[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Disabled People
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: istock_000055768616_xxxlarge.jpg (128 KB, 1040x585) Image search: [Google]
istock_000055768616_xxxlarge.jpg
128 KB, 1040x585
Do you believe Disability should exist, do you believe Disabled people should be left on their own even if legitimately medically incapable of working, or are you on the "purge them" side of things?

If you pick the last option, would that apply to permanently disabled veterans as well?

Hows does /pol/ feel about the disabled?
>>
BUMP

STOP BEING ABLE-PRIVILEGED OR WHATEVER THEY CALL IT AND ANSWER MY QUESTION WALK-FAGS
>>
>>75932398
I'm really torn on this.

My brother has down syndrome (my mother was a fucking idiot and decided to have another child at 37 to try and save a marriage that failed anyway) and even though he's the man and I love him, I'm not naive enough to convince myself that he isn't a broken person and a serious financial strain on my family (mainly my father) and the state. But as a principle of mine, I believe you should live with and pay for your mistakes, so personally I think he deserves to be cared for; he didn't ask to be brought into the world this way and it's not as if he ins't enjoying his life in a way that's within his capacity. He does great in swimming in the special olympics and has friends and hobbies, he even has a job doing something simple that helps give him a sense of worth and contribution. He just leads a different sort of life.

I also think people who scoff at retard jokes are oversensitive idiots. My brother may have downs, but I wont hesitate to call you retarded if you're acting like an idiot.

Vets should be cared for no matter what. Unless they want out because of some horrible injury. That should be an option, to die honorably.
In the end
>>
>>75932398
I feel like if a normal, productive person is injured in an accident or by an illness, there should be something to make sure they're taken care of.

But there shouldn't be programs paying benefits to congenital imbeciles who have never contributed to society, or people with fake "disabilities" like back pain or anxiety.
>>
If you cut off your dick are you disabled?
>>
>>75932398
if you can't work you should be put down. simple as that.
>>
he who doesnt work doesnt eat.
Period
>>
>>75933948
Even vets?
>>
>>75934082
vets are welfare queens. lazy niggers should have gotten a real job. So what if they got their feelings hurt playing butt buddy with all the other faggots?
>>
>>75933927
Who should kill me?
>>
>>75933927
>>75933948
Both agree and disagree here.

He who can work but doesn't should die; he who used to work but no longer can should be protected.

Those who were born to never produce are a massive drain, I understand how the families feel but if we nip the problem early it saves everyone the pain.
>>
>>75934217
anyone?
>>
>>75933927
>>75934153
Didn't take long for this asshole to show up

>>75933778
Fake disabilities are a fucking plague. I work with this scrawny, lives-in-moms-basement type who has "anxiety" from his horrible acne. He gets to leave when he wants, work as much as he wants, and gets paid the same as everyone at his level. My area manager knows it's fucked up, but amazon has special guidlines for employing people with disabilities.
>>
>>75934321
give me one reason they should be protected other than"muh feels" you cuck
>>
>>75932398
I know a quadriplegic. He only has partial control of his arms and hands. He can't grip properly, he has to use his hands as if they are hooks.
He is an architect and engineer for a contracting company. He works hard and makes a decent living. Probably around 200k a year.
>muh anecdote
>>
>>75934380
Well, one reason is that they have contributed to a system, that system has grown as a result of their effort, and now that they are unable to contribute more it should take care of them; the way he took care of the system while he was capable.

You really are a sheltered edgelord if you don't think that feelings play a role in these things. Only idiots don't take feelings into account, even if they sometimes must be dismissed.

You're failing to account for the feelings of a mob that would undoubtedly tear you limb from limb if you tried to implement some of the policies you're hinting at
>>
>>75934380
Who is they you fucking faggot?
>>
>>75932398
Honestly;
If you can work, you stay alive.
If any of your disabilities are inheritable, physical or mental, then you get sterilized.
If you are literally a vegetable (mentally) with no chance or possibility of improvement, you get put down.

People with serious physical disabilities, or just being amputees or paraplegics, can reasonably be assumed to be fixable through prosthetics and augmentations in the near future. No such hope for mental disability.

The only people who should ever be put down are those who literally aren't people, in that they simply lack the mental capacity for a human-level consciousness. They are human, but not people.
>>
File: 1449118173441.png (141 KB, 952x808) Image search: [Google]
1449118173441.png
141 KB, 952x808
>>75932398
I'm really torn on the issue, mostly because my dad's disabled
He was in the military, and had a surgery that left him crippled while he was in, but not because of any combat action
Now the gubmint's gonna take care of him till the day he dies
He got "lucky" in that if he wasnt in the military when the tumor was found in his back, my whole family'd probably be destitute, or at least much much poorer
I'm all for combat veterans being cared for, and I'm grateful that the governments taking care of im, but I don't know I'd feel if it happened to someone else
>>
Although I've always think of this more for the mentally-disabled, I suppose it could work for the physically-disabled too. The Bunny Test.

It works like this: Give a (disabled) person a Bunny as a pet and you'll receive one of three general outcomes:

1) They take care of that rabbit as if it was their own flesh and blood, feeding it, watching over it, and whatnot. By doing so they've shown the ability to empathize, their ability to care and support something, and a recognition for the importance of life.

2) The Bunny dies of negligence. Simply put, one is rendered mentally or physically incapable of caring for an animal. This could show a lack of empathy, or perhaps the inability to support themselves (or others) in a society. These type of people should be supported by their immediate family and friends.

3) The person kill the Bunny. A rarer option (hopefully), but a person may simply be too apathetic/sociopathic/ignorant enough to not recognize their ability to do harm. I know of some of these type of individuals, who simply do not realize the meaning of life, and would have no difficulties killing another person (albeit accidentally... hopefully) These type of people should be purged.

Anyways, my two thoughts.
>>
>>75932398
People who become disabled live.
People who doctors know will be born mentally disabled should not be born.
Born with a physical disability is kind of a toss up.
>>
>abort retards
>sterilize people with MS and other disabilities determined by a medical council on improving genetic health
>family supports people who become disabled, shitty government cheese type benes for people without families

And in a few generations you have improved genetic stock.
>>
>>75933572
I've got a brother with downs too, bro. It's taught me a lot over the course of my life.

I've learned a lot about patience and understanding, and it's taught me how to be tough and stick up for something.

I would never wish that on anyone, or their children. It's an emotional toll and a reason I am pro choice.

I'm glad I have my brother in my life, but I'm glad people have the opportunity to not be subjected to that life style, or bring a person into this world who will never be able to function and understand things correctly.
>>
>>75932398

People who are severely deformed or mentally retarded should be killed at birth. People who become disabled by accidents at work should be reasonably compensated by their employers. Disabled Veterans who are truly incapable of working should be given a modest salary for the rest of their lives. Everyone else should have to rely on family or private charity, two things that used to be widespread before the welfare state was installed.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.