[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Genetically Modified Organisms - Specifically fish
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: Morons.jpg (41 KB, 620x348) Image search: [Google]
Morons.jpg
41 KB, 620x348
Right, so here I have a link to a petition on Change.org. Some dumbass wants "GM" foods labelled, since our country is allowing a company to produce cloned salmon. I've seen the support for this grow over the last few days, and everyday I go and read the comments I get more and more angry at all those stupid people and that I'm unable to comment at them calling them out on their shit.
These idiots make me so angry, and there's nothing I can do about it.
What should I do?
https://www.change.org/p/canadian-food-inspection-agency-labelling-for-genetically-modified-food-should-be-required/c
>>
>>76039810
Why give a fuck about this when we need a final solution for the Jews?
>>
not an argument
>>
>>76039810

There is literally no downside to labeling foods with "GM"
>>
>>76040100
"
Labeling the food as "contains GMOs" not only looks like a warning label to the average person, but tells the customer nothing useful about the food. Say it's a bag of Smartfood Popcorn: Was it the corn that was genetically engineered? Was it the vegetable oil they cooked them in? Or was it the bacteria that made the cheese? (Rennet, which is essential to most cheese-making, was previously scraped from a calf's stomach lining until we genetically engineered bacteria to make it instead). It doesn't tell you what seed company the farmer bought it from (and most likely, the end product came from a harvest containing multiple farmers yields, originating from many seed companies, both conventional and GMO,). It doesn't tell you anything about the nutrition of the product. 1. we already have required nutritional labelling, and 2. there are no crops available in North America that have a different nutritional profile from their conventional counterpart (and we likely won't see that for a long while as long as people campaign against Genetically engineering crops here.... though genetically engineered bacteria manufacture a lot of vitamins and minerals... just that people have no qualms about that.). It doesn't even tell you about the specific modified traits the crop had, or what novel protein the crop produced- for similar reasons to why it is ineffectual at telling you what seed company it came from."
>>
>>76040205

so make the label more specific. what's the problem
>>
>>76040205
so your only concern is it will hurt companies' profits?

good, they should give us real food instead of clones, clones cost less they should make less money off them
>>
>>76040933
Please point out where in that quote it says anything about hurting a companies profits, because to my knowledge "value", "cost", "profit" and other similar words don't appear anywhere in there.
Also, yeah the cloned Salmon would cost less making a healthy food affordable to impoverished families.
>>
Fine, but even if a label with literally EVERY detail of the product was put on it, would they actually read it? Then if they DID read it, would they believe it when they are already so headstrong about NOT believing?
>>
Fuck off Monsanto shill
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-05-24-14-06-31.png (495 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-05-24-14-06-31.png
495 KB, 1920x1080
>>76040205
Basically, ingredients lists need GM labelling and not the entire packet.

Cool beans... Provided they evolved naturally.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.