[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The earth is flat
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 124
Thread images: 17
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (79 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
79 KB, 1280x720
You people call yourselves "redpilled" and yet you still think the earth is round. Prove the earth is round, faggots. Protip: you can't. Prove that space even exists... have you been there? The only evidence people have is the propaganda that's used to indoctrinate us from a very young age, and you all just accept it at face value, without question.

NASA, the world's space agencies, and so called "scientists" have been lying to us for decades.

http://www.theflatearthsociety.org

Educate yourselves.
>>
>>76038481
Kys ya manlet nerd
>>
Fucking finally, I've been waiting for this thread. This is the ultimate redpill.
>>
>>76038481
You are one dimensional.
>>
>>76038539
>>76038663
good arguments, guys. keep it up.
>>
I'll deposit .05 into anyones account who can prove the earth is round.
>>
>In the Flat Earth model, 'gravity', rather than being a force, is the upward acceleration of the Earth. The Earth always accelerates upward at 1g, which is equivalent to the gravitational acceleration in the Round Earth model. Like the force of gravity, the Earth's acceleration causes several commonly observed phenomena in our daily lives.

There's answers for literally any question you could think of.
>>
The earth is literally a 4D sphere. It is literally both round and flat and its true form is not available to see with our current senses
>>
The earth is hollow, don't fall for this misdirection.
>>
>>76039214
Nice, did you learn that from Xenu?
>>
File: moon-phases-ACSSU115.png (193 KB, 1806x936) Image search: [Google]
moon-phases-ACSSU115.png
193 KB, 1806x936
/thread
>>
File: PyramidEarth.jpg (56 KB, 300x272) Image search: [Google]
PyramidEarth.jpg
56 KB, 300x272
>not knowing the true shape of the earth
>>
>>76038971
So everything in space is accelerating unilaterally at the same rate?

Does this include all the nearby spherical planets?
>>
File: a75YqQe_700b_v1.jpg (82 KB, 600x749) Image search: [Google]
a75YqQe_700b_v1.jpg
82 KB, 600x749
>>76038481
Prove it is flat then faggot.
>>
File: hqdefault[1].jpg (19 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault[1].jpg
19 KB, 480x360
>>76039328
When one observes the phases of the moon he is simply observing the moon's day and night, a natural shadow from the sun illuminating half of the spherical moon at any one time.
>>
File: 1464991989709.gif (1 MB, 110x215) Image search: [Google]
1464991989709.gif
1 MB, 110x215
The earth is hollow. Unlike this bullshit memery of "flat earth", hollow earth actually has convincing evidence.

It got to the point where the government tries to weaken it with reptilian shills.
>>
>>76039214
agreed. i've seen it when i consumed mass amounts of keta mean
>>
>>76039440
You have no reason to assume other bodies in "space" are spherical, or any evidence that space even exists, other than propaganda.
>>
>>76039699
Well as an amateur astronomer, I have to say the case for space is pretty convincing.
>>
File: dat face.png (2 MB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
dat face.png
2 MB, 2048x1536
>>76038481

>If the Earth is flat what stops us from walking off the edge?
>>
>>76038481
>>76038971

If the flat earth is real then why are we assuming space and "gravity" are still real?

Instead of space why not the ether? Why not just say we're held to the ground because God wills it so? We can still say he wills it at a constant of 9.8m/s/s, so science should be fine.

Obviously satellites and things exist because we can still get gps but that just means they figured out how to position stationary objects up there in the ether (or "gps satellites" are a lie and it's all just cell phone towers)
>>
>>76038481
How does this affect my life if it's true? Why do i care?

If the science cunts who figure out how to invent computers and cell phones all want to pretend that the world is round, why do i not just let them have that one?
>>
>>76040138
The only thing you see in your telescope is light. Light can appear in an infinite number of ways, but it is all, by limitation of perspective, an illusion. The fact is, you've never been to space. Therefore, you cannot say with any certainty whatsoever that it even exists.
>>
>>76040150
>what are oceans
>>
>>76040167
I've seen the ISS and a few satellites with my own eyes. Anyone with a telescope can look at them. Occasionally you can see the ISS with the naked eye.

Perhaps they have an explanation, but I don't see how we could have something like the ISS floating above a flat plane with constant upward acceleration.
>>
You guys are fucking idiots. Why don't I walk off the edge, explain stars, you can literally see space at night. Explain the sun, explain the horizon.
>>
>>76040430

a very large expanse of sea, in particular each of the main areas into which the sea is divided geographically.

>If the Earth is flat what stops us from walking off the edge.
>>
>>76040431
I've seen the ISS too.
>>
>inb4 this becomes a hollow Earth Nazi Vril thread
>>
>>76040167
>>76040431
Satellites are caught up in the wake of the universal acceleration that explains gravity, causing them to circle the Earth just as the celestial objects.

As for GPS, equatorial towers send the signals upward and they are bounced back by the ionosphere.
>>
Friendly reminder that raiders post these threads to discredit /pol/ and make our userbase seem like tinfoilers. Sage, report and ignore.
>>
>>76041004
Good, let them, the less serious /pol/ is taken the better. We're not trying to be mainstream here, you leafed out faggot.
>>
File: perfect sphere.jpg (3 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
perfect sphere.jpg
3 KB, 259x194
>>76038481
The natural state of objects is spherical as it requires the least amount of surface tension to maintain.

Explain to me why the Earth is somehow special.
>>
File: images[1].jpg (12 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
images[1].jpg
12 KB, 225x225
>>76040434
http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/tiki/tiki-index.php?page=The+Sun

>The Sun's area of light is limited to a circular area of light upon the earth much like the light of a lighthouse is limited to a finite circular area around it. The rotating light on a lighthouse does not propagate infinitely into the distance. This means that only certain portions of the Earth are lightened at a time. It also describes how night and day arise on the Flat Earth. The apparent view of rising and setting are caused by perspective, just as a flock of birds overhead will descend into the horizon as it flies into the distance.

It's all there, man. All you have to do is open your eyes and be willing to look into it with an open mind.
>>
>>76041128
How is it flying? Magically?
>>
>>76041206

Gods Frisbee?
>>
If the earth is flat why can you walk across Antarctica?
>>
>>76041125
You are assuming space exists and that the matter in space is dictated by what are generally incorrect mathematical models.
>>
>>76041272
>Beliving in God
>>
I can't believe that in the year of our lord 2016 people still believe this bullshit.
>>
>>76041098
Hello my shill friend, if you don't think /pol/ is a place where truth should reign, or at the very least constructive discussion should occur, you need to leave and never return you cancerous shitposter
>>
>>76041366

>Assuming I believe in God.
>Having no sense of sarcasm.
>Having no sense of Humor.
>Being this socially backwards.
>>
>>76041206
It's called universal acceleration. It is as fundamental a force as electromagnetism.
>>
Flat earthers are as retarded as ball earthers.

It's hubris to believe your mind can fully grasp the created universe.

Heliocentrists believe that a man weighed the sun by hanging two lead balls from a roof and looking at them with a telescope.
>>
>>76041439
>because it's easy to tell sarcasm from text
>>
>>76041442
>>76040515
>>76040150
>>
>>76041360
No space involved, this is observable on this very planet.

Why is the Earth special?
>>
>>76041506

>Using sarcasm to point out how you can't get sarcasm from text.

GG nigga.
>>
>>76038481
Nice slide thread OP

Flat earthers really should be jailed
>>
>>76041649
Kek
>>
>>76040913
Well you're free to believe it I suppose. You're right, until space travel is commonplace you can't experience and confirm it for yourself. But a lot of these explanations sound about as plausible as magic. It fails occam's razor.

Why do you think Elon Musk is wasting billions on something unachievable? Didn't the elites let him know?

> As for GPS, equatorial towers send the signals upward and they are bounced back by the ionosphere.

This particularly is just physically impossible. I'm an engineer, I understand how triangulation works. They'll need to come up with a better explanation for how satellites are suspended above the earth. Some kind of sci-fi style secret anti-grav technology would have been more convincing.
>>
>>76041342
It only seems you are walking across Antarctica. The immense cold affects the human brain to the point that what seems like a walk "across" a land area is really a walk "around a land area. No one has ever survived sailing further south of Antarctica and has been lost into low earth space desu.
>>
>>76041548
>>>76040515
>>>76040150
I suppose you could do that if you walked on water. In truth, though, people with the cability of actually reaching the edge generally know it exists, but are told to keep quiet about it by the same people that so earnestly want the earth's population to believe that the earth is a globe.
>>
>>76041692
*Triangulation = trilateration. Autocorrect.
>>
File: Timecube.png (157 KB, 1008x707) Image search: [Google]
Timecube.png
157 KB, 1008x707
>>76039438
>pyramid earth
>not believing true time cube
kys
>>
>>76041442
So what would be bigger than a flat earth? According to the sun model, the sun is smaller than the 'flat' earth.
>>
>>76041577
Oh, you've seen matter attract itself entirely because of its mass? That entire theory is based on the false premise of the fundamental force of gravity.
>>
>>76038481
wtf does nasa have to gain from covering up the fact that the world is flat
>>
>>76038971
What is causing the earth to constantly accelerate upwards? That breaks energy conservation laws so hard.
>>
>>76041125
holy shit you think the earth is a sphere because of surface tension? this flat earth stuff is funny because it's so crazy, but "early is a sphere because of surface tension" is just the right level of stupid that i think you're not joking.
>>
>>76038971
see >>76041877
>>
>>76041889
but anon, the flat earthers are on the side of the argument where they can just say "Gravity doesn't work the way you think." I agree with them that I personally cannot prove the earth is round, but nor can they prove its flat.
>>
>>76041756

>Implying there is water on the edges of the map you provided and not ice.
>Implying keeping people quite about an edge to the world is possible.
>Implying that ancient explorers wouldn't of documented an edge to the Earth.
>>
File: 1444404645861.gif (2 MB, 356x200) Image search: [Google]
1444404645861.gif
2 MB, 356x200
>>76040325
>>76040430
I don't know what you're trying to pull here....
Your argument makes some sense but then you think about it and it doesn't. If the ocean stops us from walking off earth why arent ships falling off earth. Why have planes gone around the earth in various ways?
>>
Race war? Race war!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYy77IGsBFc
>>
>>76038481
How do you explain the hill in my yard?
>>
literally never seen a flat earther explain WHY nasa is covering up the flat earth and guarding the antarctic which is supposedly the "edge"
>>
>>76038971
All it would take to falsify this is the force of gravity being measured precisely at a low point and at the top of a very tall mountain. Anyone know if this has been done?
>>
>>76042209
see >>76042036
>>76041877
>>
The Earth is actually spherical but it's hollow and that's the thing they don't want you to know, to the point where they try and make flat earth look credible with these threads, and set up TWO straw men for idiots to argue about.

Can't you see?

>eheheheh yes, good goys
>the earth's totally flat!
>or it's a solid sphere!
>pick one, silly goyim!
>>
>>76038481
This board always has such entertaining threads at night
>>
>>76041360
>>76041955
here i will make things simpler
everything in the universe wants to be a sphere
okay
>>
>>76038481
But anon it's a well known fact that we all live in a computer simulation and are part of a video game for aliens.
>>
>>76041692
>>76041777
>It fails occam's razor.
The problem with occam's razor is that what is the "simplest" explanation is debatable, and it's also just a general rule of thumb. occam's razor cannot logically say anything about what is actually true or false.
>This particularly is just physically impossible.
Admittedly, I myself am not an engineer, however you must admit it is entirely plausible that the signals we receive from "GPS" entirely originate from high-powered towers strategically placed on the earth plane.
>>
It's flat as fuck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkkLO4oEQS4
>>
>>76042063
>Uses classic Italians aren't white meme
Absolute perfection
>>
>>76042209
I mean NASA has produced detailed maps of earth's gravitational force at all locations on the globe but this isn't going to convince flat earthers. Also the thing you suggest sounds hard because there will be big environmental differences and a flat earther can just say you didn't properly account for them.
>>
Also, explain seasons.
>>
>>76041756
You just made a claim that people who've reached the edge are told to keep quiet by an organization of people.

Please provide evidence of such people.
>>
>>76041955
Looks like someone failed physics.
>>
>>76042275
I suppose it is technically hollow but it's not much use to anyone on account of being full of magma.
>>
>>76041889
see >>76041442
>>
the second I ask the one bubble-popping question, OP fucks off with his tail between his legs. I swear flat earthers are the most retarded faggots I've ever seen, is it the plastic in packaged food or what? do you have fucking fetal alcohol syndrome? what makes an adult human being this fucking hopelessly head-slappingly stupid?
>>
>>76042381
>plausible that the signals we receive from "GPS" entirely originate from high-powered towers strategically placed on the earth plane
No it's satellites. It's really that simple. They're more abundant than you probably think. We (as a whole) have 2271 satellites in orbit. Also it's kind of near common knowledge that GPS is because of satellites.
>>
>>76041756
We Truman show now!
>>
Being redpilled doesn't mean believing that every stupid conspiracy is right. Stop being a basement rat and go outside to a hill, you can see the curvature on a clear day.
>>
Imagine if something significant hit the Earth in such a way that the Earth's rotation was significantly affected.

We'd all get launched at hundreds of miles per hour directly into our walls and crash right throw them like Kool-Aid men.
>>
>>76042628
Shit go up in a plane. I can clearly the curvature.
>>
>>76042334
>>76042535
lol do they really teach you in Australia that planets and stars are spherical because of surface tension? no foolin/shitpostin?
>>
jew psyop thread
>>
>>76042712
>Clearly the curvature
Clearly see the curvature.
>>
>>76042040
>why arent ships falling off earth.
>Why have planes gone around the earth in various ways?
The earth is a disk. Ships and planes travel on the disk; they do not go "around" the earth. Thus, ships generally never reach the edge because there simply isn't any reason for them too. The edges of the earth are also largely ice sheets.
>>
>>76042173
Just because we may not know for sure why the powers that be would lie to us, doesn't mean they aren't.
>>
how do you explain people sailing around the world?
>>
>>76038481
how come when I flew from LA to New Zealand I went left? I followed on a map
>>
The earth isn't flat.

Explain gravity?
What about the moon, planets and stars, do they all orbit earth? This is essentially the Ptolemaic worldview which is false.
Why are the planets round and earth just happens to be flat?
Explain lunar eclipses.
Explain umbra and penumbra for solar eclipses.
If the earth is flat the Southern Hemisphere would be disproportionately larger, this makes no sense when you view the stars.
Circumpolar constellations?
What about the magnetic field? A flat earth would have no core large or even enough to be able to rotate to produce a magnetic field.
Plate tectonics also make no sense.
Coriolis effect also.
Look at GPS and satellites. It couldn't work if earth was flat.
We've seen the fucking earth from space and orbited around it. It's not flat.
If the earth is flat and we have satellites, why can't we see what the underside of the earth looks like?
Gravity shapes everything into a ball, if strong enough.
If the earth is flat, how do you explain axial precession? Wouldn't that create off axis torque on the earth itself and cause it to wobble?
Why are all the other celestial bodies round except us? That makes no sense.
Explain seasons.
What about the aurora borealis?
What about planes that fly over the pole?
If the earth is flat, why do plane routes take the same distance time if they flew in an arc from one point on the equator to another at a curve, one in Southern Hemisphere and one in northern, thus meeting at the same time?
Why is the North Pole arbitrarily the center of this flat earth? Why not the South Pole? Seems awfully Eurocentric.
How come nobody has ever walked off the edge of the earth?

Why do spaceships need a special angle of entry? Why do they need to land at a specific spot?

Wouldn't the higher angular rotation speed affect the centrifugal force of the planet? Wouldn't gravity be lighter the further south you go? Would gravity be heaviest at the North Pole? How many lateral g's more is it at the south?

Cuck.
>>
>>76039438
WE WUZ
>>
>>76043173
Explain why flight patterns don't travel in a straight line if the earth is flat? Why are flights always curved? The fastest way from point A to point B is a straight line, why do flight paths not work this way? If the earth was flat the flight path would look different.
>>
>>76042469
When the sun is further away from the North Pole, it's winter in the northern hemiplane (or hemisphere) and summer in the south.
>>
>>76039590
So the moon is spherical, then? Discs can not have crescent shadows or cresent. If so, what causes it to be spherical?

Why is the moon spherical and the earth flat?

What keeps the Moon and Sun at their constant altitudes above Earth?

What causes their movement in a circle above the Earth?

How do you explain solar eclipses?

How do you explain the spherical nature of the inner planets?

What explains the seasons on the Earth?

Why can I not look towards the USA and see the Sun during my night time, when according to your pic it would be up there hovering over the USA and still be in view of me?

Get the fuck off this board with your thread slides.
>>
>>76042723
All points on the surface are an equal distance from the centre. Gravity and pressure gradient force are balanced.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydrostatic_equilibrium

Please do your nation a favour and go back to school.
>>
>>76041366
>>76041506
Wow, an atheist can't detect sarcasm. More proof nihilism is part of autism.

Find Jesus Christ anon.
>>
File: hrja7c[1].png (11 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
hrja7c[1].png
11 KB, 512x512
>>76042469
>>76043845
The radius of the sun's orbit around the Earth's axis symmetry varies throughout the year, being smallest when summer is in the northern annulus and largest when it is summer in the southern annulus.
>>
>>76042476
>Please provide evidence of such people.
I don't need to. The simple plausibility of the existence of such people is enough to explain it.
>>
What would the point be in hiding the fact that the earth is flat? What could you possibly gain from that?
>>
>>76038481
The Earth is not round, it is an oblate spheroid.

There is STRONG EVIDENCE to suggest this is the case:

http://www.smarterthanthat.com/astronomy/top-10-ways-to-know-the-earth-is-not-flat/

Of course an alternative model could be put forth that it is in fact a different shape even flat. But you would need to explain away a lot of data and evidence to the contrary, generally invoking a great conspiracy of which many people are necessarily aware of, including all international pilots, astronauts from different countries and their space programs, independent space freight companies, satellite companies, major media and news organisations, the churches of the world and major religions, all of the scientists and engineers. Really it becomes a list of millions of people, at which point, if there was compelling evidence of a conspiracy, someone would have spoken up by now and had their Deep Throat moment in the sun, they would go down in history as the most important human being ever, for they enlightened humanity of this great lie.

A simpler explanation is that the only conspiracy being pushed is the anti-science conspiracy that the Earth is flat, and the people pushing this are cointel pro, FSB/CIA/NSA/MI6 as a pump-prime experiment in social media penetration. Why? To prepare enough people to believe in a staged alien invasion, which leads to world government.
>>
>>76038481
if the planet was flat with the sun floating only just above it, the sun would be visible from all locations on the 'flat world.'

You might as well be asking "Why can we breath air, if trees aren't real?"
>>
>>76042580
I answered your questions, m8.
>>
Wew lads, just sage this bullshit threads and also, you should never forget
RULE #11 OF THE INTERNET
>>
>>76043966
Nothing you're saying has anything to do with surface tension... surface tension is an actual physical thing that happens, not just a catch-all term for "makes things round." are you saying the moon is spherical because of surface tension? can you explain what surface tension is and how it works, then tell me how this applies to the moon?

i thought the aussie shitposter thing was a meme but i guess not.
>>
>>76043979
if this is the case, then why is the sun not always visible?
>>
>>76043845
>>76043979
What mechanism dictates this phenomenon.
>>
RULE #11 OF THE INTERNET
>>
File: 1465013496734.gif (22 KB, 764x572) Image search: [Google]
1465013496734.gif
22 KB, 764x572
>>
>>76042562
I'd love to test this.

You'd have to build a rocket and shoot it straight up in the air with sufficient escape velocity. If universal acceleration is correct, once it ran out of fuel, it would collide back into the earth (you could calculate when this would happen). However, if you're full of shit, we'd never see the rocket again.

The typical answer to rockets is that we shoot them such that the curve around the earth, but if you shot one straight up in the air, it would test this "universal acceleration" hypothesis.

t. physics major
>>
>>76043799
If the earth is a globe and the earth's surface is curved, and planes generally fly in a straight line, then why don't they fly into space?
>>
>>76043470
Also explain why the sky is blue mid-day, but orange at dusk and dawn. In real-people-world, this is because air molecules scatter the light differently when the sunlight hits the earth at different angles.
>>
>>76044455
They aren't going fast enough for one. Earths gravity is too strong. When you are in an orbit, you are literally falling around the earth hence orbital decay.
>>
>>76043344
They have, just on a flat disk.
>>
>>76043976
>Implying I'm an atheist
I believe in Kek
>>
File: Flat_earth[1].png (396 KB, 543x543) Image search: [Google]
Flat_earth[1].png
396 KB, 543x543
>>76043462
It would be exactly the same on a flat disk.
>>
>>76044693
Year-old idolatry

Even more autistic
>>
File: nodanargument.jpg (103 KB, 728x843) Image search: [Google]
nodanargument.jpg
103 KB, 728x843
>>76043470
>>
>>76044455
Oh my god you are retarded.

Centripetal motion

Applying a force perpendicular to your motion causes you to turn without changing your speed.

It's like if you put a thruster on a tether ball. It would just fly around in circles because it has a centripetal force.
Thread replies: 124
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.