[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you think has caused the intense political polarization
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: 141029-Republicans-vs-Democrats.jpg (772 KB, 1200x1026) Image search: [Google]
141029-Republicans-vs-Democrats.jpg
772 KB, 1200x1026
What do you think has caused the intense political polarization in America?
>>
>>75998587
Stupidity.
>>
>>75998587
Not really more polarised in America than it is elsewhere
>>
>>75998587
Leftist indoctrination.
>>
>>75998587

Diversity.
>>
File: image.jpg (56 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
56 KB, 480x480
>>75998587
Jews and leftist indoctrination in higher education
>>
>>75998587
Republicans.
>>
Childishness. The boomers are a generation of whiny bratty children, and they raised the millennials to be the same way. So now they all sit here and pitch a fit when their "team" doesn't win. They don't know or care about the issues or the ramifications, they just want their side to win so they can act smug to the kids who lost.
>>
The intensity is one sided. Trump supporters are mainly pushing their candidate. They aren't showing up in droves to protest criminal Clinton or NEET Bernie. They aren't rioting or starting fights. It's only the liberal assholes.
>>
In a democracy political parties are representative of the voting public. The parties are polarized because the voters are polarized.

I find it pathetic that people in democracy refuse to take responsibility for their own political failings. You're the one that voted everyone in!
>>
>>75999142
I'll bet most Americans would vote for a centrist party if there was one.
>>
>>75998587
Isn't it obvious? It's because of the first-past-the-post voting. Simple as that.
>>
>>75998587
first of all, obama, no doubt.

he was elected when the web was really beginning to boom. his win was a result of the eocnomic downturn, and his voter base was youths, and fringe voters.

the internet has allowed people to entirely block out information that conflicts with their world view, and anything critical to their beliefs.

this has enhanced the idelaist mindset, turning it into a trait that people are now proud to be a part of, with many young and moderate voters, decalring proudly "i am an idealist"

so you have two sides, who block the other out, taking in an enormous amount of information catered tot heir beliefs, and further catered to keep them coming back by essentially putting out bullshit of which only feeds their beliefsystem, and completely blocks out criticism and conflicting views.

you ahve a load of idiots, taking in news, that makes them feel smart, without exposing them to information that may make them question themselves.

ill be honest, it s afucking perfect storm. its why pol is such a success, and such a driving force. we've somehow managed to be one of the last free forms of conversation and debate, where dissenting opinions are neither stifled, not able to be ignored.

compare it to reddit.
that, and the fact that obama went ahead with his vote-winning campaign promise of ending the war in iraq, based on the notion that it was a bad idea. we pulled out, without any thought, turning iraq into a shit show, furthering the belief that it was a bad move.

had romney won, things would probably be a lot calmer.
obama has admitted that his greatest regret was letting the nation become so divided. he was a good president, but from a cultural point of view and maybe a foreign policy view, he was utter shit.

only history can tell. if there even is one.
we have to rmemeber obama's original slogan.

hope.
i hope we maneuver these mysterious waters successfully, and become a stronger, greater and better nation than before.
>>
>>75999142
we're a democratic republic mate. dont forget that facet. pure democracy only results in failure, and it is why we began, from the start, as a republic.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.