[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Suppose, for the sake of argument, that tomorrow it is conclusively
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 8
File: brain in a vat.png (38 KB, 237x240) Image search: [Google]
brain in a vat.png
38 KB, 237x240
Suppose, for the sake of argument, that tomorrow it is conclusively proved that our entire universe is a computer simulation and that we are conscious artificial intelligences in a wholly virtual environment.

Assuming (purely for the sake of this discussion) this, what, if anything, would you change about your behaviour or the way you spend your time / go about living your life?
>>
i think it would be just like having a bad dream and them waking up
>>
File: 1461169634598.jpg (1 MB, 1471x2120) Image search: [Google]
1461169634598.jpg
1 MB, 1471x2120
Duuuude..... Weeeed....
>>
I'd change nothing. Because I don't know how to break free if the matrix yet.
>>
>>76036959

You think we would exit the simulation?
>>
>>76036860
you can't conclusively prove anything
>>
>>76037256

> suppose, for the sake of argument
> assuming (purely for the sake of this discussion)
>>
I would take more risks in my life since virtual death may not be the end of the simulation
>>
>>76037716
You probably wouldn't remember your life when they recycle your mind though
>>
>>76036860
time to rape and kill
>>
>>76036860
Almost nothing. Even if it were a simulation, you have no guarantee that if you die in it that you would somehow wake up in the real world. You may as well try to enjoy life or a simulation thereof.
>>
File: nerds.jpg (98 KB, 500x374) Image search: [Google]
nerds.jpg
98 KB, 500x374
i would become a nerd. i really need that.
>>
>>76037716
you still feel the pain anon
>>
>>76036860
hi. programmer here. BS in CS. approx. 15 years work experience. embedded systems in scientific research, custom map-reduce infrastructures, e-commerce, bit o' the server maintenance. currently a chief technology officer.

before you even begin to contemplate this marvelous little off-topic forum-sliding theory, much less come up with a complete explanation, i want you to do something else first.

write a program that can prove it's running on your actual CPU and not a hardware emulator which is identical to that CPU.

>k bye, see you never
>>
>>76038019
Test the processor delay against known CPU response times.

Boy that was hard
>>
>>76036860
Nothing really changes.
I suppose people would try to find out how to interact with the computer somehow and there would be massive social unrest but for all practical purposes nothing changes.
>>
>>76036860
I would become a #Cruzmissile
>>
>>76036860
Make a stable to put boobcarriers in to protect them from inferior genetics that do not worship boobs. On a sidenote i would destroy SJW drones and anything that aligns with them because they have a bad influence on my boobcows. And hillary is not going to be president of the US and A with a 95% probablity.
>>
>>76037172
Nope
We are the simulation
The entire universe including ourselves are a simulation.
There is not "out"
>>
>>76036860
I'd start trying at life because I'm good at videogames.
>>
File: 1464831821023.jpg (141 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
1464831821023.jpg
141 KB, 960x960
Wow you guys are really pushing the computer simulation lately. You must be so into it, why this is the sixth thread in the past 2 two days!
>>
if we are an AI then it doesn't matter. We will never break out because our technology doesn't actually exist, and the simulation of technology will not be able to act upon the actual technology simulating us
>>
Let teachers and philosophers brood over questions of reality and illusion. I know this: if life is illusion, then I am no less an illusion, and being thus, the illusion is real to me. I live, I burn with life, I love, I slay, and am content.
>>
File: 1414043533858.jpg (96 KB, 600x938) Image search: [Google]
1414043533858.jpg
96 KB, 600x938
I mean really you're packing it on! You got the same replies too and everything. You must be really into this topic, huh?
>>
>>76036860
The ....virtual reality shills are in full force today...????
>>
File: 1,w=993,c=0.bild.jpg (41 KB, 993x559) Image search: [Google]
1,w=993,c=0.bild.jpg
41 KB, 993x559
Elon Musk makes this moronic claim after reading a string theory novel, and suddenly everyone is hyped.

I'd derive greater enjoyment if someone would elucidate on the intricacies of how much of a welfare pig Elon Musk's current companies are. Get gov bux, make cars for rich people: just about as Jewish as his previous endeavors with Paypal.
>>
When's the one poster going to come in and say "That universe is a physical simulation, and the universe that contains us only sees physics as digital." or something of that style? It's almost like clockwork how on topic you guys keep. It's funny how this literally has nothing to do with politics.
Wow you have multiple threads and everything, guys!
>>76028284

I guess you guys are just so overenthusiastic on the topic!
>>
>>76039232
At least it's money going into research rather than funding some urban kid's crack addiction.

Anyway to answer the OP, I wouldn't change anything but I'd ask whoever is running the simulation to put me in the warcraft universe instead.
>>
>>76038901
>>76038901
But i m not content and i want my shit you fucking faggot. Fuck your budda shit, fuck your empathy, fuck your patience, fuck your stocism fuck your whole shitty existence. I will fuck you to all eternity you fucking pawn and your fucking data grabbing shilling pawns. Fuck your inferiority. Fuck your pathetic life.
>>
We are.
And its a test to see if we know wer are.
Congrats, we win.
>>
It's weird how eerily this thread matches up with the flat-earth shills.

Flat-earth autist please come destroy this slide thread.
>>
Nothing at all. We're at the mercy of our creators, and if they don't give a shit that we know, then nothing's going to happen, so... life goes on. And that's about it.

Because, you know, even if this is a simulated reality, who's to say that they didn't create a place where our data goes after "death"? Be it an afterlife or a data storage somewhere...

Knowing that it's a simulation doesn't change much, really.
>>
>>76038487
Would that mean reincarnation is a tHing?
>>
>>76039232
>musk grew up in south africa
>escaped to US
>saw that not even the US is safe from nigger hoards
>is defrauding the govt. for escape capsule to Mars
Not difficult.
>>
File: meta.png (27 KB, 237x240) Image search: [Google]
meta.png
27 KB, 237x240
>>76036860
>>
>>76036860
Try to escape of course
>>
>>76036860
I'd laugh because, essentially, they're just saying they've proved something more to this reality - Just proof of God for me.

I'll continue living the Catholic life
>>
>>76040067
kek
>>
>>76039804

That means that whatever you can imagine is a ting
Whiting the realm of science of course, the simulation seems to based on mathematics and logic.
>>
Nothing would change. For all intents and purposes, this is our reality and we are a part of this reality. That it is "fake" and it originated from another is pointless -- this is where "we" come from and we must maintain and preserve "it."

Do you understand?

I would only wish to leave out of curiosity to see what lies outside; I'd likely return.
>>
>>76036860
Iddqd idkfa
>>
>>76036860
I would shitpost on simulation 4chan about simulation (((jews)))
>>
File: 1465002544733.jpg (281 KB, 1280x1012) Image search: [Google]
1465002544733.jpg
281 KB, 1280x1012
>>
>>76036860
Assuming your magic, I'd go on believing God's at the top of the pole, and see if I can't find some way to no longer be subjected to that layer of obfuscation.
>>
>>76040532
That "steak" taste good, goy?
>>
>>76042193
>>76042267
>tripping in 2016
Get a load of this stupid ass nigger
>>
>>76036860
start studying chem to learn to make explosives from commonly available items while working on getting a decent security clearance.
>>
>>76036860
If it's all a simulation, what significance is death? Do other people just become NPCs in our lives? Does it even count as living if our experience is really just code?

What a frightening possibility.
>>
>>76042936
>posting in the current year
Don't you have kakapos to watch die out?
>>
>>76041886
R O L L for monk
>>
>>76041886
Summoner get.
>>
If you started behaving different they would just reset the simulation and everyone would die. So you'd have to fake it at least

Like that Rick and morty episode
>>
>>76044099
And if they decided not to do so...?
>>
>>76041886
gimme spellsword pls
>>
>>76037862
Like you weren't already doing that you dirty Spaniard Top keks
>>
>>76036860

This is impossible, because if you lived in a simulation, then you would be the only one in the simulaton. Everyone else you've ever met would be artificial and false lives. The simulation would not allow participants to discover it.
>>
>>76044315
Why wouldn't they? It's now a broken simulation
>>
>>76044399
>This is impossible, because if you lived in a simulation, then you would be the only one in the simulaton

That's false. It's entirely possible other people could share in the same basic simulation, just like a server hosting multiple clients.

>>76044551
You're assuming things about people who set up the simulation (first by even assuming someone did, when it's possible matter randomly arranged itself in such a way) that you shouldn't. Don't assume the intentions or motivations of people you know nothing about.
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.