[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is China building these empty European-style cities to host European
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: china-european-city.jpg (134 KB, 970x645) Image search: [Google]
china-european-city.jpg
134 KB, 970x645
Is China building these empty European-style cities to host European expats once the EU collapse begins?
>>
>>76082815
It does look pretty nice actually.
>>
Not enough mosques to resemble Europe.
>>
>>76083388
>Not enough mosques to resemble England.
Fixed
>>
>>76082815
no they are doing it because it's in their nature to shamelessly copy everything

http://whenonearth.net/11-fake-european-towns-landmarks-made-china/
>>
>>76083507

england is part of Europe, Sha'quel
>>
>>76083528
Who cares if it's copied it looks nice, I'm sick of modern architects going "ABLUBLU it looks like Disney land blahbalaba" so what? I hate modern architecture with every fibre of my being, it's alms of as bad as the non whites taking over
>>
Maybe they're doing it to get better at being creative, like a bad artist that traces stuff until they git gud themselves.
>>
>>76083754
It's not that it's copied -- it's that it's copied poorly. Everything is just a cheap facade that looks nice enough to get Chinese tourist dollars but complete shit on the interiors. They will never appreciate or understand Western aesthetics or culture. They'll go to a place in Europe or a cheap knockoff like this because they think it looks "so romance," and that's all they'll see in it. Just a pretty-looking backdrop for a billion self-portraits they can show their friends and family upon returning so they can advance their status. When the West falls, you're not going to see an appreciation of its culture by the East in the same way that the West was inspired by Eastern culture.
>>
>>76082815

moar pics pls
>>
File: Binyamin Netanyahu Israel.jpg (45 KB, 450x317) Image search: [Google]
Binyamin Netanyahu Israel.jpg
45 KB, 450x317
>>76083578
>>76082815
China is part of Europe
>>
>>76084220
I know, my rant about modern architects was how they react to all modern buildings Built in classical styles. They hate it, they always give Prince Charles shit for building a traditional English village.
>>
>>76083507

Hello rare flag. Stop stealing ips.
>>
>>76082815
Souless is the word that comes to my mind when I see this
>>
Wish we still built decent looking buildings.
>>
>>76082815
they are construction projects funded by the government to prop up their national growth and stop the economy from slumping.

Half of them are literally built hollow and the walls filled with sand.

little to no foundations, the buildings will literally fall over on their sides - there a lots of photos of this.

they are ghost cities as the buildings are essentially fake, not safe to live in, and too expensive if you were to buy/rent.

as previously stated, they don't 'get' it when it comes to why everyone likes those european styles as hallmarks of national/regional cultures.

Chinese want to appear to have money, so they assign fakeness to everything, they also do retarded shit like create fake money races like the recent trend of walnuts being graded and sold like diamonds over in china, it's fucking bizarre, but whatever, my 3rd party transformers are also made over there so let them do what they want.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.