[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Grandpa what was it like driving? it must have been so dangerous...but
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 181
Thread images: 18
File: Screenshot-2015-01-12-10.58.00.jpg (225 KB, 1190x1004) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot-2015-01-12-10.58.00.jpg
225 KB, 1190x1004
>Grandpa what was it like driving? it must have been so dangerous...but so exciting, I wish I lived back then.

It's gonna happen.
>>
>>76079732

I actually wonder if driving will become illegal at some point. Or only people with special authorization (far beyond a common driver's license) will be allowed to manually operate vehicles.
>>
File: mOnvOJG.png (298 KB, 2271x2380) Image search: [Google]
mOnvOJG.png
298 KB, 2271x2380
>>76080064
>>
>>76080064
That's pretty much the plan. It's cattle cars for the rest of us, just like Hitler but even more advanced.

But we'll have a fun time bringing back rocking and tipping them again.
>>
>>76079732

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FAvQSkK8Z8U
>>
>>76080430
That's one the most fun songs ever to play on the bass.
>>
File: 0.jpg (265 KB, 1190x1004) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
265 KB, 1190x1004
>>
>>76079732
My uncle has a country place, that no one knows about.
>>
>>76080430
sorry, missed this
bravo!
>>
It will be convenient as fuck.
>B-b-but your not a real man your a cuck cause you don't feel in control

Forget boomers and their stupid power status symbol.
>>
>>76079732
>It's gonna happen.

Not anytime soon though.. Robots a shit. They can't handle the complexities of modern urban traffic quite yet.
>>
>>76081204
Get with the program, sheep fucker. Stand in the Official Position until a drone picks you up and takes you where you need to be.

non-libertarians btfo
>>
>Get shitfaced
>Car drives you home for you, no need to waste money on a taxi

>Short on time
>Get stuff done while your car drives you to/from work because you no longer have to focus on driving

>Imminent car-accident
>Driving computer is incapable of panic, makes use of its vastly quicker reaction-times and decision-making capabilities to minimize injury/damage

How is this not an objective improvement for the average commuter again?
>>
>>76079732
Good. Take driving away from people. 99% of people can't fucking do it right, don't pay attention to the fucking roads, text on their phones 24/7 while driving, and cause accidents daily that kill like 40,000 people a fucking year. Driving is a dangerous retarded form of travel and it needs to end, today.
>>
>>76080064
Yes.
Manual driving will be reserved for emergency crews and special equipment like construction vehicles.

The ideal environment for self-driving cars is for every car on the road to be self-driving, so they can share information and behave predictably.

Also if every civilian car is self-driving, there will be no more police chases.
>>
>>76081577
It's fantastic for the average commuter. All the retarded drones who can't drive get out of the way and the rest of us can let loose.
>>
>>76079732
I'd buy a car that can drive itself but I'd never buy a car I can't drive myself.
>>
>>76081302
>Not anytime soon though.. Robots a shit. They can't handle the complexities of modern urban traffic quite yet.

That's totally incorrect, you fucking moron. Do you just make up bullshit 24/7? It's happening in a few years, if that, and the self-driving cars are all over even now. You don't even know it.

There have been 0 accidents caused by self-driving cars, in cities, on highways, or wherever. Every accident has been someone rear-ending the car or hitting the car when it was following all procedures and proper traffic laws.
>>
>>76081727
>every problem has been the goyim not following what it says right here in the talmud
>>
>>76081577
If all cars are self-driving accidents will disappear. All self-driving cars will be aware of all other self-driving cars in the area, what they are doing, and where they are going, and each car can calculate for that and stop ahead of time. Being totally aware of all the cars in a mile area and what they are doing at that exact moment allows computers to literally control the road. Accidents cease to exist.
>>
>>76081820
>>every problem has been the goyim not following what it says right here in the talmud

You're a fucking idiot. Humans are objectively awful drivers and the average commuter is eating McDonald's while masturbating to their cell phone and going 80 on the highway.
>>
>>76081727
shit, that'd be great
>on the highway
>drone cars everywhere
>you're pedal to the metal, 250kph
>drone cars predictably swerve out of your way
>speeding isn't even illegal anymore
>>
>>76079732

Im honestly hoping for a minority report sort of set up

>city/metropolis car has to be in auto pilot mode controlled by computre
>out in country can manually

Rush hour, accidents and traffic jams would be a thing of the past. Everyone would get home efficiently.
>>
>>76081577
>>76081827
Taking this a step further, traffic lights and stop signs cease to exist.

All cars drive with such precision, accuracy, and timing that there will be almost no need for prolonged or timed stops. If people try to cross the road, the cars immediately stop when they sense people and haven't hit a person yet.
>>
File: 1451875530611.jpg (29 KB, 634x355) Image search: [Google]
1451875530611.jpg
29 KB, 634x355
>>76081827
>>
>>76079732
it looks so fucking gay
>>
>>76082000
It's a test car
>>
>>76081577
>Driving becomes a nuisance or simple necessitie instead of also being fun.
>Cant roadroage at anyone anymore
>Roadtrage at stupid computer making stupid shit and thus wasting time
>Nobody can drive anymore, except of the few people that didnt arrived in 2020 yet.... I mean come on!
>First thing done is to ban all non-auto cars inna city cause the computers are shit and cant handle human controlled traffic.
>Muh safety, think of the children etc.
>Even more SJW
>The stupid dont even die in car accidents anymore.... thus even more stupid people get to live.

What a total failure mankind what become.... thats brave new world tier shit.
>UK
Oh ok, no wonder you dont have a problem with that.

That said, if it was entirely optional then yes... but our gubbermint wouldnt let it be just optional.
>>
>>76081827
There will still be some accidents.

Breakdowns/blowouts, road debris, animals in the road, ice, standing water, etc.

They will be a lot more seldom though.
>>
>>76081866
People who only go 80 on the highway really should be pulled over and shot.
>>
>>76081866
Which brings us to the point of

wouldn't you like to be able to do random shit instead of having to focus on the road? I for one, don't give a fuck about "driving", why not be able to do shit while you are on the way to wherever?
>>
>>76081926
There won't be any steering wheels in the future.
>>
>>76082008
And it looks fucking gay
>>
>most of us will be lonely old repilled anons without grandsons

why living?
>>
>>76082014
All situations already tested.
>>
>>76079732
This car should be named the cuckmobile
>>
>>76079732
Good.

I don't want to be on the highway with people texting, eating, putting on make up, falling asleep, spacing out, crying or having road rage.

People shouldn't be allowed to drive.
>>
File: Robotsarethefuture.webm (2 MB, 698x662) Image search: [Google]
Robotsarethefuture.webm
2 MB, 698x662
>>76079732
yea they really have this robotic automation thing figured out senpai
>>
>>76082061
Not me
>>
>>76082011
>HI'm a little german, my country is only 5 hours long hahaha

Hey. In America, we have to travel across the country and it can take over 3 fucking days. Driving isn't fucking fun. I'm tired of it.
>>
>>76082071
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOf3dJ0vmMg
>>
>>76081577
>How is this not an objective improvement for the average commuter again?

Because self driving cars don't actually work properly yet, as evidenced by the fact that they're not actually on the road in Europe.

>>76081713

Also this.

>>76081727
>That's totally incorrect, you fucking moron. Do you just make up bullshit 24/7?
Where are all the self driving cars then?
> It's happening in a few years, if that, and the self-driving cars are all over even now. You don't even know it.

Unless you're talking about 'drive assist' Teslas, you're wrong. There are no self driving cars on the road in the Netherlands... Since March they've been doing some tests on tracks and open roads with ACC-technology, and the conclusions for now are that the technology is not yet at an adequate level to enable REAL autonomous driving. Even in a track setting, a 'train' of more than 6 cars had problems coming to a stop in time if the first car had to make an emergency stop. The last car(s) could not stop in time on multiple occasions.. And these cars weren't even fully autonomous, they based their actions on the cars in front of them.

>There have been 0 accidents caused by self-driving cars, in cities, on highways, or wherever. Every accident has been someone rear-ending the car or hitting the car when it was following all procedures and proper traffic laws.

http://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/googles-chris-urmson-explain-self-driving-car-crash/

ok.
>>
>>76082058
That kind of intolerance will be illegal, too, fixing another problem!
>>
>>76080334
>It's cattle cars for the rest of us, just like Hitler but even more advanced.
You're a hyperbolic fucknut. The sky is falling, isn't it chickenlittle?

You should be embarrassed to speak.
>>
>>76079732
if i ever see a car driving itself im shooting it to death for my own safety.
>>
>>76082209
Nice, posting like 4 year old video from a shitty competitor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVlhMGQgDkY
>>
>>76081866
>Humans are objectively awful drivers
>the average commuter is eating McDonald's while masturbating to their cell phone and going 80 on the highway

Seems to me you're projecting American values on the rest of us, anon... Don't do that.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNAa5-uCowY&t=15m4s
>>
>>76081577
>imminent car accident
>car decides to kill you instead of killing others

It's just the tip of all the ethical problems self-driving cars will create.
>>
>>76082022
>Not ocassionally having fun driving above 200kmh
Why do you even live if not for the little things?
Of course driving isnt fun most of the time, but those few times it is are the ones that are important.
And not doing the same shit everyday 24/7 for all of eternity.
>>
File: barkbark.png (619 KB, 645x493) Image search: [Google]
barkbark.png
619 KB, 645x493
>>76082011
>driving isn't a necessity now
>roadraging is good
>human traffic is good
>safety is bad
>less people die
This somehow leads to SJWs.

Lay off that whetstone, Hans that edge is sharp enough.
>>
I can see a future in which major thoroughfares are automated; most surface streets and rural roads will always require human control, but when you get to a limited-access highway, you pull into a "staging lane" for your car to sync to the system and take over.

Not to say that would be trouble-free, but it would allow traffic to flow very fast and largely without accidents and the bottlenecks caused by impatient drivers.

It'll be an interesting transition, but not one that I'll blindly oppose. Due to the always-looming possibility of the system "crashing" (from malfunction or malice), I don't foresee an era without human-operated controls, though.
>>
>>76081302
>They can't handle the complexities of modern urban traffic quite yet.
with the amount of deaths per year, neither can humans.

These cars can be put on the road today and they WILL do better than people.
>>
>>76082242
Soz, just so happens I work not too many offices over from the self-driving car people. They worked it out to try to land one on Mars.

And they look cool, too, unlike OP, because they're made by actual engineers rather than fags.
>>
>>76082224
>HI'm a little german, my country is only 5 hours long
>In America, we have to travel across the country and it can take over 3 fucking days.

That's just because of speed limits though, anon.
>>
>>76081679
>and the rest of us can let loose.
no, it'll just be illegal for you to drive and good thing with your "letting loose" shit.
>>
File: 1351529090999.jpg (32 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1351529090999.jpg
32 KB, 250x250
friendly reminder that having a self-driving car automatically makes you a cuck for life.
>>
>>76082304
That's what I was saying years before it became a popular argument.

It's quite astonishing how stupid scientists can be when you present them with arguments that go against their preconceived notions.
>>
>>76082011
If only you had superior trains...and Strassenbahn...and bicycle paths...there would be no need for privately owned autos, right?
>>
>>76082427
>getting your time and attention cucked by the wheel
imagine how much it adds up to
>>
>>76082304
>"car decides to kill you instead of killing others"
>"I don't know how computers work so I make stupid statements like above"
>>
>>76082289
An Audi does this too.
>>
File: spintires.jpg (851 KB, 1167x882) Image search: [Google]
spintires.jpg
851 KB, 1167x882
What happens to motorcycles?
>>
>>76082427
40,000 people die a year
90% are from wrong turns.
>>
>>76081866
>the average commuter is eating McDonald's while masturbating to their cell phone and going 80 on the highway.

Wanna know why I can't take your argument seriously?
>>
>>76082345
>with the amount of deaths per year, neither can humans.

All humans are not equal though... There are 3.4 road traffic deaths per 100k inhabitants in this country, and more than 10/100k in yours.

>These cars can be put on the road today and they WILL do better than people.

Again, in the US maybe... In this country I forsee loads and loads of cyclists being killed by 'autonomous' machines that lack the insight human beans do.

I'm not saying it'll never happen. I'm saying we're not there yet..
>>
>>76082618
>In this country I forsee loads and loads of cyclists being killed by 'autonomous' machines that lack the insight human beans do.

You're an idiot.
>>
>>76082524
That's exactly how computers work, retard. That's how the USSR was supposed to be better. That's why IBM's Watson computer was used as the role model for the global collection of medical records to improve the efficiency of medical care for meatbags like you.
>>
>>76079732
a newspaper here wrote that car looked like a "depressed coala bear"
pretty accurate, desu
>>
How the hell is the self driving car myth still alive? It cant be done they have given up on the idea.
>>
>>76079732
>it must have been so dangerous...but so exciting, I wish I lived back then.
Rich people dont drive for a reason, its actually tedious as fuck, the only reason you like it is because you think its masculine.
>>
>>76081577
Also just imagine how comfy self driving cars will be once they get rid off all the unneeded clunks.
Going on a road trip would be God tier.
The screens of the car can now be used as a computer interface since the only reason big car makers didnt invest more in CIs is that theyre seen as distractions for a driver. Tint the windows and you have your own little cinema. Better car entertainment.
>>
>>76082786
What exactly is the point of a road trip if you're just sitting in what might as well be a cuckshed and staring at a computer screen?
>>
>>76082635

If self driving cars run into fucking CITY BUSES in America, how are they ever going to navigate this bullshit?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yh_13xg4Wpg

You cannot program machines to deal with the insanity of teenagers and children on bikes mingling with motorised traffic..
>>
>>76082708
They literally already exist, the fully autonomous ones just aren't ready for consumer use yet.

See >>76082289
>>
>>76082899
Bikers here will ride up next to a city bus and turn their mirrors around if the bus driver is an ass.

Then the bus has to pull over and spend time to re-adjust them properly and make everyone late to work. Asshole bikers are assholes, but reasonable ones are bros on the road.
>>
>>76082320
I meant a simple necessity in the way that it doesnt actually mean anything else then to go from point A to point B, without actually experiencing it.
I.e. You never ever have fun driving anymore, instead of just occasionally having fun.

Yes roadraging can be fun, coming up with new swear words for the other drivers and harrassing too slow drivers... or those fucks that post on jewbook during driving.

Never said human traffic was could, just that the computer couldnt handle it and our gubbermint would ban everybody from entering cities w/o an automated car.

Over-the top safety and "muh children" is bad yes. Living is risk, w/o risks life is dull.

And yes, it is a problem if stupid people dont die anymore.

Oh its a fucking leaf....no wonder.
>>
>>76082540
get banned
>>
>>76079732
These got tested here in California and they turned out to be disastrous. One almost caused a bus to crash into oncoming traffic while it was filled with people because its decision making is based upon movement sensors and not on intuition like humans.

Google had to recall the test line back after one accident where a total of three cars were involved because the car did not take human error into account and follows traffic laws to the letter.

There a number of cases like this. It sounds more like a PR stunt gone wrong than anything else.
>>
>>76082560

http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/leading-causes-of-death.htm

You're more likely to die after eating one of your greasy shit burgers than getting into a wreck.
>>
How are there so many faggots in this thread who don't enjoy driving?
>>
>>76082870
Thats the way cucks imagine roadtrips.... dont ask why I´m sure theres some really really stupid reasoning behind it.
>>
>>76083076
>Sure I got blindsided by someone texting behind the wheel and now I'm paralyzed from below the waist, but at least I'm not in a dull old self-driving car :^)
>>
>>76079732
I don't think it will. Imagine how much it'd cost to get every car in America replaced with self driving ones? Or even worse imagine trying to do that in China with their new car market? How will the govt get everybody to give up their cars and buy self driving ones? Can the govt really afford to pay me the 36k my car is worth to confiscate it? Trying to take American's cars would be like like trying to take our guns, good fucking luck.
>>
>>76083197
>Google
>Doing anything right in the past decade or two

That's what happens when you staff the place with manchildren, everyone.
>>
>>76083415

>bin those keys
>>
>>76082520
Why didn't you become organized and time efficient in the first place, lazy cuck?
>>
Also these cars are going to be a godsend for blind people.
>>
>>76082899
MUH HUMAN DRIVERS HAVE BETTER REACTION AND ABILITY THAN COMPUTERS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=33&v=oMdcWHnbhsw
>>
>>76083317
Cars went from machines with souls that provoke a visceral reaction when you step on the gas to disposable appliances that just get you where you want to go.
>>
>>76083428
I don't disagree with this. But a big problem was the car's reaction time. It had to wait until somwthing got into sensor range to make a decision.
>>
>>76083489
Why? So we can radiotag blind people so the cars won't run into them anymore when they're stumbling around like blind people who obviously can't see where they're going?
>>
>>76083415
They would acutally be NEW and not "old".

But yes, there are risks in fucking EVERYTHING.

Damn, a jogger got hit by a falling tree in my area and is now a vegetable.
>Ban jogging!
>Sport is murder!
>Be safe, dont be fit!
>>
>>76083627

Whatever the reason is this thread is full of numale citydwellers who want to live in a hugbox where nothing unsafe ever happens.

These are the type of people that support gun control.
>>
>tfw no license
I keep thinking I should get one, but it's hella expensive here in quebec, and I live in the city so it's not like I need a car.
I don't think self-driving cars will ever be a thing, nor will car culture ever completely go away. I could see public transit actually becoming legitimately trendy and hip, though -- it's already happened with the STM here in Montreal. Taking the metro isn't something to be proud of, but it's not something anyone is ashamed of like they used to be.

>>76083428
>Google
>Doing anything right in the past decade or two
This. Remember Google Glass? Google Video? Google Talk? Google Hangouts? Google+? Google ain't shit. They're a glorified holding/acquisitions company. All their great products are things they bought up and then made significantly worse almost immediately: Android hasn't been good since 2.4, YouTube was absolutely not google's creation and only got clunky after they acquired it...
>>
>>76083489
Or will we put braile on the cars so the blind people can walk up and touch them and be able to determine that it's a car?

It would be unsafe and discriminatory to do otherwise.
>>
>>76083317
MUH CAR MUH DIK
t.nigger
>>
>>76083572

Okay now lets see a computer do this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTJZTc1U1tM

I can cherry pick too
>>
>>76083777

You faggots sound exactly like gun-grabbers, right down to being obsessed with dicks.,
>>
>>76083838
You need guns to keep niggers,wackos,zombies, the queen and king of england, etc out of your property.
You dont need to cling to old cars for shit, you just have this working class mentality that your car represents your virility.
>>
>>76080064
anything that stops women from driving is a good thing
>>
>>76084043
No, I just occasionally have to go somewhere that is not realistically within walking distance, so I take what would otherwise be a nuisance and turn it into fun.

Believe me, you would think I must be a black person in Argentina if you saw my car. But that's mainly because I only care that it's practical and fun.
>>
But i like diving. So much in fact that i go for drives just to listen to music and have fun.

I don't ever what that to end.
>>
>>76079732
>grandpa what were diseases like?
>grandpa what was getting old like?
>grandpa what was life before post-scarcity like?
>grandpa what was having a shitty unaugmented meat body like?
Embrace it, OP. We won't need cars where we're going.
>>
>>76083044

I don't see how that related to the enormous amounts of bicycle traffic in Dutch cities.

>>76083572

Why isn't it swerving through traffic like that if it's apparantly so great? Why the controlled environment? Why aren't they the norm yet, if they're apparantly superior? Why do autonomous cars in the Netherlands fail to stop in time on closed test tracks?
>>
>>76084043

>be driving in the city
>suddenly a riot like in San Jose
>rioters are grabbing and shaking your car pounding on the windows
>you want to drive through them and escape but your self-driving car sees humans in front of it and refuses to move
>you sit helplessly until you're dragged out of your car and beaten to death
>>
>>76084322

>Wild carjacker appears
>Steps in front of your autonomous car
>It stops
>He takes your place
>Autonomously drives off in your car

Nothing but good things!
>>
>>76084322
That's why you have guns
>>
>>76084421
In California?

Hahahahahahahaha
>>
>>76079732
If you live outside the city that won't be a reality for trillions of years. Not that outside the city exists to these freaks.
>>
>government wants to kill you before you release info

>has car drive you off a cliff or into a semitruck
>>
>>76084310
>I don't see how that related to the enormous amounts of bicycle traffic in Dutch cities.
Only because transportation is inherently chaotic no matter where you are exactly. Those with certain advantages will always take advantage of others. This includes pedestrians.

And if you really want fun times, try an old-fashioned 3rd world country where it's like watching a bucket of ants crawling all over each other, but actually is not too difficult to navigate once you understand the cultural norms.
>>
You know what's never going to happen?

Electronic cars
>>
>>76084421

>point SmartGun at carjacker
>SmartGun identifies carjacker as a person and engages electronic safety
>carjacker hits you with a bottle, steals your SmartGun, and drives off with your autonomous car
>>
>>76079732
Maybe in the Islamic Republic of Cuckistan (Formally Known As Great Britain)
>>
>>76084570
why not?
they need to improve batteries, but the motor is simpler, everything is a lot simpler without combustion.
just the batteries and therefore range of the car... thats gonna take some time
>>
>>76079732

Go to a private racetrack if you want to compensate for a tiny wang. Most people just want to go fem A to B without getting killed by some drunk or manchild pretending he's a race car driver.
>>
>>76084043
>You dont need
You don't need self driving cars, either.
People enjoy the act of driving itself. In addition, people enjoy being in control of their own lives.
Plus, nothing feels as great as flooring an old big block and having it slam you back into your seat.
>>
>>76083320
>>76082870
Driving 500km inland and seeing nothing but the same thing for all that time makes me want to take a short movie brake
>>
Reminder that your car will make the decision to kill you if a crash is imminent and the other car has more people.
>>
>>76084851
right now they have no programming like that
>>
>>76084523
>And if you really want fun times, try an old-fashioned 3rd world country where it's like watching a bucket of ants crawling all over each other, but actually is not too difficult to navigate once you understand the cultural norms.

That's exactly my point though.. Autonomous vehicles would probably work well in an entirely controlled scenario, where all vehicles are autonomous and in connection with each other. But that isn't the case. In your third world example, where cultural norms are more relevant (much like riding a bicycle in Amsterdam), a logic and rule based autonomous system will be less likely to function perfectly.. Mostly because even if you understand cultural norms, there's no guarantee that everybody will abide by them. The person approaching the intersection from the right may be some retarded Yank or Euro on holiday, completely fucking the cultural norms. Never even mind the behavior of teenagers riding bicycles to school in groups in this country.. The cultural norms imply that they will ignore all rules and road signals, and just take priority like they own the place.

All it takes is 1 autonomous car to plough into a group of kids on bicycles, and that will be the end of that experiment for decades to come. They're not well developed enough yet.
>>
>>76084904

So what will it do? Kill everybody? Just kill the other people?
>>
>>76084776
>Muh feels
You are not entlited to move around a ton of metal at 100 km per hour in a populated area because you think its fun.
You never been to an ER, you don't see the cost of driving, if we can automate it then you bet your ass your days of driving are over.
>>
>>76081679

See? Manchild who thinks he's an expert driver.

The Interstate isn't a fucking racetrack!
>>
I hate driving. So I welcome this new way of life with open arms.
>>
>>76084987
take the necessary steps to maximize the chance of the drivers survival/avoid bodily harm.
>>
>>76081648
That brings up an interesting point: if you're a really good driver, would you still be safer if they decided to ban personal cars?
>>
>>76084851
>not rooting your car and installing an open-source OS that allows you to change the protocols to sacrifice everyone for your safety
>>
>>76085062
I agree. Cops should do more to pull over the people with obvious signs of not being able to safely maintain their speed, and those who can't should kindly keep to the right so we can all enjoy the road together.
>>
When I first got my driver's licenses, I took a short trip to Manhattan. drove across the FDR drive at night (pic related). It was the most fun I ever had driving. Just the freedom and the view. My 16 year old self was having the time of my life.

Now kids will just type in an address and sit in a car going 55 mph max. How pathetic.
>>
>>76084774
I know a group of people that are wannabe racers. One races in a Benz xD each one of them is degenerative as fuck.
>Benz driver is a cuck
>only has capacity to talk about cars or weed
>Most people know him as "Booger" because he publicly picks his nose and eats it.
>hands always in his pants wherever he is
>>
>>76085096
>take the necessary steps to maximize the chance of the drivers survival/avoid bodily harm.

AKA kill everyone else if needed be?
>>
>>76085229
Cool story grandpa
>>
>>76085229
Did you hit that big hump a few minutes down from the GWB? I always slow down in anticipation to give me room to floor it over the hump.

Passengers love it.
>>
Shut up n00b I'm owning you!
>>
>>76085026
You're not entitled to self driving cars, either. :^)
>>
>>76084987
did you just take ethics 101 at a shifty community college or something? the car's code doesn't. ecessarily even take human casualties into account you massive retard, it just follows routines to bets avoid a crash in various circumstances
>>
File: 1235045835102.jpg (44 KB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
1235045835102.jpg
44 KB, 800x533
>being a cager cuck
>>
>>76084987

Yes. It will kill everybody.
It will explode.
It will explode and the Jews will win.

Is that the response you wanted?
>>
>>76085382
I would guess so.
I don't think a program exists, that could realistically somehow evaluate the lifes at stake and make an informed decision which is worth to be preserved.
and who would buy a self driving car that might kill you bc the other car has more passengers?
>>
>>76085650
Aka living where there is actual winter. The riding season here is like 6 months, so bikes are not a terribly practical mode of transport.
>>
Chances are we'll still be driving for another 50 years before they're able to fully replace all of the vehicles in circulation. Your grandkids will also be half black by this point.
>>
Hmm. That seems kind of cool. There doesn't even need to be a driving age for these things. Parents would love this shit. They wouldn't have to drive their kids around for play dates, soccer practice, or whatever kids do. Likewise, the 12-15 year olds who have some freedom but can't drive yet are now going to be able to drive.
>>
>>76079732
Yes, it probably is.
And it's gonna suck.
>>
>>76086018
kids still need parental supervision
>>
>>76085792
snowdriving bestdriving

It's even fun to stop and push somebody who got stuck.
>>
>>76084851
But the only thing that matters is the risk. If there is less overall risk, you have no reason not to let it drive.

Now, the real problem is that the government will be able to remotely take over your car like a toy and drive you off a cliff. And oh, by the way, the police can already disable your car if you have an OnStar-equipped vehicle (they rolled it out in order to stop car chases).

Welcome to Technocracy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqNxldvKlNA
>>
>>76086155
No, kids are just little machines. They need programming in front of the TV, at school, to keep the occupied, to have them do 20 different things every day for their own good so you don't have to bother and just talk smack with other parents you don't even really like.
>>
>>76082015
Under rated post.
>>
>>76079732
>>76080334
These

They'll automate them and have them drop coordinates of where we are every moment. These cars will have a range limit on them, and it'll be much harder to disappear and go innawoods in the future.

That's why I'm thinking of buying a couple of pre-80s computer-less cars to stay on the safe side.
>>
>>76086180

Also whats stopping someone from hacking into your car via the wi-fi and shutting it down or taking control?

>>76082289

lmao

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsTxS6tg6xc
>>
>>76086155
Maybe not children but you can teach an 11 year old how to type in an address and go somewhere alone.
>>
>>76086333
Got a friend with a big old nasty all-mechanical diesel converted to run on just about anything. Less than practical but fun as fuck.

Also one of the reasons I'm worried about my old DD rusting out. Simple, stupid, easy to fix, fun to drive.
>>
>>76081308

Are libertarians this retarded?
It'll take you where you *want* to be, not where the MUH BIG GOBNMENT needs you to be. Being tracked is not a concern any more than it is now, since we have to register our cars
>>
>>76086500
Or maybe it'll take you to where I want you to be, or somebody else who has official or not official control over it.
>>
>>76084269
This. I just sold my car, don't need it anymore, it's literally cheaper and easier to use an Uber.

I do plan on getting an old diesel truck that doesn't have all the unnecessary computer electronic components in it though, I just hate these new cars with all their sensors keyless-starts 3g wifi shit, it's too much, they are fucked now
>>
File: Brutus2_zpshwp3uigv.jpg (71 KB, 576x270) Image search: [Google]
Brutus2_zpshwp3uigv.jpg
71 KB, 576x270
You fucking cucks disgust me.

The only electronic components a car should have is the ignition, lights and maybe a nitrous/fuel injection computer.
>>
>>76080064
good thing thats decades from now. Sounds pleasantly gay.
>>
>>76085613
>did you just take ethics 101 at a shifty community college or something?
Lmao, no that sounds like something Americans would do..
> the car's code doesn't. ecessarily even take human casualties into account you massive retard, it just follows routines to bets avoid a crash in various circumstances

Meaning it will potentially kill the driver, other drivers or bystanders.. If the car's code doesn't take that into account currently, it probably should in the future.

>>76085655

No. I'm genuinely curious as to how they'll make autonomous cars deal with issues like this..

>>76085719
>and who would buy a self driving car that might kill you bc the other car has more passengers?

Who would approve a car as roadworthy if it's programmed to risk everyone's life but the driver's in an emergency situation?

>>76086425

Aren't American parents arrested if they let their 11 year olds roam the steets freely?
>>
File: robofeels.png (74 KB, 500x541) Image search: [Google]
robofeels.png
74 KB, 500x541
>>76082265
Are we just trying to make the terminator at this point?
>>
>>76086889
>Who would approve a car as roadworthy if it's programmed to risk everyone's life but the driver's in an emergency situation?

those cars exist, they are just driven by humans right now.
i don't think that a country exist where you are expected to sacrifice yourself for others on the road.
everybody looks out for himself and in the end, someone's lucky and someone isn't.
>>
>>76086611

> official

But they can (using less fancy methods) already do that, can't they?

> unofficial

This is much like credit cards and bank accounts today. Banks eventually do get hacked because of dumb employees, but you can't really factor a 1024-bit number and steal someone's money when they purchase stuff online
>>
>>76079732
>>76080064
>>76081653
>not revelling in the chaos a networked multitude of high speed steel death machines will bring once hacked

My body is ready.
>>
>>76087407
Sure, but it takes a little more effort for the FBI to have to send somebody to go stick a tracking device on your car and then turn around and say you're a criminal for interfering with an investigation if you notice somebody stuck something on your car and take it off.

There was a conference in Las Vegas the other year where a young kid showed off the ability to get cash out of an ATM remotely, and to hack into implanted medical devices. He mysteriously died shortly afterward. So I think that indicates how much trust the rest of us should have about these things.
>>
>>76079732
>It's gonna happen.
Can't see it. Just saw a video this week about a Tesla breaking automatically. And wrecking the car in front of it.
>>
>>76082304
>car decides to kill you instead of killing others
>human driver cannot even make a decision in the critical moments before the accident and everyone involved dies
>>
>>76087224
>those cars exist, they are just driven by humans right now.

Are you sure? If you're about to drive into a bunch of cyclists, wouldn't you rather steer into the wall or trees than staight into them?

Especially on a subconcious level, I think people will always try to avoid crashing into other people.. A ditch, a tree or a guard rail will instinctively seem more appealing, even though it will put us at a greater risk.

>i don't think that a country exist where you are expected to sacrifice yourself for others on the road.

Under Dutch law you're expected to in certain circumstances though... For instance, someone who swerved out of the way of a gigantic deer or elk or something (big animal anyway) and slammed into an oncoming car was held liable by Dutch courts... When given the choise between ramming into a gigantic animal, potentially hurting you, and driving into traffic, potentially hurting others, you're expected to save the others.
>>
>>76079732
Ford still do Manuel gearboxes.. I don't think actual cars are going anywhere.. while we're on the topic i'd like to say that safety equipment is stupid.

>Forced upon cars
>Prevents naturel selection
>Just make that shit an option for pussys and familys.

Aero dynamics is for people who can't make engines - Enzo
>>
>>76088316
Isn't it interesting that the BBC's Top Gear and NPR's Car Talk are two of the most globally recognized and appreciated programs of all time?

I think that says something about human nature. Why go against human nature?
>>
>>76087812

I'm pretty sure the conference you're talking about was in Kentucky. They hacked insulin pumps and bypasses because such devices lacked decent encryption. The author is still alive.

As for hacking ATM's remotely, you can sniff the electromagnetic traces of someone typing his PIN (each key emits its respective impulse upon being pressed) and mimick his credit card.

Mathematical encryption is pretty based desu, you probably shouldn't worry unless you're a top tier VIP
>>
>>76088675

I stand corrected, you were referring to Barnaby Jack
>>
File: 1456414498199.jpg (217 KB, 1349x1303) Image search: [Google]
1456414498199.jpg
217 KB, 1349x1303
>>76088675
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barnaby_Jack

I quite like the move toward encryption. We were supposed to be all about that back in the GPG days, but apparently the forces at work didn't want us to be sending emails except in the clear. Last I checked even truecrypt doesn't natively support a key length that would stand a realistic chance of not being cracked within our lifetimes, even without the magic of quantum computers.

I don't know why that might be. Are they trying to hide something or make sure it doesn't get hidden?
>>
>>76081866
Stop looking in my car while I drive down the freeway anon!
>>
File: plofkraken.png (4 MB, 1866x937) Image search: [Google]
plofkraken.png
4 MB, 1866x937
>>76087812
>>76088675

>Hacking ATMs remotely
>Not just bruteforcing them

m80s pls.. No need to worry about them changing the encryption either.
>>
>>76079732
>don't worry my grandchild, as oppressive as the world's governments have become in their legislation there is thankfully still a legal concept of grandfathering in and your grampa was wise enough to keep and maintain ye olde vehicles with no fancy electronics prone to breakage and preventing us from having fun. One day I'll let you have a go in one of them but for now just sit back and enjoy yourself as I take you for that exciting ride on a winding mountain road somewhere. We'll recklessly overtake all those electric abominations (they'll brake for us, don't worry), we'll drift a bit and even burn some tyres if there's any rubber left by the time we return home
>>
>>76089211
lal

>playing chicken with a robot car
>inconvenient people die
>the law says it's fine and it was the right thing to do because the robot car knows best
>>
>>76081727
But a google self driving car has been in an accident, you inflamed bunion.
>>
>>76089558
And we should also outlaw planes, because it seems they keep crashing and blowing up whether they're on autopilot or not.

For that matter, let's only have self-exploding bombs. That will take care of the Muslim problem.
>>
>>76089558
it wasnt at fault

>smugpepe
>>
>>76081648
>99% of people can't fucking do it right

I bet you consider yourself in the 1% of those who can
Thread replies: 181
Thread images: 18

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.