[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How come we get almost no 2D animated movies these days? 2D animated
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 153
Thread images: 15
File: theirongiant.png (615 KB, 690x460) Image search: [Google]
theirongiant.png
615 KB, 690x460
How come we get almost no 2D animated movies these days? 2D animated movies were a wonderful part of my childhood that I still have fond memories of, but today we only get shitty, generic 3D animated movies (with a few exceptions, of course). What happened? Is this a Jewish agenda or something?
>>
2d animation is a pain in the ass
>>
>>75995106
>this
i was an animation student. too much work drawing every frame. 3d moddels are way easier to work with
>>
>>75995106

But muh childhood.
>>
>>75994911
Aw you didnt like zootopia?
>>
>>75995386

Didn't watch it. And no, I didn't watch the Angry Birds movie either (in case you were going to ask me). And yes, I already know that the Angry Birds movie is supposedly red-pilled (in case you were going to tell me).
>>
>>75995106
>This

People are lazy shits and dont want to make anything with quality. why do you think Japanese anime has become so degenerate? Its easier to plaster moe girls then actually draw people.
>>
Pretty sure it was the first Toy Story movie that kicked off the 3D bullshit. There's the culprit.
>>
File: image.jpg (212 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
212 KB, 1280x720
I miss it, even the crappy movies were still enjoyable when I was a kid. I never liked the 3D animated stuff it was a novelty at the time but I always preferred the hand drawn stuff
>>
2D takes too much time
>>
File: george-paper.jpg (571 KB, 2048x1080) Image search: [Google]
george-paper.jpg
571 KB, 2048x1080
I just wish more 3d films looked like this https://youtu.be/eRl2OlyNMuc
>>
>>75997349
I thought this was hand drawn, I wouldn't mind 3D animation like that. I've fapped to this video so many times
>>
>>75995268
>>75995633
This is why the quality of my Chinese cartoons has gone downhill over the past few decades. Damn lazy Nips.
>>
>>75997570
>I thought this was hand drawn

It's a hybrid. I really like it.

>I've fapped to this video so many times

OK
>>
>>75994911
Because people are lazy. 2D>3D
>>
>>75997822

>2D>3D

This. So much this. Cartoons shouldn't look realistic, that's why they're cartoons for fuck's sake.
>>
>>75997822
it has more ro do with money. 3 seconds of detailed 2d animation can cost 4000 dollars.
>>
3D animation is mostly a (long) fad, in my opinion.

2D as an artform still appreciated by many and may well come back.

I for one am a big fan and hardly watch any 3d animations.
>>
>>75995268
This. I can have a model rigged, weight painted, textured, and moving in half a day. 6 hours if I don't have to paint the cunt.Do you know how long drawing takes?
>>
File: muh rexy.png (273 KB, 1425x824) Image search: [Google]
muh rexy.png
273 KB, 1425x824
>>75998283
Forgot pic.
>>
>>75995597
You nostalgia fags need to die. Honestly
>>
>>75998209

I completely agree with you, Based Eestibro!
>>
Why not just have the 3D models used to make a 2D movie?
>>
>>75998283
i know mang. and you're forgeting layout, background, colour. animation is a bitch
>>
>>75998330
>You classical music fags nostalgic fags need to die, honestly. Listen to some Justin Bieber for ffs, it's so much easier and cheaper to make.
>>
>>75994911
high quality 2D animation take too much time to make

you can get same result but shorter time to finish if you animate it in 3D
>>
Even 2d Animation tends to look cheap and soulless now thanks to the switch to digital

hand drawn animation is a dead artform
>>
>>75998325
good hand-made 3d animation is just as hard and time consuming as good 2d animation, cuck.
>>
>>75998283
Yes, good artisan work takes time and skill. That is why people think 3d cgi animations are pretty shitty compared to even bad 2d
>>
>>75998484
Like if you are a 90s baby? xD
>>
File: 600px-ArcherS6E4PPK1.jpg (62 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
600px-ArcherS6E4PPK1.jpg
62 KB, 600x338
>>75998209
>3D
>A fad
Sorry Estonia, it's not. 3D is leagues cheaper, taught more, and has more applications than just art (think skeletal reconstructions). A majority of 2D today is just flash garbage, moving around paper puppets.

Pic related is actually 3D, and most people barley know the difference. It's only going forward.
>>
>>75998402
because it looks like shit most of the time. watch appleseed ex machina or any movie from the early 2000s for than matter. things like cars,space ships are all 3d moddels and the look like an aspherger shat baby food on tracing paper
>>
>>75998657
Not really. If you have a model rigged up really well, then simply moving the bones will give you an animation that looks better than 2d animation that took 50x the time to do.
>>
>>75994911
but anon we get one every year
we got
My little Pony Equestria Girls
My little Pony Equestria Girls: Rainbow Rocks
My little Pony Equestria Girls: Friendship Games
and we get to see
My little Pony Equestria Girls: Everfree forest'n shieet
next year the pony movie with actual Ponie and ponie plot

get hyped nigger
>>
>>75998725
its not the same though. archer is good but its lacking, the animation isint vibrant and you cant get movement like you can with a real 2d animation
>>
>>75997822
>draw a character frame by frame for every movement
or
>draw character once and make it editable in a program

it´s called progress , nobody wants to do such incredibly exhausting art anymore you dindu.

if you miss it so much , revive it by becoming an artist and study , draw hard or stfu and let the people who know these things 10times better do their job with a less stressful more productive way.

thanks to 3d rendering and CGI all that , a lot more can be accomplished in way less time -
which means more animes , more movies , more stories for you to enjoy.

sometimes i swear /polacks/ are full pants on head retarded when it comes to anything.

no wonder everyother board laughs at us.
>>
>>75994911

I still like clay-mation and stop-motion 3D animation, like Fantastic Mr Fox or The Nightmare Before Christmas. That stuff still has a lot of soul to it.
>>
>>75998978
/pol/ is to 4chan what germany is to the world
>>
>>75998807
Nah, 2d animation is imperfect and that makes it good. I personally think a 3d->2d workflow is what the future will be. I really love rotoscoped animations, they are both fluid and imperfect at the same time, awesome.
>>
>>75994911
The MLP movie is going to be 2D next year
>>
>>75999089
i agree completely with you , i hate my country and am going to flee given i survive.
not a day goes by that i dont fear for the life of my mother who has to travel via train everyday to work and these terrorist attacks and suspected hit on berlin taking hundreds/thousands of lives doesn´t help it.

but on this site we are one , and you can´t blame us german citizens for anything that is happening.

nobody wanted this.
we are just an extended american land governed by zionists.

if you want to hate anyone , hate those in charge responsible while putting us in chains and sending us off to jail if we act up.

you are not a stupid person i think , us german citizens have little to nothing to do with refugees , the past and the future.

we are just pieces on a chessboard , expendable which they are doing right now but not every thread has to be about happenings.

also watch yourself cause i´ve relatives in ireland and i might come over and just drink with you faggot.
>>
>>75998917
True, Archer isn't as dynamic as other shows, but that doesn't mean the animation is simplistic.

You can have 3D shows with a 2D-ish look, or at least cell shading, with more dynamic movement. They don't even have to be big, Hollywood productions.
>>
>>75999197
Isn't mlp just flash animation? Also CN and Disney shows, it sucks. The art styles look almost identical
>>
http://cupheadgame.com/

really excited for this game, just for the animation choice if nothing else
>>
>>75998725
It may be taught more, but that's not really indicative of what future might bring.

My problem with 3d animation is that it's trying to be movie-realistic, but doesn't quite reach that level. At the same time, since it's still trying to be realistic, it loses touch with freedom of creativity.

It's like those faddy artists who paint photorealistic paintings. Okay, that's cool, but you may as well take photographs then, if all you want to achieve is realism without being realistic.

It will get money and clicks, but probably no legacy. Who will remember the run of the mill pixar movie of today in 60 years?

Most people still know Tom & Jerry episodes by heart from 60 years ago.
>>
>>75999603
Why not 60fps, makes no sense. It's not gi, at least render it at 60fps.
>>
>>75999473
i have family in germany and i worry for them every fuck second of every day. they live in a turkish neigbourhood in klön. cant wait untill you fucks are applying for asylum here
>german refugees welcome
>>
>>75995268
Me too. I fucking hate animation now after having to deal with shitty Flash.
>>
>>75998860
I'm not an expert of the subject, but aren't those animated with Flash®?
>>
>>75999603
archer is nearly always in one shot facing the forward. its like watching a medevil puppet show
>>
>>75999068
You seen this yet? Looks badass.
https://youtu.be/AWMyKZyIFnA
>tvw it's gonna flop.
>>
>>75999068
3D animation is exactly like claymation. You have to do move everything manually and dick around with motion splines.

I don't know how anyone has the patience for that shit.
>>
>>75999817
>Lel I'm an artist and too lazy to sculpt shit out of stone. I'll just whip something up on a computer n 2 hours and 3d print that shit.
>it's progress bro.
>>
>>75999068

>I still like clay-mation and stop-motion 3D animation, like Fantastic Mr Fox or The Nightmare Before Christmas.

Claymation and stop-motion 3D animation are definitely good.

>That stuff still has a lot of soul to it.

Yeah, it seems like the classic 2D stuff was made with a lot more love and passion than most of the 3D shit they churn out these days. The classic 2D stuff was made with the goal of not only making money but also telling a good story, today the 3D stuff seems like it's only about making money without trying to tell a good story (with some exceptions, obviously). There are things that 2D animation can do that 3D animation can't do and there are things that 3D animation can do that 2D animation can't do, so it balances out I guess. Still, I think that present-day animated movies should be mostly 2D. Leave 3D stuff mostly to video-games.
>>
>>75999817
god forbid you click the mouse more than once in the space of a second. that shit'll crash like a german blimp
>>
>>75999603
That looks fucking terrible.

It's literally like a nintendo gamecube cutscene or something.
>>
>>75999159
>Nah, 2d animation is imperfect and that makes it good

THIS
>>
>>75999982
MOCAP
O
C
A
P
>>
>>75994911
I do miss god tier hand-drawn cel animation. That shit was gorgerous.
>>
>>76000026
Sculpters are the worst artists though. They're like carpenters with a god complex.
>>
>>75994911
did you know the iron giant is based on a picture book from the 40's?
>>
>>75994911
3D is horrible.

I still remember watching Peter Pan in 2D
>>
>>75999952
animation is boring.

>>75999982
mocap and interpolation, that's why it looks worse than anything else

it's too easy and artists get lazy because of that
>>
>>76000379
did you know vin diesel did the voice of the giant?
>>
>>75999159

>Nah, 2d animation is imperfect and that makes it good.

THIS. THIS SO MUCH.
>>
File: 71t7YnD4HaL._SL500_.jpg (52 KB, 339x432) Image search: [Google]
71t7YnD4HaL._SL500_.jpg
52 KB, 339x432
>>76000379
I read the book back in 4th grade. Fucking weird. It had dragons and bathtubs and melted ears and was just strange. One of the only book-to-movie examples I can think of where the movie was better.
>>
File: jew-pole.jpg (46 KB, 317x293) Image search: [Google]
jew-pole.jpg
46 KB, 317x293
>>75998283
it has a completely different feeling to it though. I watch absolutely 0 3D animated anythings because they look like shit.

I still watch all traditional 2D shows like American Dad & Adventure Time.

Different audiences for different styles.

So it's not about time it's about money. Cheaper to do 3D because it's less work, therefore less money. Penny pinching jews in Hollywood is the answer
>>
>>76000615
the book is amazing man. a lot of the notable scenes in the movie are sketched out in the book. Instead of the nuke he fights a space alien and then gets rewarded shit to eat.

>>76000505
didn't know that
>>
>>75998978

This post is very telling of the utter cultural death most of the world is experiencing. There is no appreciation for beauty or effort, only the quantity of escapist media you can shovel into your brain. People do not even think in terms of the former anymore, as you demonstrated. Of course I can make more of it, for cheaper, it must be better. Watching one of Disney's old shorts (before Jews took over his company, anyway) is more fulfilling than thousands of hours of average modern animation.

Good CGI can look very good, but takes the same kind of effort hand drawn animation does. The bulk of it does not even try.
>>
>>76000494
It's a stop-motion. Look at the string at 1:46.
>>
>>75994911
How is disney going to make cafuckingjillion dollars on horrible "super realistic" 3d animated movies with their monopoly if people discover 2d movies are better and easier to make?
>>
For anyone thinking about the game posted here, cupboard something.
It's not only good because of the animation, it's also good cause its a metal slug clone.
>>
>>75994911
its easier to animated 3d. you make the models and textures then you can just do motion capture for like 90% of it

2d is all slowly drawn by people. i prefer 2d animation personally but i understand its sort of dead in the west
>>
>>76000907
There's no stop motion in 3d. They may or may not have done every frame individually on the scene you're point out, but most of the scenes are interpolated with a few keyframes.
>>
>>76000801
The dragon was weird though. He came all the way to earth, took a big ol' shit on Staya, and basically said he was going to eat everyone.

Then he got his continent sized ass kicked by a little tin man with a bath tub, all because of a bet. 9 year old me was confused. Not a bad book, just strange.
>>
>>75994911
That robots a 3D cgi character
>>
File: Theif and the cobbler.webm (2 MB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
Theif and the cobbler.webm
2 MB, 854x480
>This kind of animation is almost a lost art form.
>>
>>75999655
I think the movie will use ToonBoom
>>
File: 1464573550950.png (56 KB, 742x770) Image search: [Google]
1464573550950.png
56 KB, 742x770
>>75994911

>What happened? Is this a Jewish agenda or something?

>3D movies are a jew agenda

haha what?
>>
>>76001133
Came here to say this but triple dubs beat me to it. Computer animation was used quite heavily in Iron Giant.
>>
>>76000823
Beautiful post. I can't agree more.
>>
>>76001301
Everything is part of the Zionist master plan. Fingers in every pie.
>>
>>75994911
>Why no 2D anymore?
Shekels my friend. 2D animation is very labour intensive. You need hundreds of animators drawing each cell over a long period of time. And even with digital colouring, that too takes a lot of time.

Japan gets around this issue by simply treating their animators like shit. They don't earn a minimum wage, they get paid based on how many cells they make that day. Which is why there are often these scenes of a still image with just a camera panning over it. Just to save time and money.

Some TV shows like Simpsons and the like, outsource their animation to South Korea, again as a cost saving measure. But yet again, they too have been reducing actual animation quality in an effort to save time. (We have probably all seen the infamous image comparing animation in the intro alone).

Once South Korea becomes too expensive to outsource animation to, you will probably find them outsourcing to China instead.

There are some bright sparks working on creating software that can make 2D animation of similar quality to Disney's greatest works, while still being affordable. But whether that ever takes off fully is yet to be seen.
>>
>>76001156

There's SO much more heart and personality in that 2D animation than there is in most 3D animations today. We ought to keep 2D alive. 2D is a magnificent art-form.
>>
>>76001500

Is this chinese imageboard part of the master plan?
>>
Flips made some full-lenght animated movies back in 2008, and I guess they could make more

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKfezlko_rE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_pC7xS1hfg

Fun thing to know is that most 2D animation movies that has been made had alot of outsourcing going on in the Philippines
>>
3D animation is easier to do compared to 2d hand drawn animation, it like comparing a SFM animation to something like this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PN_CP4SuoTU
>it took him 3 years to do this
>>
>>76001581
weird how they were able to do it in the past and now they can't
>>
>>75998330
>completely distinct styles
>nostalgia
That's like calling metalheads nostalgiafags because they don't listen to country.
>>
>>75995268
Oneyng?
>>
>>76001704
Is this made by hand? That's amazing.
>>
>>76001743
Well it depends. Lots of old 80s Jap TV shows have pretty bad animation. Big budget OVAs and movies were beautiful though (thanks to the strong economy).
>>
>>76001156
i watched the re-edit of this. it was fucking weird i didn't like it. i'm not trying to trip out watching a simple cartoon.
>>
>>76000823

I completely agree with you, Based Ameribro.
>>
>>76001581
RARE
ARE
RE
E
>>76001652
Considering 4chan actually has dedicated FBI agents, Hillshills, and JIDF agents, I'd say yes.

A volatile part, but essential nonetheless.
>>
>>75999743
>It's like those faddy artists who paint photorealistic paintings.
Oh I see. We got ourselves one of these modern art fag that think throwing some paint on a canvas takes more skill than it does to capture reality.
>>
>>76001743
what use to happen in the old school days is you'd draw it on paper. stack them toghter and flick them really fast infront of a camera
>>
>>76001704

Some of those human animations are wonky. This isn't anime is it? Because it doesn't feel like it was made in Japan. It feels like an imitation of Japanese animation. Possibly France? I know the French tried to emulate anime for decades now.
>>
>>75995633
>american
>complaining about a natural development under capitalism
>>
>>76001970
>yfw this gif took 800 man hours to make
>>
>>76002045

Perhaps you are just a pawn yourself and you don't know it.
>>
>>76002158
its just a guy not a whole studio
>>
File: 1455141990912.gif (190 KB, 300x291) Image search: [Google]
1455141990912.gif
190 KB, 300x291
>>76001970
forgot to post it because my shit posting is being outsourced to some chinks
>>
File: Animation maximum effort.webm (2 MB, 852x480) Image search: [Google]
Animation maximum effort.webm
2 MB, 852x480
>>76002012
Different strokes for different folks, but I love the potentially massive amount of variety that animation as an art form could produce. I think it's a damned shame that we so often toss the whole thing to the side as a medium only fit for children, it seems like we've only really just explored what it's really capable of.
>>
Old Disney Cartoons look so damn gorgeous and it's a shame we've fallen out of touch. I can only hope 2D animation finds a resurgence in some way.
>>
Adventures of Tin Tin never got enough love. It was 3D animation but it made movement its primary focus, it feels like an incredible amount of love was put into the mechanics, angles and physics. This is one of the best chase scenes I've ever seen:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mVpZTGCikM
>>
>>76001743
It's all money man. As the economy improved and wages went up, the cost went up with it. Which meant you had to sell even better to make a profit. Which is why you actually saw TV shows going 3D before movies did. Since TV shows have smaller budgets and smaller returns.
Even in Japan with no wages for animators, they are moving towards more and more 3D work, simply to save money.

Fuck even Disney in the 80s was already outsourcing a fair share of their animation to China.

It's all about money. If you can invent a way that gets 2D drawing style animation without needing to actually draw each individual cell, you stand to make a lot of money.
>>
>>76002058
No it wasn't

they did it frame by frame with film and transparent sheets
>>
>>76001581

RARE
A
R
E
>>
>>76002476
or what actually happened is jews did a bidding war and destroyed great companies and started producing filth
>>
>>76002158
One guy doing shit in his spare time. Trying to make a Star Wars sequence like the anime shows he loved growing up. A true work of passion.
>>
>>76001689
>Ships and ocean were 3D in Urduja.
3D is efficient, and if done well people barely notice. I'm not sure why so many people are taking offense.
>>
>>76002410
you cant rush it but you can make it look like anything if you put the work in
>>
>>76002428

>I can only hope 2D animation finds a resurgence in some way.

Yes, I hope that 2D animation finds a resurgence in some way too. One good 2D movie is all it takes to make that happen. Fingers crossed. :)
>>
>>76002479
sullivan bluth studios did it alot aswell as real early animations
>>
sooooo smoth
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QAI4B_2Mfc
but im not really sure if it isnt just 3d models with shaders and shit
>>
>>76002051
Your words, not mine.

Photorealism is basically autism-art. It looks....realistic, but there's something missing.
>>
>>76002859
Not now, Straya, not now.
>>
>>76000129
it looks worse, like nothing has any weight
>>
>>76003241

>It looks....realistic, but there's something missing.

What's missing is escapism, which is the fucking point of cartoons in the first place (or at least it SHOULD be the point of cartoons, in my humble opinion).
>>
File: Df3li3i.jpg (44 KB, 600x403) Image search: [Google]
Df3li3i.jpg
44 KB, 600x403
>>75999743
I see drawing something as a challenge so a photorealistic painting or drawing would be the end goal for me
also mandatory adolf art
>>
>>76002410
>I think it's a damned shame that we so often toss the whole thing to the side as a medium only fit for children
Just listen to how they praise this shit https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fcvUrhFEpk
It's a shame that only the massive movie buffs tend to actually look at animation and animated films as being a legitimate artform.
It's going to take this generation of chinese cartoon watchers to reach their 60s to maybe change it so that it becomes as mainstream acceptable as in the east.

>>76002637
No such thing happened. It simply first got outsourced to Asia and then after it got replaced by 3D.
The last hand drawn animation studio outside of Walt Disney in the US, was one in Chicago IIRC. And all they ever did was draw cereal comercials for the last years they stayed in business.
>>
>>75994911

it's cheaper and less work intensive to do 3D.

But, the japs still keep the tradition alive, because they know that 2D is superior.
>>
>>76003621

source: Animator.
>>
>>76002859
>One good 2D movie is all it takes to make that happen.
Disney made the Princess and the Frog film in the old style. But made the mistake of not shilling the fuck out of it like they do with everything else they make. Still made a huge profit. But Disney got used to movies breaking a billion, so they axed the studio.

Then Seth Macfarlane hired them all to make this sequence for Family Guy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DM2oNWTo6DY
>>
>>76003621

>But, the japs still keep the tradition alive, because they know that 2D is superior.

Yes, thank God for the Based Japs! Jews fear the Samurai.
>>
>>76003887
animator myself and working in sfm (not really sure how they make movies and shit) is just like using drum samples to make music, you take premade assets and just move them around.

but japs do have flaws too, they really like to stick to low framerate to keep the drawing number to a minimum, yes its cheaper but if you watch an action scene there are like 3-5 different frames (might just be kill la kill, which I had a weeb friend praise like the pinacle of animation)
>>
>>76003924

where the fuck are you from?
>>
>>76003924
wtf is that flag
>>
File: boob ribbon.gif (896 KB, 700x600) Image search: [Google]
boob ribbon.gif
896 KB, 700x600
>>75998209
u forgot this
>>
>>76003241
Realist art is about capturing the natural reality without resorting to idealization or romanticism.
If you can't find beauty in the real world, you are better off killing yourself.
>>
>>76004169
http://archive.is/uWmOJ
>>
>>75996464
Toy story was good though. Its one of the few 3D movies done right.
>>
>>76005368
Wow, being such an edgelord on a chinese cartoon imageboard.

Sure showed me.
>>
>>76005857
watch the old pixar shorts
>>
>>76004169
>anyone claiming that kill la kill had good animation
Kek. Some shows do have pretty good animation though (G-Reco for example). It just depends on the budget and how much the team cares.
>>
>>75998725
Archet is mostly AE puppetry, what the fcuk are you talking about.
>>
>>76003924
Curedcocoa, they DID shill the everyliving fuck out of it. Complete with MUH #BLACKED ITS ABOUT TIME.
>>
>>76006508
That was more the pundits. Disney however, no massive TV ad campaign or the usual shit you see with their movies. This was their B-movie from their B-studio for that year after all. It sits between Up and Toy Story 3 in releases.
The budget was a measly $105 million.

Disney put more effort into marketing John Carter than it did Princess and the Frog. And that's a movie Disney intentionally tried to torpedo by calling it a flop just as it released. That should tell you something with how little thought was put into marketing it.

The sad thing is. people are going to look back on it as a hidden gem of a film and wonder why it failed. Same shit that happened to the Iron Giant basically.
>>
>>75998725
>3D is leagues cheaper
Not really.

The number of animators you need to employ goes way down, but the cost of the actual animation goes way up.

It's, at best, a very minor financial gain at the cost of thousands of animation jobs.
>>
>>76005838
>http://archive.is/uWmOJ
i've read somewhere that they have ''guide''books that tell them what colors have to be used for heroes and villains, ...
>>
>>75998283
>>75998330
>>75994911
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3l3yEGblTj8
drawing shit looks fantastic, this wouldn't work in 3d
>>
>>76001072
No dude, Studio Laika is almost entirely traditional stop motion, and even the non-stop motion bits employ traditional techniques like matting, keyframe animation, etc.

Check it out.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgvfVusJS2k
www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-9oErotlNo
>>
>>76001581
R A R E
A
R
E
>>
>>76007764
Oh any show will have like a bible for it. Which dictates the artistic style of the show that should be adhered to be animators. Can't have a character go from narrow eyes to wide eyes between scenes, or change colour and shit.
>>
>>75998181
You are correct and I am aware as well. From a profit stance, of couse companies would go 3D since it is easier and cheaper. But that does not make it better is all I am saying.
>>
>MFW the MLP 2017 movie is going to be 2D
>>
>>76007612

Rendering it and soft/hardware costs go up but the speed of production is much faster and it's easier to change a texture or model than it is to redraw, recolour and shade frames.

The pace they can produce film after film negates any extra cost.
>>
just posting cool animation
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4d2gBnUjI1E
>>
My Little Pony movie is coming out in 2017. In glorious 2D flash animation.
>>
>>76001581
RARE post, but none the less a good post
>>
>>76009175
no i mean like rules
>VILLAINS ONLY PURPLE OR BLUE
>HEROES ONLY RED
>CUTE GIRLS HAVE TO WINK
you get the idea
>>
>>76005956

It's not edgy if he's right.
Thread replies: 153
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.