacities, higher frontal lobe innervation.

When you deal with vestigial stuff, you need to realize that evolution is a trade-off because things cost energy.

Human olfactory affinity is decreasing, but average vision seems to be improving.

>>76143097
>and then what happened?

The experiment ended. You do understand that that a proof-of-concept experiment is not something that is funded for 150 years to see if something extra happens.

However, there are more involved studies planned which are meant to be carried over a number of generations. A team of researchers will start it, but the ones finishing it will be doing so 200 years hence. Those types of things require a massive amount of planning and infrastructure to perform.
>>
>>76143291
You should really read a book or two about evolution before you think your TV pop culture science shows taught you everything you should know.
>>
>>76143291
You're acting like a liberal. Telling him to "go to school" or to "stop posting" isn't helping your argument man
>>
>>76143122
I don't respect anyone more or less than anyone else, because no one's worthy of any more or less than any other drooling retard of a sinful human, including myself. No one's worth it. Appeals to authority are logically fallacious for a reason.
>>
>>76142038
Your confusing the Christian Right of conserving religion with the Ethnonationalist Right of conserving the national bloodline.

No leftist acknowledges human evolution and biodiversity, nor do they advocate for national strategies of genetic propagation, and that is why they are so misguided. Liberalism is based on Equality and Freedom, while Conservatism is based on Self-Preservation.
>>
>>76143408
>Telling him to "go to school" or to "stop posting" isn't helping your argument man...
We're beyond that. There is no "argument" to be countered here. It's just assertion and nothing more. No evidence, no premises, nothing substantial. The only appropriate response in ridicule and insults.
>>
>>76143408
Its fine. I've been in his shoes. I believed in Evolution for 26 years of my life.
>>
Step right over there with the climate deniers.

What next, the atom Jew? There are only four elements? OP is why pol is a joke. Fucking 19 year old high school grads who know nothing. That's all pol is. Please get better than this.
>>
DNA is a crystal.

This is how life formed on earth
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piezoelectricity

Anyone whos taken ayuhuasca knows
>>
>>76143461
question: are you religious? if so, what religion?
>>
>>76142624
This is retarded. We can trace human origins all the way back to a creature that resembles a shrew. There's paleontological evidence of it. IF someone were exceptionally crazy they could probably use gene regression to actually turn a human embryo into that creature, just like they can take a chicken embryo and give it teeth or a tail. However, ethics prevents that, so we just have rely on the evidence we have.
>>
>>76143397
>Human olfactory affinity is decreasing, but average vision seems to be improving.

well, smell doesnt work as well for communication and comms matter n shit
>>
>>76143214

>Entropy never enters into the mind of the evolutionist.

What does entropy have to do with closed systems? I'm looking for what you think the practical effect of entropy is.
>>
Creationists wre truly morons. Scientists look at the prepondence of evidence in nature using their senses and draw conclusions which form the basis of models of reality which are both falsifiable and useful to make predictions.

Then come smug uneducated creationists who are too stupid and intellectually lazy to learn the facts, so they reject science and empiricism because its not perfect and doesnt have all the answers, and substitute it with some sky jew which starts with the same philosophical premise yet is neither empirically supported, nor leads to useful, falsifiable models of reality.

Creationists are smug assholes who like to make themselves seem smart by shitting all over actual smart people.
>>
>>76143408

Telling the ignorant to learn more is not wrong senpai
>>
>>76143401
I have read a book or two about evolution friend. Maybe you should stop believing whatever your cucked tin foil friends on the internet say.

>>76143408
Why would I argue with someone who literally won't understand anything I say? Telling him to educate himself is entirely valid in this case, because he is actually ignorant
>>
>>76138826
What the fuck? Who the fuck leftist ever denies evolution? It's right-wing Jesus-humping fundie conservatives. I've never met a goddamn left-winger to deny evolution. I'm sure they're out there of course but I mean shut the fuck up.
>>
File: 1463796700100.jpg (51 KB, 535x789) Image search: [Google]
1463796700100.jpg
51 KB, 535x789
>>76143304
Tbh evolutionary science is totally compatible with "Great Chain of Being" theories of man being "higher" with his unique intelligence and susceptible to spiritually evil "devolution". It doesn't necessarily invalidate the idea of a Christian Fall, or even harsher, racist/ethnonationalist imaginings of [those fuckers] being biologically inferior to [we clever, noble folks]. I just haven't seen any compelling arguments for either of them yet, or why it's necessaril so hard for a tool-using hominid to spring into a civilized mindset a mere ~50,000 years ago.

What was the "lightbulb" that went off? A single random mutation? Drugs? Aliens? God himself?
>>
>>76138556
>>animal randomly mutates wings,
Never, but birds didn't "randomly mutate wings" they had arms first. The organs we see today are modified versions of organs we see yesterday. Birds had scales before they had feathers, arms before they had wings, walked on all fours before they had arms.

Are you pro education or just pro shitposting?
>>
>>76138556
>>76139918
early Pterodactylus started with gliding and then birds evolved who learned to fly
>>
>>76139918
small changes over large periods of time add up you fucking nigger, replace and add parts slowly to a car and eventually its a different car
>>
>>76143654
They won't deny evolution, but they will be the first to deny the effects of evolution on humans
>>
>>76142832
Repeating a gene is the definition of evolution, as has been pointed out in quite a few posts already. Take a class, accept empirical evidence and stop trolling.
>>
>>76143589
Christian.
I can spare you the time on trying to say I appeal to an authority though - I can believe God created the world 2.8 seconds ago, with the Bible in my hand and all my memories of a past that never actually existed, and that all my understanding of everything isn't dependent on any other soul.
>>
>>76143532

They already did the, "What's next?"

It's called Flat Earth. And those threads are just as braindead as the anti-evolution threads.
>>
File: 1452052258832.jpg (25 KB, 694x488) Image search: [Google]
1452052258832.jpg
25 KB, 694x488
>>76143666
>666

FUCK

>A new approach, which is both historical and comparative, has recently been proposed by E.J. Michael Witzel.[6] He compares collections of mythologies of various cultures, from Iceland and Egypt to the Mayas, and reconstructs increasingly older levels, parallel to but not necessarily dependent on language families (see above). The most prominent common feature is a story line that extends from the creation of the world and of humans to their end. This feature is found in the northern mythologies of Eurasia and the Americas ("Laurasia") while it is missing in the southern mythologies of Subsaharan Africa, New Guinea and Australia ("Gondwanaland"). The latter is the older one, going back to the dispersal of Homo sapiens out of Africa, some 65,000 years ago.
>>
In the end, the average person can survive and reproduce without believing in evolution or creationism or any degree of blending between the two camps.
>>
>>76139273
You're a fucking idiot and I'm surprised you can even fucking operate a computer to get onto this board. Evolution doesn't mean that animals randomly mutate adaptations in order to get a leg up, it is the completely unavoidable logical consequence of the fact that more fit to survive creatures will survive longer (and breed more) than less fit. Therefore positive adaptation builds upon positive adaptation. Evolution is nor a magical force trying to keep animals alive by sticking on extra parts, it's natural fucking selection. This is the fucking American education system at work. I don't fucking care if you're a troll. Consider yourself fed. FUCK you're an idiot.
>>
>>76141103
It is called the environment.
>>
The sky jew programmed the matrix to appear to be billions of years old.

Do not be deceived. Embrace His word. Wake up Sheeple!
>>
If some rocks are millions of years old and they say animals evolve over millions of years why aren't those rocks animals yet? Atheists btfo
>>
>>76138556

>Evolution
>A series of random mutations
>99% of all mutations are negative
>The creature with the 1% positive mutation has to survive in order to pass on its genes
>The chances of survival are low
>Even if the creature does survive long enough to pass on its genes, there's no certainty that the positive mutation will be passed on
>The offspring have to survive as well
>The odds of them surviving are low
>Do this trillions of times and supposedly you make new species

No. This evolution stuff is bullshit. Not even 6 billion years would be a long enough time line for creatures to evolve to where they are today.
>>
>>76143804
oh no no, good sir, i was not going to call you on appealing to god. i also appeal to god, and probably the christian one.
HOWEVER
you would not be a christian today had the emperor constantine, nor any other ancient proponent on christianity had furthered the idea through the populace. constantine became a christian because his mother loved christianity. isnt that funny? constantine appealed to his mother.
What you are proposing, that all humans deserve equal respect, is degenerative. some ideas are better than others. this is how some people create electric cars, and other people are born retarded. like literally, mentally retarded.
what you are propoosing does away with any passing down of traditions, whether they be scientific or philosophic or religious.
humanity would not have lasted this long if we all just respected everyone else's ideas and perceptions of the world as equal.
there have been and are plenty of people who want to kill christians, who think that rape and abuse of women are perfectly fine ideas. i say these people, and people like you, will be weeded out by the vary theory that you cant buy into. im sorry the educational system failed you, and im sorry you will likely have an unfulfilling, unlistened to life. goodbye.
>>
No use arguing that intelligence is the most key trait to survival, it's also the easiest to evolve, because every organism has a brain. Intelligence is mostly genetics and animals that grow clustered brain matter faster and have more capacity for brain matter survive more. What more do you need?
>>
>>76144164
It's significantly higher than 99%.

>>76144190
>you would not be a christian today had the emperor constantine, nor any other ancient proponent on christianity had furthered the idea through the populace
I pre-rendered that line of thought invalid if you'd bothered to read what I typed. I'll greentext it for you.

>I can believe God created the world 2.8 seconds ago, with the Bible in my hand and all my memories of a past that never actually existed, and that all my understanding of everything isn't dependent on any other soul
>>
>>76138556
read
>>76138794

You literally know nothing about evolution.
>>
>>76143828
>Africans and Abos don't share human creation myths

...really makes you think
>>
>>76144164
Why because you said so? You laid out some false premises then proceeded to draw a baseless conclusion.

Changes which are positive or neutral will be passed on all the same, and can arise in multiple animals. Not every animal has a low chance of survival. Changes to some extent might also be guided by programs that lie dormant in DNA, which activate in response to environmental stressors.

You are just ignorant.
>>
>>76144289
If Christianity wasn't wildly accepted wouldn't it be in the same level as orthodox or Islam?
>>
>>76140016
We've found examples of every stage of development for eyes among mollusks and the like.
>>
>>76144448
What do you mean "level"?
>>
>>76144422

Cope.

It's not even 6 billion years because it's not until many billions of years after the planet's creation did life start.

There is no fucking way in such a short period of time that so many positive "microevolution" mutations occurred and survived to change creatures that drastically.

The odds are heavily stacked against the creatures. You're just blindly believing in something highly /highly/ improbable because you think it makes you sound smart, and it's widely accepted.
>>
>>76138556
>animal randomly mutates wings

An animal cannot simply just grow wings. It seems like most tards who deny evolution don't actually understand the concept. Your kid cannot be born with a new body part, this takes millions of years of transitioning.

> the neural wiring to use those wings, the muscles to control them, and body weight tailored to flying at once, then breeds with other non-mutant animals

People are born with mutations every day but the vast majority of them are disabilities, and the same applies to every living organism. Mutations aren't as rare as you think, and when animals do change (over time, of course) it happens to a large amount of them at the same time over time.

>diluting the wing gene with every successful breeding, until finally… a bird is born?!

Is this hard for you to grasp? Read up natural selection...

> Even however many billion years isn't enough for this shit.

Sitting behind a computer accusing the Jews doesn't make you a scientist you dip
>>
File: 1454692563651.jpg (35 KB, 496x400) Image search: [Google]
1454692563651.jpg
35 KB, 496x400
>>76138556
>How do you defend

The same way they defend picrelated. They're autistic neckbeard retards
>>
>>76144289
oh lord help us.
that is an incredibly narcissistic worldview.
you know who else actually believes they are the sole experiencers of the world?
infants, who have not gotten through their egoistic period of development. who think that when someone walks out of their line of sight, they cease to exist. of course, ANYONE can understand the world this way. but this is probably not a person who is happy nor altrustic. what would be the justification for doing any good in the universe, for any strivings, if it was all just the fevered dream of an inpatient in an intergalatic psych war?
so i am arguing on the internet with an almost literate infant.
man.
im sad for myself for trying.
>>
>>76139854
> tfw blaming the Jews doesn't work and you have no excuse for being an autistic faggot
>>
>>76144598
Not widely known, regarded as fake usually not considered a true religion because simply nobody believes it.
>>
>>76144752
go back to tumblr stupid medieval peasant who hasn't learnt to think yet
>>
>>76144752
read albert camus, read nietzche.
not believing in a god does not take away from any meaning or experience of the divine, it just makes you create your own meaning from the muck.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 24

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.