[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any pro-gun candidates for the US presidential elections coming
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 13
Any pro-gun candidates for the US presidential elections coming up? Here are some options I've discounted so far:

>Donald Trump
Only recently stated a position on private gun ownership, which is dubiously vague. Did not talk about turning over any specific firearms ownership acts or import bans, even the Executive Orders which would have been in his power to change. Also supported assault weapons bans just several years ago.

>Gary Johnson
During the most recent Libertarian Party debate, claimed that the "mentally unstable" shouldn't have access to firearms. Was wrecked by Austin Petersen, whom he failed to give a definition of "mentally unstable".

>Austin Petersen/John McAfee
The former comes across as annoying and insincere, the latter as unreliable and would give a horrible image for the party (even worse than that candidate for chairman did, with his shirt-stripping act).

Basically, it seems like gun rights are only going to suffer more, given that the people in the federal legislature are just there to occasionally grant us peasants some rights, or try to take them away altogether. What are /pol/'s recommendation for a candidate who believes that firearms ownership is an inalienable right? Yes, I'm aware that the state and federal legislatures are more important than the executive branch, but I'd rather not have more import bans or import vetoes crawling up my asshole before the fuckers in the Senate/Congress try to pass another AWB.
>>
>>76132686
>gun rights

Your a fag. Kill yourself fag.
>>
File: 1405475914999.jpg (66 KB, 649x638) Image search: [Google]
1405475914999.jpg
66 KB, 649x638
>>76132941
This is another level of shitposting.
>>
>>76132686
Trump is either going to leave it as is or less likely improve the laws.

Vote Trump.

>>76132941
c|:^)
>>
>>76132686
Trump specifically vowed to undo the obama executive orders (not in relations to guns just in general)
>>
>>76133303
>>76133414
These are actually good points, I'm actually going to think things over. For me, gun rights is the most important issue, though, and I really don't have any reason to think that Trump is anything but just pretending to be pro-gun. He hasn't said anything besides supported conceal-carry reciprocity, which is already a battle going on in Congress.

I do like his positions on foreign policy (building the wall would be unfeasible, but aside from that, neat), drug legalization, and other social issues.
>>
>>76132686
>Realizing Trump's support base could never be swayed to vote for Hillary, Correct the Record took a new approach; spread dissent about non-issues and egg on a 3rd party Neocon run. Only time will tell if this $1 million will pan out.
>>
There is nothing that the president can do about gun laws. Look at Obama, all his bitching about guns and all he could do was enact some weak ass executive orders.

Trump can help mostly by appointing pro 2nd amendment supreme court justices. Beyond that it is up to congress.
>>
>>76133622
>>76132686

NRA endorsed Trump my dude
>>
>>76132686
All Trump has to do is appoint conservative Supreme Court justices. This will be expected of him and he will play ball on this guaranteed. The fight for gun rights is firmly in the realm of the judicial after DC vs Heller.
>>
File: 1450739791446.jpg (160 KB, 1844x1210) Image search: [Google]
1450739791446.jpg
160 KB, 1844x1210
>>76132941
>afraid of of objects
>calls other fags
>>
>>76132686
>which is dubiously vague
Go to Trump's campaign website. He has a whole thing on the second amendment. Not vague at all.
>>
>>76132686
NRA endorsed Trump, and he's your only option.

Hillary and Johnson can't be even remotely trusted.
>>
>>76133667

yeah i mean, really the only choices are between Hillary and Trump, and Hillary has already made it clear that she's going to aggressively attempt to undermine gun rights. If gun rights are all you care about then Trump is the obvious choice, a vote for anybody else would be a waste
>>
File: image.jpg (308 KB, 2000x1333) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
308 KB, 2000x1333
>>76132686
Trump's kids are all avid hunters
>>
File: no9-borecleaner.png (394 KB, 574x574) Image search: [Google]
no9-borecleaner.png
394 KB, 574x574
>>76133703
NRA also was silent about import bans, because they're a protectionist bullshit company that supports domestic manufacturers' interests. Not to mention, they were large supporters of the federal background check system when the legislation came out, and outright refused to talk about scary non-hunting black guns until just a couple of years ago. Second Amendment Foundation and Gun Owners of American have so far refused to endorse him, and as far as I'm concerned as a NJ resident, the NRA doesn't exist even though they take all of our money.

>>76133861
>NRA endorsed Trump, and he's your only option.

How about no? Fuck the NRA. Unlike many people who pretend to know about gun rights as a movement, there are actually some people who check the positions of endorsed candidates.

>>76133806
Yep, here we go:

https://www.donaldjtrump.com/positions/second-amendment-rights

He seems to have improved his clarity since last I checked, which is good. I don't like that he keeps talking about "mental health checks" given that there's no psychological diagnosis for homicidal tendencies in the entire subject of abnormal psychology (increased risk factors given vague specifications, sure). Overall though his positions are solid, if not severely contradictory of what they were not too long ago.

>>76134115
Avid hunters were also supporters of the 90s Clinton Assault Weapons Ban. Bill Weld, Gary Johnson's VP, is an avid hunter and always has been, but he enacted severe gun control laws during his governorship in MA.
>>
File: shotgun_cleaning_november_lead.jpg (40 KB, 700x344) Image search: [Google]
shotgun_cleaning_november_lead.jpg
40 KB, 700x344
>>76133673
>All he could do was enact some weak-ass executive orders

Actually, lemme list the things Obama has done:

>Add an illegal clause into the AFA (ObamaCare) to allow the FBI to access mental health records, bypassing previous HIPPA policies
>Veto a law to try to bring 400,000 surplus M1 Garands from South Korea that were loaned during the Korean War
>Ban weapon imports from Russian companies, as a knee-jerk reaction to the conflict in Ukraine

Yeah, doesn't seem like Obama did much, right? Besides dramatically raise the value of one of the most popular sporting rifles in the entire country, unilaterally probe people's privacy (and in this discussion, only in regards to guns, to say nothing of other infringements), and artificially increase prices of imported guns like Saigas.
>>
>>76132686
>Donald Trump Only recently stated a position on private gun ownership, which is dubiously vague. Did not talk about turning over any specific firearms ownership acts or import bans, even the Executive Orders which would have been in his power to change. Also supported assault weapons bans just several years ago.

I understand your hesitation, but The Don's boys are /k/ as fuck my dude. Don Jr. himself is a handloader, hunts in Africa and has done alot of competition shooting. I think they sat down with him and told him whats what. Also the NRA endorsed him recently so thats a pretty good thing (I know that they have been sorta shady in the past though)

Also Johnson is a fucking cuck who threw away a gun (A replica of George Washington's Flintlock) that Austin Petersen gave him after he won the LP nomination.
>>
>>76134200
>NRA also was silent about import bans, because they're a protectionist bullshit company that supports domestic manufacturers' interests.

who cares about libertarian "free trade" nonsense, we're talking about gun rights

>refused to talk about scary non-hunting black guns until just a couple of years ago.

well according to you they're now talking about them, is that not good enough for your autism? NRA is the biggest lobby for support of the 2nd amendment, i.e. your continued right to own a gun
>>
>>76132686
Trump has called for things nationwide conceal carry and said he is for defending our second amendment. Johnson picked a gun grabber vp so he's a terrible choice. Anyone else doesn't have enough of a chance to make it worth voting for them
>>
File: Sako_TRG-42.jpg (64 KB, 800x250) Image search: [Google]
Sako_TRG-42.jpg
64 KB, 800x250
>>76134490
>Who cares about libertarian "free trade" nonsense, we're talking about gun rights

Yeah, who cares that private gun ownership is hinged on people actually being able to have options about what to arm themselves with?

>Now they're talking about scary non-hunting black guns... NRA so big... blah blah blah

Funny you say that! While the infinitely-smaller Second Amendment Foundation cracked into groundbreaking lawsuits like Heller, the NRA has historically refused to get involved in such cases despite having the biggest coffers of any pro-gun lobby. If you actually followed the NRA, you'd know that they always claim to "support" such cases, but in reality they steal members' money so that they can ride on the coattails of organizations that actually give a shit. Oh, and did I mention Gun Owners of America was actually founded by an ex-NRA board member who realized that the NRA doesn't actually do a whole lot for gun ownership as a human right, and that they just support whatever interests give them the most money?

Far as I can tell, you're an ignorant fuck who hasn't actually looked into gun rights. The others here seem to know their salt at least.

>>76134484
I actually agree with you on most counts here. Johnson is a fucking cuck who seems to support gun rights cursorily. I'm honestly not sure of how to think anymore, but I will consider all of this.

>>76134624
Also not bad points, and kind of the reason I made this thread in the first place.
>>
>>76132686
just vote Gary Johnson, Trump's a meme who only ran republican so he can spout protectionist BS and the other 2 people you mentioned aren't running anymore because Gary already won.
>>
>>76135269
I was going to vote for Gary Johnson, but after compiling the evidence, I really can't see myself doing so for the reasons stated in the OP, man. Trump is kind of a meme, which is why I'm certainly not sure about him, but I can't say anything positive about Johnson anymore.
>>
>>76134200
The mental health issue is because his brother had depression and alcoholism and his "friend's son" has autism not because he wants to backdoor your gun rights because you say the n word on 4chan.
>>
>>76134978
>Far as I can tell, you're an ignorant fuck who hasn't actually looked into gun rights. The others here seem to know their salt at least.

and you seem like a guy with a list of talking points thinking other posters will be too dumb to notice. lmaoing @ your life.

>Yeah, who cares that private gun ownership is hinged on people actually being able to have options about what to arm themselves with?

literally no one cares about buying milsurp except for autists on the internet. there are plenty of the options on the market, you can even build your own ARs in the comfort of your home and an import ban isn't going to change that

>NRA does nuffin
lmao
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/nra-gun-rights-cases

they also sponsored peruta v san diego, making california shall issue
and the pink pistols v dc, making dc shall issue

i'm glad that richardson founded a true-and-honest ron paul endorsed gun rights association, but please, this kind of exaggerated autism doesn't do the libertarian movement any favors

right now it sounds like you've drunk the koolaid mein freund
>>
>>76135549
>Depression and alcoholism
Depression is not necessarily correlated with homicide, and owning a gun while addicted to illegal substances (pending rehabilitation, of course) is already illegal. Autism is not necessarily correlated with homicide, either, and as such, none of these are reasons to infringe on people's rights.

>muh suicide

Johnson supported euthanasia clinics, anyways, and suicide is inherently a mental health issue, not a gun issue as Japan proves. None of this is an excuse for Johnson.
>>
File: 1464013231245.jpg (161 KB, 640x736) Image search: [Google]
1464013231245.jpg
161 KB, 640x736
Vote for Hilary because she pays you for shilling or you could always kill yourself (my personal favorite) :^)
>>
>>76135710
>Milsurp

How about imported ammunition and firearms of modern makes and calibers? And what if I don't want an AR? You think that my right to bear arms only extends to what you like?

>Sponsored issues

While the Second Amendment Foundation, with far inferior resources, has been cracking cases wide open. So you basically repeated what I said: the NRA rides on the coattails of organizations that actually give a shit, while spending a TON of money on doing so. The most they do in most cases is submit an amicus to the case talking about how they agree with what ANOTHER organization is doing. Not to mention that when they beg for money in anti-gun states like New Jersey (where I live), they don't even give any support despite numerous requests to do so when people start and grow their own grassroots movements. The NRA didn't even give us a nod when we conducted a campaign to recall our Senate president last summer.
>>
>>76135394
>I was going to vote for Gary Johnson, but after compiling the evidence, I really can't see myself doing so for the reasons stated in the OP, man
He's a libertarian, the most hes going to do against gun rights is by taking inaction and not repealing anything already passed, this is what the republicans have been doing on the federal level for quite some time now anyways.

Also voting for Gary gives way to future LP candidates who will all be 2nd amendment friendly.
>>
>>76132686
>>76132686

Lambright 'me' wants to give 'free' machine guns.

http://lambright.com/campaign-promises/
>>
>>76134978
In all honesty I think Teflon Don will be good for Gun owners, the only thing I dont see happening are a lift on the Chinese/Russian import bans. I hope someone brings it up but I doubt that would happen.

>>76135710
>literally no one cares about buying milsurp except for autists on the internet. there are plenty of the options on the market, you can even build your own ARs in the comfort of your home and an import ban isn't going to change that

t. Poorfag who thinks his $1000 AR is expensive
>>
>>76132686
I attended a Trump rally and it was there that he said he would overturn the executive orders. His website did also state he supports CCW from any state valid in all 50. It also stated that he does not support AWB and magazine restrictions.
>>
>>76136006

>How about imported ammunition and firearms of modern makes and calibers? And what if I don't want an AR? You think that my right to bear arms only extends to what you like?

what the fuck are you even talking about. you can buy hundreds of varieties of firearms and ammo, much of which is imported. oh, you can't buy some shitty Ukrainian rifles? you can't pick up a cheap garand because of obamautism? how will you ever go on?

>The NRA didn't even give us a nod when we conducted a campaign to recall our Senate president last summer.

sounds like you have a case of the tsunderes

don't worry, i'm sure sempai will notice you someday
>>
>>76132686
a vote for any libertarian is a vote for hillary
>>
File: 1454285901937.png (342 KB, 1328x4693) Image search: [Google]
1454285901937.png
342 KB, 1328x4693
>dubiously vague
Kill yourself, concern shill.
>>
>>76136049
>Not repealing anything already passed

This is actually fucking horrible.

>He's a libertarian

Clearly not anymore.

>>76136189
I guess I could see him being good for gun owners, though as another poster is saying, he did talk about repealing the executive orders. Also thanks for pointing out to that stupid AR-fag that AR-15's aren't the only guns out there, and maybe some of us want other options.

>>76136318
If you can find something of a source from that rally of him saying that, then I'd be all ears. That's interesting. As for the CCW reciprocity, I definitely support that.

>>76136485
Actually, I want to own some high-quality Saiga sporting rifles from Kalashnikov Concern, which were recently banned from import and which are 2x more expensive than they used to be. Should I also add that the Saigas are simpler in functionality and often more accurate of sub-1K AR's? Fuck you for thinking your taste in guns should affect legislation, preference has nothing to do with human rights. Also, if an import ban can happen to one country for no good reason, it can happen to another for another lack thereof.
>>
OP are you a nigger?

Trump has been endorsed by the NRA you dumb faggot.
>>
File: babies 1 and 2.png (1 MB, 996x561) Image search: [Google]
babies 1 and 2.png
1 MB, 996x561
>>76136720
>He didn't read the thread where someone gave me the positions and I discussed them

>>76136969
>The NRA endorsed him! You have to vote for him!

Noguns detected, see >>76136006
>>76134978
>>76134200
>>
>>76136725
>Fuck you for thinking your taste in guns should affect legislation, preference has nothing to do with human rights.

Except that's literally what you want. It's not your "right" to cheaply buy a "high quality" Saiga rifle that barely shoots a tighter MOA (if it even does) than a more readily available gun. If you want it so bad then yeah, shell out the cash for it, that's how the market functions.

>Also, if an import ban can happen to one country for no good reason, it can happen to another for another lack thereof.

They were banned for a "reason", I wouldn't call it a "good" reason but it was enacted by the treasury department as a blanket ban on all goods from the region, of which the Kalashnikov Concern was just one group affected. It wasn't as if Obama just snapped his fingers and decided to ban KC specifically.

Is it a questionable sanction and is it a pain in the ass for people who want to buy Saiga guns? Sure, but it didn't just happen out of nowhere for "no good reason." Sometimes you get slapped by geopolitics, deal with it. That's something libertarians just don't understand
>>
>>76137727

here is the executive order in question that bans goods from the region

https://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/FR-2014-03-19/pdf/2014-06141.pdf
>>
>>76136725
>This is actually fucking horrible.
yeah it sucks but its better than a lifelong democrat and "sue the gun manufactures" hillary, at least we know he'll veto any bill that comes to his table and generally believes that gun legislation is retarded
>>
File: 20151011_012758-1.jpg (3 MB, 3516x1422) Image search: [Google]
20151011_012758-1.jpg
3 MB, 3516x1422
>>76137727
There are so many things anti-gun about your post I don't even know where to begin. You might as well have just said "I don't like what you like, so I don't care if your right to arm yourself with it has been banned!"

You have the same mindset as the fudds who let the Clinton AWB happen in the 90s. "If you want to own a scary black rifle, sure, who gives a fuck, I don't really care since I don't believe the right to bear arms extends in every sense of the word!"

I'm done arguing in circles with you. Just pointing out how wrong what you said is, so that everybody else knows how stupid you are.
>>
>>76137792
Thanks man.

>>76137969
Does he believe that gun legislation is retarded? Look at his VP pick. I wish I could still believe what you're saying.
>>
>>76136178
>Reparations for blacks $400k

This whole page is full of dank memes but this is the dankest
>>
>>76138021

>I don't care if your right to arm yourself with it has been banned!"

Except it hasn't, the ban doesn't affect any US citizens who already owns a Saiga. You're just a cheapskate who isn't willing to fork over the cash for a gun that's in high demand but has low supply. Study up on Economics 101

>You have the same mindset as the fudds
> "If you want to own a scary black rifle, sure, who gives a fuck, I don't really care since I don't believe the right to bear arms extends in every sense of the word!"

Yawn, you can own whatever gun you want, but you're too poor I guess, and too stupid to understand how international markets work

>i'm done arguing in circles with you
k bye
>>
>>76133622
Look at it like this.

Your options are pretty much Hillary who vows to do more on guns, or Trump whose going to be surrounded and advised by Republicans who wouldn't let him start anything anti-gun anyway
>>
>>76138075
>Does he believe that gun legislation is retarded?
yes
http://www.ontheissues.org/2012/Gary_Johnson_Gun_Control.htm
>>
>>76138269
Given that the Republicans in the Oval Office haven't done much for gun rights (Bush could've repealed Clinton's import bans for instance, I use import bans as an example of an unconstitutional executive order) I can't really trust them very much.

>>76138279
Please see everything in the OP, along with his tossing Austin Petersen's flintlock gift to him. The latter is just on a personal level, the former is actually concerning.
>>
>muh import bans
wew lad. Gun rights isn't equivalent to free trade.
>>
>>76138559
>Wanting guns from another country is a bad thing
Oy fucking vey
>>
>>76138632
I'm almost convinced to call them NRA shills, but don't want to sink to /pol/'s normal level given that I hate /pol/lacks pulling that shit on /k/.
>>
>>76138632

No one's saying that but you. It's just funny that you're crying over milsurp not being cheap enough when the market is already oversaturated with options
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.